Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,170 members, 7,811,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? (23258 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US / Nigerians In Syria, Are You Back Home?? / For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by nkilirox(f): 11:34am On Oct 28, 2010
I relocated back home approximately 4 months ago and at the time I used to wish there was a service that would help with the transition, but 4 months in, I now realize that its more likely I would be ripped off by my dear dear people and I'm glad I made the not so smooth transition on my own.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by honeric01(m): 12:07pm On Oct 28, 2010
Nigeria is not good, Nigeria is not good, yet those with insights and good eyes are coming in to invest, sit down there, be expecting angels to come build Nigeria for you, i just believe most Nigerians that are out there typing rubbish about Nigeria are cowards who can't fight for themselves.

while you are all whining and moaning, see others doing good to Nigeria, helping the country grow, seeing possibilities where your eyes can't comprehend.

Mobitel Re-enters Telecoms Market With 4g Wireless Broadband Service!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-540704.0.html#msg7031433

[breaking News] Swift Broadband Launched 4g Service In Nigeria!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-540708.0.html#msg7031446
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by BAC: 4:37pm On Oct 28, 2010
Nigeria is a place where wrong is right and right is wrong. If you are righteous don't go there. The minds there are absolutely polluted. If you are serious about your mind , Protect it.

Mine with humbility

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by kabukabu50(m): 6:42pm On Oct 28, 2010
buzugee:

i understand what you are talking about. i also understand that you are trying to make a point just to make a point. how many people are rescued by helicopter in america if they are in bad shape ? maybe if you are rich and live in a rich neighborhood. where were the helicopters when thousands needed to be rescued in the poor parts of new orleans during the flood ? do you know that in a nursing home, all 35 people drowned . all old people. you know how much it costs to maintain a copter ? you think helicopters are just used willy nilly ? make you crash for bad neighborhood for atlanta and wait and see if helicopter will come for you. you go wait till angel gabriel go come snatch up ya soul grin grin carry go o jare

I have no idea where you live in the US,but in atlanta,if someone gets lost on the lake or moutains or rivers,helicopters ARE dispersed to FIND them,dog brigades and search parties, go to look for them, a lake was drained in Atlanta recently to find someone, that will never happen in Nigeria,ever, nobody cares that much.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by GentleSoul2: 7:55pm On Oct 28, 2010
Moved back home in 2004 after sojourning in the US for 9 years! I have had my ups and downs in Nigeria, but things are getting clearer now. First thing I did to gain back my sanity was to stop watching TV. I also stopped reading dailies, tabloids and listening to events around me, because the value system was driving me nuts. Now, I read news about Nigeria online once in a while!

I went back to the States in 2008 for a six month rest, a much needed rest at the time. 

Nigeria is a cool place if you can make a comfortable living!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by atampakoeg(f): 7:58pm On Oct 28, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Laajman(m): 9:41pm On Oct 28, 2010
Very controversial post.
Understandably, this is a very emotional topic for folks on both sides- @ home and abroad.

I left Nigeria exactly a year ago, and so far I have no regrets.
Tho, I've started missing Naija big time, I'm not in a hurry to return.

The way I see it is this: its a wonderful experience to live abroad.
You see things from a different perspective- how things actually work!
You also experience different cultures.

There are millions of opportunities waiting to be exploited back home, but the environment is not where it could be
at the moment.
As for me, sooner or later I'd have to return home, not right now, but sooner or later,
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Elpieda: 11:04pm On Oct 28, 2010
Laajman I feel you,

I left Nigeria just 2 years ago after living in Nigeria for 23 years, I have no regrets so far coming to the states cause God just kept making a way for me and directing my footsteps, As a young single lady looking forward to someday being a wife and a mother, for me home is wherever my husband and children are,
You create your own home and home is where your heart is, North America, South America, Europe, Australia, wherever, as long as I have God i can survive and make a difference wherever i find myself, Nigeria is always in my heart and if God says I have to go back there then so be it, but I wont try to impress anyone by saying I will move back, I am so open to new things and for me it doesnt really matter where i choose to live in the end,

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by marshal4us(m): 11:13pm On Oct 28, 2010
[Nigeria is a place where wrong is right and right is wrong. If you are righteous don't go there. The minds there are absolutely polluted. If you are serious about your mind , Protect it.

