Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,811 members, 7,851,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:20 AM

Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement (37300 Views)

Sale Mamman: Nigerians Now Enjoy 18 To 24 Hours Of Electricity Daily / Ore Residents Get Electricity After 20 Years Blackout / Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by PapaNnamdi: 8:56pm On Aug 25, 2019
MAYOWAAK:

You are a cynic and pessimist, both rolled into one.
oga this oyibo too much abeg,
send me credit
instead of headache

3 Likes

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by lexylexy(m): 9:20pm On Aug 25, 2019
No wonder we've not been having light for some weeks now. So, they've channelled our light to magodo. God help us in this country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by odimbannamdi(m): 9:21pm On Aug 25, 2019
Very interesting discourse here...
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by yommen: 9:23pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raysleek:
Electricity in Nigeria is no more a right and a social a memory but a commodity that is now being sold by the govt to the highest bidder.. If this is true then it's a shame

You didn't want PHCN. You wanted privatisation. Why are you now complaint. Why will I hold back my product from someone who I won't have to disturb with ladder before he pays me?

These customers actually appreciate Electricity more. Many of them have traveled abroad and are able to compare cost of 24 hour Electricity abroad to how much they pay in Nigeria in comparison with cost of running their generators.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by yommen: 9:25pm On Aug 25, 2019
Dygeasy:
So what is supposed to be a right is what you have to pay extra for?

What happened to creating a tariff that will ensure that the whole country gets constant supply since they are trying to tell us that constant power supply is possible if we can pay for it? Why not take that initiative countrywide?

Who did we offend in this country? Don't our leaders think?

You had better stop deceiving yourselves. Nigerians don chop bellefull to fit afford 24 he supply?
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Raysleek: 9:28pm On Aug 25, 2019
yommen:

You didn't want PHCN. You wanted privatisation. Why are you now complaint. Why will I hold back my product from someone who I won't have to disturb with ladder before he pays me?

These customers actually appreciate Electricity more. Many of them have traveled abroad and are able to compare cost of 24 hour Electricity abroad to how much they pay in Nigeria in comparison with cost of running their generators.
I hope you are not as stupid as you sound

2 Likes

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by yommen: 9:28pm On Aug 25, 2019
PapaNnamdi:
it's just a matter of time,

I give the contract 2months,
na transformer go first blow,
then ikeja electric will go back to the USUAL
and when the lawyer that crafted the contract is queried on TV say wetin de happen ,

he will be like
" me I don't know oo"

Sorry to disappoint you, if transformer blows, the community has money to replace immediately. Even IKEJA ELECTRIC is more than willing to replace immediately. IE no dey joke with paying customers.
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by yommen: 9:35pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raysleek:
Electricity in Nigeria is no more a right and a social a memory but a commodity that is now being sold by the govt to the highest bidder.. If this is true then it's a shame

Electricity is not a right in any country in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD. They pay for it everywhere and what ever you have to pay for is not your right. Poverty is the only reason why some can afford it more than others as indicated in this news but over there abroad, the poverty line is slim and they pay for Electricity notwithstanding the fact that it costs more. You know why? There is job for virtually everyone and they can afford it because the value of their currency is good.

1 Like

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by YahwehRocks: 9:58pm On Aug 25, 2019
Such a fraudulent corrupt extorting government.
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Adakintroy2: 10:06pm On Aug 25, 2019
Iamgrey5:
What happens before is load shedding.

The company rations maybe 100mw of electricity amongst those that require 400mw of electricity.

Now after the privatisation of Electricity distribution companies, the new companies identify areas they can get maximum return and give those areas 18hrs, 20hrs or even 24 hrs of Electricity every Day and share the remaining energy amongst residence whre returns are not great.

The aim of every business is to make maximum return, you can't blame them.

That's coward greedy move by electricity company. Not everything is mart business decision. Many shiit they pull won't fly on civilized clime. Nigerians are just too persive. We pay for electricity, yet it's handed to us as privildege. Even the way you talking one will think we paying less than the approved rate. If anything we are already being shredded by estimated billing system. Some don't even see electricity yet bill come to them. No one takes these people to court on default. This is what has emboden them to pull more staunt. And you lording them like like they pulling a smart business move.

