Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame (49789 Views)

Oladejo Lamikanra - Nigerian Lawyer Who Lied His Way To The Top / How Obasanjo Lied His Way To Heroism / Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by phreakabit(m): 2:49pm On Oct 19, 2010
^^^^ And shagging all those poor yoruba gals on campus back then!!!
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 19, 2010
guddsid:

BINGO

Look guys hate him or love him , he is a known figure in this world and you guys are just bitter suckers lol .

BILL CLINTON GAVE THE GUY HIS DUE RESPECT HERE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kF3UTxmjuU

Ohhh, ohhh, ohhh wait Philip Emegwali did some CGI effect to make a fake bill clinton right ? or Bill Clinton was bribed to make these statements ? ohhh, ohhh i get it Phillip Emeagwali used some VOODOO on Bill clinton right ?  grin

All you haters please do us a favor ,  shut the f, up and get busy ok ,

Bill Clinton came to Nigeria, wanted to say something nice about Nigerians in the U.S and someone found Emegwali's name for him. From that point on, the story took a life of it's own.
Emegwali kept milking the story to point where people started looking more deeply into what he did and realised his contributions were limited.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by OmoTier1(m): 2:51pm On Oct 19, 2010
Typical of uninformed Nigerians! Philip. E invented a unique technique which gave rise to a better understanding of how computers could communicate with each other in a unique way, hence the reason He is called ONE of the FATHERS of INTERNET.

The facts of who this man is and what He has acheived is available to any sane individual to verify! Infact, if you have been following journal articles of oil exploration, you would  have come across one of His inventions currently being used in simulation of deep sea water oil exploration, i.e. sub-sea plate movement and the likes!

Hate him or like him, the world of scientific computing and engineering ( where I belong) recognizes that this man is a GENIUS of a kind! If people claimed his achievments are all false, how come the government of Canada has a special pact with Philip. E. for him to come to Canada every year to give inspirational lecture to young canadains (mostly of African origin).

White supremist have tried and failed in their web campaign to get Philip's .E. image rubbished but like every good thing, when probed, it outshines and just keep shining!
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by bawomolo(m): 2:53pm On Oct 19, 2010
Omo_Tier1:

Typical of uninformed Nigerians! Philip. E invented a unique technique which gave rise to a better understanding of how computers could communicate with each other in a unique way, hence the reason He is called ONE of the FATHERS of INTERNET.

The facts of who this man is and what He has acheived is available to any sane individual to verify! Infact, if you have been following journal articles of oil exploration, you would  have come across one of His inventions currently being used in simulation of deep sea water oil exploration, i.e. sub-sea late movement and the likes!

Hate him or like him, the world of scientific computing and engineering ( where I belong) recognizes that this man is a GENIUS of a kind! If people claimed his achievments are all false, how come the government of Canada has a special pact with Philip. E. for him to come to Canada every year to give inspirational lecture to young canadains (mostly of African origin).

White supremist have tried and failed
in their web campaign to get Philip's .E. image rubbished but like every good thing, when probed, it outshines and just keep shining!

when all fails, scream racism or tribalism
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 19, 2010
So he's being taken to court?

You Nigerians are S.A.D. Instead of supporting your own people and making sure he's not being unjustifiably prosecuted, y'all are arguing about his tribe. WHAT A FCUXXING BIG SHAME THO.

I fear for una.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 19, 2010
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by bawomolo(m): 2:55pm On Oct 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

You Nigerians are S.A.D. Instead of supporting your own people and making sure he's not being unjustifiably prosecuted, y'all are arguing about his tribe. WHAT A FCUXXING BIG SHAME THO.

