Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame (49747 Views)

Oladejo Lamikanra - Nigerian Lawyer Who Lied His Way To The Top / How Obasanjo Lied His Way To Heroism / Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by OmoTier1(m): 4:50pm On Oct 19, 2010
bawomolo:

how is his invention a novel one if it has being allegedly applied to study global warming?   i wonder why he didnt patent this invention either. maybe he believes in open source or fake sauce grin

between i still can't find the UofM today article you spoke of

You know nothing about how you patent works of invention especially if it is in a new field. I may not know why He did not patent many of his inventions but I sure know one thing that if Philip's invention were false, the US security agencies have the tools to get him nailed and put behind the bars, yet this blessed fellow of ours is the delight of powerful minds and committees in the world of supercomputing and super advanced computational mathematics!

As somene already said " Falsehood only ast for a while, Truth exist forever", Time shall justify or condem Philip. E.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by PeeDaVinci: 4:53pm On Oct 19, 2010
Ibime:

@ Tkb,

Thunder fire your nyash! Hehehehehe.

@ Peedavinci,

How many undergrad dissertations did you reference in your PHD thesis. Ingrate! Hehehehehe.

BTW, I'm not disputing your claim. Its just not usually done to quote Undergrad when you're doing a postgrad. Of course there may be exceptional pieces of work worth referencing such as your own thesis which has been referenced by Stephen Hawkings and the like. Anofia! Hehehehehehe.

Mr Ibime -  just want to provide you links to the undergrad thesis of the two students I worked with during an exchange program.

http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1490299.1490857
http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&q=sorin+stancu-mara&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=ws
You should be able to see the number of citation they have received and the people who cited them
Just try and google the names of people who have cited their thesis (to see  whether they are fellow undergrad or Profs). These two are just examples out of thousands that happens everyday.
Not going to draw issues with a you anymore about this, okay??
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by mbulela: 4:55pm On Oct 19, 2010
Having access to a license for SciFinder, a piece of software that allows one to see all published scientific work from every corner of the globe since the beginning of the 20th century, this writer did a search with the name "Emeagwali." Just four results were obtained, all in reference to the work of Dale Emeagwali, who happens to be Philip Emeagwali's wife, a scientist herself. What this means is that Philip Emeagwali has no published scientific work in peer-reviewed journals. Yet on his website, he is called the "greatest scientist of African descent."
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by papabaks(m): 4:57pm On Oct 19, 2010
"Additionally, if Philip Emeagwali was criticized by whites for his claims of being a “father of the Internet,” that is not racism.  I am Igbo and I am criticizing him for his claims.  Does this make me a racist or someone who hates Philip Emeagwali?  No, absolutely not.  What it does make me is someone who has read the claims made by Philip Emeagwali, and was offended by his tendency to be disingenuous.  Persons, white or black, who are knowledgeable about how the Internet came into being would question Emeagwali’s claims and demand concrete proof of those claims.

As Africans, African-Americans, people of color, however we are characterized, we are, or have been, victims of racism.  To me, this is intolerable.  However, what I find even more heinous is when someone tries to gain our sympathy and support by crying “wolf.”  As the old Igbo song goes, nwa na ebe ọhụhọ ọhụhọ, onye ma mgbe eji egbu ya?"

-----Chioma Ezeilo M.Sc.

Philip is a man of GOOD INTEGRITY, either we like it or not PHILIP has contributed something into bring INTERNET into lime light. He work so hard to make his name known despite the fact that He is a black and most white will never want his name to be recognize with His good works.

The guy is an HERO.

You critics should sit down their and be condemning a man that has put His name in the world map through the work of his hands.

