Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. (25367 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / Anti-Deity of Yahshua: Please Kindly Help Frosbel Answer This / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by aletheia(m): 8:58am On Nov 23, 2010
^^^And so Sweetnecta beats a retreat. . .until next time. . .being unable to produce any verses in the qur'an that state that the Holy Spirit is Gabriel. If there were actually any verses; going by Sweetnecta's antecedents; they would have been posted by now.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 12:59pm On Nov 23, 2010
^^^^^^ When you can grow a spine from the dish, put it on, since you dont have any, presently.

Take up my challenge, the onus of going through with it shall rest on you since I dont even know you. But I want your conscience to bite you and your heart be heavy for being a one who cant commit.

I will give you no less than 2 verses where Jibril is referred as "Holy Spirit" that brought the Quran to you, Oh Muhammad, since the Quran revelations apart from the last 4 verses of Surah Baqarah were through Jibril (AS).

I will also give you other names Jibril was called, you enemy of Pure and True Faith. Your lies are now exposed.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 23, 2010
weldone sweetnecta grin,may Allah reward you
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by aletheia(m): 12:25am On Nov 24, 2010
Sweetnecta:

I will give you no less than 2 verses where Jibril is referred as "Holy Spirit" that brought the Quran to you, Oh Muhammad, since the Quran revelations apart from the last 4 verses of Surah Baqarah were through Jibril (AS).

I will also give you other names Jibril was called, you enemy of Pure and True Faith. Your lies are now exposed.

^^^So where are the verses? Or are you referring to this one?

Walaqad atayna moosa alkitaba waqaffayna min baAAdihi bialrrusuli waatayna AAeesa ibna maryama albayyinati waayyadnahu biroohi alqudusi afakullama jaakum rasoolun bima la tahwa anfusukumu istakbartum fafareeqan kaththabtum wafareeqan taqtuloona

Or this one:

Tilka alrrusulu faddalna baAAdahum AAala baAAdin minhum man kallama Allahu warafaAAa baAAdahum darajatin waatayna AAeesa ibna maryama albayyinati waayyadnahu biroohi alqudusi walaw shaa Allahu ma iqtatala allatheena min baAAdihim min baAAdi ma jaat-humu albayyinatu walakini ikhtalafoo faminhum man amana waminhum man kafara walaw shaa Allahu ma iqtataloo walakinna Allaha yafAAalu ma yureedu

Is there any mention of Gabriel? Still waiting for the answer of what holiness means to Muslims.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:43pm On Nov 24, 2010
aletheia:

Walaqad atayna moosa alkitaba waqaffayna min baAAdihi bialrrusuli waatayna AAeesa ibna maryama albayyinati waayyadnahu biroohi alqudusi afakullama jaakum rasoolun bima la tahwa anfusukumu istakbartum fafareeqan kaththabtum wafareeqan taqtuloona

Or this one:

Tilka alrrusulu faddalna baAAdahum AAala baAAdin minhum man kallama Allahu warafaAAa baAAdahum darajatin waatayna AAeesa ibna maryama albayyinati waayyadnahu biroohi alqudusi walaw shaa Allahu ma iqtatala allatheena min baAAdihim min baAAdi ma jaat-humu albayyinatu walakini ikhtalafoo faminhum man amana waminhum man kafara walaw shaa Allahu ma iqtataloo walakinna Allaha yafAAalu ma yureedu

Is there any mention of Gabriel? Still waiting for the answer of what holiness means to Muslims.

Good job there.  It is pretty obvious that he can't find the verses you are asking him to post as his is presently carpeted and cornered. Let's just hope that his fellow slaves who are egging him on will put him out of his misery and furnish us with those missing verses. cheesy
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by aletheia(m): 7:45pm On Nov 24, 2010
^^
grin
Jesus is Lord
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 24, 2010
Audhubillahi mina shaytany rajim angry
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by bashydemy(m): 8:26pm On Nov 24, 2010
^^ you can say that again cos this xtain guys are more of less satan
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 10:11pm On Nov 24, 2010
@Aletheia and Olaadegbu: « #228 on: Today at 01:43:08 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: aletheia on Today at 12:25:15 AM

Or this one:

Is there any mention of Gabriel? Still waiting for the answer of what holiness means to Muslims.[/Quote]While you two are gittering like people with too many cups of coffee, can you tell me who is Massiah? When you give me the answer, I shall provide you with a preview of my answers. I know that aletheia doesnt have the spine to take up the challenge. Can you Olaadegbu to step in and accept my challenge since Aletheia is so scared?

