Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame (49752 Views)

Oladejo Lamikanra - Nigerian Lawyer Who Lied His Way To The Top / How Obasanjo Lied His Way To Heroism / Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by slap1(m): 8:57pm On Oct 19, 2010
MrPrsdent:

lets watch champions league,while checking in from time-to-time on bad belle people  grin
Okwa ya sef? My Arsenal are making me proud for now.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by chyz(m): 8:57pm On Oct 19, 2010
~Bluetooth:

The whole is aware of it already. . .Filipu is a thief.

The Oba of Jealousy I has returned. Ke nmei grin.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 19, 2010
The sad thing is that, dude is trying to find a way to change things and ppl are trying to bring him down.
Reading and learning about him, he is not just an ordinary man, he's educated and very intelligent. I expected this hate from the Western World, not from Africans ourselves.

When did he claim to own a Nobel Prize? The question has been left unanswered.
So now, "The Father of Internet" = Nobel Prize? If ANYONE CAN GET ME A LINK TO WHERE HE CLAIMED TO BE A NOBEL PRIZE WINNER, then I'd stop posting.

If this was the case of EzeUche claiming to be rich and living under a bridge, I'd understand. We can burn and roast him alive.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by udezue(m): 9:02pm On Oct 19, 2010
Envious people. grin
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by bkbabe97y(m): 9:03pm On Oct 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

The sad thing is that, dude is trying to find a way to change things and ppl are trying to bring him down.
Reading and learning about him, he is not just an ordinary man, he's educated and very intelligent. I expected this hate from the Western World, not from Africans ourselves.

So now, "The Father of Internet" = Nobel Prize? If ANYONE CAN GET ME A LINK TO WHERE HE CLAIMED TO BE A NOBEL PRIZE WINNER, then I'd stop posting.

If this was the case of EzeUche claiming to be rich and living under a bridge, I'd understand. We can burn and roast him alive.

. . . .  Ezeuche got u puffing on that Sherm, huh? cus u aint even making sense no more!
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2010
chyz:

The Oba of Jealousy I has returned. Ke nmei grin.
Lol. . .Atleast we know that philip is a fraudster.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by slap1(m): 9:06pm On Oct 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I don't think any post you make will ever irritate me again for this. Thanks.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by chyz(m): 9:07pm On Oct 19, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Welcome back.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 19, 2010
"One of the great minds of the Information Age" - Bill Clinton (The White House)

Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by EzeUche0(m): 9:11pm On Oct 19, 2010
~Bluetooth:

BBC interviewed him a couple of months ago. Why would the major TV networks interview a fraud? And he has been to the White House on countless occasions.

Stop the jealousy.

We will not allow you all to peddle such LIES!
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 19, 2010
i remember when some fellow came on nl claimin he built a motorbike with his bare hands.

some people also belived him, even though he could not answer any questions

the website imho, says it all, it has only adulations for a prize  he won over 20 years ago

nothing about anything new he has done

he has no publications, no blog where he gists about stuff he's up to

charlatans are the people who ruin reputations of serious professionals

because of this man's antics, people will view future Nigerian physicists with suspicion

the guy comes of as a john fashanu - a prostitute blowing a mediocre achievement out of proportion because he knows there are gullible neophytes that will swallow it up
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by chyz(m): 9:18pm On Oct 19, 2010
oyb:

i remember when some fellow came on nl claimin he built a motorbike with his bare hands.

some people also belived him, even though he could not answer any questions

the website imho, says it all, it has only adulations for a prize  he won over 20 years ago

nothing about anything new he has done

he has no publications, no blog where he gists about stuff he's up to

charlatans are the people who ruin reputations of serious professionals

because of this man's antics, people will view future Nigerian physicists with suspicion

the guy comes of as a john fashanu - a love-peddler blowing a mediocre achievement out of proportion because he knows there are gullible neophytes that will swallow it up

You sound like an ex-lover or something.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by EzeUche0(m): 9:18pm On Oct 19, 2010
Blacks are there own worst enemy.

Suffering from the "crabs in a barrel mentality."

Whenever one black man does well, there will always be black people trying to drag him down.

This man is trying to make a difference, and news agencies have interviewed him over the years.

Yet, people still continue to call him a fraud. I'll trust BBC or CNN over you Nairaland "scholars."
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by chyz(m): 9:20pm On Oct 19, 2010
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by rhymz(m): 9:22pm On Oct 19, 2010
I am not a Phd holder or some exceptional genius myself but I shudder at the grammatical constructions of many contributors here that have made claims of studying to the doctoral level of their academic pursuit. . .na wa O. . .
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by PhysicsMHD(m): 9:22pm On Oct 19, 2010
DapoBear:

Point is very simple, guys. Suppose a guy with the same exact name as you is a serial despoiler somewhere. Won't you be the first one to expose the guy, make sure he gets locked up and make sure people don't confuse him for you? Phillip E is not calling himself an Igbo scientist. Or an African-American scientist. He is calling himself a NIGERIAN and African scientist! Do you not see how his lies reflect poorly on all Africans, and Nigerians especially? Jeez, it is very, very simple. Dunno why you guys want to reduce everything to some mystical persecution of Igbos, or something. I personally don't give a damn that he is Igbo, he could be Itsekiri. But as soon as he attaches "NIGERIA" to his name, I have to be concerned.

PhysicsMHD:

The Gordon Bell Award is in no way equivalent to the "Nobel Prize of computing". That distinction is reserved for the Turing Award. None of Emeagwali's research is of any relevance to anything significant in modern science.

