Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,494 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Why Is America So Blessed? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is America So Blessed? (23070 Views)

GEJ Wasn't Cursed But Blessed By Yoruba Obas (Photo) / Why Is Nigeria So Blessed With Poverty? / Why Is Nigeria So, So Blessed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by makajibbz(m): 9:15pm On Oct 13, 2010
because the jewish rules it, simple.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Slyr0x: 9:16pm On Oct 13, 2010
Ask google jare.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Rastamann: 9:21pm On Oct 13, 2010
Every country is blessed. All we need are rulers who are focussed, who have vision, who are unselfis, and who have the zeal and determination to make their vision for fatherland come through  not the type of visionless, zealess, selfish, undertermined and corrupt leaders that we have in Nigeria. In Nigeria, God had blessed us with everything to make us great except that these bunch of vagabonds who called themselves leaders keep hijacking power and are tempting God.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 13, 2010
america is amongst the shittiest places on earth dont be decieved infact i rank it on the same level with nigeria but theres less crime in nigeria compared to america,the crime rate in new york and arizona alone surpasses the crime rate in nigeria. dont believe all u see on tv but nigeria has its problem of currupt leaders that do it in the open as everyone is watching
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Kobojunkie: 9:28pm On Oct 13, 2010
DRlulu:

america is amongst the shittiest places on earth dont be decieved infact i rank it on the same level with nigeria but theres less crime in nigeria compared to america,the crime rate in new york and arizona alone surpasses the crime rate in nigeria. dont believe all u see on tv but nigeria has its problem of currupt leaders that do it in the open as everyone is watching
^^^
Now this is a great example of what we call a LIAR!  grin
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by makajibbz(m): 9:36pm On Oct 13, 2010
Kobojunkie:

^^^
Now this is a great example of what we call a LIAR!  grin
actually, the tv shows us the good face only undecided
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Kobojunkie: 9:38pm On Oct 13, 2010
makajibbz:

actually, the tv shows us the good face only undecided

Again, a BLOODY LIE! You know how I know this for a fact?  grin Well, apart from the fact that I also watch TV? grin
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by akimate: 9:57pm On Oct 13, 2010
My 9ja friends,

As a born American I can tell you that all is not well here. I think many people may look up to USA for now because for many years now, we were a world leader in many different ways. The country was founded by people who had a great vision of what they wanted this country to be. Many people in history worked hard to make this vision come true, and it has been true for many years now. The problem is that like other empires, people get lazy because they are satisfired with all that they have. The people lose their drive to keep improving and all that is left is an attempt to keep things the way they are.

And this is the America of today. My country no longer has a vision to keep moving forward. Many of the things that made this a great country (personal freedoms, desire to work hard, desire to be the best) is no longer the case. So for all you people who think America is so blessed, keep paying attention and you can watch over the next 20 years how america is losing that blessing.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Mobinga: 9:58pm On Oct 13, 2010
Blessed?? WTF

- A country with the highest suicide rates |Chris Benoit| Kurt Cobain| etc
- A country with massive racism
- A country with no morals
- A country that spills blood for oil
- A country that sucks at football
- A country with slutty cheerleaders
- A country that popularized gay
- A country that found Saddam Hussein in a hole in Iraq, but couldn't find Tupac's Killers on the streets of Vegas
- A country that kids call up police for their parents
- A country that the Great Mobinga despises

© 2010 Mobinga Inc.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Kobojunkie: 10:00pm On Oct 13, 2010
Mobinga:

Blessed?? WTF

- A country that found Saddam Hussein in a hole in Iraq, but couldn't find Tupac's Killers on the streets of Vegas

© 2010 Mobinga Inc.

Sure, America does not always get it right, and NEVER WILL, but that won't make it SENSIBLE/ NON-IMBECILIC to try to compare America with Nigeria in ANY WAY. 

Honestly, that a country does not get it right ALL THE TIME does not remove anything from the fact that it remains a blessed country. Blessed countries are not perfect countries, neither are they countries without turmoil and hard times. No, instead they are countries that have been through many hard times but eventually learn to stand backup and better at the end of it all . . .   grin
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by LouisThoru(f): 10:00pm On Oct 13, 2010
DRlulu:

very true.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Kilode1: 10:01pm On Oct 13, 2010
Let's respect the dignity of labour folks.