[QUote]Good job there. It is pretty obvious that he can't find the verses you are asking him to post as his is presently carpeted and cornered, let's just hope that his fellow slaves who are egging him on will put him out of his misery and furnish us with those missing verses. Cheesy[/Quote]Olaadegbu, may be you can be a grown up if aletheia refused to grow up and rise up to the challenge? If after you tell me who Massiah is, can you accept tp lose your idolatry of three gods if i show you names of Jibril (AS), including where he is called RuhuQudus, in the Quran, since he was the one who brought the Quran to the heart of Muhammad (AS) in revelations. Sura Najm will be my first set up verses and finally I will show Jibril (AS), in name and in titles.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by aletheia(m): 4:17am On Nov 25, 2010
^^^
Sweetnecta:

Sura Najm will be my first set up verses. . .
Really? I asked you a straightforward question in post #213,
What does Holy and Holiness mean to the Muslim?
Several posts later, you still waffling. . .just produce the verses. Simple. Instead you are talking about Sura Najm which does not mention the Holy Spirit, neither Gabriel. Does Sura Najm say that the Holy Spirit is Gabriel? Emphatically no! Repeatedly by your diversionary tactics you show that you cannot answer the question and therefore prove my intial point:
You are a Muslim who claims to know his qur'an but you couldn't answer the question; al-ilah it would seem has a phobia for holiness; only twice in his qur'an does he deign to use that word for himself (your assignment is to find the two verses) but he in no way educates his followers as to what that holiness and being holy means. Compare the Bible: 231 times in the NT and 458 times in the OT and I have not even included derivatives like holiness in the word count!
The 53rd Sura starts off with your god swearing by the Star. Was he so desperate to convince his listeners that he was genuine? Very funny. . .since we know that those who swear, swear by that which is greater than them. Thus it is shown that the Star is greater than Allah, since al-ilah swears by the Star.
53.1. By the Star when it setteth,

Now compare this:

For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself,(Hebrews 6:13)

Reading further down your Sura brings us to the dark secret of Islam---hints of its Satanic origins: verses 19 - 21 --- the edited version of the Satanic verses.

53:19-21. Have ye thought upon [b]Al-Lat and Al-'Uzza
And Manat, the third, the other?
Are yours the males and His the females?

Not surprisingly; further down in verse 27; al-ilah seems to hint that these female deities who are his daughters are actually angels of his erroneously named as females.

[b]53:27. Lo! it is those who disbelieve in the Hereafter who name the angels with the names of females.

The 53rd sura does not call Gabriel the Ruuh Qudus. In fact it neither mentions the Holy Spirit or Gabriel. The names mentioned there are the names of Allah's daughters. It does not answer the question!
Sweetnecta:

If after you tell me who Massiah is, can you accept tp lose your idolatry of three gods if i show you names of Jibril (AS)
^^
Story, story. This is an example of what seyibrown called pretend ignorance. You and I know who the Messiah is---an Muhammad is not the one. You are just engaging in diversionary tactics: just post the quranic verses that say Ruuh Qudus is Gabriel; that is all you need do. No long grammar.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 2:10pm On Nov 26, 2010
@aletheia: « #233 on: Yesterday at 04:17:01 AM »
[QUote]^^^
Quote from: Sweetnecta on November 24, 2010, 10:11 PM
Sura Najm will be my first set up verses. . .
Really? I asked you a straightforward question in post #213,[/Quote]Really. Considering a ton of questions and the many different ways I have asked them, yet you have failed to answer a single one of them. I threw you a challenge, you refused to accept. You might as well walk away right now, since you cant wager your faith.

[Quote]Quote
Several posts later, you still waffling. . .just produce the verses. Simple. Instead you are talking about Sura Najm which does not mention the Holy Spirit, neither Gabriel. Does Sura Najm say that the Holy Spirit is Gabriel? Emphatically no! Repeatedly by your diversionary tactics you show that you cannot answer the question and therefore prove my intial point:[/Quote]Your initial point was zero, or at best weak. If you are sure of what you are saying please wager your faith and I will show you that Jibril is holyspirit, just like Jesus is Massiah and prophet of Bani Israil. Both I shall provide from Quran. Dont forget that you are a disbeliever, hence truth you disbelieve.

[Quote]Quote
You are a Muslim who claims to know his qur'an but you couldn't answer the question; al-ilah it would seem has a phobia for holiness; only twice in his qur'an does he deign to use that word for himself (your assignment is to find the two verses) but he in no way educates his followers as to what that holiness and being holy means. Compare the Bible: 231 times in the NT and 458 times in the OT and I have not even included derivatives like holiness in the word count![/Quote]You seem to be stuck in the number game. The cumulative 679 times it is used in the Bible, what s the outcome but pure pogrom. Jesus and in the whole Bible, Eloi was used just once. Does it therefore means that Eloi is a product of phobia, hence is not the Real Name of God, the overused Yahweh, Jehovah, Adonia, etc are are? Use your head. One usage is enough proof. Just like one fight or one sword is enough proof.

