Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,796 members, 7,851,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:19 AM

Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement (37299 Views)

Sale Mamman: Nigerians Now Enjoy 18 To 24 Hours Of Electricity Daily / Ore Residents Get Electricity After 20 Years Blackout / Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Salebo: 7:16pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raysleek:
Electricity in Nigeria is no more a right and a social a memory but a commodity that is now being sold by the govt to the highest bidder.. If this is true then it's a shame
pls Electricity around the world is NEVER a right..

You "earn" it by paying for it...

It's not charity...

It's. Business!

2 Likes

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by asapeola(m): 7:17pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raysleek:

Like I replied to an earlier comment.. Electricity is first supposed to be stable.. In Nigeria it's a world known fact that we don't have stable electricity. When the electricity is stable then it is metered based on a tariff that the discos set. It's not you and I that set tariffs neither were we present when they set their tariff figures. Just like good roads and portable water electricity is a very important social amenity. And every human in Nigeria has the right to stable electricity
Where ur missing the point is the "stable". What is ur definition of stable electricity? Without adequate funds electricity can never b 24/7 especially as no more govt fundings! R u one of those criticizing the govt on the tariff increment topic? If u did then ur not rdy for stable power. I just replied one novice who claims his company is supplying RCCG in which the church pays the cost of gas 100% and he's happy n feels stable power isn't rocket science!!! Lemme tell u bro, the problem with our power sector is money!
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Raysleek: 7:19pm On Aug 25, 2019
SocialJustice:
Mention one place in the world where electricity is not a commodity.
electricity is a commodity based on a tariff.. But in Nigeria there is more darkness that electricity.. Yet people still pay monthly.. There is now a saying that we are actually been metered for darkness
Don't blame the incompetence of the govt on people's unwillingness to pay more for electricity.. Over 20 years ago, study showed that people are willing to pay more for electricity if only they could have improved power supply in the country.

4 Likes

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by LewinskyMon: 7:21pm On Aug 25, 2019
PapaNnamdi:
it's just a matter of time,

I give the contract 2months,
na transformer go first blow,
then ikeja electric will go back to the USUAL
and when the lawyer that crafted the contract is queried on TV say wetin de happen ,

he will be like
" me I don't know oo"
Gbam tongue
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by asapeola(m): 7:23pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raysleek:

Post your qualifications let me post mine Oga leave too much words for women.
Lol so much for two houses and fat account statement! Face d issues and stop gloating. After all u dnt even stay in d magodo sef!
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Raysleek: 7:28pm On Aug 25, 2019
Divit:

No mind them bros. I tire for these clueless people.

It costs $177 a month to maintain a 24/7 constant electricity supply for a two bedroom apartment in garry, Indiana. That’s roughly 61k NGN here.

Monthly postpaid data and cellular subscription of 30gb costs $80 monthly on verizon! That’s about 29,740 NGN! 30gb on Glo costs 16k here. If you’re ready to pay for services you wish to utilize, I don’t see any reason for it not being rendered. So we are actually enjoying fair services in Nigeria, our real problem is that we are too poor to afford them.
Oga plleeeasee get facts from both sides.. In Festac a room and parlour is paying a monthly electricity bill of 14000 naira. This is a room and parlour face me I face you if you would call it that with about 4 hours of electricity per day.. Now Oga from your data in Harry Indiana they pay approx 28NGN PER HOUR PER ROOM. For a stable 24 hour electricity.
This means in festac that room and parlour should pay 6702ngn per month by your statement.. So pls do the math and tell me what's going on.

1 Like

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Mplify(m): 7:29pm On Aug 25, 2019
Biritiko:
Na so dem IBEDC no off light for 5 days straight, one time like that .
Come and see as my prepaid meter dy suck card. Chai!
Na me dy pray make dem take the light , I swear grin

Only 5 days My light never off for almost 3weeks now..
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by tete7000(m): 7:29pm On Aug 25, 2019
It can't last. They cannot isolate themselves from the bigger Nigeria while they still live in there

1 Like

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Raysleek: 7:31pm On Aug 25, 2019
asapeola:

Lol so much for two houses and fat account statement! Face d issues and stop gloating. After all u dnt even stay in d magodo sef!
it's obvious it's only a fat mouth you have. Oya post only your degrees. Tot you were talking about an intern. Lol na wa for you. You no even mouth sef. You wey no be intern how your life.
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by COMPAQ(m): 7:32pm On Aug 25, 2019
Dygeasy:
So what is supposed to be a right is what you have to pay extra for?

What happened to creating a tariff that will ensure that the whole country gets constant supply since they are trying to tell us that constant power supply is possible if we can pay for it? Why not take that initiative countrywide?

Who did we offend in this country? Don't our leaders think?

What stupid right?? The reason why we haven’t had electricity in this country is because we the people refuse to pay the correct price for it. We want it subsidised like we subsidise petrol, hajj, university education and more!!

Those in Magodo who have now decided to pay the market price have now started enjoying round the clock electricity!! If you stay in an estate with 24 hour power, your are in effect paying the market price, though that is an inefficient price because we use diesel at a low scale instead of gas at a huge scale.