All these jibes at my people working at Mc'Donalds or Mowing lawns turns my stomach. sad

We all can't build Rockets or cure Cancer, somebody's got to flip those burgers.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by buzugee(m): 10:01pm On Oct 13, 2010
from my experience of living in america i dont believe it is blessed. i think it is cursed

1, in order to survive you have to get on the 'train'. the 'train' meaning you have to get yourself plugged into this system of monitoring your credit rating, doing your taxes, working long hours, having over 10 different kinds of never ending bills, healthcare if you have family, etc etc etc. it is a very complex system that turns people into numbers and robots and in which most americans are angry, crazy , suicidal, drugged up just to survive, dependent on prescription pills, and all kinds of distractions just to stay sane. most americans are indeed very angry and miserable people.

2, about 30 percent of the population of america live in trailers. these are huge aluminium boxes that look like houses but they are mobile.

3, another huge chunk of the population live in the projects. these are huge mammoth buildings that are gang and crime infested

4, the place is heavily policed and heavily monitored. in my city alone, their are like 10,000 red light cameras. so that you feel like you are in a fish bowl being watched. you mistakenly go through a red light camera, thats $100 you gotta cough up

5, there is always some shooting spree going on. so this puts people on edge and makes it difficult to trust anyone. like in naija how everyone on your street is your padi ? well in america everyone on your street is your potential enemy. especially if you are black

6, the number of unemployed people is 50 million and underemployed is about 50 million too

7,  the number of people that live on the streets and under the bridge is about 1 million plus. in california they have a place called skid row. this is a huge street of homeless bums.

8, lots of animosity between the races makes it a pressure cooker to live in.

9,  they have places called soup kitchens. at night all the poor and downtrodden queue up for bread and soup. the lines are so long in my city, it is crazy. this is how they get their food to eat.

in conclusion ? i think america is a blessed place for the top 1 percent who own all the wealth and a cursed place for the bottom 90 percent who get to scramble for 1 percent of the wealth

in conclusion ?
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by LouisThoru(f): 10:01pm On Oct 13, 2010
akimate:

My 9ja friends,

As a born American I can tell you that all is not well here. I think many people may look up to USA for now because for many years now, we were a world leader in many different ways. The country was founded by people who had a great vision of what they wanted this country to be. Many people in history worked hard to make this vision come true, and it has been true for many years now. The problem is that like other empires, people get lazy because they are satisfired with all that they have. The people lose their drive to keep improving and all that is left is an attempt to keep things the way they are.

And this is the America of today. My country no longer has a vision to keep moving forward. Many of the things that made this a great country (personal freedoms, desire to work hard, desire to be the best) is no longer the case. So for all you people who think America is so blessed, keep paying attention and you can watch over the next 20 years how america is losing that blessing.

Drum it to their ears.

A real American tells the truth about America, a fake one, a Nigerian American tells lies about America, even when we can read and see the truth, and they are ready to defend America with the last drop of blood in them, even if tomorrow, as they step out of the plane, someone tells them the truth about them how being black in America is shi t.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Kobojunkie: 10:02pm On Oct 13, 2010
akimate:

And this is the America of today. My country no longer has a vision to keep moving forward. Many of the things that made this a great country (personal freedoms, desire to work hard, desire to be the best) is no longer the case. So for all you people who think America is so blessed, keep paying attention and you can watch over the next 20 years[b] how america is losing that blessing[/b].

I will say no to the part about working hard. Sure, not everyone gets it but many still do, and yes, times are hard and probably mean you may have to work harder to get that dream of yours ( depending on how high you are aiming right there).

Now to the part about loosing the blessing, Well, you could be right but at least you still admit it is blessed !!!  grin
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 13, 2010
Mobinga:

Blessed?? WTF

- A country that spills[b] blood for oil[/b]
- A country that[b] popularized gay[/b]

© 2010 Mobinga Inc.
So you why the past world power failed so easily ? Because they were more concerned about economic and political progress but the US brought a whole new perception to the whole but mostly those that had more to do with negativity.They cast an imaginary freedom coupled with the atheistic belief,give little regards for ethics and morals.the idea is that it has polarized its tentacles to areas that affect the socio-cultural lives of people.so if the US fails say maybe political or economically,it would be remembered for those socio-cultural values it impacted on the lives of people.just like gay and so on.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Mobinga: 10:23pm On Oct 13, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Sure, America does not always get it right, and NEVER WILL, but that won't make it SENSIBLE/ NON-IMBECILIC to try to compare America with Nigeria in ANY WAY.

Honestly, that a country does not get it right ALL THE TIME does not remove anything from the fact that it remains a blessed country. Blessed countries are not PERFECT COUNTRIES . . . grin
You don't need to state the obvious

~Bluetooth:

So you why the past world power failed so easily ? Because they were more concerned about economic and political progress but the US brought a whole new perception to the whole but mostly those that had more to do with negativity.They cast an imaginary freedom coupled with the atheistic belief,give little regards for ethics and morals.the idea is that it has polarized its tentacles to areas that affect the socio-cultural lives of people.so if the US fails say maybe political or economically,it would be remembered for those socio-cultural values it impacted on the lives of people.just like gay and so on.