[QUote]The 53rd Sura starts off with your god swearing by the Star. Was he so desperate to convince his listeners that he was genuine? Very funny. . .since we know that those who swear, swear by that which is greater than them. Thus it is shown that the Star is greater than Allah, since al-ilah swears by the Star.[/Quote]Unfortunately, you are naive. In the same Quran, you will read that Allah says He created the stars, sun, moon, heavens, earth, etc. You will also read that He says dont swear or witness by anything but Him. Dont fear anything but Him. Dont worship anything but Him. We know that when He calls something to witness, it is affirmation that such a thing exist, seen or unseen, it does not matter, we hear, we believe and that is enough. But you with your stiff neck do not hear, definitely do not believe even if it hits you in the face. Jesus call God to Witness. Your point in this case is proven just like I will call God to Witness that you are a liar, the reason you are not taking me up on my challenge.

[Quote]Quote
53.1. By the Star when it setteth,
Now compare this:
For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself,(Hebrews 6:13)[/Quote]Hebrew verse he quotes. When shall Yahweh speaks for Himself? When shall you not put words in Jesus mouth? Let me tell you a story of an event in my life this week. Last friday, I feel in the bathroom running away from hot water. In that fall, i was black and blue, terribly hurt, but i did not hit my head on anything. Allah protected the head that the forehead prostrates to Him and the lips and tongue praise Him with the eyes that lower in prayers in reverence to Him. And life is tentative at best. Monday evening I received a call from a clinic staff in Lagos that one of my beloved is dead. It is a shock because the day before, sunday, we spoke and i was intending still on monday to call for follow up. Alhamdulillah, she did not die. Probably passed out, unresponsive, even as a patient in the hospital, with all of that they declared her dead for a moment that they had to call me here. Misdiagnosis, I say. It reminds me of a story that has been circulating for over 2000 years now. Misdiagnosis. Allah brought it clear to me, in a so close to home setting. If I were a christian, with what happened on Monday, I will abandon christianity and opt for Islam which has been saying it loud and clear that "Jesus did not die, nor did they crucify him, but made to look so".

[Quote]Reading further down your Sura brings us to the dark secret of Islam---hints of its Satanic origins: verses 19 - 21 --- the edited version of the Satanic verses.
53:19-21. Have ye thought upon [b]Al-Lat and Al-'Uzza
And Manat, the third, the other?
Are yours the males and His the females?
Not surprisingly; further down in verse 27; al-ilah seems to hint that these female deities who are his daughters are actually angels of his erroneously named as females.[/Quote]This is similar to when I asked if your daughter is aletheia. It was a statement of scorning. I scorned you then. Imagine the Right of Allah to Scorn the disbelievers? Just like He told Moses to tell the ungrateful children of Israel who were complaining of Manna and Salwa for fool mudammas and balsa, etc of Egypt to go back if they wish for them.

[Quote][b]53:27. Lo! it is those who disbelieve in the Hereafter who name the angels with the names of females.[/Quote]You lack foresightedness. Today, women are still referred as Angels because they are pretty. Some are actually named Angel.

[QUote]The 53rd sura does not call Gabriel the Ruuh Qudus. In fact it neither mentions the Holy Spirit or Gabriel. The names mentioned there are the names of Allah's daughters. It does not answer the question![/Quote]Where ever you see Allah's daughters, they are your own imaginations. You think Allah is like the "one" who produced sons of god who saw daughters o men?

[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on November 24, 2010, 10:11 PM
If after you tell me who Massiah is, can you accept tp lose your idolatry of three gods if i show you names of Jibril (AS)
^^
Story, story. This is an example of what seyibrown called pretend ignorance. You and I know who the Messiah is---an Muhammad is not the one. You are just engaging in diversionary tactics: just post the quranic verses that say Ruuh Qudus is Gabriel; that is all you need do. No long grammar.[/Quote]You already answered the question. But you need me to show you, which am eager to do as long as you are willing to wager christianity. You cant have it your way. No way jose. By the way, while we at it, give me the name of the Holy Spirit, from the Bibe. The Messiah, who you call god the son, is named Jesus, not Immanuel, since no one, including his mother never called him that if only for once. The Creator, Sender who you call god the father is named yahweh (the Lord; not a proper name), but Eloi, Elaw, Allah are proper Names, the first two are derived from the last. Yet it is Eloi that the Bible records Jesus calling his Sender When it was crucial for him to mention His Name. What isthenaeofgod the holy spirit, in that manner? I'm sure you know it. Maybe you dont know it. If you dont know it, then there is no trinity and there is no god the holy spirit.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:57pm On Nov 26, 2010
Did you know that Jesus possesses the attributes that belong only to God?

Jesus is Eternal: 

John 1:1 affirms:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." 

