Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,154 members, 7,845,802 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Why Would You Want To Get Married? - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Would You Want To Get Married? (29484 Views)

Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? / Why I Vowed Never to get married ( A Nairalander) / Ebi Wali: 'I May Never Get Married', Nigerians Blast Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by MissRaine69(f): 6:31pm On Feb 06, 2019
ubunja:
when it's tough you deny your womanhood? That won't save you. Now answer me. Why the fvck do you group all men together but when I group all women together you get pissed. Answer.
When you try to have a conversation with someone who makes it a habit to try and justify something based on comments by persons unknown this is the result. I am a woman, I never denied that, what I refuse to acknowledge is your statement that I am somehow responsible for what some women said. Sorry I am not budging on that. You can give yourself an aneurysm trying to make an argument based on “you women” but there is no basis to try and argue with me because I won’t yield.

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by ubunja(m): 6:34pm On Feb 06, 2019
MissRaine69:

When you try to have a conversation with someone who makes it a habit to try and justify something based on comments by persons unknown this is the result. I am a woman, I never denied that, what I refuse to acknowledge is your statement that I am somehow responsible for what some women said. Sorry I am not budging on that. You can give yourself an aneurysm trying to make an argument based on “you women” but there is no basis to try and argue with me because I won’t yield.
you don't have to yield anything becoz there is nothing to yield. Just answer me Why does it pain you so much when I group women when women group men all the time.
Don't tell me you never did it coz that's not the point.
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by MissRaine69(f): 6:43pm On Feb 06, 2019
surveyProf:

cool
My vagina says otherwise so no need to be smug but you are entitled to your opinion. And I am entitled to not caring about what you think.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by MissRaine69(f): 6:45pm On Feb 06, 2019
ubunja:
you don't have to yield anything becoz there is nothing to yield. Just answer me Why does it pain you so much when I group women when women group men all the time.
Don't tell me you never did it coz that's not the point.
I have never said it, it’s you that is coming at me guns blazing. Look at your responses, based on that you concluded that I have an issue with this more than you? I don’t think so. Nothing pains me, I just don’t agree with your generalisation.

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by ubunja(m): 6:48pm On Feb 06, 2019
MissRaine69:

I have never said it, it’s you that is coming at me guns blazing. Look at your responses, based on that you concluded that I have an issue with this more than you? I don’t think so. Nothing pains me, I just don’t agree with your generalisation.
when women say All Men Are Dogs do you agree or disagree? That's the point.
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by MissRaine69(f): 6:53pm On Feb 06, 2019
ubunja:
when women say All Men Are Dogs do you agree or disagree? That's the point.
I responded to this some eons ago but you have your head so far up your derrière you did not see it.
I don’t generalise so NO I don’t agree.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by surveyProf(m): 6:57pm On Feb 06, 2019
MissRaine69:

My vagina says otherwise so no need to be smug but you are entitled to your opinion. And I am entitled to not caring about what you think.

hmmm speechless lipsrsealed that's if u have one
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by johnsmith5: 7:06pm On Feb 06, 2019
I want to have children. A marriage provides - theoretically - the most stable environment in which to raise children.

Shows commitment. I personally believe if I get into the kind of long term relationship that is a "de facto" marriage, with cohabitation, kids, etc. without actual marriage, it's because I personally am holding back, looking for an easy escape route.
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by ubunja(m): 7:06pm On Feb 06, 2019
MissRaine69:

I responded to this some eons ago but you have your head so far up your derrière you did not see it.
I don’t generalise so NO I don’t agree.
that was the question and No you didn't answer it before.
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Ykol(m): 7:10pm On Feb 06, 2019
kunkelhanspeter:
Yesterday I wanted to wash I started thinking who will help me to wash it last year my mom told me she need a grandkid
wash machine no dey lol

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by MissRaine69(f): 7:16pm On Feb 06, 2019
surveyProf:

hmmm speechless lipsrsealed that's if u have one
I hate repeating myself. Believe what you want to believe it’s a free world( mostly).

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Kendrick80(m): 7:19pm On Feb 06, 2019
U guys r takin ds personal...pls just ansa op's qz and move on Biko undecided
Missraine69 kiss
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by kunkelhanspeter(m): 7:30pm On Feb 06, 2019
Ykol:
wash machine no dey lol
Dey don’t use wash machine for occasional clothes
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 06, 2019
Esdb3:
Can't get married because it is morally wrong and selfish to have kids. You and your wife are the ones who wants a baby. Does the baby want you?
hahahahah
this is so funny, an intelligent way of reasoning though

3 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by surveyProf(m): 8:14pm On Feb 06, 2019
MissRaine69:

I hate repeating myself. Believe what you want to believe it’s a free world( mostly).

Free world indeed cheesy
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by freethinker01: 8:38pm On Feb 06, 2019
Rozaytee:
onfused nigga
Trust me babe, everything is as crystal clear to me as the day.

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by MissRaine69(f): 8:40pm On Feb 06, 2019
Kendrick80:
U guys r takin ds personal...pls just ansa op's qz and move on Biko undecided
Missraine69 kiss
wink
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by prettysassygirl(f): 9:09pm On Feb 06, 2019
For companionship and children

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by EgusiShankly: 9:09pm On Feb 06, 2019
KevinDein:
Some people really don't wanna get married, their decision should be respected.

