Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,163 members, 7,829,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Why Is America So Blessed? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is America So Blessed? (23053 Views)

GEJ Wasn't Cursed But Blessed By Yoruba Obas (Photo) / Why Is Nigeria So Blessed With Poverty? / Why Is Nigeria So, So Blessed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Kobojunkie: 6:18pm On Oct 15, 2010
Less people willing to go into  OB-GYNs practice locally means more H1 visas for foreigners looking to move to the US for better opportunity and jobs as OB-GYNs  in the medical field.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Kobojunkie: 6:20pm On Oct 15, 2010
Mystery meat? And here I thought the US courts already forced McDonalds to reveal the ingredients contained in their menu. Oh well, maybe not everyone knows that it is no longer a mystery by law. lol
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by dayokanu(m): 6:20pm On Oct 15, 2010
drink garri and be healthy.

eat supersize mac and soda, and land in the emergency room every so often.

what gives?

And compare this to what the Almajiris in Nigeria eat. Left overs and rotten food.

tpiah:

i am not saying nigeria is better than america.

but lets get a little perspective.

So whats your point.

My point is that most people prefer the US and believed its blessed because they they have a higher chance of success there compared to their colleagues elsewhere in the world in the same position.
Take any profession and compare

If you have a contrary opinion lemme know

Tpiah for those who eat Big Mac and soda, Compare them to Almajiris in Nigeria. I have seen almajiris before and they can eat your leftoverfood of 4days No jokes.

Now tell me who is better

what's the average cost of living in both countries.

You have to put this side by side with living standards.

If it cost 200Naira to live in the dunghills of Lagos(See This is lagos Documentary part1) or under the bridge and it cost 700Naira to live in the worst project in America. Lets know which is better
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by bawomolo(m): 6:21pm On Oct 15, 2010
Jakumo: Black migrants (many, but not majority) have too much false pride. They don't care to live 10 deep, They see and want, They aim to please rather than to achieve. Asians ban together and plan long term. Blacks live for the moment and cannot resist the "crab-inna-barrel" mentality. They abandon their culture and adopt the negative sterotypes of the US black natives.

this is a strangel comment from you considering your critic of the crab-in-a barrel rhetoric.

is this a slick comment to bash african americans?
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by tpiah: 6:21pm On Oct 15, 2010
yes, kobojunkie the ameriphile has landed.

what are you saying that you didnt borrow from my own post?

not in the mood to dissect your usual meaningless ramblings sha!
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by bawomolo(m): 6:22pm On Oct 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Drink Garri and Be Healthy?? ROFLMAO!!!!!

that's a kwashiorkorlate diet.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Kobojunkie: 6:22pm On Oct 15, 2010
Hey . . . I am just responding to your CLAIMS liesthere  . . . ROFLMAO!!
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by tpiah: 6:25pm On Oct 15, 2010
dayokanu:

And compare this to what the Almajiris in Nigeria eat. Left overs and rotten food.

So whats your point.

My point is that most people prefer the US and believed its blessed because they they have a higher chance of success there compared to their colleagues elsewhere in the world in the same position.

If you have a contrary opinion lemme know

Tpiah for those who eat Big Mac and soda, Compare them to Almajiris in Nigeria. I have seen almajiris before and they can eat your leftoverfood of 4days No jokes.

Now tell me who is better

like i mentioned before, adjust your comparisons to reflect the contexts of different countries.

america also has homeless people who may or may not be eating better than almajiris.

as per who prefers america- the US offers opportunities to lower and middle class people to ascend to what would be considered upper class or upper middle class in their home countries.

that's the long and short of the matter.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by tpiah: 6:25pm On Oct 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Hey . . . I am just responding to your CLAIMS liesthere . . . ROFLMAO!!

but you dont have to make yourself look s.tupid unless of course you absolutely want to.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Kobojunkie: 6:30pm On Oct 15, 2010
bawomolo:

this is a strangel comment from you considering your critic of the crab-in-a barrel rhetoric.

