Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,009 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame (49749 Views)

Oladejo Lamikanra - Nigerian Lawyer Who Lied His Way To The Top / How Obasanjo Lied His Way To Heroism / Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by bkbabe97y(m): 7:23pm On Oct 19, 2010
MrPrsdent:

Question: Has Emeagwali been sued or indicted for any perceived falsehood

If NO,why dont SaharaReporters/the faceless writers or some of you here do so,and then maybe i will take you seriously

Dummy u think this is Africa where theres no law?

Sue him on what grounds? Ur initial motion wont even make it past the Court Clerk's secretary's desk; from there to the trash can.
Even ur hero tried to sue. . . . see what happenned to him?!
Exactly!
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by DapoBear(m): 7:24pm On Oct 19, 2010
afam4eva:

I will believe you only if you show me an evidence. Don't be a FOOL like your peers.

What type of fake PhD has no publications in real journals? I googled and didn't find any papers written by him. Google for yourself, nothing comes up. He is a fraud. These days everything is archived online, so if I google your name I should be able to find at least one paper you've written.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Afam4eva(m): 7:26pm On Oct 19, 2010
DapoBear:

What type of fake PhD has no publications in real journals? I googled and didn't find any papers written by him. Google for yourself, nothing comes up. He is a fraud. These days everything is archived online, so if I google your name I should be able to find at least one paper you've written.

Jeez, you understand english at all. Abeg tell us where emeagwali claim say him get PHD.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by omofat: 7:28pm On Oct 19, 2010
There is no nobel prize for computing. Closest there is would be the turing prize.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by bankol18(m): 7:30pm On Oct 19, 2010
the poster of this preposterous bullshit and his/her supporters can GO TO HELL AND BURN TO ASHES WTF? Emeagwali remains an indisputably high-profile hero and is even recognized as such by folks here in the United states! at least my friends here attended some of his lectures and were held spellbound by his awesome intelligence and analytical prowess especially with the computer and the cyber world in general. (FYI HIS ARCHIVE OF ACHIEVEMENTS ARE RIGHT IN OUR UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES AND ACCESIBLE FOR RESEARCH) AND Bleep OFF HATERS! University of Berkeley, California.[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by DapoBear(m): 7:31pm On Oct 19, 2010
afam4eva:

Jeez, you understand english at all. Abeg tell us where emeagwali claim say him get PHD.

Well, it is sure going to be hard to refute his claims, since as the article points out he never directly claims them. People call him Professor, Dr, but he doesn't correct them. So yes, you are correct, he never technically claimed to be a PhD. Nevertheless, he is still a 419er for letting people call him that.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by babapupa: 7:32pm On Oct 19, 2010
What's the big deal here, is it not  a known fact that dude is a fraudster/419?
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by TewMuch: 7:32pm On Oct 19, 2010
bankol18:

the poster of this preposterous bullshit and his/her supporters can GO TO HELL AND BURN TO ASHES WTF? Emeagwali remains an indisputably high-profile hero and is even recognized as such by folks here in the United states! at least my friends here attended some of his lectures and were held spellbound by his awesome intelligence and analytical prowess especially with the computer and the cyber world in general. (FYI HIS ARCHIVE OF ACHIEVEMENTS ARE RIGHT IN OUR UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES AND ACCESIBLE FOR RESEARCH) AND bleep OFF HATERS! University of Berkeley, California.[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]

Check again if they are still there. I am sure we would have been able to access it online if it was. Also, you can do us the favor of providing us with it. From what i have read about this issue the guy misrepresented himself. Simple.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by bkbabe97y(m): 7:32pm On Oct 19, 2010
Uyi Iredia:

first i saw u comment >>> SMH at how facile they are  undecided
checked your profile >>> at 26 u 'talk' like this  undecided

u haven't contributed meaningfully (from what i gather) >>> u can redeem yourself by starting now
and when u do state your case clearly & with relevant links >>> which'll suffice as evidence

Thanks a lot! Was gonna reply u with an essay then realized ur location. . . . .

Out here we got something called a "Patent Office", if u invent anything, no matter how little, theres a record kept in this office.