I fear for una.

no, he sued U of M and lost.   

i wonder why he has no publications nor does anyone cite his work. but he is the father of the internet
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 19, 2010
Carlosein:

Ok. But just consider for a second that in the light of our ability to verify claims such as the above (there is a list of nobel winners from the 1900s to date) and degrees can be checked out. don't you think he took a great 'risk'?

note that i neither endorse nor deny any party in this argument. just playing devils advocate grin
Plutarch:

Yeah bro,there is 4 peace too. I was just concerned wiv d one obtained via academic/professional distinction
Did he obtain a PHD or not  ? Yes or No
did he win NOBEL award as the type soyinka won ? Yes or No !
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by bkbabe97y(m): 2:58pm On Oct 19, 2010
Why is no one talking about the fact that this fraud doesnt have a single invention, no patents to his name, yet he spews all these lies about being an inventor!
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Jarus(m): 2:58pm On Oct 19, 2010
bawomolo:

NL politics section has gotten so bad to the point we can't make a claim without being accused of jealousy or tribalism.
This is really sickening. It's a pity things have gotten that bad.

And to think it was his Igbo brother, Duru something, that brought the issue in his column on Businessday a couple of weeks ago.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Afam4eva(m): 3:00pm On Oct 19, 2010
~Bluetooth:

And did he say he did. Yes or NO. If yes then post a link like i told you earlier.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Carlosein(m): 3:00pm On Oct 19, 2010
~Bluetooth:

From all indications, No.

But did he claim to have done so?
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by OmoTier1(m): 3:01pm On Oct 19, 2010
bawomolo:

when all fails, scream racism or tribalism

No one is screaming racism, it is a fact that white supremist carried out unalloyed campaign on the web to get Philip. E. rubbished but they ALL failed! Also, if you were smart you would have observed that apart from the court documents about his thesis, they have been unable to provide any evidence to support their claims that He lied his way to the top! Again CNN did an indepth analysis on Philip. E. and even the likes of Foxnews ran commentary about him when He was nominated for the prestigious and Highest US medal!

It is a shame that people like you try to bring down others simply because you have not been able to make any meaningful contribution to humanity! The world supercomputing recognizes this fellow. If only I could gain access to the old pdf document where the then IEE published his works in s special edition!
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by bkbabe97y(m): 3:02pm On Oct 19, 2010
Jarus:

This is really sickening. It's a pity things have gotten that bad.

And to think it was his Igbo brother, Duru something, that brought the issue in his column on Businessday a couple of weeks ago.

Some Ibo gal actually EXPOSED him a few years back. Yet, the Ibo warriors on here, as usual, blame the Yourbas for their problems!
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by ud4u: 3:02pm On Oct 19, 2010
One Nigeria, I hail una oooohhhhhh
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 19, 2010
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by OmoTier1(m): 3:05pm On Oct 19, 2010
I think ths thread answers the question raised by a concrned Nigerian on why fellow Nigerians in canada never seem to help each other? Most Nigerians are despirately wicked and always seek to bring others down thinking that is the only way in life to be at the tops! FYI, there is a better way to get to the top!
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by bawomolo(m): 3:06pm On Oct 19, 2010
Omo_Tier1:

No one is screaming racism, it is a fact that white supremist carried out unalloyed campaign on the web to get Philip. E. rubbished but they ALL failed! Also, if you were smart you would have observed that apart from the court documents about his thesis, they have been unable to provide any evidence to support their claims that He lied his way to the top! Again CNN did an indepth analysis on Philip. E. and even the likes of Foxnews ran commentary about him when He was nominated for the prestigious and Highest US medal!

It is a shame that people like you try to bring down others simply because you have not been able to make any meaningful contribution to humanity! The world supercomputing recognizes this fellow. If only I could gain access to the old pdf document where the then IEE published his works in s special edition!

when was this. please i would like to know

when was the father of the internet nominated for a congressional or presidential medal?

can you please tell me the name of this publication.  i have access to science journals from at least 20 years so it shouldn't be that hard to find out.
who is trying to bring him down?
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 19, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Some Ibo gal actually EXPOSED him a few years back. Yet, the Ibo warriors on here, as usual, blame the Yourbas for their problems!
If he never claimed to have a nobel prize, then what is all he hoopla about?

