Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,752 members, 7,851,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:24 PM

Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement (37296 Views)

Sale Mamman: Nigerians Now Enjoy 18 To 24 Hours Of Electricity Daily / Ore Residents Get Electricity After 20 Years Blackout / Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by PureFace1(m): 5:30pm On Aug 25, 2019
good4all40:
This is a failed government so electricity that is supposed to be stable for all citizens is now restricted to some rich folks because they can pay more tariff, you are directly telling us that there is no hope for poor citizens of this failed country.

Power is not cheap anywhere in the World

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Adakintroy2: 5:30pm On Aug 25, 2019
So let me get this straight. The argument has always been there is not enough being generated. Hence shortage. But if one was to cuff out some extra. Out pop more electricity.

Seriouse?

2 Likes

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by ORIENTATION101: 5:31pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raysleek:
Electricity in Nigeria is no more a right and a social a memory but a commodity that is now being sold by the govt to the highest bidder.. If this is true then it's a shame
you think electricity is free in Europe and Americagringrin
You guys dont know people pay high bills for electricity in develop countries compare to nigeria

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by rman: 5:31pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raysleek:
Electricity in Nigeria is no more a right and a social a memory but a commodity that is now being sold by the govt to the highest bidder.. If this is true then it's a shame

Dividends of privatization.

Positive: Those ready to pay will enjoy services. Those that bypass meters or do not pay, will be in the dark for longer periods

Negative: ........ the poor own the SME space and it will affect rapid growth of their small businesses if a critical input like electricity is not quickly commodified

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by chariisGRACE(m): 5:31pm On Aug 25, 2019
h
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by 2special(m): 5:32pm On Aug 25, 2019
That's nice
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by obailala(m): 5:32pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raysleek:
Since when did electricity become a right?... Electricity is a commodity for sale, and any salesman or vendor will be more willing to sell to customers who are ready to pay more.

Meanwhile did you say "sold by the govt"? A lot of Nigerians are still stuck in this same welfarist bubble where they believe govt is responsible for even bad weather conditions. IKDC is a private company, do you blame govt when your MTN or Glo network fails to connect??

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by good4all40: 5:34pm On Aug 25, 2019
PureFace1:

Power is not cheap anywhere in the World

So we that pay the normal tarrif should be in darkness forever, because some people are willing to pay more, it is only in Nigeria you pay for power you don't consume shame on our government

3 Likes

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by blaise26abj(m): 5:36pm On Aug 25, 2019
An era will come with this stupid initiative that people will have meters but no electricity. An era where electricity is sold to the highest bidder to the detriment of the poorer Nigerians. The discos will have no motivation to improve as long as a segment of the populace can pay. Whoever implemented that initiative is the enemy of the people.

Solutions. Why not grant licenses to independent companies that can use gas to generate for small clusters to operate instead. Estates like Magodo can get a company to produce and distribute electricity for them . Stupid and selfish people in position of power

2 Likes

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by asapeola(m): 5:36pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raysleek:
Better you wake up and accept that fact! Electricity is business everywhere in the world. If u want top power then b ready to pay top dollar

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by MAYOWAAK: 5:36pm On Aug 25, 2019
PapaNnamdi:
it's just a matter of time,

I give the contract 2months,
na transformer go first blow,
then ikeja electric will go back to the USUAL
and when the lawyer that crafted the contract is queried on TV say wetin de happen ,

he will be like
" me I don't know oo"

You are a cynic and pessimist, both rolled into one.

2 Likes

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by abdullkabar(m): 5:36pm On Aug 25, 2019
PapaNnamdi:
it's just a matter of time,

I give the contract 2months,
na transformer go first blow,
then ikeja electric will go back to the USUAL
and when the lawyer that crafted the contract is queried on TV say wetin de happen ,

he will be like
" me I don't know oo"
Words out of my mouth
Tho with some extras from you smiley
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Exponental(m): 5:39pm On Aug 25, 2019
How much do they pay per Kwh?
I want to put this straight..... With N24.97Kwh we pay, electricity cannot be stable. There are many IPPs in Lagos, non collect less than N50.00kwh. How many people pay N24.97 righteously? How many people don't bypass with the poor tariff? People who pay, don't leave electricity unused.
The question is.... Are you ready to pay 'at least N20,000 per month' for electricity of 12hrs daily?
How much do you pay monthly to run your generator for 12hrs daily for a month?
Electricity is expensive!
Those who really want it, pay heavily!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by obailala(m): 5:40pm On Aug 25, 2019
blaise26abj:
An era will come with this stupid initiative that people will have meters but no electricity. An era where electricity is sold to the highest bidder to the detriment of the poorer Nigerians. The discos will have no motivation to improve as long as a segment of the populace can pay. Whoever implemented that initiative is the enemy of the people.

Solutions. Why not grant licenses to independent companies that can use gas to generate for small clusters to operate instead. Estates like Magodo can get a company to produce and distribute electricity for them . Stupid and selfish people in position of power
That license I believe has since been granted.

1 Like

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by asapeola(m): 5:40pm On Aug 25, 2019
Dygeasy:
So what is supposed to be a right is what you have to pay extra for?