Your hero, allegedly, has invented numerous objects yet his name cannot be found anywhere in this darling, record-keeping office of ours. . . . .

WHY?
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 19, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Sue him on what grounds? your initial motion wont even make it past the Court Clerk's secretary's desk; from there to the trash can.
Even your hero tried to sue. . . . see what happenned to him?!
Exactly!

then why are you spending sleepless nights bad-belleing?? grin

If the dude committed no crimes,why are you guys so envious that you want to pull him down,

Anyway,the publicity would probably help him grow further  cheesy
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Afam4eva(m): 7:36pm On Oct 19, 2010
DapoBear:

Well, it is sure going to be hard to refute his claims, since as the article points out he never directly claims them. People call him Professor, Dr, but he doesn't correct them. So yes, you are correct, he never technically claimed to be a PhD. Nevertheless, he is still a 419er for letting people call him that.

You are the biggest FOOL i've met on nairaland yet. Thank God you have no proof so just shut your hell hole.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by bankol18(m): 7:37pm On Oct 19, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Sue him on what grounds? your initial motion wont even make it past the Court Clerk's secretary's desk; from there to the trash can.
Even your hero tried to sue. . . . see what happenned to him?!
Exactly!
slowpoke u dey Brooklyn for DONKEY YEARS wetin u achieve sef cuz judging by ur creepy pic u only reflect a crack-headed schizophernic slowpoke posing with bar-stripper. @ bk/babeFAG[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by DapoBear(m): 7:39pm On Oct 19, 2010
afam4eva:

You are the biggest FOOL i've met on nairaland yet. Thank God you have no proof so just shut your hell hole.

Na him be your papa? Relax, it ain't that serious. Unless you are financially profiting from his fraud, then you shouldn't take it so personally.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by UyiIredia(m): 7:39pm On Oct 19, 2010
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 19, 2010
It's hard to say who invented the Internet. There were many mathematicians and scientists who contributed to its development; computers were sending signals to each other as early as the 1950s. But the Web owes much of its existence to Philip Emeagwali, a math whiz who came up with the formula for allowing a large number of computers to communicate at once.

The crux of the discovery was that Emeagwali had programmed each of the microprocessors to talk to six neighboring microprocessors at the same time.

The success of this record-breaking experiment meant that there was now a practical and inexpensive way to use machines like this to speak to each other all over the world. Within a few years, the oil industry had seized upon this idea, then called the Hyperball International Network creating a virtual world wide web of ultrafast digital communication.

The discovery earned him the Institute of Electronics and Electrical Engineers' Gordon Bell Prize in 1989, considered the Nobel Prize of computing, and he was later hailed as one of the fathers of the Internet. Since then, he has won more than 100 prizes for his work and Apple computer has used his microprocessor technology in their Power Mac G4 model.

http://www.time.com/time/2007/blackhistmth/bios/04.html
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by bawomolo(m): 7:40pm On Oct 19, 2010
If such should happen,then it's a sign of end time.anyways,you get to hear a lot of crap online these days.just like the other one id!ot was telling me a first degree holder don't need a masters' degree to applied to study PHD in any course.I couldn't stopped lol.

ummm some phd programs do take bachelor degree holders. it just takes longer for them to get their doctorate

he has won more than 100 prizes for his work and Apple computer has used his microprocessor technology in their Power Mac G4 model.

what are these prizes?
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Afam4eva(m): 7:41pm On Oct 19, 2010
DapoBear:

Na him be your papa? Relax, it ain't that serious. Unless you are financially profiting from his fraud, then you shouldn't take it so personally.

At least i have no reason to discredit him.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 19, 2010
bankol18:

slowpoke u dey Brooklyn for DONKEY YEARS wetin u achieve sef cuz judging by your creepy pic u only reflect a crack-headed schizophernic slowpoke posing with bar-stripper. @ bk/babeFAG[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]

dont mind the half-wit

when Emeagwali was his age,Emeagwali had already achieved all he(bk.babe) would ever achieve in 20 lifetimes

and thats saying it kindly
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by bkbabe97y(m): 7:44pm On Oct 19, 2010
bankol18:

slowpoke u dey Brooklyn for DONKEY YEARS wetin u achieve sef cuz judging by your creepy pic u only reflect a crack-headed schizophernic slowpoke posing with bar-stripper. @ bk/babeFAG[/color][color=#990000][/color]

Ah, die hard fans of a fraud are crumbling like a pack 'o cards!

bankol18:

cuz judging by your creepy pic u only reflect a crack-headed schizophernic slowpoke posing with bar-stripper. @ [color=#770077]bk/babeFAG[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]

Are u this dumb? My profile pic is of a Primate (waaay better looking than u) puffing on some nice cali green. . . .

