Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,409 members, 7,864,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:26 AM

Why Is America So Blessed? - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is America So Blessed? (23130 Views)

GEJ Wasn't Cursed But Blessed By Yoruba Obas (Photo) / Why Is Nigeria So Blessed With Poverty? / Why Is Nigeria So, So Blessed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by redsun(m): 8:11pm On Oct 23, 2010
The faith of mankind is liked faith of d stars. They obliterate with time,it is a natural phenemenon and it is nothhng celebrate,America is ahead in man's pace to catch d speed of light,mirage. It trying to catch d wind with hands. Hurrying,fighting 4 z0
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by cap28: 8:55pm On Oct 23, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

@ Cap that was beautifully written. I am IMPRESSED. Divide and Conquer is definitely a white man's nature the only thing is even after all that they have done to EVERY race (even their own) it's like people never seem to cease falling for their trap. Sad!

I am WELL aware of what has been done to Africa and how artificial the flags, the national mottos and even the name of the countries are however now that that has happened I want to know how can Africa go on from that? What will it take for Africans to realize that the beef is no longer amongst tribes but that we as a race of people are being targeted? undecided Nothing saddens me more than to see Igbo vs. Yoruba, Krahn vs. Mandingo, Tutsi vs. Hutu and the white man just standing there watching the mess happen with his hands on his belly grinning angry and yet those same fighting tribes KNOW he is the cause of the havoc but are still killing themselves to be amongst his kind.

thank you Mz Darkskin glad to know you enjoyed reading it, i feel its necessary for us who know the truth to correct the distorted image that has been projected of us by the western media. 

Its going to be difficult but not impossible to defeat the white supremacist movement that is determined to bring about the demise of africa. 

In my view if at least one powerful black nation can emerge in africa and become industrialised in the next 50 years we will  stand a chance of survival against the coming onslaught of white supremacy but in order to do that we have to totally change our current mindset, we have to sever all links with the white supremacist ideology and do what the chinese and japanese did - rediscover our own identity and start to build on that.  We need to be mentally and physically disciplined in order to do that - the first step is organisation - we need to organise and come up with a blue print that will enable us to move forward as a powerful continent or nation capable of competing on the world stage as an equal partner and not as the proverbial poor relative.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by MandingoII(m): 3:57pm On Oct 24, 2010
In my view if at least one powerful black nation can emerge in africa and become industrialised in the next 50 years we will stand a chance of survival against the coming onslaught of white supremacy but in order to do that we have to totally change our current mindset, we have to sever all links with the white supremacist ideology and do what the chinese and japanese did - rediscover our own identity and start to build on that. We need to be mentally and physically disciplined in order to do that - the first step is organisation - we need to organise and come up with a blue print that will enable us to move forward as a powerful continent or nation capable of competing on the world stage as an equal partner and not as the proverbial poor relative.

Zimbabwe already accomplished this

and you see how WESTERN MEDIA turned it around on them.

even nonthinking blacks were on the MEDIA'S side.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by cap28: 10:46pm On Oct 24, 2010
MandingoII:

Zimbabwe already accomplished this

and you see how WESTERN MEDIA turned it around on them.

even nonthinking blacks were on the MEDIA'S side.

What Mugabe tried to do was accelerate the redistribution of land to its rightful owners, as soon as he started that process the combined might of the white supremacists came down on him like a ton of bricks- the US, europe and Australia imposed the most draconian and crippling economic sanctions on  Zimbabwe which were designed to trigger an uprising in the country and force Mugabe out.  The west already had a puppet waiting in the wings - Morgan Changarai. 

US congress  passed a bill known as ZIDERA ( Zimbabwe Democracy and Economic Recovery Act, 2001) the idea was to bring about a total collapse of the Zimbabwean economy and plunge the country into a state of anarchy. 

This piece of legislation allows the US to veto any applications made by Zimbabwe to any of the international financial institutions for finance, credit facilities, loan rescheduling, and international debt cancellations.
Effectively the west caused the economic collapse of the Zimbabwean economy.

this is not the first time the west  have used economic sanctions to punish black nations that refuse to allow them to keep plundering their land and resources, Haiti is a prime example, Haiti was the first black nation to become a republic, it served as a beacon of hope to the entire black race, it is the only nation to date that has ever succeeded in freeing itself from slavery, but as soon as it succeeded in emancipating itself , France, the US and the rest of Europe imposed a 61 year trade embargoe against it.

this once prosperous island plunged into a downward economic spiral , this was Haiti's punishment for daring to defeat white supremacy.  As if that wasnt bad enough Haiti was forced to pay France compensation for freeing itself from slavery in the sum of 150 million francs!!!!!

the US then went on to invade Haiti more than 4 times, installing corrupt dictators along the way.

