Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,640 members, 7,858,369 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 01:21 PM

Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement (37327 Views)

Sale Mamman: Nigerians Now Enjoy 18 To 24 Hours Of Electricity Daily / Ore Residents Get Electricity After 20 Years Blackout / Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Exponental(m): 6:22pm On Aug 25, 2019
TGMISKY:
There was a time, some years ago when a wealthy man in my place of residence (Mgbuoba in Port Harcourt, Rivers State) wanted to bury his mom, he payed N100,000 (or so we heard) to the Power Holders and we had light in the community from 12pm on Friday till 4pm on Sunday.
This showed that the country can make 24hrs of power a reality but has been playing 'politics' with it.
Corruption is everywhere. That corruption was possible cos the electricity was available that time. More so, Discos only distribute what was given to them, they dont decide it's availability 100%.

2 Likes

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Raysleek: 6:22pm On Aug 25, 2019
Tareq1105:
My brother, the pricing currently is not right. They're finding it very difficult to break even with the current price.

Even you that is running Gen everyday knows that Gen is more expensive.

Consumers, through communities, therefore can now discuss / negotiate agreeable price with the service provider.

If you ask me, I will tell you that it's a reasonable step to take.

Congratulations to the residents of Magodo.

Like I replied to an earlier comment.. Electricity is first supposed to be stable.. In Nigeria it's a world known fact that we don't have stable electricity. When the electricity is stable then it is metered based on a tariff that the discos set. It's not you and I that set tariffs neither were we present when they set their tariff figures. Just like good roads and portable water electricity is a very important social amenity. And every human in Nigeria has the right to stable electricity

4 Likes

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Iamgrey5(m): 6:27pm On Aug 25, 2019
Adakintroy2:
So let me get this straight. The argument has always been there is not enough being generated. Hence shortage. But if one was to cuff out some extra. Out pop more electricity.

Seriouse?
What happens before is load shedding.

The company rations maybe 100mw of electricity amongst those that require 400mw of electricity.

Now after the privatisation of Electricity distribution companies, the new companies identify areas they can get maximum return and give those areas 18hrs, 20hrs or even 24 hrs of Electricity every Day and share the remaining energy amongst residence whre returns are not great.

The aim of every business is to make maximum return, you can't blame them.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by DeRay98(m): 6:27pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raysleek:
Electricity in Nigeria is no more a right and a social a memory but a commodity that is now being sold by the govt to the highest bidder.. If this is true then it's a shame

Electricity companies is no longer owned by govt but by private investors who Jonathan sold them to.
Govt no longer have a hand in the affairs of electronic companies except to regulate.
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Raysleek: 6:32pm On Aug 25, 2019
BuddhaPalm:

Electricity is not a right.

Do they use air to generate it?
I'm looking for the sense in your post. Help me look for it by defining social amenities and listing them all out.
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Raysleek: 6:37pm On Aug 25, 2019
asapeola:

Better you wake up and accept that fact! Electricity is business everywhere in the world. If u want top power then b ready to pay top dollar
If the power is available even though expensive people are a liking to pay no matter what for it. The poor are being bullied based on estimation while the rich are rightly metered. Seems you are the one still sleeping. Pls make sense and don't make noise. FYI I work in a natural gas delivery company.. Supplying natural gas to big companies and camps like Rccg camp for example. They have generating capacity of 30mw. Constant electricity 247 and everyone in the camp is metered with prepaid meters.. The facility has been running since your sense left you. Same with winners camp. Sumal foods in oluyole estate Ibadan just to mention a few. So even if you are a disco official.. You met people working there. You don't know shii

1 Like

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by LANDLORD72: 6:38pm On Aug 25, 2019
CeeJay9ja:
So we should celebrate what other poor countries are enjoying whether rich or poor?
Poor countries pay more for Electricity ask them why Nigerians like to cheat electric company by doing bypass 70% of residential buildings in South South South West are on bypass they don't like to pay bills quote me you are on your own.

1 Like

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Dygeasy(m): 6:40pm On Aug 25, 2019
asapeola:

Pls show me where in the constitution where there's right to electricity? Everybody's shouting Rights. Have u compared our tarrifs with even other African countries' then u can say if power is a right or not.
Maybe you should read my post again to understand better. Cheers.
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Raysleek: 6:41pm On Aug 25, 2019
Dygeasy:
So what is supposed to be a right is what you have to pay extra for?

