Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? (34143 Views)

Ladies Can You Date A Guy Shorter Than You / Ladies, Can U Marry A Man That Is Shorter Than You? / Can You Marry Lady That Is Far Shorter Than You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Go Down)

Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by NaijaProf(m): 12:47pm On May 16, 2007
These days, we are all aggressive about what we want. And it is not any different with women. Guys want trophy gfs, wives and so on. Now, the question is, how many ladies here can genuinely love and marry a man shorter than they are. I am not saying short ppl are not to be married. Just that, ladies these days want  tall muscular guys as  husbands. What happens to the not-so tall and muscular guys? The word "taller "means you are about 4 inches (and above) taller on bare feet not some high-heel induced height. Honest replies pls.

Naijaprof
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by kike001(f): 2:59pm On May 17, 2007
yeah maybe but hes not gonna be dat short
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by NaijaProf(m): 3:44pm On May 17, 2007
Kike001, when you say he is not going to be that short. what do u mean? numeric values pls. How far can you go in numbers compared to yours?
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by OmoEko1(f): 3:49pm On May 17, 2007
Oh hell no cheesy cheesy cheesy my guy has to be 6ft
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by Aduks(f): 4:12pm On May 17, 2007
Simply no.
Am 6ft, its either we are of the same height or
with inches taller than me.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by OmoEko1(f): 1:13am On May 19, 2007
Aduks:

Simply no.
Am 6ft, its either we are of the same height or
with inches taller than me.

shocked shocked You are 6ft shocked shocked shocked girl it's going to be hard to get a guy oh because most guys does not like tall girls

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by Aduks(f): 10:59am On May 19, 2007
@ omo eko

Says who?
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by sisimose(f): 11:46am On May 19, 2007
@topic
no i can not. its one of the things i love about my husband he is 6''8. it feels nice being enveloped by a tall man, hugs are great wink

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by PTBNaija(f): 8:05am On May 20, 2007
I would not,
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by sisimose(f): 9:43pm On May 22, 2007
PTBNaija:

I would not,
'

that made me smile, it sounds like such a strong statement smiley
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by anusule(m): 10:12pm On May 22, 2007
Omo Eko:

Oh hell no cheesy cheesy cheesy my guy has to be 6ft

lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by Qby: 11:35am On May 23, 2007
I am just 5"0 in height, so i'd say i am brief. I can marry a short man, but marrying a man shorter than me would be equal to marrying a midget.

There is nothing to it except that BRIEF men usually have inferiority complex, and think that people will cheat them or bully them just because of their height. So, they then go for bogus things to prove they are "big", i.e. Huge houses, large cars and women with thunder thighs!!(d more robust, d better), maybe even extra wives. They may also be unneccesarily Wicked/opininated/quarelsome/stubborn etcetcetc, just to drive their existence into your brain.

All in all, marry a man that loves you deeply and can do anything for you irrespective of how he looks:tall, short, thin. fat, muscular, lankyETC. The body(our body) is just a shallow hunk of skin. There is more to life and love than skin.

Besides, the best gifts may come in not so attractive wrappers or as in d Bible advices, don't reject your talent(blessings / man), simply because you think it is small or you don't like how it is packaged.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by jenny2007(f): 12:14pm On May 23, 2007
never!!!
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by Crazybabe(f): 12:58pm On May 23, 2007
it depends on how short da guy is, smiley
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by uyai(f): 12:58pm On May 23, 2007
@ oby. You are on point about some short guys . I know a short guy who behaves like that. He goes about chasing women. He's a player wanna be, i know he's insecure cus he's always talking about his height.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by viee(f): 1:10pm On May 23, 2007
Qby:

i'd say i am brief. I can marry a short man, but marrying a man shorter than me would be equal to marrying a midget.

verry funny
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by mellow(m): 1:11pm On May 23, 2007
I heard short men can be very good in bed. While don't you babes try

them out?

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by NaijaProf(m): 9:08pm On May 23, 2007
Oby, I agree with you. It is a syndrome called Napoleon syndrome after Napoleon Bonaparte, he was brief and surrouded himself with grandiose things so that he will not be reminded of his height. Fortunately or unfortunately, most short men dont like short women, fact. ekpele.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by drrionelli(m): 10:14pm On May 23, 2007
@Omo Eko:

With regard to Aduks, I, myself, am fond of tall ladies.  It's not my sole priority, of course, but tall women are fine by me!   wink

This thread is interesting from its vantage point of women to men.  What I'd like to do is turn the question around--in other words, do the men feel they would be comfortable marrying a taller woman?
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by Rlst84sale(m): 10:30pm On May 23, 2007
I think you ladies need to pray to God to hlep you in your decision on your future partner. Shouldn't you rather be with a man that will genuinely love you and be there with you and your children?. This is not to say that I'm short, I'm above 6'1, but I would rather spend the rest o my flife with a woman that truely loves me and not because I'm tall. Haven't you seen tall pple become short due to sickness/accident?, God forbid bad thing.

