Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Why Is America So Blessed? - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is America So Blessed? (23072 Views)

GEJ Wasn't Cursed But Blessed By Yoruba Obas (Photo) / Why Is Nigeria So Blessed With Poverty? / Why Is Nigeria So, So Blessed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by MandingoII(m): 6:59pm On Feb 12, 2011
CHEAP LABOR & the Stock market is why Amerikka is so successful.

African slavery enriched America. Which is why America FOUGHT so hard not to give it up. Now the corporations are in Asia after willing slaves to make cheap products and do CHEAP services for America. America is all about paying CHEAP WAGES and selling its products around the world for profit.

It is working beautifully. However the JOBS in america are the ones that CANNOT be exported. And sad to say, most of them are S. H. I T. JOBS.

Being a Nurse is Amerikka is pure h. e. l . l. Most Americans QUIT after two years. It is the Immigrants that stays put. And they HATE their work. but love the money, $$$$$. which means they are not happy, no matter what they say.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by omanzo02: 9:10pm On Feb 12, 2011
This poster is a daft. shiiiiiit licker or something. has he been to Europe at all?
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by amazonia(m): 9:22pm On Feb 12, 2011
DeeJay20:

At least someone is identifying the problem,

Knowledges of our national problems, are not short in supply.
Propagating attainable solutions is our imperatives. A crooked
mind can never see straight. A limited mind cannot perceive the
illimitable. Our brain/mind is our instrument of perception.
  And to perceive truly, the mind must be made straight. It must be
free and cleanse of all conditionings of fears. Because is only the innocent
mind, the mind that has experienced vastly, and yet is free of knowledge
and experience that can discover truth. Don't dwell in past experiences, learn
from them, and focus on possible solutions to our innumerable problems as
necessary to improve our qualities of lifes.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by archive(f): 7:18am On Feb 13, 2011
ShangoThor:

Cap28, you’re bang on the money, however, where we differ is that there are two aspects to the imperialism that Africans were (some argue, are being) subjected to. The obvious which you’ve mentioned is Western, but the other, which is a lot older is that of Islamic Imperialism, and perhaps we are in for a phase 3, that of Asiatic Imperialism, with the Chinese and Indians sharpening their claws since we are not short of leaders that are willing to mortgage Nigeria/Africa and enslave future generations unborn.

The bottom line is only Africans themselves can stop themselves being victims. Keywords being the 3 C’s, : ‘cooperation’, ‘collaboration’ and ‘control’.
There is absolutely no reason why we can’t build our Utopia, it is mindset that keeps us at the bottom of the ‘food chain’.

This is it. People like cap28 moan about how we were put at a disadvantage by europeans. But why was this allowed to happen in the first place? why weren't we able to defend ourselves? why were some of us sold off to europeans in mass numbers? I'm not putting the slave trade as solely the fault of africans (before some posters start slobbering at the mouth) BUT where was our solidarity then? where was our want to advance then?

Get real. We didn't have it, so they took it. That's te game and we LOST. sad but true. i'm sure you're an adult - realise that life is just unfair

If you're talking about REAL solidarity amongst people of the same nation, then great. But Nigeria is a great example of where people don't have any respect for their own people, let alone their own families in a lot of cases. Let's start wit ourselves before we whine about what the europeans did, and will be doing eh? Or is self-reflection simply too much hard work?

i reside in the west and am currently, i live in a city full of ex-patriots at the moment. and guess what? i'm playing the game, which means i'm entering into those communities that you believe are locked to the non-whites. there's a glass ceiling, sure, but i'm going places, and that, my friend, is all any of us can try to do in this life.

