Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,094 members, 7,811,067 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? (23255 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US / Nigerians In Syria, Are You Back Home?? / For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Kobojunkie: 1:26am On Oct 26, 2010
invisible!:

Those nets dont last only a year, it can stay ten years if theydont tear. Mosquitoes do bite in the afternoon but ask any Nigerian, we are overestimating this risk. Folks dont even bother to hang nets these days. And truly, its been long I heard about malaria related deaths, but maybe its because I dont visit hospitals often.

I am older than you, for sure.
Overestimating their risk? lol  . . . Like I said, I think you need to interface a bit more with those who work in the health field so they can educate you a bit more on what is actually going on in Nigeria, especially in the area of malaria and other preventable diseases. I get the feeling you are one of those who are only too willing to deny the reality of the situation so they can score some silly brownie point even when the issue at  hand is a very serious one.  
Again, that you have never been directly affected is not reason enough for you to pretend the problem that exists does not. Which Nigerian are my to ask? The ones who live oblivious to the realities in the country or the millions who continue to live with these problems day, after day and have no one to come online to type about it for them?

By the way, from the much you have pushed forth on this thread alone, it is very easy to conclude that all this could have only have come from the mind of a youngling pretending he is aware when he is not aware of what happens 10 blocks from his circle.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by atampakoeg(f): 1:30am On Oct 26, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Overestimating their risk? lol  . . . Like I said, I think you need to interface a bit more with those who work in the health field so they can educate you a bit more on what is actually going on in Nigeria, especially in the area of malaria and other preventable diseases. I get the feeling you are one of those who are only too willing to deny the reality of the situation so they can score some silly brownie point even when the issue at  hand is a very serious one.  
Again, that you have never been directly affected is not reason enough for you to pretend the problem that exists does not. [size=14pt]Which Nigerian are my to ask?[/size] The ones who live oblivious to the realities in the country or the millions who continue to live with these problems day, after day and have no one to come online to type about it for them?

By the way, from the much you have pushed forth on this thread alone, it is very easy to conclude that all this could have only have come from the mind of a youngling pretending he is aware when he is not aware of what happens 10 blocks from his circle.

Yeeeee

Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by atampakoeg(f): 1:35am On Oct 26, 2010
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by NaijaPosh(f): 4:35pm On Oct 26, 2010
TO Kobojunkie i THINK YOU HAVE TO FIRST FORM A RELATIONSHIP WITH THE AMBASSADOR or anyone that you speak to who can make something occur. And also you have to actually give him a tangible project. Sure anyone can give an idea and then hope for something to come out of it, but if you actually give him deliverable than it is harder for you to turn someone down. I am not saying something big will come out of it, but at least I spoke my peace. Also I have other resources he is just one out of many people that can actually do something for me.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Kobojunkie: 4:43pm On Oct 26, 2010
NaijaPosh:

TO Kobojunkie i THINK YOU HAVE TO FIRST FORM A RELATIONSHIP WITH THE AMBASSADOR or anyone that you speak to who can make something occur. And also you have to actually give him a tangible project. Sure anyone can give an idea and then hope for something to come out of it, but if you actually give him deliverable than it is harder for you to turn someone down. I am not saying something big will come out of it, but at least I spoke my peace. Also I have other resources he is just one out of many people that can actually do something for me.
Well good for you! All I am saying is throwing around names have not really helped thousands in the past and it certainly is no guarantee for success. Like I stated, I am glad you are doing something you believe will work but no need pretending others who are not doing exactly the same are somehow not in themselves making attempts of any kind. Many have tried most what you are probably doing, only it probably did not work for them. Does not mean they are by any chance lower beings or something.
Anyways, on the issue of needing resources to help with the move, could you please list what services your company is actually looking to offer with guarantee?
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by NaijaPosh(f): 4:53pm On Oct 26, 2010
I have not written anything that is putting down other people. One of the writers was saying that I was unemployed all I was saying is I actually have credentials and reasons for why I am posting this question. anyways the service is to close the gap of the brain drain in Nigeria. In the next few months we hope to be in contact with serveral companies ideally American companies who are looking for African professionals that got a degree overseas to give them careers in a variety of professions. They would like any other expatriate pay for their ticket back home, equip them with lodging, as well in some cases transportation. In America there will be conferences for those looking for jobs back in Nigeria and a website that will be a resources for those looking for jobs and seminars that will educate the diaspora about the opportunities back home.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Kobojunkie: 5:27pm On Oct 26, 2010
How competitive will the pay for these jobs be?
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by GoldCircle: 5:43pm On Oct 26, 2010
@OP,
why don't u just start a poll. That way, it's gonna be easier to monitor responses on this thread especially as you would be using the information for research purposes.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by NaijaPosh(f): 5:59pm On Oct 26, 2010
Well honestly it depends on your professional, but it will be just as if more competitive than a job in the US ! and I want to start a poll but I do not know where to place it to get the largest amount , let me see if I can get a link to one to post here !
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by atampakoeg(f): 6:01pm On Oct 26, 2010
OP/

Poll wont help. Some people have more than 46 user names.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by NaijaPosh(f): 6:02pm On Oct 26, 2010
ah ah 46 for what , probably 419
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by armyofone(m): 6:05pm On Oct 26, 2010
not yet uhuru
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by atampakoeg(f): 3:22am On Oct 27, 2010
Another diasporian bites the dust:

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20101027394853

US court jails Nigerian for N60m credit card scam
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by 9ja4eva: 5:52am On Oct 27, 2010
atampakoeg:

OP/

Poll wont help. Some people have more than 46 user names.