The word "was" in this verse is an imperfect tense, indicating continuous, ongoing existence.  When the time-space universe came into being, Christ already existed (Heb.1:8-11).

Jesus is Self-Existent:

As the Creator of all things (John 1:3; Col.1:16; Heb.1:2), Christ Himself must be uncreated.  Col. 1:17 tells us that Christ is "before all things, and in Him all things consist."

Jesus is Everywhere Present:

Christ promised His disciples:

"Where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the mist of them" (Matt.18:20). 

Since people all over the world gather in Christ’s name, the only way He could be present with them all is if He is truly omnipresent (Matt.28:20; Eph.1:23; 4:10; Col.3:11).

Jesus is All-knowing: 

Jesus knew where the fish were in the water (Luke 5:4,6; John 21:6-11), and He knew just which fish contained the coin (Matt.17:27).  He knew the future (John 11:11; 18:14), specific details that would be encountered (Matt.21:2-4), and knew from a distance that Lazarus had died (John 11:14).  He also knows the Father as the Father knows Him (Matt.11:27; John 7:29; 8:55; 10:15; 17:25).

Jesus is All-Powerful:

Christ created the entire universe (John 1:3; Col.1:16; Heb.1:2) and sustains the universe by His own Power (Col.1:17; Heb.1:3).  During His earthly ministry, He exercised power over nature (Luke 8:25), physical diseases (Mark 1:29-31), demonic spirits (Mark 1:32-34), and even death (John 11:1-44).

Jesus is Sovereign: 

Christ presently sits at the right hand of God the Father, "angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to Him" (1Peter 3:22).  When Christ comes again in glory, He will be adorned with a majestic robe, and on the thigh section of the robe will be the words, "KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS" (Revelation 19:16).

Jesus is Sinless: 

Jesus challenged the Jewish leaders:

"Which of you convicts me of sin?" (John 8:46). 

The apostle Paul referred to Jesus as "Him who knew no sin" (2 Cor.5:21).  Jesus is one who "loved righteousness and hated lawlessness" (Heb.1:9), was "without sin" (Heb.4:15), and was "holy, harmless, [and] undefiled" (Heb. 7:26).
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by aletheia(m): 10:11pm On Nov 26, 2010
Sweetnecta:

Really. Considering a ton of questions and the many different ways I have asked them. . .blah, blah, blah

^^Exactly what the qur'an does, instead of answering a straightforward question, you embark on a long-winded, peregrinating fable-filled discourse that is totally bunkum and off point, hoping that at the end the listeners would have forgotten the initial question!

aletheia:

^^^Really? I asked you a straightforward question in post #213, Several posts later, you still waffling. . .just produce the verses.

You are just engaging in diversionary tactics: just post the quranic verses that say Ruuh Qudus is Gabriel; that is all you need do. No long grammar.

It is evident that no such verses exist; otherwise you would have posted them just to disprove me and show that this Christian is wrong.

Now is the time for you to leave Muhammad and come to Jesus that you may live. The Islam you put your hope in is but an amalgam of lying words as shown by the fact that several days after the initial question, you are still struggling to find the answers.

Behold, ye trust in lying words, that cannot profit. (Jeremiah 7:8]

Jesus is Lord
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 11:31pm On Nov 26, 2010
@Aletheia: « #236 on: Today at 10:11:29 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 02:10:52 PM
Really. Considering a ton of questions and the many different ways I have asked them. . .blah, blah, blah
^^Exactly what the qur'an does, instead of answering a straightforward question, you embark on a long-winded, peregrinating fable-filled discourse that is totally bunkum and off point, hoping that at the end the listeners would have forgotten the initial question![/Quote]The bold is your own addition to what i said in 234. If you have to resort to this, adding to what i said, how can you be trustworthy? No wonder you are what you are. Shame on you, aletheia.

[Quote]Quote
Quote from: aletheia on Yesterday at 04:17:01 AM
^^^Really? I asked you a straightforward question in post #213, Several posts later, you still waffling. . .just produce the verses.
You are just engaging in diversionary tactics: just post the quranic verses that say Ruuh Qudus is Gabriel; that is all you need do. No long grammar.
It is evident that no such verses exist; otherwise you would have posted them just to disprove me and show that this Christian is wrong.
Now is the time for you to leave Muhammad and come to Jesus that you may live. The Islam you put your hope in is but an amalgam of lying words as shown by the fact that several days after the initial question, you are still struggling to find the answers.[/Quote]I have lived many years longer than you, and still alive. Many christians who are younger than me are already dead. There are tons of muslims, much older than me alive still. Alhamdulillah, I have not lied. You have lied, and my proof is that you doctored by answer, as shown above. I will not be a member of your multigods religion. If you know a different RuhuQudus apart from Jibril, let us know his name.