Load shedding means there are not enough to go round. So we bear with us. But now the reality has change. There is electricity, if you pay more you get more. What monopoly.

The aim of every business is profit but cheating is prohibited. I blame the sleeping government for not putting checks on them enough and Nigerians themselves for ignoring their rights.

3 Likes

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by oyatz(m): 10:19pm On Aug 25, 2019
Why is it a shame?
Aren't you happy that Magodo GRA now have electricity 24/7?
When was electricity ever 'a right and social memory'?

Raysleek:
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by oyatz(m): 10:22pm On Aug 25, 2019
Electricity has been privatized since 2013.

Hustle hard and move to Magodo GRA, don't be among the people that will be complaining.

Zhegx:
undecided

There's nothing to applaud.......
It just goes to show that, it is possible for the government to supply constant power but they just wouldn't do it..........
Furthermore, the poorer individuals from communities who can't pay the amount levied will be on the receiving end...........

Fvck them all..........
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 25, 2019
lakesider:

Tell me a country where electricity is a right.
U need to understand how things works

Electricity is never a right anywhere but what makes this arrangement wrong is that the grid belongs to the government and by extension all of us

And also, ikedc has yet to provide meters to ALL their customer, so they are cheating those guys without meter even more than they are cheating everybody else outside Magodo. Use your brain, please.

4 Likes

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by ADMAF(m): 10:35pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raysleek:
Go to the UK or U.S and say this. Even d ppl u speaking on behalf of will look at u like a glutton. If we ever want efficient power delivery in Nigeria, we'll have to pay for it, simple. In the Developed Countries we often cite as good xamples, ppl pay precious money to use light. We re too used to free things, we won't develop like this.
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Topmaike007(m): 11:07pm On Aug 25, 2019
Renewable energy ⚡ is the way

1 Like

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Topmaike007(m): 11:14pm On Aug 25, 2019
ADMAF:

Go to the UK or U.S and say this. Even d ppl u speaking on behalf of will look at u like a glutton. If we ever want efficient power delivery in Nigeria, we'll have to pay for it, simple. In the Developed Countries we often cite as good xamples, ppl pay precious money to use light. We re too used to free things, we won't develop like this.
Dem no know many of our people here don't know how things work
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by myobjective: 11:21pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raysleek:

Lol even interns will still grow. And an intern that owns two houses in Lagos is not a bad intern at all so Don't feel so high up your horse.. And don't teach me about power. Just post your degree let me post mine. While at it you can also post your account statement while I post mine( incase you want to go down that lane).
My own is that you should just have sense.

The guy is right, you may have to reevaluate your position. Electricity is not cheap all over the world, you need to look at it from the perspective of generation, transmission and distribution. The distribution companies have been fully privatised and they have to account for every watt of electricity allocated to them by the generating firm.

To have uninterrupted electricity IPPS is the way but the government will have to fully privatise the sector to allow for market forces to determine the price. If we can build an integrated pipeline all over the nation to carry cheap gas from Nigerdelta to every part of Nigeria, then small power plants with a capacity of 1 to 30Megawatt can be set up across estate, market, financial institutions, schools and industrial park to service their power demand

2 Likes

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by CeterisXVII: 12:08am On Aug 26, 2019
obailala:
Since when did electricity become a right?... Electricity is a commodity for sale, and any salesman or vendor will be more willing to sell to customers who are ready to pay more.

Meanwhile did you say "sold by the govt"? A lot of Nigerians are still stuck in this same welfarist bubble where they believe govt is responsible for even bad weather conditions. IKDC is a private company, do you blame govt when your MTN or Glo network fails to connect??
Oga, the problem is that IKEDC will deprive another community of power supply, (irrespective of whether such residents have paid in full or not, or whether they have pre-paid metres or not) in order to ensure that the Magodo estate that has paid a premium for electricity supply, gets power.