That might explain why many ladies even almost passing their prime marriage age are still single and seeking. It's very sad that not everyone will be married, and some might have even missed the one truely meant for them. What is wrong with short people, is it not the same God that created all?, or do they choose the height they were to become?.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by Rlst84sale(m): 10:31pm On May 23, 2007
I think you ladies need to pray to God to hlep you in your decision on your future partner. Shouldn't you rather be with a man that will genuinely love you and be there with you and your children?. This is not to say that I'm short, I'm above 6'1, but I would rather spend the rest o my flife with a woman that truely loves me and not because I'm tall. Haven't you seen tall pple become short due to sickness/accident?, God forbid bad thing.

That might explain why many ladies even almost passing their prime marriage age are still single and seeking. It's very sad that not everyone will be married, and some might have even missed the one truely meant for them. What is wrong with short people, is it not the same God that created all?, or do they choose the height they were to become?.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by jgirl3: 11:28pm On May 23, 2007
With all respect o! No way!
I just can't - being tall is one of the attributes that attracts me to a man. Same height - get as e be, taller - i can wear high heels, best for me.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by Orimolade(m): 3:17pm On May 25, 2007
my present girl friend is taller than me and she loves me so much and we av been dating 4 the past 1 and half year
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by Ezinwannem: 3:43pm On May 25, 2007
I cant date a man younger dan me not 2 talk of marrying him, nope
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by BillGatesFan(m): 9:32am On May 26, 2007
I want to ask you girls one question: What if you have slept with a shorter guy in your life and you found out that he has the biggest DICK you have ever seen in your entire life, and he satifies you more than all your taller guys do,WHAT WILL YOU DO? above all he is stikingly Rich. Will you go ahead and marry your taller, poor,and small Dick guys?
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by BillGatesFan(m): 9:41am On May 26, 2007
I want to ask you girls one question: What if you have slept with a shorter guy in your life and you found out that he has the biggest DICK you have ever seen in your entire life, and he satifies you more than all your taller guys do,WHAT WILL YOU DO? above all he is stikingly Rich. Will you go ahead and marry your taller, poor,and small Dick guys?

You girls makes me laugh oooooooo, anywhere I believe the Bible when it says that a TIME SHALL COME WHEN WOMEN WILL BEG MEN TO MARRY THEM,AND THAT A MAN WILL BE GIVING 10 WIVES TO MARRY JUST TO REDUCE THE HIGH RATE OF UNMARRIED GIRLS .

We men can't wait to experience that very time, it will be sweet and funny at the same time, as we will then be seeing all of you girls now talking rubbish here begging shorter men to please marry you,those of you in the USA will come with Dollars begger Village shorter men to marry you,hehehehehehehehehe grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by fellow(m): 9:53am On May 26, 2007
If ya all marry tall peeps, who should marry people like us who are short!!!!!!11

Never mind jare, at least all my past girlfriends were taller than simple me. I would definately see a tall girl.

DEFINATELY
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by efuah(f): 10:05am On May 26, 2007
Ezinwannem:

I can't date a man younger dan me not 2 talk of marrying him, nope

the topic is a man shorter than u not younger than u

besides a man younger than u is not always shorter than u

and a man older than u might not also be taller than u

height sometimes does not go with ages

@topic i will if it's not too short and if i love him too
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by dakmanzero(m): 10:06am On May 26, 2007
I think many times, women base decisions on the 'picture of the couple'

There's this stereotypical image of a happy couple with the man being a bit taller than the woman. Look at any romance novel and you'll see the girl looking up, the man looking down. Pictures of kissing-same thing. Family pictures-same thing. These 'images' are very important to the ladies.

If she has to look down at you, she thinks of you as a baby. Also be aware that her baby brothers are probably already taller than her- if you appear shorter than someone who calls her 'aunty' every day, she will involuntarily lose respect for you day after day.

The simple solution for a vertically challenged guy is to identify and take advantage of 'pictures' that favour him on a daily basis. One very common 'picture' is the dominant leader flanked by taller subordinates. If a lady sees a 'short' guy surrounded by taller people bowing and giving respect, he will become larger and larger in her 'minds eye' until she doesnt see the height anymore. It will all be respect.

To be fair, I believe that respect and love are just as important in marriage. In fact, I think respect is more important, because love has a way of fading, which is a natural occurence, since the male flesh is naturally inclined to the sin of fornication.

So, next time you see a short guy trying to be the boss or act like the world revolves around him, be careful. He's more likely to succeed at it than you, the tall guy. A short man who can command charisma will have his pick of women.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by Seun(m): 10:25am On May 26, 2007
since the male flesh is naturally inclined to the sin of fornication.
I am male and my flesh is not any more naturally inclined to fornication than a woman's flesh. Aromatic nonsense angry

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by tollu: 10:36am On May 26, 2007
At 5"4, marryin a guy shorter than me would result in my kids hatin me(cos chances are the wuld also be short). And also the images darkmanzero's talkn abt have been firmly imprinted in my brain. Short men are usually rude and obnoxious, marryin 1 mite be short lived, no pun intended. (myopic view? I know).
Re: Can You Marry A Man Shorter Than You? by floodlight(m): 10:58am On May 26, 2007
o forget all this bullshit this ladies are saying 6ft nonsence even if a man dosent have a head once he has money this girls will marry him, many iof them are just looking for a discussion to use a s a decoy, women can marry any man as long as he has money cos thats their real problem, peace out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

10 Categories Of Girlfriends / Why Do Guys Feel Intimidated By Girls With Cars? / Woman With 2 Failed Marriages Finds Love With A Prince Who Is Single

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.