What happened to creating a tariff that will ensure that the whole country gets constant supply since they are trying to tell us that constant power supply is possible if we can pay for it? Why not take that initiative countrywide?

Who did we offend in these country? Don't our leaders think?
Pls show me where in the constitution where there's right to electricity? Everybody's shouting Rights. Have u compared our tarrifs with even other African countries' then u can say if power is a right or not.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by asapeola(m): 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2019
blaise26abj:

Its obvious ur not current with happenings around u. Have u heard about "Franchising" or "Embedded Generation"?
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 25, 2019
Magboro, one of the satellite towns close to Lagos (less than 10 minutes driving) have no light for almost 5 years. Since 2017 July, light has been restored. It is presently on shifting basis between day & night with another neighborhood town

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by TGMISKY(m): 5:45pm On Aug 25, 2019
There was a time, some years ago when a wealthy man in my place of residence (Mgbuoba in Port Harcourt, Rivers State) wanted to bury his mom, he payed N100,000 (or so we heard) to the Power Holders and we had light in the community from 12pm on Friday till 4pm on Sunday.
This showed that the country can make 24hrs of power a reality but has been playing 'politics' with it.

1 Like

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by blaise26abj(m): 5:49pm On Aug 25, 2019
asapeola:

Its obvious ur not current with happenings around u. Have u heard about "Franchising" or "Embedded Generation"?

Thanks for updating me. However , I am still of the opinion that such a regulation (embedded generation)should not watered down by the initiative of allowing the major discos to sell to the highest bidders. It will make the main discos start marketing to such clusters and supply more to them than to the poorer Nigerians . Let the main discos focus on distributing evenly across board (at a tariff that will keep them in business) while the “embedded gencos” deal with the “highest bidders”

2 Likes

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by azikiweironsi(m): 5:53pm On Aug 25, 2019
It getting to the level that everyone will understand that electricity is a big business. In Uk, you can't afford to waste energy because you must pay. I remembered my school days when I only used my TV as light in the room grin to afford energy reduction.
Only put on light when necessary in the toilet, kitchen etc.

3 Likes

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Minjim: 5:59pm On Aug 25, 2019
These energy they're giving them will be taken from those that live in low income areas and these low income people, most don't even have prepaid meters.

This is not justice, this is cheating

5 Likes

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by BuddhaPalm(m): 6:01pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raysleek:

Electricity is not a right.

Do they use air to generate it?

1 Like

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Minjim: 6:03pm On Aug 25, 2019
azikiweironsi:
It getting to the level that everyone will understand that electricity is a big business. In Uk, you can't afford to waste energy because you must pay. I remembered my school days when I only used my TV as light in the room grin to afford energy reduction.
Only put on light when necessary in the toilet, kitchen etc.

What are you implying, that most Nigerians don't pay for electricity?

You can't compare the was these Discos operate in Nigeria to Uk. We are paying for services that's not metered and most times not provided. They should give us weeks on uninterrupted power supply and see whether people won't pay. Do you know how much we spend to power Gens?

4 Likes

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Minjim: 6:04pm On Aug 25, 2019
BuddhaPalm:

Electricity is not a right.

Do they use air to generate it?

It's not a right but it's one of the basic amenities that a responsible govt is supposed to provide.

2 Likes

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Tareq1105: 6:07pm On Aug 25, 2019
My brother, the pricing currently is not right. They're finding it very difficult to break even with the current price.

Even you that is running Gen everyday knows that Gen is more expensive.

Consumers, through communities, therefore can now discuss / negotiate agreeable price with the service provider.

If you ask me, I will tell you that it's a reasonable step to take.

Congratulations to the residents of Magodo.

Raysleek:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Muyuba: 6:10pm On Aug 25, 2019
So can we have idea how much electricity cost in magodo?
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raysleek:
Electricity is expensive
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 25, 2019
F117nighthawk:
We will see if if can be sustained, no be Nigeria we dey? Is it not the same country we hear THE DISTRIBUTION LINE is bad and obsolete, now magodo enjoys 24/7 power supply
Not all distribution lines are bad
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Raysleek: 6:19pm On Aug 25, 2019
asuustrike1:

Electricity is expensive
Oga electricity is supposed to first be available.. And second be metered based on tariff.

1 Like

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Newmans: 6:20pm On Aug 25, 2019
You singed agreement with thief not to still from you is it possible,
I wish FBI will look into the activities of Nigeria PHCN and the rest of them EFCC toothless bulldogs that works only on political purpose how will they remember to do what they should do when there boss and there sponsores are given them there own cut God will judge all of them.
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raysleek:

Oga electricity is supposed to first be available.. And second be metered based on tariff.
The people are not willing to pay even though they make lip service

1 Like

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Orpe7(m): 6:21pm On Aug 25, 2019
Choi
What is meant to be a right
Issokay

Na ajegunle people go suffer wetin magodo people dey enjoy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kwankwaso Shows Street Credibility In Ankpa Kogi State (pictures) / I Want To Appear In Court But I’m Afraid Of Arrest — Yahaya Bello / Adams Oshiomhole: Pain Of Rigging An Election Is Hard To Accept - PDP, FFK React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.