IKEDC is not increasing the amount of power it distributes, it is just rationing and rerouting it.

Eko Disco pulled this same scam with Mayfair Estate residents in Lekki at one time. They promised them a "priority or dedicated line," provided they were willing to agree to a new tariff that was much higher than the approved one. The estate association agreed. sad

Power supply was constant for a few months. There was even one large transformer/mini sub station reactivated close to the estate, which had been installed by the old NEPA office in that district. It made everyone happy. undecided

A few months down the road, erratic power supply resurrected it's ugly face. Power cuts became common. When the residents complained, Eko Disco or EKEDC said they were working on it. That was when the estate discovered they had been scammed. The tariff was not reviewed downwards, neither were the residents given any relief. Na who come be mumu?

I give Magodo and IKEDC another couple of months, before this scheme unravels. Let Magodo residents come back here in another 9 months to share their experience. You will see the kind of lamentations that will be dropping from their mouths.....

2 Likes

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by obailala(m): 2:10am On Aug 26, 2019
CeterisXVII:

Oga, the problem is that IKEDC will deprive another community of power supply, (irrespective of whether such residents have paid in full or not, or whether they have pre-paid metres or not) in order to ensure that the Magodo estate that has paid a premium for electricity supply, gets power.

IKEDC is not increasing the amount of power it distributes, it is just rationing and rerouting it.

Eko Disco pulled this same scam with Mayfair Estate residents in Lekki at one time. They promised them a "priority or dedicated line," provided they were willing to agree to a new tariff that was much higher than the approved one. The estate association agreed. sad

Power supply was constant for a few months. There was even one large transformer/mini sub station close to the estate, which had been installed by the old NEPA office in that district. It made everyone happy. undecided

A few months down the road, erratic power supply resurrected it's ugly face. Power cuts became common. When the residents complained, Eko Disco or EKEDC said they were working on it. That was when the estate discovered they had been scammed. The tariff was not reviewed downwards, neither were the residents given any relief. Na who come be mumu?

I give Magodo and IKEDC another couple of months, before this scheme unravels. Let Magodo residents come back here in another 9 months to share their experience. You will see the kind of lamentations that will be dropping from their mouths.....
Lol.. the typical scam never ends.

3 Likes

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by xandy84: 3:20am On Aug 26, 2019
Electricity everywhere is sold to the highest bidder. You don't have light if you can't pay for it. It is only in Nigerian people want electricity without not paying the price for it. People turn off their light in UK, US just to save on light bill...

Raysleek:
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Nobody: 5:04am On Aug 26, 2019
NwaOhafia:
Ikeja electric and Eco electric are both robbers in hard hat

Few months back, I heard some of their workers took a line for Olowu street and was giving to a street with hotels in Ipodo and were rationing Olowu street light, collecting money from the hotel owners

they've been doing stuff like that for years. but now government has given them approval to sell to the highest bidder, yet a lot of brain-dead Nigerians think it's a positive development!

3 Likes

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by NwaOhafia: 5:45am On Aug 26, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:

they've been doing stuff like that for years. but now government has given them approval to sell to the highest bidder, yet a lot of brain-dead Nigerians think it's a positive development!
Nawa o
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by agabusta: 5:51am On Aug 26, 2019
qualityovenbake:
It is finish. Government robbing it's citizens of their right. . Then what's the essence of prepaid meter because from my understanding, it's a 'pay as you go' tariff, you pay for your energy before you use it, usually by adding money to a 'key' or smart card, which is then inserted into the meter. Now they want to abandon prepaid meters and turn it to the highest bidder...... Their FAGBON there angry

Is Ikeja Electric owned by Govt?
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Raysleek: 6:42am On Aug 26, 2019
xandy84:
Electricity everywhere is sold to the highest bidder. You don't have light if you can't pay for it. It is only in Nigerian people want electricity without not paying the price for it. People turn off their light in UK, US just to save on light bill...

