Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,487 members, 7,812,510 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

I Hate Housework And Cooking - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Hate Housework And Cooking (10308 Views)

Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) / Sharing Housework Leads To More Sex / I Hate Valentine's Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by MrCork8: 4:35pm On Sep 07, 2010
FEMINISM IS THE END TO ALL MARRAIGES (Cork's report: 2010) wink
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 07, 2010
Both of you should come to a compromise.

Also whether you like it or not, an house help would be indispensable in this scenario.
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by ebonyvibe(f): 4:40pm On Sep 07, 2010
??
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by MrCork8: 4:44pm On Sep 07, 2010
ebonyvibe, madam by the ways, u gots Nyansh tongue and are u light skin plus can u cook and clen?
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by buzugee(m): 4:45pm On Sep 07, 2010
likeme:

It is quite derogatory to be calling somebody's husband an azz. Show some repect I beg.
If the man has been putting up with this no cooking for 5 years expecting that the wife will change and she did not . what do upu expect, he should not voice out his opinion again?
what is derogatory is your inability to write. what is UPU ? anyway i digress, if the man has been putting up with it for 5 years then he is not a principled man and as such should put up with it for another 40 years. if he wasnt down with it from the start he should not have married her, expecting her to change. you do not change people. you accept them as they are.
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by oisehumen(m): 4:47pm On Sep 07, 2010
Wait a minute, what is this Cork of a guy or lady saying?
I have been reading his pots.
Very funny cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by bidemi12(m): 4:47pm On Sep 07, 2010
you must like being single
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by likeme(m): 4:52pm On Sep 07, 2010
@buzugee,
I have seen that you have been picking on my post. waoh, If at your level and size you cannot get the meaning of my post, then there is a big issue with you. Check my fans, walahi Aya e a ja!
This is more unless a chat forum, not a thesis class. By the way, the best response to somebody like you is to keep quiet.
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by buzugee(m): 4:56pm On Sep 07, 2010
likeme:

@buzugee,
I have seen that you have been picking on my post. waoh, If at your level and size you cannot get the meaning of my post, then there is a big issue with you. Check my fans, walahi Aya e a ja!
This is more unless a chat forum, not a thesis class. By the way, the best response to somebody like you is to keep quiet.

there you go again writing like an illegible dyslexic  grin  .DUDE i was minding my own business till you decided to mouth off to me. so the lesson you have learned today is 'do not start something you cannot finish'  wink
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by Princek12(m): 5:08pm On Sep 07, 2010
to the poster,

Why don't you admit that you are a[b] LAZY[/b] wife. What if your husband also told you that he is not cut out to open doors for you; to protect you and the kids; to mow the lawn, if necessary; to change light bulbs and fixtures that need replacement; to make sure that the family is not wanting of fundamental needs like food, shelter, etc; what would you say?
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by buzugee(m): 5:15pm On Sep 07, 2010
Princek12:

to the poster,

Why don't you admit that you are a[b] LAZY[/b] wife. What if your husband also told you that he is not cut out to open doors for you; to protect you and the kids; to mow the lawn, if necessary; to change light bulbs and fixtures that need replacement; to make sure that the family is not wanting of fundamental needs like food, shelter, etc; what would you say?
i am sure she will be smart enough not to marry him.
this guy already knew what she was about but he still married her anyway. whose fault is that ?
ebonyvibe:

I have always being like this how come it is now a problem. That is what baffles me
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by Princek12(m): 5:19pm On Sep 07, 2010
buzugee:

i am sure she will be smart enough not to marry him.
this guy already knew what she was about but he still married her anyway. whose fault is that ?

You are right. He knew what he was getting into but married her anyway.
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by buzugee(m): 5:22pm On Sep 07, 2010
BOTTOMLINE, people, before you marry someone, study their weak points. then decide if you can live with their weak points. if you cannot live with their weak points DO NOT marry them.

how you are obsessed with eating eba, shaki, ogunfe, amala, pomo, egunsi etc and you go ahead and marry a woman who is non-domesticated is beyond me.
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by sayso: 5:25pm On Sep 07, 2010
@Poster you do not like cooking but like eating,EWU career woman.Do you also tell your husband that you do not like F-U-C-K-I-NG?
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by Vidamia(m): 5:31pm On Sep 07, 2010
Na wa for you oooo. I'm very best sure that u.re not tired of having sex every night.
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by sonjohn: 5:49pm On Sep 07, 2010
na true the woman talk ooooo, i beg try to fix things with your husband because your family is more important just as your carrier is also more important too, na wa for this life self, if you do , people go talk, if you no kuku do, dem go still talk na wa ooooooooooooooooooooo,
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by carefree: 5:50pm On Sep 07, 2010
chrishenzo,

I am stating the facts about what goes on in a real chinese family. Obviously you know nothing much about the subject and can't even recognise real from your so call fake.