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2010/01/17-6
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by favouredjb(f): 4:35pm On Oct 25, 2010
suscribing*
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by daroz(m): 9:58am On Nov 03, 2010
simply put, they are so blessed because "in God they Trust" while some may trust in horses, and others in chariots
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by ezeagu(m): 12:52am On Nov 04, 2010
They have metal detectors in their secondary schools. End of thread.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by MandingoII(m): 4:40am On Nov 04, 2010
I think the question should be,

Why is Nigeria a HELLHOLE?
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by amazonia(m): 6:20am On Nov 04, 2010
America is blessed, because the society knows, that all rules and Laws are made
to protect them. And these laws and rules are always under close scrutiny to make
sure they are serving the purposes intended. Amendments are made when necessary.
to increase the benefits of the rules to citizens.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by AjanleKoko: 2:08am On Feb 12, 2011
It's amazing that the US, a country with such a dark recent history (Jim Crow, slavery, the KKK, etc) should be spoken of so glowingly by Africans.
Simply amazing. Black people definitely have a lot to learn about life.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by amazonia(m): 7:51am On Feb 12, 2011
AjanleKoko:

It's amazing that the US, a country with such a dark recent history (Jim Crow, slavery, the KKK, etc) should be spoken of so glowingly by Africans.

Yes, America had, and still having multitudes of problems.
They don't have illusions of being perfect. That's while the
system's check and balance are regularly assessed, and
laws are reviewed, and adjustments are made to correct
unintended consequences.
      They did had" a dark recent history", and they are not proud
of it .They have turned a new page, mostly, their intentions are
to serve their citizens interests. Though, they are not meeting
all desired interests, their efforts are transparent and accountable.
So, i won't mind writing glowingly about it, because is the best
national citizenry the world have to offer today.America is so
blessed, because of the stability of their system of government.
And their continue efforts to make quality of life better spurring
innovations.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Kobojunkie: 8:21am On Feb 12, 2011
amazonia:

Yes, America had and still having multitudes of problems.
unintended consequences.
innovation.

Well put!!
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 12, 2011

we think with our emotions.

not necessarily a bad thing, perhaps.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by archive(f): 9:00am On Feb 12, 2011
the founders had ambition for their country and people. as well as other attributes a developing country needs. that is why they became so powerful. it's not about being blessed. building a nation has nothing to do 'blessings'
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Nobody: 9:01am On Feb 12, 2011
gut and grits.

plus something else.

dont ask me what- i dont know.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by archive(f): 9:03am On Feb 12, 2011
tpiah!:

we think with our emotions.

not necessarily a bad thing, perhaps.

AjanleKoko:

All countries have dark histories. Don't allow your emotions over the racial element of some of Americas history cloud your judgement. America is a great country. Fact
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 12, 2011
^^slow your roll.

take a deep breath, then reread slowly.

the posts you're responding to, were referring to africans, not so?
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by AjanleKoko: 10:28am On Feb 12, 2011
amazonia:

Yes, America had and still having multitudes of problems.
unintended consequences.
innovation.

Transparent and accountable? Maybe only to their citizens, or maybe even a section of their citizens. But to the rest of the world whose citizens have to pay for these 'interests', I hardly think they'd be happy to stand by and happily applaud.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by cap28: 10:34am On Feb 12, 2011
AjanleKoko:

You are right, i find it puzzling myself that africans speak in glowing terms about america given its racial history. 

Its really bizarre, i mean these are people who enslaved our ancestors, brutalised and degraded them and denied them their humanity.   Today people of african descent or origin  in america continue to experience discrimination and are treated as inferior to the white race because of this terrible legacy and yet africans love america - i dont understand it.

amazonia:

America is blessed, because the society knows, that all rules and Laws are made
to protect them. And these laws and rules are always under close scrutiny to make
sure they are serving the purposes intended. Amendments are made when necessary.
to increase the benefits of the rules to citizens.

America is a country run by a small and powerful elite who put their own interests before the interests of the people. The original constitution was drafted by members of the american ruling class - ie the slave owners, merchants, financiers and politicians  - these people's aim was not to provide a democratic system of govt but to protect their own interests and perpetuate themselves in power.

Everything that the american people have today ie workers rights, women's rights, voting rights was not given automatically by the elite but had to be fought for by the people.

Over the years changes were made to the constitution but this was not done voluntarily by the govt but only when people rose up and fought the system  - a good example is the blacks fighting back in the 1950s and 60s  to end the JIm Crow system - if america was a country that beleived in equality, fairness and justice there wouldnt be such a huge gap in terms of education and living standards between white americans and black americans.  The whites already had a 400 year head start over blacks and it will take many generations for that gap to narrow, furthermore whites are in the majority, occupy the majority of postions in govt and are in control of economic policy - it is therefore unlikely that they will create a system which will weaken their own position and strengthen the position of blacks.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by archive(f): 10:45am On Feb 12, 2011
cap28:

You are right, i find it puzzling myself that africans speak in glowing terms about america given its racial history. 