Mine with humbility

quote][quote][/quote]

hey, correct yourself quick. i think say na only english una dey speak for uk. that's HUMILITY not HUMBILITY
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by marshal4us(m): 11:18pm On Oct 28, 2010
[qI have no idea where you live in the US,but in atlanta,if someone gets lost on the lake or moutains or rivers,helicopters ARE dispersed to FIND them,dog brigades and search parties, go to look for them, a lake was drained in Atlanta recently to find someone, that will never happen in Nigeria,ever, nobody cares that much.

uote][quote][/quote]

its a clear indication that you are new in america. its no news, ok!
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by kabukabu50(m): 12:02am On Oct 29, 2010
marshal4us:

[qI have no idea where you live in the US,but in atlanta,if someone gets lost on the lake or moutains or rivers,helicopters ARE dispersed to FIND them,dog brigades and search parties, go to look for them, a lake was drained in Atlanta recently to find someone, that will never happen in Nigeria,ever, nobody cares that much.

uote]

The quote was not meant or directed towards you so , shut up

Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by kabukabu50(m): 12:03am On Oct 29, 2010
marshal4us:

uote]

Again,

Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by atampakoeg(f): 11:49am On Oct 29, 2010
Whoever comes here to tell us how America is better than Nigeria is not making a point, neither is that person saying anything meaningful. Nobody is saying Nigeria is equal to America, we all know that one. So, shut up and face the issue at hand.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by rotimiland(m): 1:53pm On Oct 29, 2010
Nigeria for now to me is for those that understand the terrain. If you want to live a righteous life and hit it big, you better stay abroad. Everywhere you go in Nigeria, once people know you are back from abroad, believe me most times they are ready to rip you off.
There is no place like home, we agree. But what do we do when the environment we call home, is not encouraging.
Dont tell me i am not acquainted with the number of:
- Times PHCN interrupts electricity in a week
- Pot holes on Lagos-Ibadan expressway, that caused loss of lives in a year
- Times i voted during elections and my vote did not count
- Companies that closed down between 1999 till date
- Human right activists that lost their lives in the battle to save Nigeria, without acknolewdging them
- Times politicians promise us goodies yet nothing happened
- Graduates roaming the streets with no good jobs
- Times we recycle the same people as ministers
- Bank workers that lost their jobs
- Times Police request 'something for the boys' before they protect you
etc, etc, etc

We all know some of those things may happen abroad too, but it is minimal. Dont let us deceive ourselves, Nigeria needs revolution.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by atampakoeg(f): 2:53pm On Oct 29, 2010
rotimiland:

Nigeria for now to me is for those that understand the terrain. If you want to live a righteous life and hit it big, you better stay abroad. Everywhere you go in Nigeria, once people know you are back from abroad, believe me most times they are ready to rip you off.
There is no place like home, we agree. But what do we do when the environment we call home, is not encouraging.
-  Pot holes on Lagos-Ibadan expressway, that caused loss of lives in a year
- Human right activists that lost their lives in the battle to save Nigeria, without acknolewdging them
etc, etc, etc

We all know some of those things may happen abroad too, but it is minimal. Dont let us deceive ourselves, Nigeria needs revolution.

What a complete falsehood.

Once you are back from abroad, they will try to rip you off? Which kind of people do you relate with?

all those things you listed happens every where, darn!!!

I see you live in Qatar. Nice. Please stay put there.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by AjanleKoko: 3:07pm On Oct 29, 2010
An overflogged argument.
I say it's a personal thing. Nobody needs to move back home if they don't want to.

Though, especially for those living in the UK, you might find yourselves moving back home pretty soon whether you like am or not, as a result of the austerity measures promised by Oga Dave and his Tory buddies. In fact, for anybody looking to relocate to the UK at this point in time, things will be tight oh.

Back home in Naija, there might be more job prospects as a result of PIB, Power reforms, and a whole bunch of infrastructure projects financed by the $500bn Eurobond. So you had better come back to join us in bribing police and area boys to keep safe, and building high gated fences to keep the family members away grin. The end justifies the means, after all said.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by atampakoeg(f): 3:35pm On Oct 29, 2010
[size=18pt]Please move back home. Atiku is paying $1million for teachers. Please it can never get better.[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-541161.0.html
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by rotimiland(m): 6:45pm On Oct 29, 2010
atampakoeg:

What a complete falsehood.

Once you are back from abroad, they will try to rip you off? Which kind of people do you relate with?

all those things you listed happens every where, darn!!!

I see you live in Qatar. Nice. Please stay put there.

@ Atampakoeg, it's either you are not skilled in the use of English words or you are just being deceitful as regards your response to my comment. How can you say my observation is a complete falsehood. Do you know the meaning of COMPLETE FALSEHOOD?.
So, my claim that a large number of bank workers were sacked in Nigeria is false? That politicians renege in their promises, is also false? That Lagos/Ibadan expressway is not in best shape is also false? That our votes during elections no more count again is also false?
Read my comment very well I said such happens abroad but it's MINIMAL.
I am a Nigerian and a proud one, but window-dressing Nigeria when majority of our leaders refuse to do anything, is what i can't do.
You asked about the type of people I relate with. Majority of them are replica of your deceptive self. Imagine you deceiving people:
atampakoeg:

[size=18pt]Please move back home. Atiku is paying $1million for teachers. Please it can never get better.[/size]