By the way, I see you love don't arguing for the sake of arguing. Go for anger management, learn some manners and spend some time in the East and if you are still interested to discuss in a civilise manner about chinese culture , only then, I will entertain you, till then ,

Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking
«

Quote from: chrishenzo,

Stop kidding me with those words. Two questions

Why do most Chinese girls always dream to have a Shanghai as a boyfriend?
Why do most Chinese girls prefer a weak man to a strong man that can stand on his decisions?

Don't give me a fake answer. Use what happen in real chinese life to answer my question
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by Seun(m): 5:55pm On Sep 07, 2010
I hate housework too.  I think your husband is being unreasonable and selfish to not want you to hire help. 
What's the purpose of working hard to make money if you cannot use that money to live a less stressful life

However, you know the kind of man you married so why wasn't this thrashed out before saying I do?  Why did he marry a career woman knowing he wants a traditional housewife?  And why did a career woman marry a man that wants a traditional housewife? 

This issue is deep; there's no straightforward solution.  If two people come into marriage with different ideas of what their roles are supposed to be, it's very very difficult to make it work.  Someone has to compromise and be unhappy.  Either you or him. sad

If a man has lived his whole life dreaming that one day he will have a wonderful "humble" wife to cook and clean and take care of his kids, how can he be happy with a career-oriented mate? At the same time, it's not fair that every woman in the world must be a cook and a cleaner. So no solution.
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by OmoEko2: 5:59pm On Sep 07, 2010
You need to choose which one is more important to you " Your Family or whatever.  My wife has musical talent very much like ASA but she dropped it to face her family and took up business of buying and selling. She cooks nice Yoruba dishes and takes care of our daughter like a princess, makes her hair and prepare her for school regularly, Tidy the house and serve my food hot always. Funny enough my 4yr old daughter has began learning from her mom in everything.

Point : You have to be decisive.
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by opribo(m): 6:00pm On Sep 07, 2010
Mshewwwwwwwwwwww, abeg next post jare, awon oni ranu shiooooooooooooo hmmhmm
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 07, 2010
//
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by albridge(m): 6:03pm On Sep 07, 2010
Sa Goddess

@ OP, what I do is cook enough food (different dishes) to last a couple of days, I do this on Sundays, I do thorough house-cleaning on Saturdays and laundry and cooking for the next couple of days on Sunday.  In the evenings, I give my son food, wash him then do whatever else I have to do, I may clean the floor twice a week BUT most importantly, I have a system that works for me.

Establish your own routine and make it work for you.  Do you have to be at the office until late, can't you take the work home and finish it there while doing other things?  Would your man be open to eating food from the fridge as opposed to fresh from the pot?  I ask because some men swear they would never eat "yesterday's" food  Grin

first of all i think we have a problem here. to start with i am glad that we still have women like Sa Goddess who still place some level of importance on the family. this world really is becoming a very sick place. phew!!  undecided anyway, thank God for women like SA Goddess who still has some of what is required to be a woman in her. i wish this womans husband luck. then again, i wonder what he was thinking when he married her. didnt he know she couldnt cook when we went for her hand in marriage?
at the end of the day i still believe she has more hope and potential than all those females who have virtually encouraged her to abandon her family and her wifely roles for he sake of career. those one are unfortunately a lost cause.  undecided
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by Princek12(m): 6:08pm On Sep 07, 2010
Seun:

I hate housework too.  I think your husband is being unreasonable and selfish to not want you to hire help. 
What's the purpose of working hard to make money if you cannot use that money to live a less stressful life

However, you know the kind of man you married so why wasn't this thrashed out before saying I do?  Why did he marry a career woman knowing he wants a traditional housewife?  And why did a career woman marry a man that wants a traditional housewife? 

This issue is deep; there's no straightforward solution.  If two people come into marriage with different ideas of what their roles are supposed to be, it's very very difficult to make it work.  Someone has to compromise and be unhappy.  Either you or him. sad

If a man has lived his whole life dreaming that one day he will have a wonderful "humble" wife to cook and clean and take care of his kids, how can he be happy with a career-oriented mate?  At the same time, it's not fair that every woman in the world must be a cook and a cleaner.  So no solution.