You better go find work to do,

1 Like

Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 19, 2010
PeeDaVinci:

Mr Ibime -  just want to provide you links to the undergrad thesis of the two students (Sorin Stancu-Mara, and Constantin Jucovschi) I worked with during an exchange program.

http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1490299.1490857
http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&q=sorin+stancu-mara&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=ws
You should be able to see the number of citation they have received and the people who cited them
Just try and google the names of people who have cited their thesis (to see  whether they are fellow undergrad or Profs). These two are just examples out of thousands that happens everyday.
Not going to draw issues with a you anymore about this, okay??
Mr Man, you honestly need to quit yanning.
The above links prove absolutely nothing.

The arguement here is a Phd or a Professor referencing an undergraduate or masters student.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by slap1(m): 5:17pm On Oct 19, 2010
Emeagwali lied his way to fame. Ok. Why is he still enjoying the fame and even getting more famous? Times Magazine called him the Bill Gates of Africa. Were they blind? The Gordon Bell prize is regarded as the Nobel prize in supercomputing, not for super-lying. If you are posting a link, don't post links to articles, post links to interviews with Emeagwali.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by PeeDaVinci: 5:19pm On Oct 19, 2010
@Omo Ibo: you dont know what is happening in scientic community, so, shut up.  Anyway, under the links I provided, you will find the students work (published by IEEE) and then, you will see something like "cited by". find the names of people who cited them and see who they are. FYI, Profs are among people who cited them. By the way, before you start saying shits, how many scientific conferences have you attended before, how many scientific papers have you ever published before? are u a grad, av u stepped out of the shores of that country for anything academic before ? i am not here to insult you, but just take it. Anybody can reference anybody inasmuch as you have it published.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 19, 2010
PeeDaVinci:

@Omo Ibo: you dont know what is happening in scientic community, so, shut up.  Anyway, under the links I provided, you will find the students work (published by IEEE) and then, you will see something like "cited by". find the names of people who cited them and see who they are. FYI, Profs are among people who cited them. By the way, before you start saying shits, how many scientific conference[/b]s [b]have you attended before, how many scientific papers have you ever published before? are u a grad, av u stepped out of the shores of that country for anything academic before ? i am not here to insult you, but just take it. Anybody can reference anybody inasmuch as you have it published.
How cheeky eh?? LOL

Dude, i'm not sure what university you attended and what calibre of Doctors and Professors you deal(t) with.

A PhD/Professor referencing an undergraduate is unheard of.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 19, 2010
Nigeriasns sha.

Even ppl on this thread dey claim PhD, yet they write with the common intellect of a burger flipper.

@all

Nigerians I weep for you, always trying to bring each other down. What happened to "Black Power" or "One Africa" talkless of ppl occupying the same country.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 19, 2010
OMO IBO:

How cheeky eh?? LOL

Dude, i'm not sure what university you attended and what calibre of Doctors and Professors you deal(t) with.

A PhD/Professor referencing an undergraduate is unheard of.

If such should happen,then it's a sign of end time.anyways,you get to hear a lot of crap online these days.just like the other one id!ot was telling me a first degree holder don't need a masters' degree to applied to study PHD in any course.I couldn't stopped lol.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Hauwa1: 5:50pm On Oct 19, 2010
why are fashing burger flippers, they go to night school.

ore mi oremis, how are you. mo ti miss e gan gan

Ileke-IdI:

Nigeriasns sha.

Even ppl on this thread dey claim PhD, yet they write with the common intellect of a burger flipper.

@all

Nigerians I weep for you, always trying to bring each other down. What happened to "Black Power" or "One Africa" talkless of ppl occupying the same country.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by konami001: 5:52pm On Oct 19, 2010
This thread should be closed, killed, thrashed, fueled and burnt, All you black skunks including sahara reports should find something useful to do with the remainder of your miserables lives, back biting bed bugs, IGNORANT EMBEZZLING CORRUPT BLACK BACKWARD MONKEYS SUCKERS, SKUNKS CANT INVENT ANYTHING GOOD BUT HAVE DECIDED TO INVENT EMEAGWALI AS FRAUD, If the man na really fraud, garri wey cover una eyes go let una see am, oya make all of una leave this thread and head over to una thief Senior broda Ibori thread, before i open my eyes now, or else, fire burn,
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 19, 2010
*Hauwa*:

why are fashing burger flippers, they go to night school.