When you actually knew that he claimed he pays the American Lecturers the amount ($1m), not Nigerian lecturers.
That's example of how one comes home, get deceived and ripped off.
Thanks Atampakoeg for being a good example of deceits in average Nigerian.
You need to change your way of life, being sincere and truthful pays, no matter whose ox is gored!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by atampakoeg(f): 7:14pm On Oct 29, 2010
rotimiland:

@ Atampakoeg, it's either you are not skilled in the use of English words or you are just being deceitful as regards your response to my comment. How can you say my observation is a complete falsehood. Do you know the meaning of COMPLETE FALSEHOOD?.
So, my claim that a large number of bank workers were sacked in Nigeria is false?  That politicians renege in their promises, is also false? That Lagos/Ibadan expressway is not in best shape is also false? That our votes during elections no more count again is also false?
Read my comment very well I said such happens abroad but it's MINIMAL.
I am a Nigerian and a proud one, but window-dressing Nigeria when majority of our leaders refuse to do anything, is what i can't do.
You asked about the type of people I relate with. Majority of them are replica of your deceptive self.  Imagine you deceiving people:
When you actually knew that he claimed he pays the American Lecturers the amount ($1m), not Nigerian lecturers.
That's example of how one comes home, get deceived and ripped off.
Thanks Atampakoeg for being a good example of deceits in average Nigerian.
You need to change your way of life, being sincere and truthful pays, no matter whose ox is gored!!!

Hhahahaha. Funny. So, its me now deceiving people, not Atiku that made that statement?

You see why you have to come back home from Qatar?

Where did i say he says he pays Nigerian teachers? Mugun.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by rotimiland(m): 7:53pm On Oct 29, 2010
So you can't comprehend your treacherous statement again?
atampakoeg:

Do Teachers in that context, automatically refer to Americans?   
You deceptively edited the original title " I PAY MY AMERICAN LECTURERS, $1MILLION PER MONTH - ATIKU " ,
to suit your dumb self.
You think I am a slowpoke like you. I should come home because Atiku is paying American lecturers $1m. I can see you are a "never-do-well". Instead of you to condemn his actions, you are flaunting it. He stole our money and now using same to pay foreigners. Can you evaluate your level of reasoning, now?
It's obvious you want people to join you in your miserable lifestyle.
When you tell one lie, you tell many to cover up. I just got to know you are under the influence of liquor.
You cretin!
Let's tell the truth and it will set us free.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by nethacker(m): 8:41pm On Oct 29, 2010
hmmm moving back home na long thing, maybe if Oil coy halla me sha grin grin
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by atampakoeg(f): 10:22pm On Oct 29, 2010
rotimiland:

So you can't comprehend your treacherous statement again? Do Teachers in that context, automatically refer to Americans?   
You deceptively edited the original title " I PAY MY AMERICAN LECTURERS, $1MILLION PER MONTH - ATIKU " ,
to suit your dumb self.
You think I am a slowpoke like you. I should come home because Atiku is paying American lecturers $1m. I can see you are a "never-do-well". Instead of you to condemn his actions, you are flaunting it. He stole our money and now using same to pay foreigners. Can you evaluate your level of reasoning, now?
When you tell one lie, you tell many to cover up. I just got to know you are under the influence of liquor.
You cretin!

I can conviniently pay your entire household to go and meet you in miserable Qatar. Send me the bill.

LOL,

Te hehehehe

Na Atiku make you dey fight, no be me. You this liliputic maggot of a junkie. :LOL.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by bomly(f): 1:04am On Oct 30, 2010
I would like to come back home when I am done with my studies. America is a nice place but I still prefer Naija
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by dafuture(f): 8:53am On Oct 30, 2010
With all the Potential Nigeria has?! Absolutely! What do you think I am studying Political Science, Economics (Economic Developement) with a minor in African Studies for? lol I am trying to make myself employable and useful to my Country. Me and a host of other young and even old people sef, I love the interest I am seeing in people who truly want to better Nigeria, I hope we can all contibute and make a positive difference. I am grateful for my education and life here in the U.S and while I was not born here, you will have to see my last name on paper or watch me kneel down to greet my father "e kaaro or min gwo" to know that I am not "American". I think it's about time we start making our homeland more conducive to live so that people are not forced to leave this culture and resource rich Country to attain a better life. Am I crazy about working that 9-5 and paying the mortgage for a home that will probably never be "mine", absolutely not. So yes, to answer your question, I would love to move back home! I am not waiting till it's safe and the welfare of the people is up to par with Countries like Germany and such. These people built their Countries, what makes me so different that I cannot be part of the effort to raise the welfare of my own Country?
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by footreja: 9:55am On Oct 30, 2010
rotimiland:

So you can't comprehend your treacherous statement again? Do Teachers in that context, automatically refer to Americans?   
to suit your dumb self.
You cretin!