But if he continued to live in the limelight of someone who has a nobel prize and neve corrected a WHOLE nation, then he has to answer to that.

And where is tpia? She hasnt abused me in a week kiss kiss
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by bkbabe97y(m): 3:08pm On Oct 19, 2010
"Additionally, if Philip Emeagwali was criticized by whites for his claims of being a “father of the Internet,” that is not racism.  I am Igbo and I am criticizing him for his claims.  Does this make me a racist or someone who hates Philip Emeagwali?  No, absolutely not.  What it does make me is someone who has read the claims made by Philip Emeagwali, and was offended by his tendency to be disingenuous.  Persons, white or black, who are knowledgeable about how the Internet came into being would question Emeagwali’s claims and demand concrete proof of those claims.

As Africans, African-Americans, people of color, however we are characterized, we are, or have been, victims of racism.  To me, this is intolerable.  However, what I find even more heinous is when someone tries to gain our sympathy and support by crying “wolf.”  As the old Igbo song goes, nwa na ebe ọhụhọ ọhụhọ, onye ma mgbe eji egbu ya?"

-----Chioma Ezeilo M.Sc.

http://magazine.biafranigeriaworld.com/cezeilo/2003nov09.html
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I fear for una.

It's about the truth!! This is like EzeUche claiming he's married to you with four kids, just because you chat with him on Nairaland.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 19, 2010
Aigbofa:

It's about the truth!! This is like EzeUche claiming he's married to you with four kids, just because you chat with him on Nairaland.

But as a Nigerian, isn't it YOUR duty to find out if this whole shinanagan is true or false? Just because it's written in the newspaper does not mean t's writtenin stone.

This might be a mistake. Okay, so he's not a nobel prize winner, but has he not achieved other prostigeous awards?

Nigerians should be protecting each other's international image instead of ruining it. Because at the end, we all suffer.

What makes you think I'm not even carrying a child for him grin grin grin
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 19, 2010
http://emeagwali.com/

http://emeagwali.com/speeches/2009/Switzerland_April-17-2009/please-allow-me-to-introduce-myself_PHILIP-EMEAGWALI.pdf

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I was born in Nigeria and l have been living in the United States for the past 35 years. This is my first visit to Switzerland and it’s a pleasure to visit the city of Bern where Albert Einstein made his discoveries.
Einstein and I were war refugees that fled to the United States. Ten years ago, the United Nations
inducted both of us into its Gallery of Prominent Refugees. Einstein and I were refugee physicists who
improved upon the laws of motion first derived by Isaac Newton, 330 years ago.

attache by force - you know our brothers from the east love to claim black jews

People often ask me: “Why are you called one of fathers of the Internet?”
My answer is this: “In 1989, I programmed 65,536 processors or two-to-power-16 subcomputers to compute and communicate as one seamless 16-dimensional hypercube-as-an-internet unit—receiving and sending emails to 65,536 addresses, each a string of 16 zeroes and ones long—to solve 24 million equations each restating Newton’s Second Law of Motion at a speed of 3.1 billion calculations per second.
A 32-node, five-dimensional internet portion of the 65,536-subcomputers, 16-dimensional hypercube-as-an-internet programmed by Philip Emeagwali
Because it set three world records in 1989 it garnered international
headlines
and I the mathematical story teller became the story.

Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 19, 2010
http://philip-emeagwali.com/

thus obsession with self promotion does not bode well and is one of the clearest hall marks of a quack

geeks are celebrated by their colleagues, and not themselves

Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Ibime(m): 3:18pm On Oct 19, 2010
Nigerians are wicked people.

Its only because Emeagwali doesn't have Dr in front of his name that they downplay his achievements. It is ironic that the same PHD thesis that was rejected that was the same PHD thesis that won him the Gordon Bell prize.

Emeagwali never claimed anything he didn't achieve unless people lack comprehension. If I say Ibime won nobel prize of Nairaland, some punks would claim that Ibime said he won Nobel Prize gon gon.

