Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead (25716 Views)

7 Confirmed Dead In Suicide Attacks In Bama IDP Camp / Has Wike Dissolved The LG Chairmen As Threatened? / Mend Strikes As Threatened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 01, 2010
DanWaziri:

Why Abuja and why today? Terrorism 101 - every TV station in the nation would be there, foreign dignitaries would be there, and Her Majesty's government would send a low ranking diplomat to grace the failure of Lord Lugard's creation.

This has generated more news than all the MEND activities in the last 10 years put together. Unfortunately the result is the re-engagement of the Joint Task Force and the extra - judicial killings that result when the Army is used to do police work.

all mend have done is cemented their image in the eyes of the western media as terrorists

they have also confirmed the worst fears of those us state department wonks who predict nigeria will soon fail. i am now very afraid - boko haram, armed robbers , kidnappers,  mend - a bad mix of criminals and domestic terrorists and a security apparatus that is only good at shaking down the citizenry

which way forward?  sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by slap1(m): 3:59pm On Oct 01, 2010
Let's all have a rethink. In the Aba debacle we blamed T.A Orji, not the kidnappers. Why are we now blaming MEND. MEND is responsible for this attack, but the security officers are to blame
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by zenus(m): 4:00pm On Oct 01, 2010
This attack is more of political than what MEND clam is their intention
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 4:00pm On Oct 01, 2010
oyb:

all mend have done is cemented their image in the eyes of the western media as terrorists

they have also confirmed the worst fears of those us state department wonks who predict nigeria will soon fail. i am now very afraid - boko haram, armed robbers , kidnappers,  mend - a bad mix of criminals and domestic terrorists and a security apparatus that is only good at shaking down the citizenry

which way forward?  sad sad sad sad sad

I doubt that though. MEND has not been classified as a terrorist organization. If an organization has nothing to do with Islam, then the West will not consider it a terrorist organization.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by HamidO1(m): 4:01pm On Oct 01, 2010
If MEND is bent on bringing down 1 of their own (President Goodluck), we'll gladly help them, Wat nonsense from a group of pipo with no focus. Coming to Abuja to kill innocent citzens
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 01, 2010
slap1:

Let's all have a rethink. In the Aba debacle we blamed T.A Orji, not the kidnappers. Why are we now blaming MEND. MEND is responsible for this attack, but the security officers are to blame

dude quit the almadeijad moment, please
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by baslone: 4:03pm On Oct 01, 2010
Innocents have been falling by the way! Long overdue H.I.T!!!
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Afam4eva(m): 4:03pm On Oct 01, 2010
What is Naija turning into.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by spikedcylinder: 4:05pm On Oct 01, 2010
oweniwe:

If my papa use money for my school fees go marry another wife, i no go sidon look. I go talk, i go fight. Money for infrastructure, leaders de chop and we de keep quiet. Why can't we get up and fight for our rights in this country? No light, no water, bad roads, bad economy, inefficient security system, corrupt public institutions. . . EVERYTHING is bad. Rather than get up and condemn the leaders, UNA DE TAKE STYLE DEFEND THEM. When boko haram was busy killing people in the north, wetin the leaders do? When kidnappers de kidnap, wetin the leaders do? Don't hate the player, hate the game. Leave MEND alone jor.

So the innocent people that were killed are the related to the thieving politicians, how?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by presido1: 4:06pm On Oct 01, 2010
Celebrating 41+9= 50.

Don't we Intel and security operatives in this 4kin country. They were warned yet they could not do anything to stop it.  This show where their priority is. Money Money Money.

My Intel mind is telling me that MEND is not behind this act.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

I doubt that though. MEND has not been classified as a terrorist organization. If an organization has nothing to do with Islam, then the West will not consider it a terrorist organization.

dude, must you continue to confirm that you know absolutely nothing? we all know u are a handicapped bigot who constantly points fingers at nigeria, ngwa and everyone but yourself. we don't need any reminders , thank you very much.

ira
eta
sendero luminoso
tupac amaru
farc
lra

american dignitaries could have been caught in the crossfire

mend couls just have easily set the bomb in some masonry or a statue , something expensive that would have been destoyed embarrased the govt and sent a message without sacrificing innocent lives

but no, they are blood thirsty bastards
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by HamidO1(m): 4:08pm On Oct 01, 2010
slap1:

We definately have security problems in this country but would u capitalize on dat 2 harm an innocent person MEND should just come out and tell us the Anti-GEJ using them 4 political reasons and stop claiming they r fighting for the people of the Niger delta.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by slap1(m): 4:10pm On Oct 01, 2010
oyb:

dude quit the almadeijad moment, please
MEND will strike again and we'll all fire curses at them. HOW ABOUT THOSE PAID TO PREVENT THIS KINDA SHIT? And the fact that these guys gave a fore warning breaks my heart.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 01, 2010
slap1:

MEND will strike again and we'll all fire curses at them. HOW ABOUT THOSE PAID TO PREVENT THIS KINDA poo? And the fact that these guys gave a fore warning breaks my heart.

dude, every nigerian knows our security is incompetent

so mend sending a mail is like those kidnappers in owerri giving advance warning
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Ayowumie(m): 4:12pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

I guess the West would call it REBELLION or VIOLENT/DEADLY PROTEST.

oweniwe:

If my papa use money for my school fees go marry another wife, i no go sidon look. I go talk, i go fight. Money for infrastructure, leaders de chop and we de keep quiet. Why can't we get up and fight for our rights in this country? No light, no water, bad roads, bad economy, inefficient security system, corrupt public institutions. . . EVERYTHING is bad. Rather than get up and condemn the leaders, UNA DE TAKE STYLE DEFEND THEM. When boko haram was busy killing people in the north, wetin the leaders do? When kidnappers de kidnap, wetin the leaders do? Don't hate the player, hate the game. Leave MEND alone jor.

We need revolution in order to move this country forward. the revolution certainly needs to be started by certain people. In every history of revolutions all over the world, the innocent usually suffer casualties. This notwithstanding, perhaps the much awaited revolution would be started by MEND. For MEND to have such audacity as to carry out bombing in Abuja on a day such as this, such action is pregnant with meaning and to which Nigerian leaders and security apparatus need to find answers and decipher meaning.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by HamidO1(m): 4:13pm On Oct 01, 2010
@Maziuche or wat do u call urself, u don't support negativity all in the name of trying 2 be a popular guy on Nairaland. u hv never spoken sense since I joined Nairaland. Wat if ur father or mother was killed 2day?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 4:15pm On Oct 01, 2010
oyb,

Enough with your nonsense. The majority of the organizations that the West classify as terrorist organization are Islamic organizations. The West sees itself at war with Islam, not African groups.

Boko Haram would be on this list before MEND is ever put on this list.

Shut your nonsense.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Oba234: 4:16pm On Oct 01, 2010
okay, they need not to bring their wahala to the south west. Abeg, leave us be.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by xplodenow(m): 4:18pm On Oct 01, 2010
Firdt of all, what did the FG do when MEND gave the warning? They were busy spending 10 billion naira, forgetting that the security of the nation is at stake.For me, our president who claims to have to have a PHD and decides to spend 10 billion on oridnary celebration is worse than an illiterate. Apart for the innocent lives that were lost, i think MEND has done well, they have shown the whole world why we should celebrate, next time they should aim for ASO Rock, and those old men in greedy old men in nigerian politics. God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 01, 2010
Ayowumie:

I guess the West would call it REBELLION or VIOLENT/DEADLY PROTEST.

We need revolution in order to move this country forward. the revolution certainly needs to be started by certain people. In every history of revolutions all over the world, the innocent usually suffer casualties. This notwithstanding, perhaps the much awaited revolution would be started by MEND. For MEND to have such audacity as to carry out bombing in Abuja on a day such as this, such action is pregnant with meaning and to which Nigerian leaders and security apparatus need to find answers and decipher meaning.

i don't know how many time one has to shout it - all these so called revolutions are the road to civil war

do you people know NOTHING?

were you lot in utero during the civil wars in liberia, sierra leone and the ongoing one in congo

each had its own revolutionaries -  taylor, sankoh, kabila

stop this romanticism of violence

is it when almajiris/area boys from warring factions are short sleeving and gang raping and child soldiering your family members you will understand the implication of what you're calling for  undecided undecided undecided
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by slap1(m): 4:18pm On Oct 01, 2010
Hamid O:

We definately have security problems in this country but would u capitalize on dat 2 harm an innocent person MEND should just come out and tell us the Anti-GEJ using them 4 political reasons and stop claiming they r fighting for the people of the Niger delta.
My entire being is against MEND for this. But, to borrow a text from the Holy bible, SHALL WE CONTINUE IN SIN THAT GRACE MAY ABOUND? We keep blaming MEND as if our lives as a nation are in their hands. Even if they admit the anti-GEJ whatever is  using them, how will solve the problem? Will it prevent a repetition of this present madness? NO! NO! NO!
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 4:18pm On Oct 01, 2010
Hamid O:

@Maziuche or wat do u call urself,  u don't support negativity all in the name of trying 2 be a popular guy on Nairaland. u hv never spoken sense since I joined Nairaland. Wat if your father or mother was killed 2day?