However can't help but think that some folks on here screaming marriage sucks are people that are downright unpleasant with genuinely nasty attitude and can't seem to find anyone willing to put up with them.

It's not that they DON'T want to marry. It's just that they CAN'T get anyone to marry them.

I don't do self deceit.
this is the most truthful response in this thread...

2 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by lollybizzu(m): 9:17pm On Feb 06, 2019
not only financially bro... But in everything as long as they're together.
upliftinglife:

A woman should be of help financially to her man.

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Ykol(m): 9:48pm On Feb 06, 2019
kunkelhanspeter:

Dey don’t use wash machine for occasional clothes
occasional clothes they different
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by lollybizzu(m): 10:05pm On Feb 06, 2019
Kendrick80:

I guess the parents gotta work hard/prove themselves worthy...what do feel?
U remind me of Phil 102/104 classes back in skool smiley
did you finish from oau?
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Kendrick80(m): 10:30pm On Feb 06, 2019
lollybizzu:
did you finish from oau?
Yes I did...why?
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by JimD(m): 10:41pm On Feb 06, 2019
Esdb3:
Can't get married because it is morally wrong and selfish to have kids. You and your wife are the ones who wants a baby. Does the baby want you?

Sage comment. Best so far. cool

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by JimD(m): 10:55pm On Feb 06, 2019
Omoluabi16:
Last last everyone ranting here will get married. Some of them daydream about their forever with their Prince charming or snow white. They will scatter social media with their pictures when they eventually get married.

There is fulfillment, satisfaction and companionship in marriage. You can't have a good marriage and remain the same. How about kids? I want to have children.Society has made it acceptable to breed bastards, no functional Daddy-mummy-Children family. Sex is free commodity today. .But it can never be compared to a happy family.

Sex is not free. You have to pay in cash every time. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Feb 06, 2019
ceeroh:

As my personality isn't for everyone, so is my response. Go fvck yourself Mr. maturity.

NB: Lemme reply you because you're the OP. I wouldn't wanna get married because asides giving birth and cooking, the lady would virtually have nothing more to offer. So why the stress? Any fertile female can give birth, even mad women give birth grin.
I might even end up adopting Children and continue with my life.

For those tearing me apart, this is it:
Don't get me wrong. I know my view sounds somehow. But if you look carefully, that's what most women do these days. Even those that work don't wanna share responsibilities with their husbands... Is that not the same as just cooking and giving birth?
As for the women in my family, that's a topic for another day, I wasn't raised by one. Not a broken home, but passed away when I was very young. Pops didn't remarry, and I never really felt her absence, maybe because I don't know what it feels like to have one. There's no house chore too big for me to handle, I grew up doing all those, perfectly. So I ask myself, what do I need a woman for? Asides giving birth and cooking, most of them have nothing more to offer. That's the truth. Some are even dirty and very disorganized, I can't stand a dirty environment. Never! But if you're gonna be offering something else asides what I listed above, then let me see. But how many of them have tangible things to offer?
And as for companionship, fvck it! I'm a hardcore introvert.

I wish I could like this post twice. I am an introvert too and feel exactly the same way.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by upliftinglife: 11:22pm On Feb 06, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Is that all? Then we are equal in marriage then. We share equal responsibilities altogether.

Build your career it will force people to respect you and your husband will honor you. Become a supporting hand to the family.
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:56pm On Feb 06, 2019
upliftinglife:

Build your career it will force people to respect you and your husband will honor you. Become a supporting hand to the family.

Hmmm. That's right. Will make sure.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:00am On Feb 07, 2019
Toseenlove:

No problem then, We can even do 30/70% financial responsibilities, You'll be responsible for the 70% so u'll have an upper hand and I will do the house chores on weekends lol.

Then I can command you at will, and you mustn't refuse. Ok?
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Toseenlove: 12:41am On Feb 07, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Then I can command you at will, and you mustn't refuse. Ok?
Alright dearie.
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Babacele: 6:41am On Feb 07, 2019
Different folks, different strokes....
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:58am On Feb 07, 2019
NairaMaster1:

Have you seen an America, France, British, Russia president without a wife or husband.

what has the presidency got to do with the subject, OR anything?!?!?! STICK TO THE BLOODY ISSUE AT HAND!

Nigerians and foolishness.

what has the above got to do with anything i wrote?! you should bring something valid to the discussion to DISCREDIT what i wrote or stay o accept "my views"...but whatever you choose... make sue you STICK TO THE BLOODY ISSUE AT HAND!

It's only irresponsible people that claim marriage is evil.

you must have some English comprehension issues... because i certainly didnt wrote the above you just claimed. stop inventing stuff and instead STICK TO THE BLOODY ISSUE AT HAND!

Adultery in Nigeria is what is killing marriages. Love of money.

and how is that relevant to the issue?! STICK TO THE BLOODY ISSUE AT HAND!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Signs That A Girl Is Interested In A Guy? / How To Tighten Your Vagina Naturally / Man Blows Trumpet For His Fiancee As She Dances In Pre-wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.