I kind of agree with what he has there.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by MandingoII(m): 6:41pm On Oct 15, 2010

as ugly as he is, we African Americans forgive him
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by MandingoII(m): 6:44pm On Oct 15, 2010
I kind of agree with what he has there. It is almost an all black thing, except some blacks do fight that urge to settle with that mentality.

you a joke.

Americans feel they are BLESSED because they sincerely BELIEVE they are the CHOSEN ONES!!!!

so when African immigrants get here, they too feel they are the Chosen Ones.

when in reality, they are poor. Start at the bottom and must EARN their way into Middle Class.

Taxi -much?
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Kobojunkie: 6:45pm On Oct 15, 2010
MandingoII:

you a joke. 

Americans feel they are BLESSED because they sincerely BELIEVE they are the CHOSEN ONES!!!!

so when African immigrants get here, they too feel they are the Chosen Ones.

when in reality, they are poor.  Start at the bottom and must EARN their way into Middle Class.

Taxi -much?

Sorry, oh deluded chosen one. I have no idea where you get the above from but I can assure you we do not all think as you do, and I hope I never go down to your level, ever! ROFLMAO!!

By the way, you do know you are sort of making @Jakumo's point there, right?
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by dayokanu(m): 7:00pm On Oct 15, 2010
What is wrong with earning your way into the middle class?

Aint you supposed to earn it in the first place? If you are not born into wealth, then you have to work hard to earn it.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by MandingoII(m): 7:01pm On Oct 15, 2010
Sorry, oh deluded chosen one. I have no idea where you get the above from but I can assure you we do not all think as you do, and I hope I never go down to your level, ever! ROFLMAO!!

By the way, you do know you are sort of making @Jakumo's point there, right?

tribalism has alwasy been alive and well in nigeria and nairaland.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/board-40.0.html

enjoy your newfound American Materialism, as my Ghanian friends express to all the time.

they have STUFF, but they feel like interlopers and miss home.  you do too.  you just get to type from a FRESHER environment.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Kobojunkie: 7:04pm On Oct 15, 2010
MandingoII:

tribalism has alwasy been alive and well in nigeria and nairaland.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/board-40.0.html

enjoy your newfound American Materialism, as my Ghanian friends express to all the time.

they have STUFF, but they feel like interlopers and miss home. you do too. you just get to type from a FRESHER environment.

This is reason why I avoid folks like you . . . you @becomerich minded individuals on here. One never has any idea where you are going with any discussion. What in the world has tribalism to do with this? Now you conclude all Americans who do not fit your mold are materialistic? Are you insane?
By the way, what then do you say of Ghanians who have embraced America as their home and have no intentions of going back to Ghana. Would you conclude they are not ghanians? I would not put that one past you. . . .

ROFLMAO!!

Kai!!! ROFLMAO!!
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by MandingoII(m): 7:34pm On Oct 15, 2010
This is reason why I avoid folks like you . . . you @becomerich minded individuals on here. One never has any idea where you are going with any discussion. What in the world has tribalism to do with this? Now you conclude all Americans who do not fit your mold are materialistic? Are you insane?
By the way, what then do you say of Ghanians who have embraced America as their home and have no intentions of going back to Ghana. Would you conclude they are not ghanians? I would not put that one past you. . . .

ROFLMAO!!

Kai!!! ROFLMAO!!

oh I see now , u a woman. figures. YOU WIN!!!!

CAUSE you will keep dragging this on and on and on,
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by MandingoII(m): 7:36pm On Oct 15, 2010
btw I've been to columbus TWICE for the Arnold Classic

there is Absolutely NOTHING there but boring white people - no wonder u bored sh!tless,
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Kobojunkie: 7:37pm On Oct 15, 2010
MandingoII:

oh  I see now , u a woman.  figures.  YOU WIN!!!!

