Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,027 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster (10267 Views)

What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? / Male Chastity Devices Come In Chrome And Camo Finishes / Who Is The Most Suitable Person ( Men Or Women) To Wear The Chastity Belt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 03, 2010
One of the reasons I have no faith in "Pastors". Whatever happened to believing in God, and putting your faith in Jesus Christ? All these white garment churches, riddled with fake pastors, that are even more commercial than Wall Street.

I feel sorry for the woman in question.
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by shithapuns: 4:01pm On Oct 03, 2010
wow!.kpele
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by chelseabmw(m): 10:45pm On Oct 03, 2010
[size=18pt]IGNORANCE[/size]
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by lansha2006: 3:36am On Oct 04, 2010
keep believing the same God in Spirit and in Truth. I am confident that faithful is He that promised, he will never fail.
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Aussienavy: 7:13am On Oct 04, 2010
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by dpresido(m): 9:09am On Oct 04, 2010
All hope is not lost yet. For with God, all things are possible. The Pastor has not done anything wrong by advising on the need to be holy and maintain Chastity in the highest order. However, I find both you and him wanting in an aspect. The pastor allowed himself to be used as a hindrance to attaining God's will for your life and u on the other hand was perhaps a bit naive and too dependent on your pastor rather than being dependednt on God. It is very commendable that you got born again at an early age but you accorded more regards and devotion to your pastor than God as such u never took the time to study and know how God speaks to you. This is the fundamental problem still existing in many churches and amongst believers today. WE SHOULD STOP WORSHIPING PASTORS, LET'S WORSHIP GOD AND LISTEN TO HIM AS HE SPEAKS AND OBEY. I have seen instances where God speaks to people and their pastors end up confusing them and refuting what God has spoken to them. get convinced on God's word and stand by it and not the word of man. My sister, though you have made mistake by wholesome dependence on ur Pastor but those years that seem that the Canker worm and the Palmer worms, the carterpillars etc had eaten shall be restored again IJN. God will work his wonder and avail you ur Lifepartner sooner than u expect IJN. Just TRUST GOD Please and be convionced when he speaks. Pray for the grace not to insult God for what had been done in ignorance. Shallom!!
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by josite: 12:07pm On Oct 04, 2010
she is simply a fool looking for someone to blame.didnt she knowabout menopause.why didnt she allow the fact of menopause to guide her decision and not pastors.i dare give my number as 08033043242 so she can hear from my mouth live that she is a very big fool.there are still many like her on several dating sites wating their lives showing off ragged boobs for yahoo boys and small boys to admire and make comments on and when one is bold to tell them to get marry and leave the sites,they get terribly annoyed.
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Boboedom: 2:28pm On Oct 04, 2010
This must be a lesson for most of us who indulge in idolatory without knowing it. Your Pastor and indeed no man is God. We must learn to go to our God in prayers and ask his approval or otherwise for our actions and not a fellow human being that has his own struggles of family/flesh to deal with. It portrays laziness on our part to go to others to pray for us or seek the face of God on our behalf, when we can and actually have equal right to go to God directly ourselves, provided we humble our selves and know that we are His children and He is our Father. Please also note that in disobeying your parents, you have failed God, honour your father and your mother so that your days may be long. However, there is still hope, go back to your God alone not through any church or any pastor. Make out a time for listening to God- Quiet time, make it a convenant hour and read religious books and listen to God. He will surely speak to you directly. God Bless you.
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 04, 2010
Why mention the Catholic Church in this order.
Pls its all her fault, adoring Christain Ethics to negativity.
Another losers complaint cry
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 04, 2010
This is the result when you depend so much on your pastor as if he is God! What some people don't know is that you are the prophet of yourself and your destiny is in your hands.
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by shithapuns: 10:13am On Mar 23, 2011
are u still single?
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Pame(m): 1:01pm On Mar 28, 2011
josite:

she is simply a fool looking for someone to blame.didnt she knowabout menopause.why didnt she allow the fact of menopause to guide her decision and not pastors.i dare give my number as 08033043242 so she can hear from my mouth live that she is a very big fool.there are still many like her on several dating sites wating their lives showing off ragged bosoms for yahoo boys and small boys to admire and make comments on and when one is bold to tell them to get marry and leave the sites,they get terribly annoyed.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, simply looking for someone to hold responsible for her misfortune! I WILL ADVICE HERE THAT SHE GOES BACK TO GOD HERSELF, SEEKING PASTORS COUNSEL IS NOT BAD IN ITS ENTIRETY, BUT THE BIBLE EVEN SAYS THAT ONE SHOULD APPLY WISDOM IN ALL ONE'S UNDERTAKINGS. AFTER-ALL, MANY KINGS AND INDIVIDUALS OF THE ANCIENT BIBLICAL TIME CONSULTED THE PROPHETS TO SEEK GOD'S WAY BEFORE TAKING ACTIONS.

BUT THE TRUTH IS THAT ONE SHOULD KNOW THE TRUTH ONESELF, AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET ONE FREE. NOT ASKING THE PASTOR/PROPHET BEFORE YOU SLEEP, SPIT, SPEAK, DANCE OR EVEN EAT. SOME MAY EVEN ASK THE PASTOR BEFORE THEY SLEEP WITH THEIR SPOUSE!. YOUR BURDEN IS YOURS, NOT PASTOR'S!. CARRY YOUR CROSS BY YOURSELF, THE CLERGY CAN ONLY HELP IN SHOWING YOU THE WAY THROUGH. AND REMEMBER, MANY WERE CALLED BUT FEW WERE CHOSEN, NOT ALL MEN OF GOD ARE REALLY MEN OF GOD IN TOTALITY, GOD WILL INTERVENE IN YOUR CASE-------AMEN
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Pame(m): 1:10pm On Mar 28, 2011
Siena:

One of the reasons I have no faith in "Pastors". Whatever happened to believing in God, and putting your faith in Jesus Christ? All these white garment churches, riddled with fake pastors, that are even more commercial than Wall Street.

I feel sorry for the woman in question.

@POSTER, PLS CAN YOU GIVE A BREAK HERE, MAY YOU NEVER RUN INTO TROUBLES THAT WILL MAKE YOU RUN FROM PILLAR TO POLES, WHY CRITICIZING A RELIGION DENOMINATION? WHAT RIGHT HAVE YOU TO JUDGE WHICH CHURCH IS GOOD OR THE SHRINE THAT IS BAD? ARE YOU GOD? ALAS! YOU WILL BE WHEN DEATH CLOSES YOUR EYES FOR THE GREAT BEYOND AND YOU SEE AN HERBALIST YOU KNOW HERE ON EARTH SINGING PRAISES TO GOD IN THE BOSOM OF ABRAHAM. LET HE THAT IS STANDING REMAINS STANDING SO THAT HE DOES NOT FALL!
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 28, 2011
i dont want to see the word menopause for a LOOOONG TIME! grin
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Tosinville(m): 1:12pm On Mar 28, 2011
Watz up with diz old thread again?
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 28, 2011
pame did it.
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Tosinville(m): 1:17pm On Mar 28, 2011
Ok
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 28, 2011
tosin did you really reply 'ok'??

Go to sleep bro! grin grin
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Tosinville(m): 1:22pm On Mar 28, 2011
Sleep? its afternoon here and how do you want me to sleep? you should hv known we don't share d same time or do you think i'm in Arizona?
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Pame(m): 1:53pm On Mar 28, 2011
so what do u want me to do here?
after-all we share different geographical time zone
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by mikelangs(m): 5:44pm On Mar 28, 2011
Hey Lady fist ask God for forgiveness 4making your pastor your god. Then it seems that you were actually looking down on your suitors, and you were spiritually deaf. But one thing is sure!!! Our God Jehovah is a merciful God, He Alone can make things right.

Take a step of stubborn faith and stop living in a discouraged pool. Change and make urself responsibly attractive, after all sarah gave birth at an age and menopause bow.