LOL you are so funny oooooo
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Abuse: 1:52pm On Oct 27, 2010
The will return back home when they are broke.AS IN "BROKE".
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by agabaI23(m): 2:13pm On Oct 27, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Not really. I have no plans to relocate. Not everyone of us are immigrants here. Many have actually made their homes in whatever countries they have found themselves.  By the way, Are you going to include Job security in the package as well? I ask this because it is not simply the case that people do not know how to move back to Nigeria. It is more the case that they consider the risks higher for them down there than wherever it is they currently are. For instance, a man with a good job here, with no papers, would probably want to move back to Nigeria fulltime so he does not have to keep running up and down for papers. Problem however is this same man understands that should he move to Nigeria, there are no guarantees that he can continue the next to comfortable situation he has set up for himself here or can currently afford here. So he is hesitant to move back and probably ends up looking for visa wife or some other crooked way to continue to run function under radar.

Very important points that explain your disposition towards issues in Nigeria. Sorry OP for this 'offtopic' post.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by holydante(m): 2:35pm On Oct 27, 2010
Holy Rabbit,

from who wants to come back home, to name calling, to dissing, to malaria, to plots of land, to oranges, to oceanic bank-to who-knows-what grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.

Nigerians are same all over, argumentative all the way. just grill the poster for enough convincing reasons for his project and answer yes or no.shikinah¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬ tongue
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by seye4nii(f): 3:13pm On Oct 27, 2010
But, Why try to relocate them? They left on their own and should arise and go back to their fathers compound when they want to.[color=#006600][/color] @INVISIBLE, I CAN NOW SEE DAT U AR JEALOUSE OF MY PEOPLE ?
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by EzeUche0(m): 3:17pm On Oct 27, 2010
Why should i move back home?

I enjoy:

McDonalds
Constant electricity
Akata women
Good infrastructure
The rule of law is constantly protected
Obama is president
I can enjoy the nightlife
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by kabukabu50(m): 3:23pm On Oct 27, 2010
How many times do I have to say this , heck naw grin grin
I'm a self made N*&%$ with a fistfull of dollars and my swag is on 100 million.Chumps

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Gamine(f): 3:26pm On Oct 27, 2010
^^^

At first glance, I thought this was V.I

@poster, Home is where the heart is.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by ralphaello: 3:48pm On Oct 27, 2010
@kabukabu50 i cant stop laughing grin rent a car Pls dont touch shocked
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by ezeagu(m): 3:57pm On Oct 27, 2010
kabukabu50:

How many times do I have to say this , heck naw grin grin
I'm a self made N*&%$ with a fistfull of dollars and my swag is on 100 million.Chumps

Chay, see someone calling themselves a Nigger!

Gamine:

^^^

At first glance, I thought this was V.I

@poster, Home is where the heart is.

Mmm! Is it only VI, why not Ajegunle!
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by exng(m): 3:58pm On Oct 27, 2010
fellow nigerians please give the poster a chance, i believe she had good intentions for her post, please i beg of you all,

To be honest with you alot of nigerians in diaspora are looking to come back home and contribute to the development of our dear country, we have seens how things work out there and I believe a few are willing to contribute positively, and to answer your question , YES, you have no home other than your country, at the end of the day you will be asked where are you originally from, guess that sounds familiar,
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by formebyme: 3:58pm On Oct 27, 2010
@invisible n atam,

leave kobojunkie and co to live n die abroad, amidst strangers, no where like home for me,i cant imagine living away from my naija more than 6months max*shudders*
kai, my naija and my pple,Christmas like this na soso chicken them dey pass round the neighbourhood, eid el kabir n ko na ram, where would i be in the world that that would happen
kai*still shudders** shocked
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by makajibbz(m): 4:07pm On Oct 27, 2010
ofcos, i can and i will, cos i'm naija at the end of the day!!

besides yu guys shoutin u.s cos yu had d chance to run there immediatly start labelling nigeria as hell, nonsense
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by seye4nii(f): 4:15pm On Oct 27, 2010
US court jails Nigerian for N60m credit card scam[color=#770077][/color] ,,,,,,,,,,,,B I G D E A L 9 I C E O N E
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by NaijaPosh(f): 4:17pm On Oct 27, 2010
To learn more about the program of what we are trying to do in the US just click this website ,

http://youngproprogramme..com/
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by superstar1(m): 4:23pm On Oct 27, 2010
I knew it will come down to name calling, we vs them mentality of NIN and NID. Nationalities of other countries see themselves as part and parcel of their countries wherever they they are in the world but we always want everyone to believe we took the best decision by stepping out of naija into the greener pastures of wherever we are. Stepping out of the country is your decision and goodluck, I do not belief anyone should be condescending on the people that chose to stay in their motherland. Respect their decisions too, mosquitoes or not, corruption or not, underdeveloped or not, every country has its own societal challenges and it is high time we get down to the posters question and stop thie we vs them non-progressive mentality.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 27, 2010
@NaijaPosh, please go with good English for duping sake--which one is according to your professional? I hate chicks that are this daft.Gussh!
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by NaijaPosh(f): 4:24pm On Oct 27, 2010
excuse me I don't believe you spoke any English in that whole sentence that you just typed ,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man dies in an accident, a day to his wife’s burial in Uyo / Bus Conveying Mourners To Burial Kills Old Man Riding Bicycle In Borno (Graphic) / Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.