Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? (34184 Views)

Ladies Can You Date A Guy Shorter Than You / Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? / Can You Marry Lady That Is Far Shorter Than You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:05am On Jun 02, 2007
fekuti:

there was a thread in which numerous people responded about the effect of age on a relationship.  many people on the thread said, "hey it's okay, it's your love that matters"
how come that cannot be applied here.

Those people are full of crap and you know it.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by fekuti: 4:06am On Jun 02, 2007
the few that do are usually jealous which exactly is my point. small boobed girls are jealous of big boobed ones because that's usually the kind of stature men like so they whine in their discussions and midget boys are jealous of tall men and get mad when they see girls discussing it
oh, so first you claim girls don't do it, I tell you they do, and you're now so quick to label those who do it as jealous? lolol. haaha.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:07am On Jun 02, 2007
ayefele200:

being a SHORT man aint a crime in AMERICA, i love my hieght, 5feet 11, baby i want to be your FREIND, dumbo

"I" before "E" except after "c"

anyway I dont work like that. making snide remarks/retarded insults towards me isnt how I take my friendships
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by fekuti: 4:09am On Jun 02, 2007
the few that do are usually jealous which exactly is my point. small boobed girls are jealous of big boobed ones because that's usually the kind of stature men like so they whine in their discussions and midget boys are jealous of tall men and get mad when they see girls discussing it
you see, that's another fallacy in logic right there.
I know of small boobed girls that are glad for the size of their tits because they don't wanna walk around with water melons on their chest.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by ayefele200(m): 4:09am On Jun 02, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

this is the dumbiest reply have ever read, girl grow some balls men, "midget boys are jealous,big boob are jealous lalalallalalalalallalalalalalal, ", only God knows if u still in your teens ,
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:10am On Jun 02, 2007
nevermind fekuti, those who understand my point, kudos and those like you who dont, well that's their problem.

babyosisi and I are pretty much saying the same thing

The point is, we are allowed our perferences in the opposite sex(big boobs/ass for men and tall-"ness" for women) without some jealous gnomes coming around to tell us we're wrong.

If a girl yelled at a dude for wanting a D cup girl, I'd say the same thing.

anyway im done. Im going out. g'night people.  smiley
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by ayefele200(m): 4:11am On Jun 02, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

"I" before "E" except after "c"

anyway I don't work like that. making snide remarks/retarded insults towards me isnt how I take my friendships
a fool knows what that means,
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:12am On Jun 02, 2007
fekuti:

I know of small boobed girls that are glad for the size of their tits because they don't want to walk around with water melons on their chest.

Um duh those proud of their small boobs exist, those arent the ones you will see whining.

anyway ciao
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by fekuti: 4:14am On Jun 02, 2007
yeah o whatever you this girl.

it really doesn't matter how tall,cute,or all of the above. its all about the individuals & the compassion you share 4 one another. you don't have to be perfect just to get a guy/girl. just be yourself. a lot of people need that advise, and that's what I'm helping you realize.

There are fat men dating hot chicks, midgets dating lepa shandis, chinks dating dime black girls, , etc,

Um duh those proud of their small boobs exist, those arent the ones you will see whining.

anyway ciao
and that's exactly why your statement was wrong, you can't lump 'em all in one category and say "oh they're jealous" nonsense and jati jati.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by Nobody: 4:31am On Jun 02, 2007
you guys are fast changing the subject.
women prefer taller men that is a statement of fact and should be no cause for any arguments.
You can't change that

couple of inches,a whole foot,we prefer taller men,period
It' s just woman nature
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by fekuti: 4:38am On Jun 02, 2007
women do not prefer taller men.
"some women" prefer taller men, that's a better statement of fact.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by Nobody: 4:41am On Jun 02, 2007
not some,most.
I dare say all women.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by Nobody: 4:43am On Jun 02, 2007
as TOH said,just like men generally would prefer to have a well endowed women with well defined child bearing hips grin
Women prefer taller spouses with greens in their pockets
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by fekuti: 4:44am On Jun 02, 2007
you dare say all women, and I dare disagree with you, we can go on forever.
@ what if the taller spouse doesn't have greens in his pockets, then what? ehn? "f[i]u[/i]ck all that useless height, it's supposed to put food on the table"

by the way, do you go to sleep everynight telling your husband, "oh hunnie, I'm so happy you're taller than me otherwise this relationship wouldn't work and I wouldn't love you"

ass, tits, and height, don't draw me to a woman by the way. i'm not shallow.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by Nobody: 4:48am On Jun 02, 2007
fekuti:

you dare say all women, and I dare disagree with you, we can go on forever.

by the way, do you go to sleep everynight telling your husband, "oh hunnie, I'm so happy you're taller than me otherwise this relationship wouldn't work and I wouldn't love you"
ass, tits, and height, don't draw me to a woman by the way. i'm not shallow.

now you're sounding funny.
Physical attraction is normal for all humans.
When you see a woman across a room,something attracts you even before you find out she has a brain.
Be honest,it doesn't make you shallow,it makes you human
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by Nobody: 4:50am On Jun 02, 2007
nice discussion,g'nite.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by fekuti: 4:51am On Jun 02, 2007
now you're sounding funny.
Physical attraction is normal for all humans.
When you see a woman across a room,something attracts you even before you find out she has a brain.
Be honest
Ah yes, something does, but hey like you said, we all have our "preferences," right?
if your ass & tits draw me to you, i'm more inclined to see you as a piece of meat, and that's word 2 the mother.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by GNature(m): 4:58am On Jun 02, 2007
It is a well known fact that Women prefer their men taller.