+1 Spot on Mate cool

@OP I forgot to add

- Its not America in its entirety. . . Its white people
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Kobojunkie: 10:26pm On Oct 13, 2010
Mobinga:

Oh, I need to, especially when people like you are coming up with a list of ridiculous things to support some imagined idea.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by makajibbz(m): 10:28pm On Oct 13, 2010
Mobinga:

Blessed?? WTF

© 2010 Mobinga Inc.
i love you grin
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by donclemo(m): 10:28pm On Oct 13, 2010
The simple truth y American are so great today and are different from Nigerians : They always strive to be the best they are always trying to invent new things make research and develop new ideas and follow it to the last.  for example look at Benjamin Franklyn,George Westinghouse inventor of the train Henry W. Seely inventor of electric iron,Charles Cretors  inventor of pop corn machine and many more. In Nigeria today even if i try to invent a new thing the poster wouldn't even support me. Have u asked urself how many people still pound yam with motar and pistil in Nigeria is it not possible to invent a machine to pound the yam if there is a machine already invented by Nigerians how many of u use the machine. Africa especially Nigerians dont like to see people succeed. What happens when you invent something that is going to make ur country recognized for an invention in the world. Ur own people begin to talk bad about u , they begin to look for a way to kill u, they look for a way to stop that invention. yet we want to be great. Until we change our mentality we are not going anywhere. I know we have good tailors in Aba is it not possible for Nigerians to import clothes to America and other countries in the world we have the man power, we have the cheap labor yet if somebody begins to plan to do something big the next thing is for people to begin to plan his downfall. I have a friend in the US when he was in Nigeria his father bought a car a Mercedies benz only to wake up the next morning to find out that his tires were stolen, car stereo stolen, his Wind scream broken and they damage the car. Nigerians change your mentality If not urent going NO WHERE IN THE WORLD
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by EPOMA(m): 10:30pm On Oct 13, 2010
In a very short words, America is so blessed becos they work had to make sure every other country is poor or look up to them. Why do we have trade wars,why have America interest in so many countries, but at the end of the day they do well for its Citizens.
 Every one will have their differences on this issue. I would rather someone still my country's money rather than cause situations like wars in a corrupt manner to make money and then send its citizens to die for no reason.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by makajibbz(m): 10:35pm On Oct 13, 2010
Nigeria is far better tham u.s, based on how many people die each day.
the u.s spill blood to stay in world power.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 13, 2010
Mobinga:

+1 Spot on Mate  cool

@OP I forgot to add

- Its not America in its entirety. . .  Its white people
ROTFL. . .I will charge you for racism !
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by nopuqeater: 10:38pm On Oct 13, 2010
[Quote]« #33 on: Today at 04:31:40 AM »

Quote from: Ileke-IdI on Today at 04:26:45 AM
Even tho some of thse natural resources were "stolen".  Labor --- > Brain drain, cheap labors etc. Land ---> Some of their companies are also abroad, they spread out, helps bring money into their economy.

The level of ignorance here is appalling.

1. America was not built on brain drain - contrary to the false tales we are constantly told. The backbone of america's economy is built on the hardwork of white americans. The only reason there is "brain drain" at all is because WE fight tooth and nail, pray and fast for visas to go there. America didnt beg us.

2. cheap labor? And the labor in India and China would be practically free then right? why havent they become so great?

3. The outsourcing of jobs is NOT a boon to the US economy, it only helps the rich who can make more profit (cheaper sources of labour), avoid paying proportionate taxes and take advantage of misguided govt tax breaks.[/Quote]Thank God that on the bold, some of us who are in america are not sedentary. We travel and see this vast country. We know that the bold is absolutely false. Blacks, Chinese, Japanese, etc participate in the larger idealism called america. People who visit the back waters of america will wonder if the poster ever left the state, or even the the town he lives. America is more than urban centers.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 13, 2010
makajibbz:

Nigeria is far better tham u.s, based on how many people die each day.
the u.s spill blood to stay in world power.
It doesn't matter how many people die to keep America in peace.American lives are more precious to them ,so they have to been in Afghanistan,Pakistan to wage meaningless war all geared towards nothing.Sometimes I kinda like the Iranians and the koreans for standing up against the US.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by makajibbz(m): 10:46pm On Oct 13, 2010
~Bluetooth:

It doesn't matter how many people die to keep America in peace.American lives are more precious to them ,so they have to been in Afghanistan,Pakistan to wage meaningless war all geared towards nothing.Sometimes I kinda like the Iranians and the koreans for standing up against the US.
watch out, they always keep the blood flowing to feed the devil.
after afgha/paki ders more. . . d only yu can escape their evil is to go and live there.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Kobojunkie: 10:48pm On Oct 13, 2010
Hard work of White Americans ARRRGGHHHH!!!!! Stop making this crap up people . . . you can easily google to learn of American history if you are too lazy to check out the libraries which give you free access to info by the way.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by dayokanu(m): 10:54pm On Oct 13, 2010
I see a lot of denials here.

I wonder why the American visa is still the most sought document in most countries
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 13, 2010
makajibbz:

watch out, they always keep the blood flowing to feed the devil.
after[b] afgha/paki ders more[/b]. . . d only yu can escape their evil is to go and live there.
First it was Iraq,they invaded under false pretence of looking for WMD and took over their oil.later,they ventured into Afghan looking for Talibans and they are planning to also take over the drug business there.So it's going to take a while before they churn out another yeye and oppressive foreign policy.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Xionez(m): 10:57pm On Oct 13, 2010
^^^^^^
I tire o!!!!!
buzugee:

from my experience of living in america i dont believe it is blessed. i think it is cursed

1, in order to survive you have to get on the 'train'. the 'train' meaning you have to get yourself plugged into this system of monitoring your credit rating, doing your taxes, working long hours, having over 10 different kinds of never ending bills, healthcare if you have family, etc etc etc. it is a very complex system that turns people into numbers and robots and in which most americans are angry, crazy , suicidal, drugged up just to survive, dependent on prescription pills, and all kinds of distractions just to stay sane. most americans are indeed very angry and miserable people.

2, about 30 percent of the population of america live in trailers. these are huge aluminium boxes that look like houses but they are mobile.

3, another huge chunk of the population live in the projects. these are huge mammoth buildings that are gang and crime infested

4, the place is heavily policed and heavily monitored. in my city alone, their are like 10,000 red light cameras. so that you feel like you are in a fish bowl being watched. you mistakenly go through a red light camera, thats $100 you gotta cough up

5, there is always some shooting spree going on. so this puts people on edge and makes it difficult to trust anyone. like in naija how everyone on your street is your padi ? well in america everyone on your street is your potential enemy. especially if you are black

6, the number of unemployed people is 50 million and underemployed is about 50 million too

7,  the number of people that live on the streets and under the bridge is about 1 million plus. in california they have a place called skid row. this is a huge street of homeless bums.

8, lots of animosity between the races makes it a pressure cooker to live in.

9,  they have places called soup kitchens. at night all the poor and downtrodden queue up for bread and soup. the lines are so long in my city, it is crazy. this is how they get their food to eat.

in conclusion ? i think america is a blessed place for the top 1 percent who own all the wealth and a cursed place for the bottom 90 percent who get to scramble for 1 percent of the wealth

in conclusion ?

If this is true, then i better cut down on the number of movies i watch, and FAST!!!!! embarassed
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by makajibbz(m): 10:59pm On Oct 13, 2010
dayokanu:

I see a lot of denials here.

I wonder why the American visa is still the most sought document in most countries
yeah, because its a nicer place to live in than naija, simple.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by LouisThoru(f): 10:59pm On Oct 13, 2010
America is blessed because?

There is no 419:  Nigerians invented it

There is no fraud - only in Nigeria

There is no drug: Naija reigns in drug

Every street is paved with gold

No corrupt politician

No corrupt police officer

Noone takes bribe

No breach of human rights

No bombing and no false arrests

No guatanamo bay

No oppression of Islams

Everyone gets what they want

Noone sleeps under the bridge

Youths dont carry guns, very respectful youths

Schools are the safest

No murder suspect goes un nabbed

Street crime is zero

No NEPA

No natural disaster

No armed robbery

Crime is so low.

1000 dead Arabs is not a figure to one dead American

Americans can occupy another country any time they like

The American president is the most powerful

Noone can make atomic weapons but America can stockpile it

Every race is equal in America

No rich, no poor in America, everyone is rich

Naaaa, any one who says America is not blessed needs a check up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

National Assembly Leadership: APC Caucus Frets, Hopes To Stop Saraki, Dogara / 1.6m Nigerians Applied For Consumer Credit Scheme - MD / Woman Gave Birth To Triplet At Bama IDP Centre In Borno(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.