Trust God and act in Faith. Except there are other things you are hiding.
mikelangs@yahoo.com
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 28, 2011
Tosinville:

Sleep? its afternoon here and how do you want me to sleep? you should hv known we don't share d same time or do you think i'm in Arizona?

lmao! @tosin taking it literal!!! that's an expression we use where I live in the states when somebody says or does something r3tarded or funny. We say "go to sleep". lol
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 28, 2011
Even Jesus says, do not trust man, but trust God.

You should have engaged in your own fasting and prayer regarding someone and engaged many unconnected people to pray on it for you.
If God says no, it will be confirmed by all of them and also you.
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Tosinville(m): 6:09pm On Mar 28, 2011
^^Alright i understand but ladies only use that slang & what i said isn't too much for me to hang my word lol
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Tosinville(m): 6:10pm On Mar 28, 2011
^^@MzD
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 11, 2012
newgroom: I am in my late 40s. I have never been married and still waiting on God to give me the man of my dreams. I have always been a good Christian, one that kept all the doctrines and did nothing without consulting my pastors. I became born again when I was in secondary school. My parents attend Catholic Church. Though they tried to dissuade me from joining my church, they soon gave up on my ways and me. They did to have peace at home as I was as determined too to make life difficult for them.

There is nothing I do without the express permission of my pastors to the irritations of my parents who saw it as another form of idolatry. From as far as I can remember, no man came my way without me first seeking the approval of my pastor.

Strangely, none of the men was ever approved as being the right man for me. After a while, when all my friends were all almost married, my mother called me aside to plead with me to get married and stop pegging my decision on who is right or wrong on the recommendations of my pastors.

I ignored her because she has always been my major antagonist when it comes to religious matters. I had to leave home when the last of my sisters got married. Being the first daughter and child of the family, my mother told me she couldn’t live with me any longer under the same roof. And that she wanted her husband to herself since I have refused everyman who came my way.

At the time I left five years ago, the number of men asking for my hand in marriage had almost disappeared entirely. Many who saw me assumed I was married with children. The few that came my way were either out to mock me or looking for a woman to sleep with.

I became not just desperate but afraid that I might end up without a husband. As I write my youngest sister has two children already. My immediate sister’s two children are already in the university. The rest of my siblings are not only married but are parents. These days, I hate going home because they all look at me with scorn.

Agatha, since last year, not even the wayward ones have come my way to even look at the market I am selling. The worst thing now is that my menses have stopped flowing.

The most painful thing now is that all the pastors who once encouraged me are now urging me to lower my standards and marry any man before I completely lose out. At 49, what choices do I have? I went for medical examinations when I discovered my menses had stopped only to be told by the doctor after examination that I was entering menopause.

Help me Agatha, because I feel suicidal. I want children, husband like every other woman, but here I am, having given God everything I have without a man or child to call my own. I am looking older than my age because of all the frustrations.

Please help me. Why has God abandoned me to suffer this shame? I did everything He asked me to do.

Source: AuntieAgatha (Daily Independent)
_
God didn't abandon you. He has to exist in order to do that. Next time (huh?) work on your self esteem. I'm pretty sure your beloved pastor's married.
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 11, 2012
newgroom: I am in my late 40s. I have never been married and still waiting on God to give me the man of my dreams. I have always been a good Christian, one that kept all the doctrines and did nothing without consulting my pastors. I became born again when I was in secondary school. My parents attend Catholic Church. Though they tried to dissuade me from joining my church, they soon gave up on my ways and me. They did to have peace at home as I was as determined too to make life difficult for them.

There is nothing I do without the express permission of my pastors to the irritations of my parents who saw it as another form of idolatry. From as far as I can remember, no man came my way without me first seeking the approval of my pastor.

Strangely, none of the men was ever approved as being the right man for me. After a while, when all my friends were all almost married, my mother called me aside to plead with me to get married and stop pegging my decision on who is right or wrong on the recommendations of my pastors.

I ignored her because she has always been my major antagonist when it comes to religious matters. I had to leave home when the last of my sisters got married. Being the first daughter and child of the family, my mother told me she couldn’t live with me any longer under the same roof. And that she wanted her husband to herself since I have refused everyman who came my way.

At the time I left five years ago, the number of men asking for my hand in marriage had almost disappeared entirely. Many who saw me assumed I was married with children. The few that came my way were either out to mock me or looking for a woman to sleep with.