What happened to creating a tariff that will ensure that the whole country gets constant supply since they are trying to tell us that constant power supply is possible if we can pay for it? Why not take that initiative countrywide?

Who did we offend in this country? Don't our leaders think?
God bless you. It's not only our leaders that don't think. They are plenty in the comment section
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by frankmoney(m): 6:44pm On Aug 25, 2019
Minjim:

What are you implying, that most Nigerians don't pay for electricity?

You can't compare the was these Discos operate in Nigeria to Uk. We are paying for services that's not metered and most times not provided. They should give us weeks on uninterrupted power supply and see whether people won't pay. Do you know how much we spend to power Gens?
not trying to justify anything , but the truth is most nigerians don't pay for electricity
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Raysleek: 6:45pm On Aug 25, 2019
DeRay98:

Electricity companies is no longer owned by govt but by private investors who Jonathan sold them to.
Govt no longer have a hand in the affairs of electronic companies except to regulate.
they were sold with an objective given to them. Besides govt still owns TCN
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by ekitimanalways(m): 6:47pm On Aug 25, 2019
grin
Biritiko:
Na so dem IBEDC no off light for 5 days straight, one time like that .
Come and see as my prepaid meter dy suck card. Chai!
Na me dy pray make dem take the light , I swear grin
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by ekitimanalways(m): 6:49pm On Aug 25, 2019
PapaNnamdi:
it's just a matter of time,

I give the contract 2months,
na transformer go first blow,
then ikeja electric will go back to the USUAL
and when the lawyer that crafted the contract is queried on TV say wetin de happen ,

he will be like
" me I don't know oo"
grin
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by FarahAideed: 6:53pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raysleek:
Electricity in Nigeria is no more a right and a social a memory but a commodity that is now being sold by the govt to the highest bidder.. If this is true then it's a shame

That is what the Buhari govt have been doing , making common electricity the preserve of rich estate's now
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Range63: 6:59pm On Aug 25, 2019
Exactly. They dont understand anything. Electricity is even cheap in Nigeria, compared to other countries.

lakesider:

Tell me a country where electricity is a right.
U need to understand how things works
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by JuanDeDios: 6:59pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raysleek:
The problem is that the government has not allowed them to implement tarriffs that reflect the cost of providing electricity. That's one of the reasons for the continued darkness. This not good enough, yes, but I guess it's a desperate measure in desperate times.
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Divit(m): 7:00pm On Aug 25, 2019
lakesider:

No mind them bros. I tire for these clueless people.

It costs $177 a month to maintain a 24/7 constant electricity supply for a two bedroom apartment in garry, Indiana. That’s roughly 61k NGN here.

Monthly postpaid data and cellular subscription of 30gb costs $80 monthly on verizon! That’s about 29,740 NGN! 30gb on Glo costs 16k here. If you’re ready to pay for services you wish to utilize, I don’t see any reason for it not being rendered. So we are actually enjoying fair services in Nigeria, our real problem is that we are too poor to afford them.

2 Likes

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by asapeola(m): 7:01pm On Aug 25, 2019
[quote author=Raysleek post=81600091]
If the power is available even though expensive people are a liking to pay no matter what for it. The poor are being bullied based on estimation while the rich are rightly metered. Seems you are the one still sleeping. Pls make sense and don't make noise. FYI I work in a natural gas delivery company.. Supplying natural gas to big companies and camps like Rccg camp for example. They have generating capacity of 30mw. Constant electricity 247 and everyone in the camp is metered with prepaid meters.. The facility has been running since your sense left you. Same with winners camp. Sumal foods in oluyole estate Ibadan just to mention a few. So even if you are a disco official.. You met people working there. You don't know shii[/]
You dnt av to b abusive to make ur point raysleek! Mr oil and gas.
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Raysleek: 7:02pm On Aug 25, 2019
JuanDeDios:

The problem is that the government has not allowed them to implement tarriffs that reflect the cost of providing electricity. That's one of the reasons for the continued darkness. This not good enough, yes, but I guess it's a desperate measure in desperate times.
Good point. But many people especially the poorer areas are paying based on estimated billing while the elite are enjoying pay per unit on prepaid meters.