CAUSE you will keep dragging this on and on and on,

MandingoII:

btw I've been to columbus TWICE for the Arnold Classic

there is Absolutely NOTHING there but boring white people - no wonder u bored sh!tless,

See. . . . now you sound even more imbe-cilic than you did in your last post. I said it, with folks like you, it is like trying to whack a mole. ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by ochungal(f): 7:57pm On Oct 15, 2010
Bowolo: No bashing here. Just facts. Carb- inna-barrel effect I have seen and experienced. Always your own trying to pull you back into the barrel when you have nearly reached the top.

Only person to ever call me a nigger was a black man (Black American). Only time I ever hear a person ask if African & Jamaicans lives in trees and Jungles or eat monkey was a Black man (Black American). So no bashing just life experiences.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Kobojunkie: 8:00pm On Oct 15, 2010
ochungal:

Bowolo: No bashing here. Just facts.  Carb- inna-barrel effect I have seen and experienced. Always your own trying to pull you back into the barrel when you have nearly reached the top.

Only person to ever call me a nigger was a black man (Black American). Only time I ever hear a person ask if African & Jamaicans lives in trees and Jungles or eat monkey was a Black man (Black American). So no bashing just life experiences.

Similar experience ooo . . . . My only experience with racism was thanks to some black folks who felt because I was african, I was somehow lower than they were. I was then enrolled in a historically black college and they made no attempts to hide their disdain. First racial hate experience -- from black students. And yes, questions on Africans living in trees and with the jungle in the backyard, were asked by black americans, only I think they out of spiteor something cause they were educated and I didn't understand why else any persons with access to knowledge would ask such questions.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by ochungal(f): 8:05pm On Oct 15, 2010
MondingoII: I am a female, and far from the ugly tree  wink  And yet to feel any acceptance from African Americans. Although, I have felt a little comfort from the ones who are educated and know that I never lived in a tree, ate monkies, and came to the states via boat.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by dayokanu(m): 8:08pm On Oct 15, 2010
One 17yr old NL girl who just got to school in South carolina complained too that the Black girls in her school were always quick to attack her condescendingly as being lower than them.

Before she had the guts to stand up to them
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by bawomolo(m): 8:18pm On Oct 15, 2010
dayokanu:

One 17yr old NL girl who just got to school in South carolina complained too that the Black girls in her school were always quick to attack her condescendingly as being lower than them.

Before she had the guts to stand up to them

well you guys do have a point
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by ochungal(f): 8:34pm On Oct 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:  grin grin grin at least you know that I'm not bashing.  grin  I was 7 when I encountered that abuse in school. The only time I heard the word ni66er use was when Jamaicans were cursing worthless people, never knew it related to my skin color. Those little animals made me fear for my life in school everyday. I had a whole class beat me up at lunch time and if not for a Puerto Rican student they may have killed me. Another time they pushed me into traffic while waiting with the crossing guard. A black teacher (substitute) let me sit in class with my hand raise til I peeded on myself. That was the last straw when my mom went to school like a mad woman. She gave me permission to fight because she didn't bring me to the states for them to kill me.  I always regretted my stepfather for causing us to migrate to the states.  My life was of privilege but my mom believe wherever she went I had to go as well.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by MandingoII(m): 11:18pm On Oct 15, 2010
MondingoII: I am a female, and far from the ugly tree And yet to feel any acceptance from African Americans. Although, I have felt a little comfort from the ones who are educated and know that I never lived in a tree, ate monkies, and came to the states via boat.

well

Do you? wink
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by ochungal(f): 11:28pm On Oct 15, 2010
^^^ Do I what?

I'm a chicken, fish & goat eata big & proud! Mi nu nam cow grin an nu man cann't bribe mi wid nu lobsta dinna grin grin
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by cap28: 11:58pm On Oct 15, 2010
mandingo said:
Whereas that is true, We DO NOT want to go anywhere else.,

We are MORE AMERICAN than the 50 millions whites that immigrated here from the 1830's-1920's.