I became not just desperate but afraid that I might end up without a husband. As I write my youngest sister has two children already. My immediate sister’s two children are already in the university. The rest of my siblings are not only married but are parents. These days, I hate going home because they all look at me with scorn.

Agatha, since last year, not even the wayward ones have come my way to even look at the market I am selling. The worst thing now is that my menses have stopped flowing.

The most painful thing now is that all the pastors who once encouraged me are now urging me to lower my standards and marry any man before I completely lose out. At 49, what choices do I have? I went for medical examinations when I discovered my menses had stopped only to be told by the doctor after examination that I was entering menopause.

Help me Agatha, because I feel suicidal. I want children, husband like every other woman, but here I am, having given God everything I have without a man or child to call my own. I am looking older than my age because of all the frustrations.

Please help me. Why has God abandoned me to suffer this shame? I did everything He asked me to do.

Source: AuntieAgatha (Daily Independent)
_
God didn't abandon you. He has to exist in order to do that. Next time (huh?) work on your self esteem. I'm pretty sure your beloved pastor's married.
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Amyr: 4:28pm On Mar 11, 2012
Ridiculous! I believe in God's will myself and defy this' pastor believing nonsense! No pastor or prophet has climbed to the highest top of personal purity enough to assume such a lordly role over the personal affairs of the church members. He is supposed only to share in personal victory and fight in mutual battle. This pastor's role is as much as a gossip. It is just unethical. Are we sure this pastor is not jealous of the lady's happiness, maybe her joy will bleak his joy with his wife? Forgive me if you need to but pastors are not gods, but treasures in clay
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by Amyr: 4:28pm On Mar 11, 2012
Ridiculous! I believe in God's will myself and defy this' pastor believing nonsense! No pastor or prophet has climbed to the highest top of personal purity enough to assume such a lordly role over the personal affairs of the church members. He is supposed only to share in personal victory and fight in mutual battle. This pastor's role is as much as a gossip. It is just unethical. Are we sure this pastor is not jealous of the lady's happiness, maybe her joy will bleak his joy with his wife? Forgive me if you need to but pastors are not gods, but treasures in clay
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by dabrake(m): 4:43pm On Mar 11, 2012
Amyr: Ridiculous! I believe in God's will myself and defy this' pastor believing nonsense! No pastor or prophet has climbed to the highest top of personal purity enough to assume such a lordly role over the personal affairs of the church members. He is supposed only to share in personal victory and fight in mutual battle. This pastor's role is as much as a gossip. It is just unethical. Are we sure this pastor is not jealous of the lady's happiness, maybe her joy will bleak his joy with his wife? Forgive me if you need to but pastors are not gods, but treasures in clay
on point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you spoke my mind. should you have a second chance on planet earth, learn to follow your instincts. they are rarely wrong
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by roselex: 4:20pm On Mar 13, 2012
my father in heaven i thank you for d life of this sis and i thank you for keeping her alife. the living alone can praise you, dadday may your name be praise forever Ijn.i thank you for the people that commented both positive nagative and mockry comment, My father put every power to shame and let your daghter ordained husband locate her IJN.My sister God thought is not our thought ok stand and have faith the people here will only mock you. never you tell your problem to people but God. i will keep praying for you. if a woman of 52 can give birth to twin then we are serving a living God. HE NEVER FAILS
Re: Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster by shilees(f): 9:01am On Mar 18, 2012
Mayb ur pastors saw u as a nun in their vision & dint want to tell u cos u might rebel.
U are truly an earthly fool, pastors are not God,
babe dnt b desperate cos u might fall into the hands of an abusive man & dat will be worse, just try d adoption option & change ur church cos of emotional stress, also try to attend youth program & mayb check d way u dress & look,try to take some time off with friends, travel to new places. & make urself happy no matter wat.free ur mind & let God help you & not pastors. I wish u well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BEUTY OF SOMALIA, ETHIOPIA, ERITREA / Which Romancelander Always Puts A Smile On Your Face / How Do Guys Cope With A Girlfriend That Has Fishy Viginal Smell During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.