I agree that the country is poverty stricken but the pay market prices in Ghana, Togo and Benin, why then should Nigeria be different?

2 Likes

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by GoldHorse(m): 7:32pm On Aug 25, 2019
Oluwasaeon:
What is norms in other countries is a miracle in Nigeria
That's why we have many miracle selling centers...

1 Like

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Raysleek: 7:35pm On Aug 25, 2019
asapeola:

this intern vs CEO argument is getting interesting. On your map, magodo. Is the only in habitable place on earth. Better carry 10m go buy two bedroom for mowe so in 10 years time it can be worth 100m to save your self from future blind arguments as an intern identifier. MR CEO
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by asapeola(m): 7:36pm On Aug 25, 2019
blaise26abj:

Thanks for updating me. However , I am still of the opinion that such a regulation (embedded generation)should not watered down by the initiative of allowing the major discos to sell to the highest bidders. It will make the main discos start marketing to such clusters and supply more to them than to the poorer Nigerians . Let the main discos focus on distributing evenly across board (at a tariff that will keep them in business) while the “embedded gencos” deal with the “highest bidders”
I understand ur fears! But don't worry the regulator also monitors how d discos "pick load" which is how they receive power from transmission and same is distributed to all n sundry. The Regulator has also realised that the current tariff is unrealistic (tho there's a set yearly adjustment for tariffs called MYTO) so they've created a window for discos to sell power at their own rate if the consumer can afford it. The claims of d discos is that the regulator can't tie their hands wt pricing and still expect dem to return full payments for energy received. Its quite complex bro cos too much politics in our power sector.

3 Likes

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Raysleek: 7:38pm On Aug 25, 2019
asapeola:

Where ur missing the point is the "stable". What is ur definition of stable electricity? Without adequate funds electricity can never b 24/7 especially as no more govt fundings! R u one of those criticizing the govt on the tariff increment topic? If u did then ur not rdy for stable power. I just replied one novice who claims his company is supplying RCCG in which the church pays the cost of gas 100% and he's happy n feels stable power isn't rocket science!!! Lemme tell u bro, the problem with our power sector is money!
Rccg pays for gas 100percent and they supply this electricity to homes and business within the camp and lotto area. This people have prepaid meters and Rccg is making their gas money as well as making profit on top Oga so don't patronize me Don't worry very soon you will be paying for oxygen. Then the govt will give it to the highest bidder

3 Likes

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by asapeola(m): 7:40pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raysleek:
this intern vs CEO argument is getting interesting. On your map, magodo. Is the only in habitable place on earth. Better carry 10m go buy two bedroom for mowe so in 10 years time it can be worth 100m to save your self from future blind arguments as an intern identifier. MR CEO
Thanks oga! I think I already have 2 at ofada!
Many thanks.
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Raysleek: 7:42pm On Aug 25, 2019
asapeola:

Thanks oga! I think I already have 2 at ofada!
Many thanks.
Good boy so that's why you think every other person is an intern.. Smh HUMAN BEINGS LOL.
Try connect light from Rccg camp Oga. They are doing what the federal govt has failed to do since independence..
Lol.
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Dygeasy(m): 7:44pm On Aug 25, 2019
COMPAQ:

What stupid right?? The reason why we haven’t had electricity in this country is because we the people refuse to pay the correct price for it. We want it subsidised like we subsidise petrol, hajj, university education and more!!

Those in Magodo who have now decided to pay the market price have now started enjoying round the clock electricity!! If you stay in an estate with 24 hour power, your are in effect paying the market price, though that is an inefficient price because we use diesel at a low scale instead of gas at a huge scale.

I agree that the country is poverty stricken but the pay market prices in Ghana, Togo and Benin, why then should Nigeria be different?
Oga ready entire comment. How can you read the first line?

Did you see where the government should set the tarriff to a price point that will ensure constant light? You dey worry o. Na was for you. undecided

1 Like

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by asapeola(m): 7:46pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raysleek:

Rccg pays for gas 100percent and they supply this electricity to homes and business within the camp and lotto area. This people have prepaid meters and Rccg is making their gas money as well as making profit on top Oga so don't patronize me Don't worry very soon you will be paying for oxygen. Then the govt will give it to the highest bidder
Great ur coming up slowly! So who pays the bigger gas companies 100% for gas-powered turbines? Who pays the generating companies 100% who's in turn supposed to pay the Gascos 100%? Let's remove TCN... So who pays the Discos 100% of energy delivered who in turn is supposed to pay the Gencos (via NBET) 100% and in turn pay the Gascos 100%? If u can narrow it down to one set of persons, then I wld believe u know dis industry.
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by asapeola(m): 7:49pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raysleek:

Good boy so that's why you think every other person is an intern.. Smh HUMAN BEINGS LOL.
Try connect light from Rccg camp Oga. They are doing what the federal govt has failed to do since independence..
Lol.
Well u started d degrees and account balance ish first. Quit doing that cos its not safe especially wt FBI allover "us" lol

1 Like

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Raysleek: 7:51pm On Aug 25, 2019
asapeola:

Great ur coming up slowly! So who pays the bigger gas companies 100% for gas-powered turbines? Who pays the generating companies 100% who's in turn supposed to pay the Gascos 100%? Let's remove TCN... So who pays the Discos 100% of energy delivered who in turn is supposed to pay the Gencos (via NBET) 100% and in turn pay the Gascos 100%? If u can narrow it down to one set of persons, then I wld believe u know dis industry.
Why are you saying story..now let me help your slow reasoning. The money costumer 1 pay for Rccg generated light.. Rccg makes their operating costs and also profit and pay for the gas they consumed to NGMC( Nigerian gas marketing company) which is a subsidiary of nnpc. ngmc also makes profit and operating cost and pays their suppliers offshore per scf standard cubic feet these suppliers may include (chevron, shell and other exploration companies) so the funds are generated from customer 1 oga. That's the money that goes round. Don't underestimate the power of numbers. How much more when 100 million houses are paying electricity bills.

3 Likes

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by asapeola(m): 7:51pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raysleek:
it's obvious it's only a fat mouth you have. Oya post only your degrees. Tot you were talking about an intern. Lol na wa for you. You no even mouth sef. You wey no be intern how your life.
Do u sell cooking gas?
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by SocialJustice: 7:52pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raysleek:
electricity is a commodity based on a tariff.. But in Nigeria there is more darkness that electricity.. Yet people still pay monthly.. There is now a saying that we are actually been metered for darkness
Don't blame the incompetence of the govt on people's unwillingness to pay more for electricity.. Over 20 years ago, study showed that people are willing to pay more for electricity if only they could have improved power supply in the country.
Lol, funny dude.

1 Like

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Raysleek: 7:55pm On Aug 25, 2019
asapeola:

Do u sell cooking gas?
My section doesn't.. We only do natural gas.. If you need I can give you a contact.

1 Like

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by asapeola(m): 7:56pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raysleek:

Why are you saying story..now let me help your slow reasoning. The money consumers pay for Rccg generated light.. Rccg pays to NGMC( Nigerian gas marketing company) which is a subsidiary of nnpc. ngmc also makes profit and pays their suppliers offshore per scf standard cubic feet these suppliers may include (chevron, shell and other exploration companies) so the funds are generated from customer 1 oga. Don't underestimate the power of numbers when 100 million houses are paying electricity bills. That's the money that goes round.
Oga just stick to ur gas supply! We talking nation wide stuff here not gas in KG. How is much is ur own gas per KG? grin ur like someone supplying diesel and ranting abt refineries not working.

1 Like

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by mechanics(m): 7:57pm On Aug 25, 2019
Wow, nice one.
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Raysleek: 7:57pm On Aug 25, 2019
asapeola:

Oga just stick to ur gas supply! We talking nation wide stuff here not gas in KG. How is much is ur own gas per KG? grin
no mind me jare. We just need to argue with facts and learn from each others points. Will give you a contact for an lpg markerter tomorrow.. Just dm me your email.

1 Like

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by asapeola(m): 8:06pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raysleek:

Why are you saying story..now let me help your slow reasoning. The money costumer 1 pay for Rccg generated light.. Rccg makes their operating costs and also profit and pay for the gas they consumed to NGMC( Nigerian gas marketing company) which is a subsidiary of nnpc. ngmc also makes profit and operating cost and pays their suppliers offshore per scf standard cubic feet these suppliers may include (chevron, shell and other exploration companies) so the funds are generated from customer 1 oga. That's the money that goes round. Don't underestimate the power of numbers. How much more when 100 million houses are paying electricity bills.
So u believe ur public "customer 1" pays in full for d little he has received? U believe customer 2 is not stealing power by tampering making it difficult to get full returns for power delivered. The RCCG u keep referencing, were they billing the customers when the during the development of their power programme? Did they av to worry abt the cost of metering? Were they limited by the amount of money they can invest yearly called CAPEX? I dnt no their tariff rate but r they on 31.26 basic rate for residential single phase users?
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Raysleek: 8:08pm On Aug 25, 2019
asapeola:

So u believe ur public "customer 1" pays in full for d little he has received? U believe customer 2 is not stealing power by tampering making it difficult to get full returns for power delivered. The RCCG u keep referencing, were they billing the customers when the during the development of their power programme? Did they av to worry abt the cost of metering? Were they limited by the amount of money they can invest yearly called CAPEX? I dnt no their tariff rate but r they on 31.26 basic rate for residential single phase users?
Oga go sleep abeg.
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by nero22: 8:34pm On Aug 25, 2019
Oga plz where in the world they don't pay electricity bill because it's a social right?
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by naijajobx: 8:37pm On Aug 25, 2019
hmmm
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by naijajobx: 8:37pm On Aug 25, 2019
oh
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by King44(m): 8:47pm On Aug 25, 2019
If it goes on like this I am quite sure it won't end well, highest bidder meaning as more and more people enter into such contract the more costly it becomes so bad, but if there is a way they could ensure it does not sky rocket it would be good but na naija we dey nothing works

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Want To Appear In Court But I’m Afraid Of Arrest — Yahaya Bello / Yorubas React To YOLICOM Call For ODUDUWA Republic (Pics) / Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.