Its really bizarre, i mean these are people who enslaved our ancestors, brutalised and degraded them and denied them their humanity.   Today people of african descent or origin  in america continue to experience discrimination and are treated as inferior to the white race because of this terrible legacy and yet africans love america - i dont understand it.

America is a country run by a small and powerful elite who put their own interests before the interests of the people. The original constitution was drafted by members of the american ruling class - ie the slave owners, merchants, financiers and politicians  - these people's aim was not to provide a democratic system of govt but to protect their own interests and perpetuate themselves in power.

Everything that the american people have today ie workers rights, women's rights, voting rights was not given automatically by the elite but had to be fought for by the people.

Over the years changes were made to the constitution but this was not done voluntarily by the govt but only when people rose up and fought the system  - a good example is the blacks fighting back in the 1950s and 60s  to end the JIm Crow system - if america was a country that beleived in equality, fairness and justice there wouldnt be such a huge gap in terms of education and living standards between white americans and black americans.  The whites already had a 400 year head start over blacks and it will take many generations for that gap to narrow, furthermore whites are in the majority, occupy the majority of postions in govt and are in control of economic policy - it is therefore unlikely that they will create a system which will weaken their own position and strengthen the position of blacks.

Change the record
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by archive(f): 10:50am On Feb 12, 2011
tpiah!:

^^slow your roll.

take a deep breath, then reread slowly.

the posts you're responding to, were referring to africans, not so?

I'm not sure what you're talking about but I was referring to all of those posters that continue to cry and moan about something that never affected them directly nor (if I'm not mistaken that posters on here are not black american) affected their ancestors. Forget about 'black man' solidarity. It's a vain and pointless concept. African NATIONS are what matter now. Learn from the past but use it to work on the current. Instead of solutions, all I read from some are these tired arguments about how the black man is being suppressed. We don't help ourselves, and that is the plain truth
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by seanet02: 10:56am On Feb 12, 2011
Because the love s*x
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 12, 2011
tell that to the indians on the reservations

outcasts in their own land
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by cap28: 12:00pm On Feb 12, 2011
archive:

Change the record

I'll change the record when you face up to reality and stop pretending as if what happened in the past has no bearing on what is happening to the black race today.

archive:

I'm not sure what you're talking about but I was referring to all of those posters that continue to cry and moan about something that never affected them directly nor (if I'm not mistaken that posters on here are not black american) affected their ancestors. Forget about 'black man' solidarity. It's a vain and pointless concept. African NATIONS are what matter now. Learn from the past but use it to work on the current. Instead of solutions, all I read from some are these tired arguments about how the black man is being suppressed. We don't help ourselves, and that is the plain truth

The fact that you as a black person had to leave your own country and go abroad to acheive a decent standard of living indicates that you along with many african people ARE directly affected by africa's past legacy ie colonialism and exploitation of our economies by the west.  If you and a european person with the same qualifications were to go to live in any part of africa today to look for the same type of employment , the european would have access to better employment opportunities than you, the same principle would apply if both of you were to go to australia, canada, south africa, far east asia and the carribean - there is nowhere in the world that any black person has an equal chance with a european - even in africa - why do you think that is the case?

You say black man solidarity is a vain and pointless concept - funny you should say that because whites dont think that at all - thats why they set up NATO, the IMF, the world bank WTO etc, they know unlike you that real power comes from collective organisation and thats why they control how you and i live in this world, whether you want to accept it or not you do not have the same opportunities in this world as your white or even asian counterparts.  Whites unlike blacks prefer to identify with their own people, you only have to travel outside europe or north america and see how expatriate whites always stick together and network amongst their own people, ive been to countries in africa where whites live in gated communities and do not interact with the indigenous people, i also have friends who've worked in the middle east and its the same thing there too - white expatriates stick together and prefer to be around their own people, how come its only blacks who don't think its necessary to maintain solidarity with their own?

Since you beleive that black solidarity is pointless - id like to hear what your own solutions are.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by AjanleKoko: 12:32pm On Feb 12, 2011
cap28:

Whites unlike blacks prefer to identify with their own people, you only have to travel outside europe or north america and see how expatriate whites always stick together and network amongst their own people, ive been to countries in africa where whites live in gated communities and do not interact with the indigenous people, i also have friends who've worked in the middle east and its the same thing there too - white expatriates stick together and prefer to be around their own people, how come its only blacks who don't think its necessary to maintain solidarity with their own?

I'm yet to see any country in this world - and I have been to every continent save Australasia - where white expatriates live in the same communities as indigenous people. Whether Africa, Asia, or the Middle East. They always create their own gated environment.