There are Nigerians who have made actual contributions to science and yet numskulls here are defending this known fraud. The guy fooled you all. He couldn't make it academia so he pretended he was a superstar and made ludicrous amounts of money off of speaking engagements and got acclaim and praise for nothing.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by PhysicsMHD(m): 9:23pm On Oct 19, 2010
PhysicsMHD:

Emeagwali is a known fraud and it bothers me immensely that defenders of this charlatan, whether under the pretense of tribal solidarity, Nigerian nationalism, or black consciousness would dare to defend such an embarrassment to the extent that this thread could reach 9 pages.

Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by PhysicsMHD(m): 9:25pm On Oct 19, 2010
PhysicsMHD:

Emeagwali is a known fraud and it bothers me immensely that defenders of this charlatan, whether under the pretense of tribal solidarity, Nigerian nationalism, or black consciousness would dare to defend such an embarrassment to the extent that this thread could reach 9 pages.

Do I have to put this on a stamp and pound it on you people's foreheads? This is the reality.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 19, 2010
not all of us have such low self esteem that we will allow ourselves to be bamboozled

you lot are the kind of people who would have bought into abakili's scam as a matter of meaningless 'black pride'

anyway, they say a sucker is born every five minutes, good to see a congregation of them - better jet off to worship at the shrine of philip emegwali .com

i'm sure that ebony cover will inspire so many of you to do so much better
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by chyz(m): 9:26pm On Oct 19, 2010
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 19, 2010
EzeUche0:

BBC interviewed him a couple of months ago. Why would the major TV networks interview a fraud? And he has been to the White House on countless occasions.

Stop the jealousy.

We will not allow you all to peddle such LIES!
Me peddle lies ? You miss road. .am i the author of the report ? Fraud is fraud.the guy was never a doctor yet he is being address as one.he won Gordon bell award and called it NOBEL award.is that not fraud ?
chyz:

Welcome back.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by chyz(m): 9:30pm On Oct 19, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Me peddle lies ? You miss road. .am i the author of the report ? Fraud is fraud.the guy was never a doctor yet he is being address as one.he won Gordon bell award and called it NOBEL award.is that not fraud ?

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP2Wm-ChOU4[/flash]
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by jason12345: 9:30pm On Oct 19, 2010
EzeUche0:

Blacks are there own worst enemy.

Suffering from the "crabs in a barrel mentality."

Whenever one black man does well, there will always be black people trying to drag him down.

This man is trying to make a difference, and news agencies have interviewed him over the years.

Yet, people still continue to call him a fraud. I'll trust BBC or CNN over you Nairaland "scholars."
gbam
yes he is a fraudster or not, how do u people know that he is telling a lie, ah black people embarassed embarassed cry
so if this was done by the western world to undermine him what do u say
this man i respect and i know there is something to it that meet the eyes
ezeuche ur reply is perfect
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by JoeGaruba: 9:31pm On Oct 19, 2010
Nigerians are so gullible . Someone posts unsubstantiated claims and you all have your pants in a knot?

None issue. The guy is a fraud and it took sahara reporters essay to find out? You must want to be in the Guinness book of world record ad the dumbest human alive.
So Roo is going to Madrid
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 19, 2010
see as his acolytes have learnt from him - just as he has done, they are posting pictures rather than papers

notice that most of teh critics are people of a technical bent, while most of the supporters seem to think this is some sort of hello! shoot, where they refute queries by posting pictures

i hope you lot don't think this is how you will eventually make your mark in the world  undecided undecided
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by jason12345: 9:34pm On Oct 19, 2010
chyz:

[flash=300,300]
what is the meaning of "pride of igbo"  
why can't u say pride of nigeria
why igbo. have u seen any hausa or yoruba put pride of there culture in a policy forum
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 19, 2010
chyz:

[flash=300,300]

wetin we no go see?   cheesy cheesy cheesy

is it not the same tony that got uba into extra hot water and they had to pay a million dollar fine a few years back?
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by EzeUche0(m): 9:36pm On Oct 19, 2010
If BBC, CNN, FOX, NBC, MSNBC do not see him as a fraud, then he is definitely not a fraud. He has been vetted by these major news organizations.

Nairaland "scholars," do you feel that you all are more knowledgeable than these major news networks?
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by ochocinco1(m): 9:36pm On Oct 19, 2010
Please Igbo people in the house. Is the guy a fraud or not?

That is the question.

I want to stop peddling the guy as
a success story before I set myself up for unnecessary embarrassment.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by ochocinco1(m): 9:38pm On Oct 19, 2010
EzeUche0:

If BBC, CNN, FOX, NBC, MSNBC do not see him as a fraud, then he is definitely not a fraud. He has been vetted by these major news organizations.

Nairaland "scholars," do you feel that you all are more knowledgeable than these major news networks?

I wouldn't be too hasty about the thoroughness of these news organisations. Is that the reason why you think he is not a fraud?
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by chyz(m): 9:39pm On Oct 19, 2010
jason12345:

what is the meaning of "pride of igbo"  
why can't u say pride of nigeria
why igbo. have u seen any hausa or yoruba put pride of there culture in a policy forum

I don't care what the hausa or yoruba do or don't do for themselves. Thats their business.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by EzeUche0(m): 9:39pm On Oct 19, 2010
ocho cinco:

I wouldn't be too hasty about the thoroughness of these news organisations. Is that the reason why you think  he is not a fraud?

That is not the only reason, why I do not consider him as a fraud. The man has been invited to the White House and he has met with other head's of state.

No other scholars have come out against him except Nigerians! That speaks volumes. A black man can't do anything without another black man trying to bring him down. Sad but true.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (25) (Reply)

Soldiers Treat A Civilian Like An Animal In Nasarawa State (Photo) / Chidiogo Akunyili & Andrew David Parr In Nigeria For Wedding (Traditional, White / Bashir El-Rufai Tweets About Tinubu And El-Rufai's Alliance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.