Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? (23254 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US / Nigerians In Syria, Are You Back Home?? / For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Kobojunkie: 11:47pm On Oct 25, 2010
@Invisible, please research how many lives that disease claims in Nigeria, Africa and also India each year. compare that with FLu cases here or anywhere, and that might help you make a better case.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by invisible2(m): 11:50pm On Oct 25, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Correction: Not everyone goes abroad with illusions. Matter of fact, most people actually know what to expect. There  are, however, the few who have their hands dirty with crime down in Nigeria, who feel they can continue the same abroad, but get disappointed when they realize they cannot get away with the same nonsense they have been able to back in Nigeria.

Honestly, not a lot of Nigerians move back dejected. I know people who have been here for at least a decade -- no valid papers, no criminal record and these people are hardworking and decent beings. We do not need to INSULT our own just so we can score a brownie point for the side we cling to in most of these emotion laden debates some cannot but get involved in on here.

Dont paint the matter, say you know some there that dont have enough money to haul their behinds back here.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Kobojunkie: 11:54pm On Oct 25, 2010
invisible!:

Dont paint the matter, say you know some there that dont have enough money to haul their behinds back here.

Well, honestly, I don't know anyone like that. But I am guessing there are probably people who do not have the money to go back but I doubt they would want to go back penniless. I know I wouldn't. I mean who would want to land in Nigeria penniless?
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by invisible2(m): 11:55pm On Oct 25, 2010
Kobojunkie:

@Invisible, please research how many lives that disease claims in Nigeria, Africa and also India each year. compare that with FLu cases here or anywhere, and that might help you make a better case.

Dont believe all those data from Nigeria, a country that cant count their people and they can give a correct malaria figure? Just people looking to inflate the figure and get patronage from donor agencies.
Btw, what is the figure of people that die in drug related crimes?
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by hackney(m): 11:56pm On Oct 25, 2010
Im ok over here biko please.
i dont need that nonsense in nigeria.
last december period driving from ikoyi to only lekki took 3hrs.

id-ots doing a u-turn in the middle of the road.
let's not abeg.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Kobojunkie: 12:01am On Oct 26, 2010
invisible!:

Dont believe all those data from Nigeria, a country that cant count their people and they can give a correct malaria figure? Just people looking to inflate the figure and get patronage from donor agencies.
Btw, what is the figure of people that die in drug related crimes?

ROFLMAO!!!

I am sorry but it turns out it is probably the case that the numbers are LOWER than they really ought to be. Sort of like the unemployment rate that is set at about 19.7% for Nigeria. I wholly believe it is at least double that number if anything. Only this week, it was discovered that the number of deaths attributed to Malaria in india is about 3( or was it 13) times higher than old estimates.

Drug related crimes in Nigeria? Why are we now jumping to drugs on this topic? It was weird enough that someone introduced disease without even using his head to reason on that one.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by invisible2(m): 12:03am On Oct 26, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Well, honestly, I don't know anyone like that. But I am guessing there are probably people who do not have the money to go back but I doubt they would want to go back penniless. I know I wouldn't. I mean who would want to land in Nigeria penniless?
But their parents have arable land back home where they can farm na? Why suffer themselves like that?
hackney:

Im ok over here biko please.
i dont need that nonsense in nigeria.
last december period driving from ikoyi to only lekki took 3hrs.

id-ots doing a u-turn in the middle of the road.
let's not abeg.

Givesyou time to evaluate the scenery and appraise some real estate. Why spend your life in haste?
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Kobojunkie: 12:07am On Oct 26, 2010
invisible!:

But their parents have arable land back home where they can farm na? Why suffer themselves like that?
Whose Parents? Aren't you making a huge leap there in your assumption that their parents have farms somewhere?
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by invisible2(m): 12:08am On Oct 26, 2010
Kobojunkie:

ROFLMAO!!!

I am sorry but it turns out it is probably the case that the numbers are LOWER than they really ought to be. Sort of like the unemployment rate that is set at about 19.7% for Nigeria. I wholly believe it is at least double that number if anything. Only this week, it was discovered that the number of deaths attributed to Malaria in india is about 3( or was it 13) times higher than old estimates.

Drug related crimes in Nigeria? Why are we now jumping to drugs on this topic? It was weird enough that someone introduced disease without even using his head to reason on that one.

No bros, I was talking about drug related deaths abroad in comparison to malaria deaths in naija.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by chyz(m): 12:10am On Oct 26, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Whose Parents? Aren't you making a huge leap there in your assumption that their parents have farms somewhere?

ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Kobojunkie: 12:11am On Oct 26, 2010
invisible!:

No bros, I was talking about drug related deaths abroad in comparison to malaria deaths in naija.