Please see the study done by a university below.

SOURCE: http://www.shortsupport.org/News/0329.html

Tall men and short women go hand in hand

Tall men and short women are the most successful at attracting partners and having children, UK researchers say.

Scientists at the Open University based their finding on an analysis of data from 10,000 men and women born in Britain in one week in March 1958.

They found that the taller the men were, the less likely they were to be unmarried or childless 42 years later in 2000.

For women, however, the opposite was true. It was shorter than average women who appeared to be best at finding partners.

The results are thought to explain why men are generally taller than women.

Dr Daniel Nettle, who led the research reported in the Royal Society journal Proceedings B, said: "It seems that tall men and petite women are favoured in evolutionary terms, even in a modern population, so the height difference between men and women is unlikely to disappear."

The study showed that an averagely tall 1.77 metre (5ft 8ins) man was less likely to have children than a man with a height of 1.83 metres (6ft 1ins).

In contrast, women who were most likely to be married and have children by the same age were between 1.51 metres (4ft 9ins) and 1.58 metres (5ft 1ins) tall. This is well below the national average woman's height of 1.62 metres (5ft 3ins).

The findings support earlier research which suggested that women find taller men more attractive, said Dr Nettle.

But for men height was less important than indications of a woman's fertility.

Short women generally reached puberty earlier than tall women, whose fertility was often delayed because of the extra energy they spent growing.

In addition because women prefer men taller than themselves, tall women were left with a smaller pool of potential partners. This contributed to the evolutionary selection of short women.

Dr Nettle said: "We have come to think that men pay attention to physical characteristics of their mates, whilst women pay more attention to status and resources.

"In the case of height, this is clearly not true. In choosing a husband, size matters."
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by fekuti: 5:08am On Jun 02, 2007
"So you hear all the psycological stories and studies that prove that women want a tall man because in a woman's mind tall men come across as protectors and providers and that basicaly women are looking for this feature asa primal maternal instinct.

Puhhlease! Sure some tall women like tall men, but some also like pigmies, some like their men dark, some like their men fat, some like their men skinny, some like their men, short.

You see its all about choice and impression"

courtesy: ezine.com
many women are indifferent when it comes to the height of their spouse. Love is more important to a marriage than height is.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by GNature(m): 5:33am On Jun 02, 2007
fekuti:

Sure some tall women like tall men, but some also like pigmies

The overwhelming majority of women want their men to be taller than they are, that's just a fact.

fekuti:

courtesy: ezine.com
many women are indifferent when it comes to the height of their spouse. Love is more important to a marriage than height is.

Please provide the link from ezine.com just as I provided one for mine.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by fekuti: 5:45am On Jun 02, 2007
my pleasure

http://ezinearticles.com/?Does-Height-Really-Matter---Do-Tall-Women-Find-Short-Men-Unattractive&id=341456
http://marriage.rutgers.edu/Publications/pubtenthingsyoungadults.htm

by the way GNature, if the woman you love refuses your marriage proposal because you're shorter than she is, just sit in a corner and say "oh it's okay women prefer taller men"
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by Iskwew(f): 6:07am On Jun 02, 2007
I am a bit taller for a woman (5'10"wink but I would marry a man shorter than me. I cannot really say how much shorter, because I really prefer men my height or shorter. I have been with men who are taller, but I don't care for that. It is very very awkward for me, especially more than an inch or two taller. I guess that height is not a significant factor to me. I am looking for a man that is honest, caring, faithful, intelligent and God fearing. If he has these qualities, they are much more important in the duration of the marriage than height. I'm just a simple woman - looking for a good man. I cannot see how height can assure that. So yes, if a man loves me and I, him, but he is shorter, I would marry him. We're all the same size in bed anyway wink
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by fekuti: 6:11am On Jun 02, 2007
Iskwew, I'd like your autograph.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by GNature(m): 6:38am On Jun 02, 2007
fekuti:

my pleasure

http://ezinearticles.com/?Does-Height-Really-Matter---Do-Tall-Women-Find-Short-Men-Unattractive&id=341456

What you have here is someone stating his opinion. The site I referenced was from a study conducted by the Open University of UK. 10,000 people took part in this study, so there is a high degree of legitimacy to it.

fekuti:

by the way GNature, if the woman you love refuses your marriage proposal because you're shorter than she is, just sit in a corner and say "oh it's okay
women prefer taller men
"

I wouldn't fall in love let alone propose to the kind of woman you are referencing here. I am smart enough to figure out if a chick is into me or not, so the issue of marriage proposal doesn't even come into play here.