I have studied parallel computing to a decent level, and I tell you that for Emeagwali to be recognised in one of the most highly advanced fields od mathematics is no mean achievement. Some people wey barely scrape Mass Communication degree from Lasu just dey here dey yarn opata.

If Emeagwali was granted the PHD (which he won award for), he would not have to blow his own trumpet. He would have access to research and funds and be able to co-publish work with other Drs and Profs in his field. His work will be quoted by all academics and he will be speaking in all the conferences. As it stands now, someone doing a PHD thesis cannot reference Emeagwalis work because PHD student should not be referencing anything less than PHD or Professional research paper. hehehehehe.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by playmode(m): 3:21pm On Oct 19, 2010
What I find unsettling is that with all the noise being made about this man being a fraud ,he has not come out to defend himself in anyway. Another thing that gives me concern is that he refers to himself as the father of the internet but what he invented has nothing to do with the creation of the internet. Does that not bother any one of you that a man who claims to be the father of the internet did not actually contribute to the creation of the internet. His invention had more to with oil exploration than the internet.

As Nigerians it is time we start being honest with ourselves. This man should come out and address all these allegations. He should stop referring to himself or allowing people to refer to him as the father of the internet. His invention did not contribute to the creation of the internet, infact he used the internet to create his invention.

Nigeria has a bad reputation worldwide and in recent days it has not got better, from the doping cases amongst our sportsmen in the commonwealth games to our representative to fifa asking for GBP500,000 on camera to switch votes. We are not trusted in the world the only way we can show the world that we can be trusted is to support genuine claims made by genuine people. I have no doubt that the professor is a genius but just like a typical Nigerian he has exaggerated his claims and now it has come back to hunt him.

For once let us stop being sentimental and blindly patriotic. Instead let us be completely honest and call a spade a spade. Let us stop the “follow follow” mentality and let each one of us research the claims this man has made and the claims made against him and reach our individual conclusions.

Shoot me if you don't like my comment.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by tkb417(m): 3:23pm On Oct 19, 2010
"Additionally, if Philip Emeagwali was criticized by whites for his claims of being a “father of the Internet,” that is not racism.  I am Igbo and I am criticizing him for his claims.  Does this make me a racist or someone who hates Philip Emeagwali?  No, absolutely not.  What it does make me is someone who has read the claims made by Philip Emeagwali, and was offended by his tendency to be disingenuous.  Persons, white or black, who are knowledgeable about how the Internet came into being would question Emeagwali’s claims and demand concrete proof of those claims.

As Africans, African-Americans, people of color, however we are characterized, we are, or have been, victims of racism.  To me, this is intolerable.  However, what I find even more heinous is when someone tries to gain our sympathy and support by crying “wolf.”  As the old Igbo song goes, nwa na ebe ọhụhọ ọhụhọ, onye ma mgbe eji egbu ya?"

-----Chioma Ezeilo M.Sc.
classic!!!!
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 19, 2010
playmode:

What I find unsettling is that with all the noise being made about this man being a fraud ,he has not come out to defend himself in anyway. Another thing that gives me concern is that he refers to himself as the father of the internet but what he invented has nothing to do with the creation of the internet. Does that not bother any one of you that a man who claims to be the father of the internet did not actually contribute to the creation of the internet. His invention had more to with oil exploration than the internet.

As Nigerians it is time we start being honest with ourselves. This man should come out and address all these allegations. He should stop referring to himself or allowing people to refer to him as the father of the internet. His invention did not contribute to the creation of the internet, infact he used the internet to create his invention.

Nigeria has a bad reputation worldwide and in recent days it has not got better, from the doping cases amongst our sportsmen in the commonwealth games to our representative to fifa asking for GBP500,000 on camera to switch votes. We are not trusted in the world the only way we can show the world that we can be trusted is to support genuine claims made by genuine people. I have no doubt that the professor is a genius but just like a typical Nigerian he has exaggerated his claims and now it has come back to hunt him.