Please let us use our heads here. Even drug dealers here have access to healthcare --- You will be shocked that they do not drop dead like flies as you will assume. So, no, you cannot even compare that with Malaria deaths in most of the developing world. To attempt such will be to reveal ignorance. Please, get back to the topic
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by invisible2(m): 12:15am On Oct 26, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Please let us use our heads here. Even drug dealers here have access to healthcare --- You will be shocked that they do not drop dead like flies as you will assume. So, no, you cannot even compare that with Malaria deaths in most of the developing world. To attempt such will be to reveal ignorance. Please, get back to the topic
Sorry, are you saying those that are sick with malaria in naija have no access to hospitals.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by invisible2(m): 12:21am On Oct 26, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Most do, I know a guy who sold his dads 10 plots of land and travelled to Austria where he is picking oranges for a white farmer.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Kobojunkie: 12:21am On Oct 26, 2010
invisible!:

Sorry, are you saying those that are sick with malaria in naija have no access to hospitals.
Sigh . . . . the point is the Malaria situation in the developing world is nothing to make JOKES about/make light/ or attempt to compare with anything happening in the western world in the childish manner many are used to doing. What next will you do? Compare the number of disabled in Nigeria with that of those in developed countries? Please understand when something is bothering on stupid and know to stop, even if your ego urges you continue. Thousands of children, many below the age of 5, die yearly from malaria, I am not certain you would be here trying to make this stupid comparisons if your child has fallen victim to such.
This Nigeria vs developed world match is nothing but stupidity, and I refuse to get into it if that is what you are trying to drive this to. The topic here is one probably asked by someone looking to do something rational. I would rather continue we continue with that.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Kobojunkie: 12:23am On Oct 26, 2010
invisible!:

Most do, I know a guy who sold his dads 10 plots of land and travelled to Austria where he is picking oranges for a white farmer.

So never mind that he SOLD the land(I am guessing he can't go back to the land anymore), you have an issue instead with him picking oranges for a white farmer? Has this man expressed interest in moving back home to his father or Nigeria? Or are you assuming that because he is, according to you, picking oranges for a white farmer, his condition is definitely a miserable one, and he( not sure if you read his mind or anything) would rather be back in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by atampakoeg(f): 12:25am On Oct 26, 2010
invisible!:

Te he he.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by invisible2(m): 12:32am On Oct 26, 2010
Kobojunkie:

So never mind that he SOLD the land(I am guessing he can't go back to the land anymore), you have an issue instead with him picking oranges for a white farmer? Has this man expressed interest in moving back home to his father or Nigeria? Or are you assuming that because he is, according to you, picking oranges for a white farmer, his condition is definitely a miserable one, and he( not sure if you read his mind or anything) would rather be back in Nigeria?

If only you know that Oceanic bank bought one of those plots for N17 million two years ago,now how many oranges is that worth?
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by kcjazz(m): 12:33am On Oct 26, 2010
How did this topic get to malaria? embarassed
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by atampakoeg(f): 12:37am On Oct 26, 2010
invisible!:

If only you know that Oceanic bank bought one of those plots for N17 million two years ago,now how many oranges is that worth?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Kobojunkie: 12:39am On Oct 26, 2010
invisible!:

So what? Why exactly is it your business? You didn't answer the questions asked. Is this particular man telling you that he is suffering? Is he crying that he wants to head back to Nigeria? Is it the case that he does not have money to travel back to Nigeria if he wanted to? Did he express to you that he hates working where he does out on the farms? I am trying to understand what your point is, if any? Why are you the arbiter for this particular man's case?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by invisible2(m): 12:39am On Oct 26, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Sigh . . . . the point is the Malaria situation in the developing world is nothing to make JOKES about/make light/ or attempt to compare with anything happening in the western world in the childish manner many are used to doing. What next will you do? Compare the number of disabled in Nigeria with that of those in developed countries? Please understand when something is bothering on silly and know to stop, even if your ego urges you continue. Thousands of children, many below the age of 5, die yearly from malaria, I am not certain you would be here trying to make this silly comparisons if your child has fallen victim to such.
This Nigeria vs developed world match is nothing but stupidity, and I refuse to get into it if that is what you are trying to drive this to. The topic here is one probably asked by someone looking to do something rational. I would rather continue we continue with that.

I dont mean to make light of malaria situation, what am saying is that its no longer as bad as we paint it. There are nets here but some dont need it. My home has never witnessed mosquitoes, ever. To think someone will escape naija because of malaria is odd.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by atampakoeg(f): 12:40am On Oct 26, 2010
Invincible.