IT was a UGLY struggle for my people.

yet, WE FOUGHT for ours!!!!

then they dropped DRUGGS in the community AND created archaic laws to create a Jail industry on Black men to have a permanent underclass. When Africans have their children they too will become African Americans and dream that they too will become the rich 1% tht America BLAST around the world - when in reality they are nothing more than working class stiffs , RUNNING on a TREADMILL

Bro i agree with you, african americans did fight a courageous battle but the evil machinations of the white supremacists continue to date.  After they got rid of all your great leaders, Malcolm X, Stokeley Carmichael, Martin Luther King, they went into overdrive and came down hard on the black communities.  They succeeded in destroying the black communities and pitting black men against black women thereby ensuring the total collapse of the black family in america.  The CIA then introduced crack cocaine into the black community which sounded the death knell for progress in your communities. 

Since the abolition of slavery whitey has been faced with a dilemma - the question of what to do with its  black population.

Ever heard of a woman by the name of Margaret Sanger?   well, she was a US govt agent used by the white elite  to "control" the growth of  the black population in america in the early part of the 20th century, she founded an organisation known as the American Birth Control League which eventually became known as Planned Parenthood, what is so sad about this situation is that many supposedly educated african americans bought into it and were hoodwinked into beleiving that it would be in the interest of the black community to reduce the number of children they had, in a bid to be accepted by white mainstream society, many educated blacks started preaching this warped ideology of population control of their own people, before long abortion clinics began springing  up everywhere in the black community. what many blacks in america didnt understand was that they were comitting race suicide under the guidance of an evil eugenicist, if you look at america today, you can see that race suicide of the black race is still a work in progress, black men - the ones who are not tied up in the prison industrial complex are either no longer having children with black women but opting to go for women of other races instead, this is all part of the eugenics programme of white america - reduction of the black population in america

Planned Parenthood has many rich financiers such as Warren Buffet and Bill Gates, these are people who if they had one wish it would be for all  the black people in america to disappear.

by the way eugenics or "race hygiene" as it used to be known in the US in the 1920's is basically the purification of the Aryan race by the removal of groups who are considered to be "unfit" from mainstream society,  in the early part of the 20th century black people were on the receiving end of this programme in the following ways: lynching, segregation, sterilisation and abortion, now it is done by way of incarceration of large nos of black men, introduction of crack cocaine into the black community, mass incarceration of young black men , decriminalisation of miscegenation or race mixing and high rates of abortion under the guise of "family planning" and finally HIV aids. 

when slavery ended the white elite realised that they no longer had any more use for the black population, they did a cost benefit analysis and the US govt realised that it was going to cost them a lot of money to rehabilitate people who had been brutalised by such a heinous system and they were not willing to spend a dime of their money to pay for this rehabilitation programme, they decided instead to come up with an ingenious plan, - the gradual elimination of the black population - but you see because america prides itself in being a champion of human rights they couldnt come out openly to do this - because that would mean that they were no better than the Nazis, so instead they chose to cloak their plans in lies and falsity and this is where this organisation came into play, please dont take my word for it do your research on Planned Parenthood and its origins and you will find out that what i am saying is true.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Nobody: 12:58am On Oct 16, 2010
El-Phenomenal:

To be honest,God made the whites to be more civilised than us blacks,think of it for a sec,in evy good things,the whites are always better

Uncle Ruckus, from the Boondocks, is that you?!

@Nwaka77 EXACTLY. It's not just Nigerians though. Alot of times when people in general don't have as a child, once they get it they flaunt it unecessarily. And as the person who replied to you stated those who do, you can barely tell. I work with people and I work for a very popular shoe store here in the states and I will tell you, some of the most expensive shoes are purchased with a price of about $200.00 BEFORE tax by two types of customers. The first customer is the middle aged white man (sometimes woman) whose pants are too high and the shoes he'd have on look run down with no sense of style. You see, when I tell him his total? Not a flinch! Then theres the black dude (smh). He may whip out 100 dollar bills but when the cute girl in the corner isn't looking and everyone is going about their business that's when I get the "Can I get a discount (if i take you out)? questions. Sure they are both show offs. One has his complexion and credit cards on his side but is smart about it and the other living from pay check to pay check to impress.