1 Like

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Kinggeezu: 7:03pm On Aug 25, 2019
Nothing new man we get 5 days uninterrupted power supply here in Ikotun ! Courtesy 'Ikeja Electric' we all use Prepaid meters over here though so no high tariffs its just buy d amount u need �

1 Like

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by KingWarri: 7:06pm On Aug 25, 2019
Oluwasaeon:
What is norms in other countries is a miracle in Nigeria

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Raysleek: 7:07pm On Aug 25, 2019
[quote author=asapeola post=81600857][/quote]you are not wrong! RECEIVE SENSE!!!
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by madenigga(m): 7:08pm On Aug 25, 2019
finish work. u cant imagine the kind of businesses are about to move in there
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Okoroawusa: 7:08pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raysleek:
Please go to New York n get electricity as a right.

Nigerians want a Nigeria that will cost them nothing

1 Like

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by SocialJustice: 7:08pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raysleek:
Mention one place in the world where electricity is not a commodity.
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by asapeola(m): 7:10pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raysleek:

If the power is available even though expensive people are a liking to pay no matter what for it. The poor are being bullied based on estimation while the rich are rightly metered. Seems you are the one still sleeping. Pls make sense and don't make noise. FYI I work in a natural gas delivery company.. Supplying natural gas to big companies and camps like Rccg camp for example. They have generating capacity of 30mw. Constant electricity 247 and everyone in the camp is metered with prepaid meters.. The facility has been running since your sense left you. Same with winners camp. Sumal foods in oluyole estate Ibadan just to mention a few. So even if you are a disco official.. You met people working there. You don't know shii
Raysleek! because u supply gas to a privately owned organization does not give u the authority over the entire power value chain in Nigeria! I bet ur still a kid (maybe an intern at d gas supply company). Do u no d the power chain has bn divided into 3? Do u no the installed and currently operational capacities of the 3 sub-sectors? Do u no whatever amount of power generated is divided in an already set percentages within the 11 discos? Do u no that these quantum of energy must be paid in full after deducting ATC&C losses (which is even preset by the regulator).
U just think by working in a gas-refill company, ur now d Lord Manor of the power industry. Beta face ur IT and complete ur logbook as at when due.
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Raysleek: 7:11pm On Aug 25, 2019
lakesider:

define social amenities and list them
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Okoroawusa: 7:12pm On Aug 25, 2019
frankmoney:
not trying to justify anything , but the truth is most nigerians don't pay for electricity
You are right n illegal connections everywhere
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Aarenaija: 7:13pm On Aug 25, 2019
Oh! So others will now have to manage the remaining energy.
What a country we live in. No wonder we have been having unusual shortages of late.
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:14pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raysleek:

God bless you.
This is extortion and exploitation under another name but some brain damaged Nigerians will say 'Buhari is working'.

2 Likes

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Raysleek: 7:15pm On Aug 25, 2019
asapeola:

Raysleek! because u supply gas to a privately owned organization does not give u the authority over the entire power value chain in Nigeria! I bet ur still a kid (maybe an intern at d gas supply company). Do u no d the power chain has bn divided into 3? Do u no the installed and currently operational capacities of the 3 sub-sectors? Do u no whatever amount of power generated is divided in an already set percentages within the 11 discos? Do u no that these quantum of energy must be paid in full after deducting ATC&C losses (which is even preset by the regulator).
U just think by working in a gas-refill company, ur now d Lord Manor of the power industry. Beta face ur IT and complete ur logbook as at when due.
Lol even interns will still grow. And an intern that owns two houses in Lagos is not a bad intern at all so Don't feel so high up your horse.. And don't teach me about power.. Just post your degree let me post mine. While at it you can also post your account statement while I post mine( incase you want to go down that lane).
My own is that you should just have sense.
Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Raysleek: 7:16pm On Aug 25, 2019
asapeola:

Post your qualifications let me post mine Oga leave too much words for women.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest / NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines / ‘ Why There Is Improved Power Supply’ - Acting MD YEDC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.