Whered u get the other shiyyt ur rambling on about?
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by DapoBear(m): 7:46pm On Oct 19, 2010
bawomolo:

ummm some phd programs do take bachelor degree holders. it just takes longer for them to get their doctorate

what are these prizes?

Indeed. At many schools you can apply for a MS/PhD program, where you earn both. a MS is not a prerequisite for gaining admission to a PhD program, at least in the areas which I am familiar with.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by bkbabe97y(m): 7:49pm On Oct 19, 2010
MrPrsdent:

dont mind the half-wit

when Emeagwali was his age,Emeagwali had already achieved all he(bk.babe) would ever achieve in 20 lifetimes

and thats saying it kindly

Riiiiigggght! Dude, ure in New York, I'm gonna leave Europe in a few days; I should be back home in NY by next Thursday. We can meet in any place of ur choosing, I invite u to spend 6 hours hanging with me. If u dont contemplate suicide after witnessing a lifestyle that u never imagined existed, feel free to come on NL and bash me every which way possible!
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by TewMuch: 7:54pm On Oct 19, 2010
Intellectual Fraud: Crisis Allegedly Rocks “Philip Emeagwali Myths”—Reports
20 September 2010 written by Republic Report New York 336 views View Comments
Intellectual Fraud: Crisis Allegedly Rocks “Philip Emeagwali Myths”—Reports

New York [RR] New York—supercomputing applications, faster speed measured by mega-capacities makes the global community much smaller more than any other time in human history, so is the speed of accessibilites of informations, RepublicReport has gathered.

Recently, there have been intellectual pundits trading claims and counter-claims of alleged discussion of one Emeagwali’s academic credentials, which others call out as intellectual jealousy and envy, others say, “the man is an intellectual fraud”. Reports say, purported intellectual observers like Chioma Ezeilo which others declared as intellectual competitors sees Emeagwali academic record, simply:  “pack of lies, half-truths, self-promotional and self-authentication”, RR has learnt.

Read more…

This page briefly addresses some specific claims appearing on Emeagwali’s self-promotional website and elsewhere. For a more in-depth discussion of Emeagwali’s “outright lies, half-truths, and numerous unsubstantiated claims,” see the article Self-Promotion and Self-Authentication: “Father of the Internet” by Chioma Ezeilo.
[size=14pt]MYTH #1:
Emeagwali made the “world’s fastest computation” in 1989
[/size]
Each year since 1987, the judges for the annual Gordon Bell competition have given out multiple prizes for supercomputing applications, usually including one for performance (fastest speed), and one for price/performance (best speed/cost ratio; specifically, “price-performance ratio as measured in megaflop/s per dollar on a genuine application”).
Despite what you may have read on the Internet, the 1989 prize for the fastest performance was awarded not to Emeagwali, but to another entrant:

In the performance category, we awarded the prize to a team from Mobil Research and Development and Thinking Machines Corp. [, ] Their solution of a seismic data-processing problem ran at almost 6 Gflops on a CM-2 Connection Machine.

“Special Report: 1989 Gordon Bell Prize,” IEEE Software, May 1990, p. 101

The winning speed of 6 Gflops was almost double that of Emeagwali’s entry (3.1 Gflops, a speed that Emeagwali has repeatedly misrepresented as the “world’s fastest”). The Mobil/TMC team achieved the best price-performance ratio too, but since no entry was allowed more than one prize, the price/performance award passed to Emeagwali (who also used a CM-2 Connection Machine) even though his score in that category was about 20% worse than the leading score:

We awarded the price/performance prize to Philip Emeagwali [, ] His model ran at a price/performance of slightly less than 400 Mflops per $1 million. While the Mobil/TMC team achieved almost 500 Mflops per $1 million, we decided to award only one prize per entry.