I always ask people who live abroad - why is it that black people can't bond successfully? They always give me a dozen examples of how most black people are swindlers and frauds etc etc. And I wonder if there are no bad eggs among the Asians who always form thick, strongly-bonded communities in most of these countries.

People may not agree, but after all said and done, most black people are suffering from an inherent inferiority complex. Which is the primary reason why nothing much has changed. Even when we look for solutions to our problems, we look where? in the direction of the white man. Yes, white's got all the answers. undecided
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by amazonia(m): 1:38pm On Feb 12, 2011
AjanleKoko:
Transparent and accountable? Maybe only to their citizens, or maybe even a section of their citizens. But to the rest of the world whose citizens have to pay for these 'interests', I hardly think they'd be happy to stand by and happily applaud.

You are right, the rest of the world do pay directly and indirectly in some cases for the
America blessedness. And the rest of the world on the long run benefits from these
their selfish interests developments too.They have no direct  legal obligation to be
transparent and accountable to the world, beyond certain diplomatic agreements.
       The world is not applauding their contributions to America successes, they are not
unhappy benefiting from progresses resulting from their innovative successes either.
If our nation have sense of purposes and directions, and achieve great things for its
citizens, that may be, benefit the world directly or indirectly. We will be noticed and gain
respects and admirations for our efforts.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Kobojunkie: 4:39pm On Feb 12, 2011
^^ You are doing a great job !
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by DeeJay20: 5:00pm On Feb 12, 2011
cap28:

I'll change the record when you face up to reality and stop pretending as if what happened in the past has no bearing on what is happening to the black race today.

The fact that you as a black person had to leave your own country and go abroad to acheive a decent standard of living indicates that you along with many african people ARE directly affected by africa's past legacy ie colonialism and exploitation of our economies by the west.  If you and a european person with the same qualifications were to go to live in any part of africa today to look for the same type of employment , the european would have access to better employment opportunities than you, the same principle would apply if both of you were to go to australia, canada, south africa, far east asia and the carribean - there is nowhere in the world that any black person has an equal chance with a european - even in africa - why do you think that is the case?

You say black man solidarity is a vain and pointless concept - funny you should say that because whites dont think that at all - thats why they set up NATO, the IMF, the world bank WTO etc, they know unlike you that real power comes from collective organisation and thats why they control how you and i live in this world, whether you want to accept it or not you do not have the same opportunities in this world as your white or even asian counterparts.  Whites unlike blacks prefer to identify with their own people, you only have to travel outside europe or north america and see how expatriate whites always stick together and network amongst their own people, ive been to countries in africa where whites live in gated communities and do not interact with the indigenous people, i also have friends who've worked in the middle east and its the same thing there too - white expatriates stick together and prefer to be around their own people, how come its only blacks who don't think its necessary to maintain solidarity with their own?

Since you beleive that black solidarity is pointless - id like to hear what your own solutions are.

Good point Cap28, Collective effort builds a business
or nation,
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by DeeJay20: 5:02pm On Feb 12, 2011
AjanleKoko:

I'm yet to see any country in this world - and I have been to every continent save Australasia - where white expatriates live in the same communities as indigenous people. Whether Africa, Asia, or the Middle East. They always create their own gated environment.

I always ask people who live abroad - why is it that black people can't bond successfully? They always give me a dozen examples of how most black people are swindlers and frauds etc etc. And I wonder if there are no bad eggs among the Asians who always form thick, strongly-bonded communities in most of these countries.

People may not agree, but after all said and done, most black people are suffering from an inherent inferiority complex. Which is the primary reason why nothing much has changed. Even when we look for solutions to our problems, we look where? in the direction of the white man. Yes, white's got all the answers. undecided

At least someone is identifying the problem,
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by ShangoThor(m): 6:29pm On Feb 12, 2011
cap28:

Cap28, you’re bang on the money, however, where we differ is that there are two aspects to the imperialism that Africans were (some argue, are being) subjected to. The obvious which you’ve mentioned is Western, but the other, which is a lot older is that of Islamic Imperialism, and perhaps we are in for a phase 3, that of Asiatic Imperialism, with the Chinese and Indians sharpening their claws since we are not short of leaders that are willing to mortgage Nigeria/Africa and enslave future generations unborn.

The bottom line is only Africans themselves can stop themselves being victims. Keywords being the 3 C’s, : ‘cooperation’, ‘collaboration’ and ‘control’.
There is absolutely no reason why we can’t build our Utopia, it is mindset that keeps us at the bottom of the ‘food chain’.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Lagos Signs MOU For Fourth Mainland Bridge / Passport Pain: Immigration Officials Feed Fat From FG’s Failure / Peter Obi: 100m Poor Nigerians, Students, Pensioners Are My Political Structure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.