[Quote]Behold, ye trust in lying words, that cannot profit. (Jeremiah 7:8]
Jesus is Lord[/Quote]Your face is better as the symbol of lying. And you have confirmed it by calling a human Lord. You are imitating the British Parliaments with their house of Lords. Lords, I said. Plural. Easy for christians to claim what they claim.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by aletheia(m): 12:07am On Nov 27, 2010
Sweetnecta:

@Aletheia: « #236 on: Today at 10:11:29 PM »The bold is your own addition to what i said in 234. If you have to resort to this, adding to what i said, how can you be trustworthy? No wonder you are what you are. Shame on you, aletheia.
^^You are not as educated as you try to pass yourself off as: "blah, blah, blah" is not an addition but a summary of your long-winded off-point post. Please check a dictionary.

Sweetnecta:

I have lived many years longer than you, and still alive. Many christians who are younger than me are already dead. There are tons of muslims, much older than me alive still. Alhamdulillah, I have not lied. You have lied, and my proof is that you doctored by answer, as shown above. I will not be a member of your multigods religion. If you know a different RuhuQudus apart from Jibril, let us know his name.
^^I said:
Now is the time for you to leave Muhammad and come to Jesus that you may live.

This is an invitation that Jesus holds out to all including you. The day of repentance is today. Tomorrow may be too late. There is no turning or repentance in the grave. You may be alive physically, even live to a hundred, but all that is vanity, meaningless and dross without Jesus. For a life apart from Jesus is but as one of the living dead. As the scriptures say:

[b]Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel. For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:19-29)[/b]

As for your Ruuh Qudus; stop being exasperating and post the qur'anic verses that state that Gabriel is the Holy Spirit. Why the hide and seek? It's a simple matter of posting the relevant verses. You earlier referred to Sura Najm, which I conclusively showed did not mention Gabriel or the Holy Spirit.

Sweetnecta:

Your face is better as the symbol of lying. And you have confirmed it by calling a human Lord. You are imitating the British Parliaments with their house of Lords. Lords, I said. Plural. Easy for christians to claim what they claim.
^^Such anger because I said Jesus is Lord. You do manifest the spirit in you despite your efforts at hiding your true nature!
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS. (Revelation 19:11-16)

Behold the final destiny of all who oppose and reject Jesus as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords:
And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. (Revelation 19:20)

Almighty Heavenly Father; we your children say: Maranatha!
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 1:26am On Nov 28, 2010
@aletheia; « #238 on: Yesterday at 12:07:36 AM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on November 26, 2010, 11:31 PM
@Aletheia: « #236 on: Today at 10:11:29 PM »The bold is your own addition to what i said in 234. If you have to resort to this, adding to what i said, how can you be trustworthy? No wonder you are what you are. Shame on you, aletheia.
^^You are not as educated as you try to pass yourself off as: "blah, blah, blah" is not an addition but a summary of your long-winded off-point post. Please check a dictionary.[/Quote]I dont have to look further or check any dictionary to know your intention. A honest discussant quotes his opponent without addition to give impression of irrelevance. A basic man, is what I am. education has nothing to do with emotion; look at you believing in three gods, which you keep denying as 1 God; Jesus is a god, you said. So is Jehovah (the Lord, not a proper name) is another god. then hoy spirit that remain nameless is also another god. How many gods are there, alitalia, if they are not 3 independent gods? And my time, is different from your time; you are generation next at best and I'm a baby boomer. We see things differently. Maybe I should not even discuss with you; lol (he probably will have a depression).

I have lived many years longer than you, and still alive. Many christians who are younger than me are already dead. There are tons of muslims, much older than me alive still. Alhamdulillah, I have not lied. You have lied, and my proof is that you doctored by answer, as shown above. I will not be a member of your multigods religion. If you know a different RuhuQudus apart from Jibril, let us know his name.
^^I said:
Now is the time for you to leave Muhammad and come to Jesus that you may live.[/Quote]The prophetic reign of Jesus was long gone; over 14 centuries now. Muhammad (AS) is the current and last Messenger. You seem to following Obasanjo when Goodluck is the president is a loose similarity. Who wants has been for current leadership when there is a current and effect leader for life?

[Quote]This is an invitation that Jesus holds out to all including you. The day of repentance is today. Tomorrow may be too late. There is no turning or repentance in the grave. You may be alive physically, even live to a hundred, but all that is vanity, meaningless and dross without Jesus. For a life apart from Jesus is but as one of the living dead. As the scriptures say:
Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel. For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:19-29)[/Quote]The bold irrespective of the wrong label, father, is gonna be a witness against you along with the effort of the good meaning muslims on this board.