“Special Report: 1989 Gordon Bell Prize,” IEEE Software, May 1990, p. 101

See the yearly results for the performance and price/performance categories. [size=14pt]In no year did Emeagwali achieve what he claims he did.[/size]
[size=14pt]MYTH #2:
Emeagwali won computing’s equivalent of the Nobel Prize
[/size]
In spite of efforts by Emeagwali and his admirers to hype up his $1000 Gordon Bell award as the “Nobel Prize” of computing, the rest of the computing world continues to associate that lofty label with the Turing Award, which Emeagwali has never won. The Gordon Bell prize, however, is just one of many other annual computing awards, respectable but not at all comparable to either the Nobel Prize or the Turing Award in prestige or prize money. Nor are the selection criteria analogous: Emeagwali was awarded for his performance in an annual competition, not in recognition of lasting contributions to his field.
[size=14pt]MYTH #3:
Emeagwali is a “Father of the Internet”
[/size]
1. Emeagwali’s paternity claims to the Internet are judged and found baseless. Emeagwali has not shown any evidence that he was involved with ARPA or any other research organization or company connected with the genesis of the Internet, nor did he express his ideas in technical journals or any other channel through which he could have influenced the development of the Internet during its formative stages.
2. Is there a father of the Internet? A discussion of the main contenders: JCR Licklider, Bob Taylor, Paul Baran, Donald Davies, and Lawrence Roberts.
[size=14pt]MYTH #4:
The “Connection Machine” was invented by Emeagwali
[/size]
A few Web sources expand the fallacy that Emeagwali created the fastest computer program, insisting that he was also responsible for the massively parallel supercomputer on which the program ran. However, the 65,000-processor “Connection Machine” that allowed such speedy computations was actually the brainchild of Danny Hillis and was built by Thinking Machines Corporation, the company Hillis co-founded. The fact is extensively documented on the web and is so well established that I won’t devote more attention to it.
[size=14pt]MYTH #5:
Emeagwali has lots of patents or patent applications
[/size]
The number of Emeagwali’s patents or patent applications is sometimes claimed to be as high as 30. However, a search of the USPTO and esp@cenet patent databases (as of September 2003) reveals the true number to be zero. The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, which has a fully searchable online database for all U.S. patents since 1976 as well as all current applications, simply has nothing on file for Emeagwali.
[size=14pt]MYTH #6:
“Dr.” Emeagwali?
[/size]
Emeagwali is frequently referred to on his own and other websites as “Dr. Philip Emeagwali” or simply “Dr. Emeagwali.” Though he did in fact enroll in a PhD program at the University of Michigan, he did not get the degree after failing his qualification examinations twice and having his thesis rejected by a committee of faculty members. Emeagwali subsequently sued the university, alleging civil rights violations and racial discrimination. His case was dismissed without trial. When Emeagwali appealed to a higher court, a three-judge panel rejected his discrimination claims unanimously.

* article describing the court decision
   * decision from the MI Court of Appeals.