Don't get me wrong I hate to typecast but it's like I say stereotypes have some truth to them. By all means I am not going to deny America is truely the Land of Opportunity and the place that the world over can learn from however as many of you all stated MOST Americans including myself live off of credit. It's how much money you have, who you know, where you live and what car you drive that determines ones importance here and because its accepted its now a requirement to survive in the U.S. but the good thing is I could careless! My credit cards/loans are used to purchase and enhance what I need but cannot yet get but for the average spoiled American it's to 'Keep up with the secretly struggling Joneses'. Then we get the show offs who end up with embezzlement charges and we having to pay for their mistakes in the name of recessions. The credit system ties all hard working Americans together so in the event of white-collar theft we pay for the corporate bail outs while idiots native and foreign continue to show off.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Nobody: 1:07am On Oct 16, 2010
ochungal:

Kobojunkie:  grin grin grin at least you know that I'm not bashing.  grin  I was 7 when I encountered that abuse in school. The only time I heard the word ni66er use was when Jamaicans were cursing worthless people, never knew it related to my skin color. Those little animals made me fear for my life in school everyday. I had a whole class beat me up at lunch time and if not for a Puerto Rican student they may have killed me. Another time they pushed me into traffic while waiting with the crossing guard. A black teacher (substitute) let me sit in class with my hand raise til I peeded on myself. That was the last straw when my mom went to school like a mad woman. She gave me permission to fight because she didn't bring me to the states for them to kill me.  I always regretted my stepfather for causing us to migrate to the states.  My life was of privilege but my mom believe wherever she went I had to go as well.

What? another Jamaican! Wah gwan? Nice to see another islander on here wink but that is so true. At one point you wouldnt DARE call (or hear Jamaicans say the word N.gger TO other) Jamaicans unless it was during an argument and even then soon after SOMEBODY is getting hurt! lol but now? Because of MTV and BET it's now become part of Patois! Shame.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by oyinda3(f): 1:56am On Oct 16, 2010
@cap,

Since the abolition of slavery whitey has been faced with a dilemma - the question of what to do with its  black population.

I don't think the whole planned parenthood thing had to do with african americans specifically. The malthusian idea was just very popular back then.
It died down after technologies were created to increase food/agricultural output. before then, the population crisis theory was very popular. but yea of course, the poor people and blacks were always blamed for causing the problem with their high fertility rates.
"family planning" as an idea was brought to Africa, SE Asia etc sef by the westerners/colonialists. it wasn't targeted solely on the African americans.

of course we see many developed nations experiencing depopulation nowadays.
the only ones that are not suffering from it are countries like US and UK that bring in tons of immigrants each yr (mostly for labor purposes).
so the idea wasn't all that. but of course, many of us accepted it as gospel. we always accept western ideas as gospel truth.

not saying that having 10 kids u can't feed is a great idea. but it's just as dangerous to go as far in the opposite direction.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Nobody: 5:58am On Oct 16, 2010
absolutely @ OYINDA. & CAP Its not a "black thing" its a white vs brown thing. Brown being all non-Anglo peoples of the world. Traditionally whites never had alot of children except for its very poor class but as of the 20th century their population has declined significantly on an international scale and for them it is a last attempt at "brown" population control. The biggest flaw for them though is interracial marriages lol as every other race has different shades compared to their one so their "watering down" attempts are a huge FAIL. You also see many of their attempts such as AIDS (i KNOW that was man made), brainwashing, abortion clinics, liquor stores and drugs have also proved to be detrimental to them because as the societies on the world become more intertwined people influence eachother hense you see rich suburban white kids now being found in urban ghettos buying drugs or having secret/ illegal abortions; etc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Petrol May Cost More In South-east - IPMAN / President Buhari Arrives London Ahead Of Global Education Summit / APC Govs Forum Zone NASS Offices, Favour S'south For Senate President - PT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.