For once let us stop being sentimental and blindly patriotic. Instead let us be completely honest and call a spade a spade. Let us stop the “follow follow” mentality and let each one of us research the claims this man has made and the claims made against him and reach our individual conclusions.

Shoot me if you don't like my comment.

Spot on!
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Carlosein(m): 3:24pm On Oct 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

If he never claimed to have a nobel prize, then what is all he hoopla about?

But if he continued to live in the limelight of someone who has a nobel prize and neve corrected a WHOLE nation, then he has to answer to that.

And where is tpia? She hasnt abused me in a week kiss kiss

the onus is on those crying 'fraud' to provide evidence of his claims. in my opinion, the guy would have to be a dullard to sue an established institution for not awarding him a degree, lose the suit and then expect to claim the award without any one finding out undecided
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 19, 2010
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-19285.0.html#msg581283

CNN has unknowingly aided one of the biggest intellectual frauds of the century. A self-proclaimed 'Father of the internet', Philip Emeagwali indicates on his website that this 'title' was given to him by CNN.

Nigerian professional engineers and scientists have been alarmed by the fraud perpetrated by the self-declared 'Dr.' Philip Emeagwali, who self-promotes himself as one of Africa's most talented scientists. The shame of this, is that, while the international scientific community treats Emeagwali with caution and 'near' disdain, journalists and non-scientists continue to laud him.
We understand that this fraud has been carried so far that he now has Nigerian stamps in his name (as he claims on his website), has been voted as one of the top 100 Africans of the last century amongst other honorable mention as the 'father of the internet'. The facts are however very different and can be verified independently.

1. Philip Emeagwali was NEVER awarded a PhD by the University of Michigan, because, apart from twice failing his doctorate examinations, he had his PhD dissertation declared unworthy of the award of a doctorate by both internal and external assesors.
Emeagwali usually resorts to a claim of racial bias against him, when challenged, and in the case of his PhD, sued the University, claiming racial bias. The suit was dismissed both by the court of first arbitration and later on appeal, for lacking any merit.

2. The 'so-called' achievements for which Philip Emeagwali shared a 1989 Gordon Bell prize with many other groups can, at best, be regarded as 'graduate level' scientific achievement and not the ground breaking work of a top scientist. Emeagwali has promoted this prize, which awarded him a paltry cash sum of $1,000, to be the equivalent of the Nobel Prize of computing. This is an insult to the achievement of Africa's foremost Nobel laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka. The 'real' computing 'Nobel Prize' is the $100,000 A.M.Turin Prize, which is awarded by the same ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) that awards the lesser Gordon Bell's prize.

3. Using the internet and his personal website, Philip Emeagwali has spread this falsehood about himself to the chagrin of the professional scientific community, such that any reference to him comes up with these false claims of excellence. The claims build up a 'chain-reaction' much like in a nuclear reactor, such that, over time they take on a life of their own, and even reputable organizations like CNN and President Bill Clinton are unable to unearth the massive deception being carried out. This is the equivalent of an intellectual 'pyramid-scheme'.

4. Mr. Emeagwali's claim to having carried out the fastest computations using parallel computing, is a bare-faced lie. In the same Gordon Bell's award, this prize was actually awarded to a team from Mobil whose computations were twice as fast as Emeagwali's and he actually received the award (in layman's terms) for the most economic use of high speed computing. The award to him was actually due to a technicality in the ACM award rules which disallows more than one award for each entry. The same Mobil team actually achieved a price efficiency of about 20% more than Emeagwali's.

5. Emeagwali promotes himself as having helped to develop supercomputing, but his only work of note was in the use of existing supercomputers to achieve a faster (not the fastest) speed.

6. Another bare-faced lie is the over 30 patents he is supposed to own. Unless these are unregistered (which begs the question of how they can be called patents), there are zero patents in his name with the USPTO (United States Patent and Trademark Office) from 1976 to date. He has been challenged several times to send information that can be used to verify any patents he holds and has refused to do so.