ore mi oremis, how are you. mo ti miss e gan gan

Hehhe, how many of them goes to night school?
emi na ti miss e gan na kiss kiss kiss

I saw your comment on the GOODBYE AMERICA, WELCOME NIGERIA thread. Mo fe ko moh pe ara e lo n tan. Wa shi pada wa "sile". Ile kan ni awa moh wink
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by hercules07: 5:59pm On Oct 19, 2010
Radia Perlman is regarded as the mother of the internet, she invented spanning-tree algorithm, link state protocols and has many patents that can be verified, yet Emeagwali calls himself the father of the internet and I have never seen his name in any of the RFCs that have been released.
I am sure a lot of people here do not know who Radia Perlman is, probably because she does not self promote. Anybody interested in networking should please read her book, the woman hot no be small.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Nigeriasns sha.

@all

It has nothing to do with bringing him down.we just dont want fraudster to represent Africa or Nigeria !
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by slap1(m): 6:38pm On Oct 19, 2010
Why does the BBC and other international news company keep going to him for interviews for their technology stories if he is a fraud?
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Bawss1(m): 6:44pm On Oct 19, 2010
slap1:

Why does the BBC and other international news company keep going to him for interviews for their technology stories if he is a fraud?

What recent interview has BBC or other international news company given him lately?
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by UyiIredia(m): 6:44pm On Oct 19, 2010
typical of Nigerians >>> we never appreciate our own >>> As Zik, The Great said at Mbadiwe's funeral

[center]>>>Africa kills her leaders<<<[/center]
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by andyanders: 6:59pm On Oct 19, 2010
THE WRITER IS WRONG. YOU DON'T KNOW THE HISTORY OF PHILIP EMEAGWALI. FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, CLINTON RECOGNIZED HIM AND LISTEN, YOU CANNOT CARRY OUT SUCH SCIENTIFIC DESCOVERY IN AMERICA WITHOUT BEING TESTED ONLY TO BE DECLARED AND GIVEN A NOBLE AWARD WITHOUT BEIGN REAL, YOU WILL BE DISCOVERED TO BE FALSE BEFORE THE AWARD.
I LEAVED MY LIFE IN THE USA AND STUDIED TEHRE. SO, LET US START SAYING THINGS SEEING THINGS RIGHT AND NOT THE WAY PEOPLE COME ONLINE TO PUT UP WRITE-UP
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by bkbabe97y(m): 7:04pm On Oct 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Nigeriasns sha.

@all

Why dont you just shut up? So, a fraud should be celebrated cus he's from your Country?

If u dont have nothing better than the rubbish u keep posting on this topic (in a desperate bid to sound neutral and be loved by the Ibos)
I advise u to return with me to Se*xuality section so we can keep talking nasty ish, cus clearly issues of intelligence just aint ur forte!
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by bkbabe97y(m): 7:07pm On Oct 19, 2010
Omo_Tier1:

I may not know why He did not patent many of his inventions

Wrong! He did not patent ANY of his "inventions"! Why?

Cause ur boy aint invent jack!
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Afam4eva(m): 7:09pm On Oct 19, 2010
The only thing i'm requesting from all the Anti-Emeagwali crusaders is to post a link where he said he got a Nobel prize or that he got a PHD. Tribal scums like bluetooth, Aigbofa, Tewmuch, Bawomolo or whatever will stop at nothing to see anything Igbo fall to the ground. Shame on you all.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 19, 2010
Question: Did Mungo Park discover the river Niger?
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Afam4eva(m): 7:11pm On Oct 19, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Cause your boy aint invent jack!