[Quote]As for your Ruuh Qudus; stop being exasperating and post the qur'anic verses that state that Gabriel is the Holy Spirit. Why the hide and seek? It's a simple matter of posting the relevant verses. You earlier referred to Sura Najm, which I conclusively showed did not mention Gabriel or the Holy Spirit.[/Quote]Let me ask you, alitalia, if Quran says there is a RuhuQudus (AS), can you give me his name if you say he is not Jibril (AS)?

Your face is better as the symbol of lying. And you have confirmed it by calling a human Lord. You are imitating the British Parliaments with their house of Lords. Lords, I said. Plural. Easy for christians to claim what they claim.
^^Such anger because I said Jesus is Lord. You do manifest the spirit in you despite your efforts at hiding your true nature![/Quote]Maybe your heart may hear the truth, for once. You know a person can pay attention to anger and turn away from evil pursuit. You tend to be deaf and blind to the truth, even now.

[Quote]Quote
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS. (Revelation 19:11-16)[/Quote]A liar wil never prosper, in the day of Judgment. Continue with your dilution.

[Quote]Behold the final destiny of all who oppose and reject Jesus as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords:
And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. (Revelation 19:20)
Almighty Heavenly Father; we your children say: Maranatha![/Quote]It would have been better if you wrote Maradonna in there, since anything goes for you. A man spoke syriac semitic language. You people turned everything to hebrew or Greek on him. Or Latin. Pitiful, I said.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:46pm On Nov 29, 2010
The Lord Christ

"And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ." (Colossians 3:23-24)

This is the only verse in the Bible where our Saviour is called "the Lord Christ."  Actually, His three primary names ("Lord," "Jesus," and "Christ") are combined in eight different ways in the New Testament.

"Jesus" was His human name, speaking especially of His mission as suffering Saviour.  "Christ," equivalent to the Hebrew "Messiah" (meaning "anointed"wink, speaks of His office as God's chosen King.  As "Lord" He is sovereign Creator and ruler of the universe; victorious over all enemies, even death itself.

"Lord Christ" is the only one of the combination forms of His name which omits the human name.  Apparently the reason is that, in this passage, the emphasis is altogether on His exalted position as sovereign Creator and eternal King and the seriousness of our service to Him.

Our service is to be rendered not to men--not even to the man Jesus in His perfect humanity--but to the Lord and the Christ--the Lord Christ, Creator of all things and King of kings.  "Your labour is not in vain in the Lord" (1 Corinthians 15:58) for He is "heir of all things" (Hebrews 1:2) and thus can dispense "the reward of the inheritance" to His faithful servants who are "joint-heirs with Christ" (Romans 8:17).  The inheritance is ours because of our position in Christ; the reward is given for service for the Lord.

Because of whom we serve, whatever we do should be done heartily!  This is the Greek word psuches, usually translated "soul," or "life," as well as "heart."  If there is anything we cannot in good conscience do with full heart to the Lord, then it should not be done at all.  HMM
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:46pm On Dec 06, 2010
aletheia:

^^
grin
Jesus is Lord

Amen! Either they like it or not every tongue shall confess and every knee shall bow to Jesus but it is up to them to choose to do so know or on the Judgment Day.

We've waited patiently for our friend nopuqeater who now wishes to be referred to as sweetnecta to come up with the qur'anic verse that he promised to produce. It is either he eats his humble pie or produce the facts. We would not just sweep this under the carpet and pretend that all is well.

Below are some quotes where he promised to accept that he was wrong and change camp if I could prove my claims to him from his qur'an but as you can see he has not followed through with his empty vows.

nopuqeater:

Show me a verse that Allah has "decided to mislead Muslims into hell". Just one verse from the Quran. Just one hadith. Either place you win. If not you are a complete loser.

And this was my response to his challenge:

"And We never sent a messenger save with the language of his folk, that he might make (the message) clear for them. Then Allah sendeth whom He will astray, and guideth whom He will. He is the Mighty, the Wise." -- Surah.14:4 you can also see Surah 6:39 and Surah 16:93 if you doubt it. Read it and come back to tell me who the loser is. wink

He came back with this lame challenge:

nopuqeater:

There is no part that says all Muslims will go to Hell. There are parts that says all non muslims will go to hell. And if you wager with me, I will return the wager. WHo ever is wrong, will go to the religion of the one who is correct. I will quote Quran for you, when you are ready. Please quote yours because I am ready. But you must accept my challenge first. Today is your day. Olaadegbu. You put up or forever shut up.

I had to remind him of the quranic verse that he seems to have forgotten or ignorant of:

It looks as if you don't even know what your quran, hadiths and sunnahs says. Look at Surah 19:70-72

Surah.19:70 (Asad) for, indeed, We know best as to which of them is most deserving of the fires of hell.