We all would be doing the world a great service by investigating further and exposing this falsehood.

There still seem to be people who are convinced that Emeagwali is a 'worthy ambassador' of Nigeria, so I will take pains to put more critical info at your disposal.

Before you read this, let me first debunk some of the usual attacks by Emeagwali fans (have been used on one of the earliest challengers of Emeagwali - Chioma Ezeilo).

1. Pull Him down - I have nothing to gain by this, as I think Nigeria needs authentic (please note my choice of words) heroes and role models. I was also an early admirer.

2. Not knowleadgeable - I am a theoretical physicist with over 22 years post-graduate teaching and working experience and have taught quantum mechanics, computational physics and nuclear physics at undergraduate and graduate level. I have been involved in oil reservoir modelling and simulation for the last ten years.

3. Misguided - I only act on facts that can be irrefutably established (something Emeagwali's fans seem to disregard).

4. White supremacist - I am black (and proud).

5. Tribalist - I am Ibo (from the same tribe as Emeagwali).

Nigeria, Africa and the black 'world' need authentic heroes and within the sciences we have many - Animalu, Balogun, Awele Maduemizia, Ade Amusa, Allotey, Chike Obi (and sons) and a host of other very honorable and less self-serving people. Emeagwali is NOT in the same class as these people.

Below are additional misrepresentations, half-truths and barefaced lies by Emeagwali and friends. I will continue to provide more information until this myth is debunked. This is my cross, and I will bear it with honour.

(a) In the 'Timeline' on his website, Emeagwali states the following: "1989 Emeagwali rejects Darcy's Law and develops nine equations that unifies Fillunger's equations and Newton's second law of motion and invents nine algorithms that
enable 65,536 cooperating processors to increase the amount of oil recovered".

This is another bare-faced lie. For any professional, the process for  'rejecting' a law, theorem or hypothesis is clear and requires no further enumeration here - there are no publications by Emeagwali related to Darcy's law, Newton's laws and, for that matter, any known law/s in the Sciences. How Emeagwali draws a relationship between the 'solving power and speed' of the work he did on supercomputers and the 'rejecting' or 'unification' of laws/ equations befuddles the mind. There are NO scholarly articles (except in Emegwali's mind) relating any work he has done to Fillunger's equations. All references to this achievement have been initiated by Emeagwali himself (please do an Internet check yourself) and, as is his usual style, picked up by some non-scientific media (e.g. Africa Source) and if not stopped now will take on a life of their own.

(b) Emeagwali also claims to have been an IEEE 'Distinguished visitor' and provides a link to the IEEE website - http://www.ieee.org/portal/site

A search (please select IEEE Ultraseek to avoid being transferred to an Emeagwali 'posting') on Emeagwali yields only one article (no conferences) and, as if this is not bad enough, authored by Emeagwali I. I cannot confirm this is Philip and suspect his usual games are being played here. Further, the advanced search indicates that 'Distinguished' and 'Emeagwali' cannot be used in the same sentence.

We ask that you judge his 'commercial' approach (selling mugs, T-shirts, clocks etc.) against any ethical standards of professional organizations you belong to.

from ugwumba
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 19, 2010
oyb:

http://philip-emeagwali.com/

thus obsession with self promotion does not bode well and is one of the[b] clearest hall marks of a quack
[/b]

geeks are celebrated by their colleagues, and not themselves

Self-acclaimed father of Internet. . . .just like the same way,Ekwueme acclaimed himself ''founder of PDP'' and ojukwu too ''founder of biafra''
is it a tribal thing or what ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

David Mark Wearing Neck POP. Joins Fayose And Olisah Metuh's Gang / A Nigerian Soldier Posted How They Eliminated Boko Haram Members (graphics) / Updated List Of 2019 Governors-Elect From Saturday, March 9 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.