Just tell me what is Nigerians total power demand and how many mega watts are we generating
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Raysleek: 6:47am On Aug 26, 2019
myobjective:

The guy is right, you may have to reevaluate your position. Electricity is not cheap all over the world, you need to look at it from the perspective of generation, transmission and distribution. The distribution companies have been fully privatised and they have to account for every watt of electricity allocated to them by the generating firm.

To have uninterrupted electricity IPPS is the way but the government will have to fully privatise the sector to allow for market forces to determine the price. If we can build an integrated pipeline all over the nation to carry cheap gas from Nigerdelta to every part of Nigeria, then small power plants with a capacity of 1 to 30Megawatt can be set up across estate, market, financial institutions, schools and industrial park to service their power demand
The gas that is carried on the west African gas pipeline giving steady power generation to other countries, is it being paid for constantly? Do you know how much Ghana and other countries using the west African Gas pipeline are owing Nigeria? Yet they still have steady gas supply hence steady electricity.

2 Likes

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Raysleek: 6:49am On Aug 26, 2019
xandy84:
Oga electricity is a social amenity.. Everyone has right to social amenities.

1 Like

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Raysleek: 6:54am On Aug 26, 2019
ADMAF:

So we are using free light in Nigeria? What is wrong with you people.. We're you born yesterday? Nigeria is generating less than 3500Mw and it isn't even steady. Our power requirement is over 20000Mw that is if each person is entitled to 100 watts. Pls is the additional mW available and we didn't pay for it, or is it generated in your house and we don't know about it or are you the one paying the bill of people in fagba that pay 25000 per month.

1 Like

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Raysleek: 7:00am On Aug 26, 2019
oyatz:
Why is it a shame?
Aren't you happy that Magodo GRA now have electricity 24/7?
When was electricity ever 'a right and social memory'?

I meant social amenity pardon my keypad.
It's a shame that we can deliver gas on the west African gas pipeline to other countries and yet we don't have electricity.
It's a shame that the discos cannot provide prepaid meters or in the countries you use as reference are they billed on estimation?
It's a shame that Nigeria needs 20000 mw and currently it's a struggle to maintain 3500mW even with gas generation, hydro and thermal
It's a shame that people now have to agree to pay more that the set tariff for them to get electricity at the expense of people that also pay their bills regularly based on high estimated billing.
It's a shame that we can't boast of good roads
It's a shame that we can't boast of water supply
It's a shame that niger delta that produces oil that has made Nigeria rich is still in darkness and the rivers there are highly polluted.
You can add to the list and argue but pls argue rationally and be issue based.. Don't just talk because you want to talk
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by ajl: 7:04am On Aug 26, 2019
jaybee3:

It should be free for all or what exactly is your point?

There should be equal access. Access should not be based on whether you can pay higher tariff.
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Raysleek: 7:07am On Aug 26, 2019
myobjective:

I hope you can read. Nigeria is not even generating enough electricity. We are generating about 1/5th of what we need. Still yet the DISCOS don't have the capacity to distribute this power.

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Raysleek: 7:22am On Aug 26, 2019
ADMAF:

Oga in US price of electricity is 0.07dollars per kwh this is equivalent to 25naira per kwh.
In Nigeria the price of electricity for residentials R2 is 24.9 Naira per kwh.. So what's your point?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by ADMAF(m): 7:32am On Aug 26, 2019
Raysleek:
Oga in US price of electricity is 0.07dollars per kwh this is equivalent to 25naira per kwh.
In Nigeria the price of electricity for residentials R2 is 24.9 Naira per kwh.. So what's your point?
Oga, if you don't know by now that a ridiculous number of Nigerians either try to bypass or negotiate underpayments with officials then u may not understand my point. The problem is nt d price, the problem is that payment burden that should have ordinarily been borne by the majority would simply have to be carried by a few who know the value of the service.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Want To Appear In Court But I’m Afraid Of Arrest — Yahaya Bello / Rotimi Amaechi: 'I Don't Drink Or Smoke, What Do I Need Money For?' / Young Anambra Man Creates A Pencil Portrait Of Atiku Abubakar (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.