Surah 19:71 (Asad) And every one of you will come within sight of it: this is, with thy Sustainer, a decree that must be fulfilled.

Surah.19:72 (Asad) And once again: We shall save [from hell] those who have been conscious of Us; but We shall leave in it the evildoers, on their knees.

19:70 (Y. Ali) And certainly We know best those who are most worthy of being burned therein.

19:71 (Y. Ali) Not one of you but will pass over it: this is, with thy Lord, a Decree which must be accomplished.

19:72 (Y. Ali) But We shall save those who guarded against evil, and We shall leave the wrong-doers therein, (humbled) to their knees.

You can see from the highlighted sentence in verses 71 and 72 that allah has guaranteed that all of you will be in hell before he decides to rescue whom he will.

On this thread he was so sure that Muslims don't see or refer to Muhammad as Lord

Sweetnecta:

@Olaadegbu: Do you say God Messenger, God grant him salvation and bless all his family when you are talking about God? Whatever made a person called Muhammad (AS), his own lord, Muhammad (AS) is free from it. So are all muslims who do not call the Messenger (AS), lord. This freeing from it of Muhammad is exactly as the freeing from it of Jesus son of Mary (AS) of your calling him God, son of God.

I will advice you to use wisdom before present a matter to muslims about Islam.

And when I posted a Muslim sect that not only calls Muhammad lord but believes that he is part of the trinity, what was his response?

Let me give you another example of a Shiite muslim sect that are known as the Alawites (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alawite)

This is their confession of faith:

"I testify that there is no God but 'Ali ibn-Talib the one to be worshipped, no Veil but the lord Muhammad worthy to be praised, and no Gate but the Lord Salman al-Farisi the object of love".

source: http://www.shaikhsiddiqui.com/alawi.html

Come back and tell me Muslims don't believe in the trinity or are you going to say that this sect is not to be considered as Muslims undecided

Instead of him to eat his humble pie he went on to say that he is not a shiite

Sweetnecta:

@Olaadegbu: Read my post, above. I am not a shia. And if I were, there is no god but God Allah Who revealed Quran to His Messenger Muhammad (AS), and before revealed authentic, uncorrupted original Injil to Isa bin Maryam (AS), Sabur to Daud (AS) and Taurah to Musa (AS), and raised Messengers and Prophets from Adam (AS) and his progenies before Israel (AS), then from the branch of Israel many (AS0 and then from the branch of Ismail, Ismail (AS) before his nephew Israel, and ended the chain of Messenger and Prophet with a single link "Muhammad" (AS).

If only one person on earth belief in true Islam, such a person is the majority, far much and over the zillions who are disbelievers.

Maybe he believes that he is part of the one of the so called "73 Islamic sects" that will be rescued from hell if he is to discount what others believe is right. I went on to quote a prayer of a Sufi group in quote below:

If you are not Shia does that mean those that are Shittes are not bonafide Muslims? Why don't you go tell that to them in Iran and Iraq and see whether you will come back in one piece. shocked

Did you read their site I suggested to see what and who they believe is the trinity? Don't just think that what your Mullah teaches you is all there is to Islam, look out and see that there are other Islamic sects that are different from the one you were brought up with.

Here is another one for you to chew upon, a prayer from a Sufi group, "Signs of the Wali" from a Sufi published material :

(http://epress.anu.edu.au/islamic/wali/mobile_devices/index.html). Scroll down to chapter 8 section D where you will find "The Communal Congregation" and below in an excerpt of their prayers which addressess Muhammad as "Lord"

[list][list]Then please form an Intention (niyat).

In my prayer upon the Prophet, may the prayers and peace of Allah be upon him, I have willed to obey Your order, to believe in Your Prophet, to love him and yearn for him and glorify Your power. With Your favour and kindness, accept my prayer and clear the obscurity of my heart, and make me one of your worthy believers.

O God, pray upon our lord Muhammad, the illiterate Prophet, and upon his House and all his Companions

Let us recite the shalawat.

O God, Your full prayers and complete peace be upon our lord Muhammad through whom our troubles will be settled, our hour relieved, our needs fulfilled, our desires achieved, and our final hour gratified. His holy face will turn clouds into rain. Bless his House and Companions every moment, as many times as the number of everything known to you.

source once again: http://epress.anu.edu.au/islamic/wali/mobile_devices/ch08s04.html [/list][/list]

Do you want to tell me now that the Sufis are not genuine Muslims, that it is only your own brand of Islam is the real MCcoy? Are you also ready to go and wage Jihad against these infidels?

Until you blew him out of the water with the qur'anic verse you posted that he had no answers to and has not been able to furnish us with what he claims he believes is in his qur'an.