DO and set an example, instead of using this forum as a platform to air your tired and meaninless griefs.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by archive(f): 7:20am On Feb 13, 2011
btw i completely agree with those 3 Cs from the previous post. very good
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by DeeJay20: 3:59pm On Feb 13, 2011
ShangoThor:

Cap28, you’re bang on the money, however, where we differ is that there are two aspects to the imperialism that Africans were (some argue, are being) subjected to. The obvious which you’ve mentioned is Western, but the other, which is a lot older is that of Islamic Imperialism, and perhaps we are in for a phase 3, that of Asiatic Imperialism, with the Chinese and Indians sharpening their claws since we are not short of leaders that are willing to mortgage Nigeria/Africa and enslave future generations unborn.

The bottom line is only Africans themselves can stop themselves being victims. Keywords being the 3 C’s, : ‘cooperation’, ‘collaboration’ and ‘control’.
There is absolutely no reason why we can’t build our Utopia, i[b]t is mindset that keeps us at the bottom of the ‘food chain’.[/b]

Your points that i bolded is highly noted, Good Point
and also thanks for stating the obvious ie the new elephants
in the sitting room that nobody really is talking about ie Chinese & Indians
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by DeeJay20: 4:06pm On Feb 13, 2011
archive:

This is it. People like cap28 moan about how we were put at a disadvantage by europeans. But why was this allowed to happen in the first place? why weren't we able to defend ourselves? why were some of us sold off to europeans in mass numbers? I'm not putting the slave trade as solely the fault of africans (before some posters start slobbering at the mouth) BUT where was our solidarity then? where was our want to advance then?

Get real. We didn't have it, so they took it. That's te game and we LOST. sad but true. i'm sure you're an adult - realise that life is just unfair

If you're talking about REAL solidarity amongst people of the same nation, then great. But Nigeria is a great example of where people don't have any respect for their own people, let alone their own families in a lot of cases. Let's start wit ourselves before we whine about what the europeans did, and will be doing eh? Or is self-reflection simply too much hard work?

i reside in the west and am currently, i live in a city full of ex-patriots at the moment. and guess what? i'm playing the game, which means i'm entering into those communities that you believe are locked to the non-whites. there's a glass ceiling, sure, but i'm going places, and that, my friend, is all any of us can try to do in this life.

DO and set an example, instead of using this forum as a platform to air your tired and meaninless griefs.

Hey easy their Girl, The dude is highlighting important issue
and the point you made that i put in bold is just  lame.

Oh yeah by the why Congrants on being
a great/resourceful immigrant, maybe you should talk some of
your "so-called" "glass ceiling breaking success" and give back to
the Nigerian economy, (sic)
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Kobojunkie: 10:04pm On Feb 13, 2011
archive:

This is it. People like cap28 moan about how we were put at a disadvantage by europeans. But why was this allowed to happen in the first place? why weren't we able to defend ourselves? why were some of us sold off to europeans in mass numbers? I'm not putting the slave trade as solely the fault of african[/b]s (before some posters start slobbering at the mouth) BUT where was our solidarity then? where was our want to advance then?

[b]If you're talking about REAL solidarity amongst people of the same nation, then great. But Nigeria is a great example of where people don't have any respect for their own people, let alone their own families in a lot of cases. Let's start wit ourselves before we whine about what the europeans did, and will be doing eh? Or is self-reflection simply too much hard work?

Preach it!!!
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Nobody: 5:54am On Feb 26, 2011
nigeria for me all day , people dey suffer for that ame shaa all in the pretense of we dey jand.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by tpia5: 4:38am On Aug 04, 2011
LouisThoru:

KABUKABU

your parents are buffoons moda foker.

How dare you call me a bufoon. Go fok your moda and go to sleep, she is Hot for you, as usual.

go easy on the fellow abeg.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by havoc37(m): 4:54am On Aug 04, 2011
It's because they're the only superpower and the Soviet Union died.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

National Assembly Leadership: APC Caucus Frets, Hopes To Stop Saraki, Dogara / Tribunal Dismisses PDP, LP’s Request For Live Coverage / Akpabio: I Only Endorsed Him, If He Fails I Am Not Responsible - Ali Ndume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.