Moreeeeeeeeee

Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Kobojunkie: 12:43am On Oct 26, 2010
invisible!:

I dont mean to make light of malaria situation, what am saying is that its no longer as bad as we paint it. There are nets here but some dont need it. My home has never witnessed mosquitoes, ever. To think someone will escape naija because of malaria is odd.
I think rather than trying to excuse the situation, you would do better to get yourself a better understanding of what the situation really is.
No, it has actually not gotten better. It gets worse by the day and that is why organizations around the world are investing billions each year into research to help tackle the problem and bring down the death rate.
By the way, are you somehow suggesting that people have no right to escape Nigeria because of Malaria. I have a friend who had to do same for health reasons. Are you suggesting she is not allowed because you say so or that people cannot do it?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by atampakoeg(f): 12:46am On Oct 26, 2010
Invisible:

Don't argue with an ibex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TugslL45aXk
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by invisible2(m): 12:47am On Oct 26, 2010
Kobojunkie:

So what? Why exactly is it your business? You didn't answer the questions asked. Is this particular man telling you that he is suffering? Is he crying that he wants to head back to Nigeria? Is it the case that he does not have money to travel back to Nigeria if he wanted to? Did he express to you that he hates working where he does out on the farms? I am trying to understand what your point is, if any? Why are you the arbiter for this particular man's case?

No, am only saying he missed out on N170 million worth of land and he has not come back since the past 12 years to give us any oranges and yes, his girlfriend/fiancee is complaining bitterly, age is no longer on her side.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Kobojunkie: 12:51am On Oct 26, 2010
invisible!:

No, am only saying he missed out on N170 million worth of land and he has not come back since the past 12 years to give us any oranges and yes, his girlfriend/fiancee is complaining bitterly, age is no longer on her side.
But again, I don't understand why you yourself have chosen to make yourself arbiter in this case. I can't shake the feeling that you are probably being very naive there thinking the guy is suffering since he has yet to show up for 12 years, according to your claim there. Why not allow the man run his life as he chooses? Is he the one complaining of his life and situation to you or are you out there making yourself judge of his case -- a case you are probably not fully aware of?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by invisible2(m): 12:58am On Oct 26, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I think rather than trying to excuse the situation, you would do better to get yourself a better understanding of what the situation really is.
No, it has actually not gotten better. It gets worse by the day and that is why organizations around the world are investing billions each year into research to help tackle the problem and bring down the death rate.
By the way, are you somehow suggesting that people have no right to escape Nigeria because of Malaria. I have a friend who had to do same for health reasons. Are you suggesting she is not allowed because you say so or that people cannot do it?

Its getting better because there are more nets now, free nets from NGOs around the world. One can escape temporarily for health reasons, but to run permanently is not good enough. They will run back here if we librate this country, they will then tell us they hate winters!
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Kobojunkie: 1:04am On Oct 26, 2010
invisible!:

Its getting better because there are more nets now, free nets from NGOs around the world.
uum . . . nets have been provided for decades. I remember getting my free net back in the 80's when I was in secondary school. Not certain why you are posting as if they are brand new WONDERS in the fight against malaria. ROFLMAO!
Actually, the government(yar adua) purchased millions worth of nets but that only goes so far and the nets are to be replaced each year. I am not certain Jonathan has any plans to continue that program as it was really expensive, to say the least. 
But no, the malaria situation is not really dying down. If anything, it is been discovered that mosquitoes now bite during the day and at night as well, and the parasite is becoming more and more resistant to drugs.
invisible!:

They will run back here if we librate this country, they will then tell us they hate winters! One can escape temporarily for health reasons, but to run permanently is not good enough.
How old are you?  I get the sense I am chatting with someone who still clings to the innocent/myopic view of life there. People can do what they want and no law works against them even in that.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Kobojunkie: 1:07am On Oct 26, 2010
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by atampakoeg(f): 1:15am On Oct 26, 2010
angry angry angry angry angry angry

Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by invisible2(m): 1:19am On Oct 26, 2010
Kobojunkie:

uum . . . nets have been provided for decades. I remember getting my free net back in the 80's when I was in secondary school. Not certain why you are posting as if they are brand new WONDERS in the fight against malaria. ROFLMAO!
Actually, the government(yar adua) purchased millions worth of nets but that only goes so far and the nets are to be replaced each year. I am not certain Jonathan has any plans to continue that program as it was really expensive, to say the least. 
But no, the malaria situation is not really dying down. If anything, it is been discovered that mosquitoes now bite during the day and at night as well, and the parasite is becoming more and more resistant to drugs.
How old are you?  I get the sense I am chatting with someone who still clings to a myopic view of life there.

Those nets dont last only a year, it can stay ten years if theydont tear. Mosquitoes do bite in the afternoon but ask any Nigerian, we are overestimating this risk. Folks dont even bother to hang nets these days. And truly, its been long I heard about malaria related deaths, but maybe its because I dont visit hospitals often.

I am older than you, for sure.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by 9ja4eva: 1:21am On Oct 26, 2010
@Poster

Yes to your question.I believe if we want to change our Country we must all work towards it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man dies in an accident, a day to his wife’s burial in Uyo / Bus Conveying Mourners To Burial Kills Old Man Riding Bicycle In Borno (Graphic) / Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.