Jesus is Lord.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:32pm On Dec 06, 2010
The Godhead and the Christian

"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen." (2 Corinthians 13:14)

The doctrine of the triune God is unique to Christianity. There is only one God, yet three Persons--Father, Son, and Holy Spirit--each with His own distinct relation to mankind, yet each equally, fully, and eternally God. Although these truths are implicit throughout the New Testament, the doctrine of the Trinity is seldom, if ever, presented therein explicitly as a formal doctrine.

There are several passages, however, where all three Persons are mentioned in the same context, and each one deals with a significant aspect of the Christian life. There is, first of all, the provision of salvation, ". . . the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God" (Hebrews 9:14). Then follows regeneration. "And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father" (Galatians 4:6). Salvation and regeneration are then publicly testified in baptism "in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" (Matthew 28:19).

The chief resource of the believer is prayer, and this also involves all three Persons. "For through |Christ| we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father" (Ephesians 2:18). He must also continue to learn of Christ, and to bear witness of Him. "The Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, He shall teach you all things" (John 14:26). "The Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, He shall testify of me: And ye also shall bear witness" (John 15:26-27).

Finally, in the words of our text, we have eternal assurance in the triune God. "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen." HMM
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:35pm On Dec 06, 2010
"Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.  Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows." -- Psalm 45:6-7

[list]
[li]Who is the speaker here?[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]To whom? [/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Who is referred to here as God with a capital "G"?[/li]
[/list]
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by kolaoloye(m): 3:44pm On Dec 06, 2010
I pray for fresh anointing from above upon you.Your voice is meant for this generation.Fire on the Lord is with you.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 6:25pm On Dec 06, 2010
Both deluded persons.

Olaadegbu is drawing conclusion from an opaque position, sorry perspective.

Kola Oloyo is already under an Opaque.

Blind describing color with a hand gesture of pointing to a blind.

Both of you; miss road, oh yes. you miss road.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by aletheia(m): 12:48am On Dec 07, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus is Lord.
^^Indeed He is! God bless you, my brother:
Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. [1 Corinthians 12:3]
Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. [Revelation 1:7]
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Enigma(m): 1:36am On Dec 07, 2010
^^^  Seasonally appropriate too smiley

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lj48lYLIvs&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed>[/flash]

Lo He Comes with Clouds Descending (Best Tune = Helmsley)

http://nethymnal.org/htm/l/h/lhecomes.htm  (longer version)

Lo! He comes with clouds descending,
Once for favored sinners slain;
Thousand thousand saints attending,
Swell the triumph of His train:
Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
God appears on earth to reign.

Every eye shall now behold Him
Robed in dreadful majesty;
Those who set at naught and sold Him,
Pierced and nailed Him to the tree,
Deeply wailing, deeply wailing, deeply wailing,
Shall the true Messiah see.

The dear tokens of His passion
Still His dazzling body bears;
Cause of endless exultation
To His ransomed worshippers;
With what rapture, with what rapture, with what rapture
Gaze we on those glorious scars!

Yea, Amen! let all adore Thee,
High on Thine eternal throne;
Savior, take the power and glory,
Claim the kingdom for Thine own;
O come quickly! O come quickly! O come quickly!
Everlasting God, come down!
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Enigma(m): 9:14am On Dec 07, 2010
A vocal version ----- just because I can!  grin

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjn3fBTvBjY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed[/flash]
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Enigma(m): 10:14am On Dec 07, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08cGl44SWGM&feature=related

I really like this version/arrangement; pity it can't be embedded.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Bastage: 5:33pm On Dec 07, 2010
If there is a Heaven, what use is any god going to have for brain-dead drones like OLAADEGBU and co up there?
They'll make the place so boring, sanctimonious, tedious and arrogant, nobody will want to go there.
Perhaps the big guy will lock the gates before they arrive so as to keep the place clean and fresh.

I for one, will be laughing my socks off when they find that the only place which will take them will be their own hell.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:49am On Dec 08, 2010
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:00am On Dec 08, 2010
@Enigma and other faithful brethren who are looking forward to the coming of Christ,

Here is one of handel's young Messiah's rendition of "the trumpet shall sound"

The Trumpet Shall Sound

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SomxW_2JFI&border=1&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1[/flash]
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:11am On Dec 08, 2010
Worthy Is The Lamb/Hallelujah chorus -- The Brooklyn Tabernacle choir.

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YXtf7vtz3c&border=1&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1[/flash]
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:37am On Dec 08, 2010
Handel's Hallelujah Chorus.

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH52IKiTIlA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB[/flash]
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by aletheia(m): 6:29am On Dec 08, 2010
^Sweet melodious music. Praise Jesus who is Lord over all.

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord. [1 Corinthians 15:52-58]

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Is Cousins Marriage In Christianity Forbidden? / Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas / Family Of Francis Atsu Vondee Ebony's Bodyguard To Visit Shrine Over Son’s Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 192
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.