While I do not quarrel with your assertion about the parties assuming responsibility for their choice in marrying someone who does not embody the traits they desire in a relationship, I believe the main issue here is the inability of a career woman to balance her professional life with her household life. I do not believe it unreasonable for a career  woman to cook and clean, for she does not have to do such duties everyday. She can cook meals that will last the family for a couple of days, while she can clean on her days off. The poster, on the other hand, has expressed her unwillingness and has shown her laziness by her categorical repudiation of cleaning and cooking, attributing it to the fact that she was not raised that way. That, I despise.
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by saintchux(m): 6:08pm On Sep 07, 2010
You see why men run outside!

How can a woman with kids leave the house by 5am and come back by 10pm to sleep.

The choice is yours, you have to choose between your family unity and your job.
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by OmoEko2: 6:10pm On Sep 07, 2010
Seun:

If a man has lived his whole life dreaming that one day he will have a wonderful "humble" wife to cook and clean and take care of his kids, how can he be happy with a career-oriented mate?  At the same time, it's not fair that every woman in the world must be a cook and a cleaner.  So no solution.

You must be lazy, Cooking and Cleaning your own home where you live is no stress unless for a lazy woman who has no basic home training. Washing is the stressful house work and i bought my wife a washing machine to assist her.

Same is applicable to men.  A man that wants to talk about his wife's laziness must be able to do house work and possibly know how to cook too, It's a life time problem for woman  who cannot cook and do house work but men do have alternative of marrying a good wife.
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by UGOCHUKWU3: 6:15pm On Sep 07, 2010
You shouldnt have gotten married in the first place,any woman that neglect her basic responsibility shouldnt be called one,very soon,your husband will find succor in another woman and pls dont go abt complaining,I rest my case
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by Mobinga: 6:26pm On Sep 07, 2010
Mobinga's Solution : Give Your Husband a Good Fluting every evening for 30 Minutes, he'll forget all his troubles smiley
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by monkeyleg: 6:33pm On Sep 07, 2010
When priorites are mislaid, that is the begining of a broken home. Find out what should take precedence and judge rightly. It all depends on what is the most important thing to you. I guess just as the housework and cooking suffers, so likely the rest of the family. The husband is in the right to express his displeasure, and please dont take it the wrong way.

Always remember that work is a means to and end, not the reason for existance, we have all got ourselves so caught up in all this career race that we often forget to stop and smell the fresh flowers. Remember career is not everything, you dont want to look back years from now with regret.
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by JimmyBoy1: 6:35pm On Sep 07, 2010
I believe we all have our preferences, most high flying mums I know are single mums, except for those who have mastered the delicate  art of balancing the home front with workplace.

Based on your comment, your career progression is sancrosanct , your comments also suggest that you are probably doing better than your husband in financial terms. Therefore, the man maybe  condoning your weaknesses because he does not have much choice, I dont think this will continue forever.

There are basically three options here:

1. Resign  your appointment and take charge of your home
2. Get a job or a business the offers you liberal time schedule, so that you can pull your weight  while still making your dough by the sides
3. Just continue this way and brace up for the impending marriage crash.

Personally, I prefer option 2.

However, you still need an house help, but your husband  wants you to be personally responsible for some  tasks that he holds dear to himself.

Make your choice sister,
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by deniyor: 6:36pm On Sep 07, 2010
Poster's husband should get a second wife that only works part time. sad
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by monkeyleg: 6:41pm On Sep 07, 2010
Chaircover,

I think you articulated my point very well. People are fast missing the point about marriage. Marriage is not about having a fantastic career that takes you away from your family. it is about looking at your family and listening to them and and thier needs, it is about putting our selfish desires aside and thinking of your family first, and just as chaircover said it is all about your family coming home to a loving Mum and wife, rather that family waiting till 10pm for a tired Partner.
Re: I Hate Housework And Cooking by monkeyleg: 6:44pm On Sep 07, 2010
@deniyor, I wouldnt recommend or encourage that. I think this lady came on here for some good advice, and the least we can do is offer her some, no matter how truthful it might sound

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Refused Me See Her Breast / Fattest Woman Have Sex 7 Times A Day To Reduce Weight / Why On Earth Will I Want To See Your Dick??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.