He didn't invent anything yet we're arguing about him. How did he manage to get a Gordon prize. Ya'll have to be kidding me.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 19, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Why dont you just shut up? So, a fraud should be celebrated cus he's from your Country?

If u dont have nothing better than the rubbish u keep posting on this topic (in a desperate bid to sound neutral and be loved by the Ibos)
I advise u to return with me to Se*xuality section so we can keep talking nasty ish, cus clearly issues of intelligence just aint your forte!

Neutral and loved by who? Oh puhlzzz.
Nigerians that cant even love themselves can love others?

My point is, instead of being overjoyed and ready to castigate one of AFRICA's own prestigious man, why can't we question the motives behind this new discovery, find out if saharareporters are right or wrong. Since the newspaper is not known for its credibility.

And from what I heard on this thread;

1. He never claimed to own a Nobel Prize, OR CAN YOU PROOF OTHERWISE?

2. The Gordon Bell award in supercomputing which he was awarded is equivalent to the Nobel prize.

So what exactly is all the hoopla? Anywayz, am not going through this with you, we all know how ecstatic you are when you read the news.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by DapoBear(m): 7:12pm On Oct 19, 2010
Sigh, if we can have a guy like this who is clearly a fraud, and some are rallying behind him because of ethnicity or skin color, how on earth will corruption ever cease in Nigeria? Any crooked politician can steal billions and then accuse those who go after him of being tribal bigots.

Smh.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Afam4eva(m): 7:13pm On Oct 19, 2010
DapoBear:

Sigh, if we can have a guy like this who is clearly a fraud, and some are rallying behind him because of ethnicity or skin color, how on earth will corruption ever cease in Nigeria? Any crooked politician can steal billions and then accuse those who go after him of being tribal bigots.

Smh.

I will believe you only if you show me an evidence. Don't be a FOOL like your peers.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 19, 2010
And it's hard for Nigerians to support each other when you have one part claiming jealousy and tribalism.

Everything is about reaction.

The good Nigerians keep doing their thing.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by bkbabe97y(m): 7:17pm On Oct 19, 2010
Omo_Tier1:

I may not know why He did not patent many of his inventions

Cause ur boy aint invent jack!

Omo_Tier1:

I sure know one thing that if Philip's invention were false, the US security agencies have the tools to get him nailed and put behind the bars,

And what would these Phantom U.S security Agents of yours charge him with? "Mouthing Off to the State"? Oh, maybe the charge of"Deceiving gullible Nigerians" would be more apt in a case like this?!?

Omo_Tier1:

As somene already said " Falsehood only ast for a while, Truth exist forever", Time shall justify or condem Philip. E.

With "Blind-to-the-truth" folks like you the truth will be covered forever!
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 19, 2010
Question: Has Emeagwali been sued or indicted for any perceived falsehood

If NO,why dont SaharaReporters/the faceless writers or some of you here do so,and then maybe i will take you seriously
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by bkbabe97y(m): 7:20pm On Oct 19, 2010
afam4eva:

I will believe you only if you show me an evidence. Don't be a FOOL like your peers.

And dont be a deceit like ur hero:

SHOW US ONE PROOF THAT HE DESIGNED EVEN A "FART"!

Lying mongrels!
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by UyiIredia(m): 7:22pm On Oct 19, 2010
bk.babe97y:

And dont be a deceit like your hero:

SHOW US ONE PROOF THAT HE DESIGNED EVEN A "FART"!

Lying mongrels!

first i saw u comment >>> SMH at how facile they are  undecided
checked your profile >>> at 26 u 'talk' like this  undecided

u haven't contributed meaningfully (from what i gather) >>> u can redeem yourself by starting now
and when u do state your case clearly & with relevant links >>> which'll suffice as evidence

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Nigerian In Finland Speaks On Simon Ekpa's Arrest (Video) / Boko Haram Agree To Release All 219 Chibok Girls / Buhari Nominates Anthony Ojukwu As NHRC Boss, Writes Senate For Approval

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.