Who said I support MEND? A predominately Ijaw organization. I lean towards the Ndi Igbo and Ibibio, not these Ijaw organizations.

Simply raised the issue and said that they sent out a warning. Most organizations of that nature do not give warnings.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 4:20pm On Oct 01, 2010
oyb,

Just shut up you illiterate buffoon. I am getting tired of you.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by soldee: 4:20pm On Oct 01, 2010
It will be truly ironic if a Niger Delta President will have to give the order to flush MEND out, Biafra-style. What a bunch of monkeys. Because they're rantings have been tolerated they think they can match the might of the Nigerian military? If not for the fact that their membership is 'zoned' they would have been exterminated long ago with no allusions to tribalism!! GEJ pls flush out these creek rats and empower the real ND people, not brigands!!
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by rasputinn(m): 4:21pm On Oct 01, 2010
Oh my God
This is not good;but it will serve no purpose,I man for the perpetrators
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 4:24pm On Oct 01, 2010
Nigerian military destroys Odi (an entire town), no outcry.

MEND targets a few areas, HUGE outcry.

People need to get their priorities straight though.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

oyb,

Just shut up you illiterate buffoon. I am getting tired of you.

retard -  theres no need to get started on you - we all know you for what you are, a schizophrenic dolt who reads but does not understand , listens, but does not hears sees but is stone blind.

why don't you butt out of this thread and find your way to the sort of watering hole that suits the goat droppings in your head that pass for a brain  - blaming all the woes in iboland on nigeria or the ngwa  embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed tongue tongue

bloody dolt running his mouth from the safety of the us - come down to abj . biatch   smiley
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 01, 2010
soldee:

It will be truly ironic if a Niger Delta President will have to give the order to flush MEND out, Biafra-style. What a bunch of monkeys. Because they're rantings have been tolerated they think they can match the might of the Nigerian military? If not for the fact that their membership is 'zoned' they would have been exterminated long ago with no allusions to tribalism!! GEJ pls flush out these creek rats and empower the real ND people, not brigands!!

yardua had to do it - guess gej will have to find th stones to do the same
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 01, 2010
wow, so oyb is this feisty? shocked shocked shocked

Thank God, I was going to start my own bokoharam fight with you. Say no more. grin
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 4:28pm On Oct 01, 2010
oyb:

retard -  theres no need to get started on you - we all know you for what you are, a schizophrenic dolt who reads but does not understand , listens, but does not hears sees but is stone blind.

why don't you butt out of this thread and find your way to the sort of watering hole that suits the goat droppings in your head that pass for a brain  - blaming all the woes in iboland on nigeria or the ngwa  embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed tongue tongue

bloody dolt running his mouth from the safety of the us - come down to abj . biatch   smiley

I dealt with you time and time again. You b-astard, if I do no not ignore you, I'll shall be banned again when I rain insults on you illiterate behind. Blaming the people who suffering, but not the government who does not give a dammn about the people.

If there is a revolution, I hope people like you will be the first people lined up and shot by firing squad. That would be a fitting end to a buffoon like you. You son of a wh-ore.

May Amadioha strike you!

Nkita tabiekwa gi amu. Obele nsi
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by HamidO1(m): 4:29pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

Who said I support MEND? A predominately Ijaw organization. I lean towards the Ndi Igbo and Ibibio, not these Ijaw organizations.

Simply raised the issue and said that they sent out a warning. Most organizations of that nature do not give warnings.

are u a Nigerian at all?? u find it very easy classifying urself as this or dat, pipo like u will split this country if given d chance
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by otokx(m): 4:29pm On Oct 01, 2010
MEND is being sponsored by IBB through his pawn ODILI so lets not equate it to GOODLUCK

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Nigeria In Recession Because Of Hurried Implementation Of TSA – Ben Murray Bruce / Osun Election: PDP Agent Arrested For Alleged Vote-buying / Don't Field Omisore For Osun East Senatorial Slot- Ijesa Indigenes To Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.