Only guys with low self esteem date and propose to women that are not into them. I don't belong in that category.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by fekuti: 6:48am On Jun 02, 2007
What you have here is someone stating his opinion. The site I referenced was from a study conducted by the Open University of UK. 10,000 people took part in this study, so there is a high degree of legitimacy to it.
what you have there is not just someone stating his opinion, that someone is said to be an "expert," and i'm sure at least 90% of the stuff written was reasonable.
and not every source of research is legitimate.
you provided me with a research conducted on women born in 1954 if i'm correct, and it's filled with eye-popping conclusions, such as the one i pointed out with regards to the height playing a role in how fertile the couple is able to become.

I wouldn't fall in love let alone propose to the kind of woman you are referring to here. I am smart enough to figure out if a chick is into me or not, so the issue of marriage proposal doesn't even come into play here.

[b]Only guys with low self esteem date and propose to women that are not into them. [/b]I don't belong in that category.
in that sense, I can conclude that you're agreeing with me that women who are into guys / deny guys especially for purposes such as height/ other intangibles are shallow.
and the text I bolded, is not true. men can also fall prey to deceit.
anyway, don't be too sure that you won't fall in love, maybe not in the near future, but you will eventually fall in love.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by GNature(m): 7:07am On Jun 02, 2007
fekuti:

anyway, don't be too sure that you won't fall in love, maybe not in the near future, but you will eventually fall in love.

Where did I say I won't ever fall in love 

I think it is pointless staying here and chatting with you because you can't even stick to the subject matter. I said I can never fall in love let alone propose to the kind of woman you were talking about, you are here saying someone shouldn't be sure they wouldn't fall in love.

adios.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by fekuti: 7:11am On Jun 02, 2007
omg sorry i'm going to say this, but you're so dumb.

You ask:
Where did I say I won't ever fall in love  
and you wrote this:
I said I can never fall in love let alone propose,

now, let it sink in.
and I have been on the subject matter all this time. try to present a clear argument. develop your own fundamental thoughts, don't pull out a non-factual research from nuns-ville.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by fekuti: 7:35am On Jun 02, 2007
ok, now I see what you're saying.
so then yes you are agreeing with me. that height isn't a prerequisite for marriage, and that you won't fall in love based on your woman's height.
so why all the fuss when there shouldn't be any.
anyway b4 I part,
there's just something wrong in say you can't marry a man because he's shorter than you are(assuming the height difference isn't great).
i know it's your preference but it's eye-popping, at least to me.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by Iskwew(f): 4:06pm On Jun 02, 2007
Woa! I shoulda stayed up later last night, thread got busy! hmm, where to start,

I wouldn't fall in love let alone propose to the kind of woman you are referencing here
[/quote]
I think what GNature means here (and please correct me if I am wrong GN) is that he would not be attracted to a woman who is so shallow as to utilize the criteria for love/mating that a man be taller than her. GN would be into a woman who would value the many other wonderful attributes he has to offer. So given that, a proposal would not even be an issue with such a shallow chica.

If he has nothing else going,if he were 5 ft,women would look at him and see a 3 footer and in their minds eye,would imagine putting him in a crib and tucking him in at night.
That is not attractive!
grin OMG g/f, sorry to say, I prefer my men my height or shorter, but i have never ever "imagined" putting any of the fine, sensual, shorter men I have been with into a crib! My bed, sha, wink

Men are visual beings and they love well endowed women that's why breast augmentation is big business,the same way we prefer men taller than us.
[quote]
While I am very amply endowed in my attack, I have actually been informed that they are "too big". There are men out there whose preference is "less is more". Just like there are women who do not want to have to get a crick in our necks cuz of straining just to kiss our man.

while it is true that "you can't live on love" there are a great many short men in this world who work hard, provide for their families, which they have made by making mad, passionate, love to taller women with long long legs who are very satisfied, all the way round!
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:35pm On Jun 02, 2007
I like how fekuti isnt attacking Iswek's comment cos she said she wouldnt mind dating a shorter guy.

predictable. It's so damn retarded to be fighting with girls for having a perference. get over it, kukutes

Gnature, bawo ni jare?  smiley
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by fekuti: 6:49pm On Jun 02, 2007
lol, oriburuku to wole to e wa, ni ko tii je ko mo wipe o ti kan agbako. adagba ma danu
I see no reason to attack a sensible woman, unlike your height conscious self.
you seem to be mentally deficient, but I pray you'll grow up some day to understand that your man being 2-3 inches shorter than you would not deprive you of the happiness/success you seek in a marriage.

this thread is for pinheads like you by the way.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-56970.0.html
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by OmoEko1(f): 9:46pm On Jun 02, 2007
No i can't because am like 5'4 and i need guy who is btw 5'11-6'4 wink wink, short guys are annoying

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

What If A Girl You Don't Like Loves You And Stalks You? / Edet Okon Asim Impregnates 15-Year-Old Girl, In Abortion Scandal / A Special Message For Unmarried Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.