@ Rotimiland, just ignore Atampakoeg. She is always not sincere in every comments of hers. The thread is meant for Nairalanders in Diaspora, not for a prostitute like Atampakoeg in Ajegunle. Majority of our leaders' children are abroad, Atampako is here talking rubbish from her brothel. mtschewwww
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by atampakoeg(f): 11:04am On Oct 30, 2010
footreja:

@ Rotimiland, just ignore Atampakoeg. She is always not sincere in every comments of hers. The thread is meant for Nairalanders in Diaspora, not for a love-peddler like Atampakoeg in Ajegunle. Majority of our leaders' children are abroad, Atampako is here talking rubbish from her brothel. mtschewwww

LOL.

You will still eat poison because of me. If you do, please remember to top it up with acid as well.

Goat.

Topic is meant for who in the diaspora? You are one of those who feel so important to Nigeria because you have left her shores? Come back, its for your good. Look, check it, by the time you spend five years wherever you are, go and ask your friends who you left behind what they have been able to make in that same time in Nigeria, and come back here to yearn rubbish still.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by rotimiland(m): 12:28pm On Oct 30, 2010
footreja:

@ Rotimiland, just ignore Atampakoeg. She is always not sincere in every comments of hers. The thread is meant for Nairalanders in Diaspora, not for a love-peddler like Atampakoeg in Ajegunle. Majority of our leaders' children are abroad, Atampako is here talking rubbish from her brothel. mtschewwww

GBAM!
@ Footreja thanks for the exposee.
grin grin grin grin
Actually a slu.t wants us to come home. I don't know her problem if i remain abroad. Is she crying more than the bereaved?. If i enjoy my present place, must it be her headache? I also noticed she tackles anyone who says no to coming home on this thread. Must everyone shares the same opinion with her own.
Instead of Atampako to stop abusing those that have contrary opinions, why can't she travel out and practice her illicit profession (prostitutn) in Italy and get better pay?
Won't spend my time engaging such a w.hore any longer.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by atampakoeg(f): 1:00pm On Oct 30, 2010
LOL

Rotimi

You are a cow and a mis guided and senile snail.

I bet say na s hi t you dey pack for Qatar.

and I hear say Qatar people sh it na so so soft the thing dey soft.

Kai mana.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 30, 2010
rotimiland:

- Pot holes on Lagos-Ibadan expressway, that caused loss of lives in a year
etc, etc, etc
What has this list of historical and non-historical complaints got to do with the poster's question which is inherently very personal.
So if you have a very good job offer or business opportunity you would not move back because of this your generic "whine and moan" list.
For example with enough "pay" issues like electricity and water should be the least of your problems when there are so many convenient alternatives to mains power supply.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by justwise(m): 1:43pm On Oct 30, 2010
tensor777:

What has this list of historical and non-historical complaints got to do with the poster's question which is inherently very personal.
So if you have a very good job offer or business opportunity you would not move back bcause of this your generic "whine and moan" list.
For example with enough "pay" issues like electricity and water should be the least of your problems when there are so many convenient alternatives to mains power supply.

Have to agree with u there.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by rotimiland(m): 3:27pm On Oct 30, 2010
tensor777:

So if you have a very good job offer or business opportunity you would not move back because of this your generic "whine and moan" list.

@ Tensor, what did you mean many convenient alternatives?. If they are available and convenient as you stated, why did many manufacturing companies closed down because of huge cost of running using those electricity alternatives. Where is Dunlop now?. If you are not convinced, go to Agbara industrial estate and check those comatosed companies.
Ask Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN). They will inform you better.
So if i am collecting enough salary, i would not prefer to pay less on a constant power supply?
You dare not play down the importance of electricity to the development of a Nation.
If Harry Akande has his businesses abroad, don't think he is a fool.
That's my opinion and i could not force it into your throat. Likewise must you do same to me.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 30, 2010
rotimiland:

@ Tensor, what did you mean many convenient alternatives?. If they are available and convenient as you stated, why did many manufacturing companies closed down.
because of huge cost of running using those electricity alternatives. Where is Dunlop now?. If you are not convinced, go to Agbara industrial estate and check those comatosed companies.
Ask Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN). They will inform you better.
So if i am collecting enough salary, i would not prefer to pay less on a constant power supply?

Again what has this to do with what I posted. Who knows why some manufacturing companies closed down. ?
Cost, Competition, Prices, Quality control, etc etc ??

I said that there are convenient alternatives to mains power supply and yet you're still saying you as a prospective returnee cannot do without constant power supply!
Again how much you're ready and able to pay for it also depends on how much you value it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man dies in an accident, a day to his wife’s burial in Uyo / Bus Conveying Mourners To Burial Kills Old Man Riding Bicycle In Borno (Graphic) / Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.