Read more…

Amiel, Written By
With all due respect, I am very disappointed in your insistence that we honor Emeagwali’s true “achievements” even after confirming for yourself that the man is indeed a fraud of immense proportion, a self-promoting genius who is, in his claimed field of expertise, a mediocre at best. I can understand Ikhide’s frustration. The “debate” on Emeagwali’s intellectual fraud has long been settled in the Nigerian cyberspace.[size=16pt] Only the most fanatical Nigerian and African American sentimental (as opposed to a rational) investors in black scientific heroism, still take the fool seriously[/size]. And, of course, our people back home, for whom even the mere fact of foreign residency is a validation, let alone one that is backed by aggressively deceptive self promotion. Okay, let’s do what you’re asking us to do and strip away the lies, deceptions, exaggerations, false claims, and the entire intellectual pyramid scheme as someone called Emeagwali’s internet based edifice of fraud. When we are done with that, we’re left with:
[size=14pt][b]1. A guy who FAILED his PhD qualifying exam TWICE at my alma mater, the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
2. A guy whose doctoral research was subsequently evaluated by internal and external examiners and declared substandard.
3. A guy whose research won a minor THIRD PLACE prize in a very narrow field of applied computing. He was bumped to first place only when the teams ahead of him with higher  computing speed won another prize and therefore forfeited the category to Emeagwali. In other words, he “won” by default. The prize had nothing to do with the internet or even computing as a field. It was for application of computing to oil exploration.
4. A guy who has no single published paper in a peer reviewed publication in his field
5. A guy who has no single patent or “patent pending” as he claims
6. A guy who has managed through internet trickery to get many media organizations, especially the black press, to buy into and as a result, validate his hoax. He then cites those naive, ignorant press validations, recycling them through links, which then show up on google and are then picked up by naive, hero-hunting black folks all over the world. As a fraud, it is very clever, but it is still a fraud and a huge one at that.
7. A guy who has parlayed his falsehoods into all kinds of lucrative speaking engagements in black America, Nigeria, and the Caribbean, deceiving our people who are hungry for heroes and collecting their hard earned money to make them feel good about themselves.
8. A guy who routinely goes around calling himself professor and Dr but who has never taught a university class, failed his PhD, and is not an academic.[/b][/size]
[size=14pt]I can go on, but let me not bore you with that your own research has revealed to you already. So, here you have a guy whose only achievement is the Gordon Bell Prize ($1000), which he won by default after coming THIRD and which he fraudulently calls “the Nobel Prize of Computing.” I put it to you that there are THOUSANDS of Nigerians whose research have won such narrow prizes in their fields and won not by default or by coming THIRD but by beating the competition. They don’t make noise or self-promote. They don’t lie about themselves. They don’t call themselves “Africa’s greatest scientist,” “father of the internet,” etc. Even on this list, there are many scientists who have won more prestigious prizes and awards. Our own Joseph Igietseme recently led a team of scientists at the prestigious CDC to win a highly coveted award in the field of biomedical research. The man did not grab a megaphone to announce that he was the greatest African scientist alive.
Has Nigeria honored the genuine achievers in our midst? How about our own Oga Falola, has he been given a national award let alone being put on a postage stamp? How about Pius Adesanmi and many others who have been making us proud by hauling in prestigious literary prizes from across the world; have they been as much as recognized in Nigeria?
If we’re desperate for heroes, why don’t we honor genuine ones? Why validate liars and frauds like Emeagwali who have actually brought dishonor to the country as their claims have been serially debunked and have been sometimes generalized to Nigerians and “their 419 ways”? Remember that every time their false claims are debunked their nationality and Africanness are referenced. How can that be good for a country that has genuine scientific pioneers working in the most prestigious and cutting edge scientific institutions in the world (CDC, NASA, etc).
As we speak, there is another fraud who has similarly cast a spell on home audiences, hauling in cash and recognition. Dr. Gabriel Oyibo self-describes as a five time Nobel Prize nominee even though Nobel nominations are not revealed until at least a hundred years or so, and even though his peers cannot even vouch for the validity of his bizarre claims, which reside at the confusing intersection of religion, metaphysics, African history and mythology, and physics!
A trained physicist, the man, who cannot even hold down an academic job and has no impressive research pedigree to speak of, claims that he has invented a theory of everything, which he calls GAGUT! The Nigerian national assembly issued a declaration honoring him as a great African scientist! He, too, is on a Nigerian postal stamp!
Oyibo is in some respect even worse than Emeagwali since he actually has a PhD and used to have an adjunct teaching position that gives him a perfect cover to perpetrate his deception. At least Emeagwali is a good motivational public speaker and writer (which I think is his actual calling in life). The GAGUT man speaks in an incomprehensible metaphysical language that is clearly a sign of lunacy.
A country that honors frauds and ignores true achievers and truthful, quiet heroes deserves what is happening to her.
[/size]

http://www.republicreport.com/intellectual-fraud-crisis-allegedly-rocks-%E2%80%9Cphilip-emeagwali-myths%E2%80%9D%E2%80%94reports/
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by slap1(m): 7:56pm On Oct 19, 2010
Don't they arrest people for claiming what they are not? Why is Emeagwali still free?
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by UyiIredia(m): 7:57pm On Oct 19, 2010
@ posters >>> please, ignore bk.babe97y >>> his posts veer off-topic to mere rants

[url=http://www.google.com.ng/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=LyH&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=philip+emeagwali+%2B++inventions&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=]more links on google[/url]

this one 'agrees' with the topic
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by TewMuch: 7:57pm On Oct 19, 2010
[size=20pt]A country that honors frauds and ignores true achievers and truthful, quiet heroes deserves what is happening to her.[/size]
[/color][/size]
GBAM! GBAM! GBAM! I didnt want to expose the whole thing, but you guys hiding under tribal bias have made me expose it. It is so shameful, please he is not a Nigerian Hero, maybe a hero to some people that are blinded by tribal sentiments. He sure aint my hero.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Afam4eva(m): 7:59pm On Oct 19, 2010
slap1:

Don't they arrest people for claiming what they are not? Why is Emeagwali still free?

I wonder.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 19, 2010
So he lied his way into fame. . . . has he not achieved better after that fame? Is he the typical arrogant Nigerian? As you guys have Awolowo, let them have their hero in the light they perceive as, why glorify his "flaws"?

TewMuch, I dey vex for you and Aigbofa. smh
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by TewMuch: 8:05pm On Oct 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

So he lied his way into fame. . . . has he not achieved better after that fame? Is he the typical arrogant Nigerian? As you guys have Awolowo, let them have their hero in the light they perceive as, why glorify his "flaws"?

Fine he can be certain people's hero's. Because even Igbo academic's have debunked his claims. But some people here are dying of anger when we speak the truth. Isnt there something wrong here? He is not a Nigerian Hero. finito.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by AloyEmeka5: 8:06pm On Oct 19, 2010
Only if BBC is a reputable news agency like republic report :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/sci_tech/digital_giants/8561413.stm
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by DapoBear(m): 8:07pm On Oct 19, 2010
Ah, let's expose Mr GAGUT too.

Here is a review of Gabriel Oyibo's book (http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Unified-Theorem-Gabriel-Oyibo/product-reviews/156072689X/ref=cm_cr_dp_synop?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending#R3O8L16989G0TH)

on amazon.com by Steven Chu, Nobel Laureate in Physics, Professor of Physics at Stanford, and current US Secretary of Energy

[quote="Steven Chu"]
Crank Dot Net gave Oyibo its highest rating - a five star or "CRANKIEST." Crank Dot Net is the authority on "cranks, crackpots, kooks and loons on the net." A professor of physics will ROFL (Roll On the Floor Laughing) at Oyibo's schizophrenic theories.
[/quote]
(Here is a link to Steven's review on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R3O8L16989G0TH/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm)

See the mocking tone? Do you really want 419 scientiest and academic frauds like this associated with YOUR name, YOUR country, Nigeria? They make YOU look bad. We cannot support these frauds. Hell, we have to be the first one to denounce them, even before the white or Chinese man does.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by TewMuch: 8:07pm On Oct 19, 2010
slap1:

Why would they arrest him? Did he steal or kill anyone? Just like you are free to claim you are whoever on NL Emeagwali is also free to claim anything. People lie about their qualification's all the time. They do not get arrested. He is free to represent/misrepresent himself however he chooses. It is up to us Nigerian's to either be gullible and made fun of, or we debunk it so future fraudsters do not come and show us off as being dumb. Just because he lived in obodo oyinbo and came back doesnt mean he is a Nobel Prize winner. undecided
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by DapoBear(m): 8:10pm On Oct 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Fine, this is all well and dandy. Honestly, I woudn't give a damn about the man or what he does if he and I were not linked by the name Nigeria. If Yorubaland separates from Nigeria someday (as I hope), then I'll have absolutely no reason to crack down on fake 419 Igbo scientists. But until that day, I have to. Because fake 419 Igbo scientists make me look bad too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (25) (Reply)

Boko Haram Agree To Release All 219 Chibok Girls / Buhari Nominates Anthony Ojukwu As NHRC Boss, Writes Senate For Approval / Bukola Saraki All Smiles As He Arrives Kwara After Defection From APC. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.