Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,212 members, 7,811,580 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? (23261 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US / Nigerians In Syria, Are You Back Home?? / For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by shotuns: 3:13am On Oct 28, 2010
Can please stick to the topic fellow Nigerians,
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by bawomolo(m): 3:14am On Oct 28, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Ekiti State is where I was born, the only home that I know, the only place where I can be free, beautiful environment farms dams rives rocks scenery.

Would I? I def can't wait to, I already got a house in my name at HOME .  J[b]ust waiting for the constant lights, job guarantee, constant electricity, basic things like laundry, safe garbage dump,etc.[/b] I don't want it to get TOO developed tho. I want both; village with farms/vegetation and modern development.

Crossing my fingers.

you are waiting for it to fall on your lap? let me guess, you want low taxes too right.

buzugee:

like i said, noise ordinances are intrusive ways of disrupting peoples lives. this is how white people live. white people are trying to impose their way of living on the rest of us. thats all that is. there were no noise ordinances when i was growing up in ikeja and life was great. wasnt even an issue. if you ask me, noise ordinances are a subtle racist tool to keep black people meek. white people are generally meek and stiff upper lipped and it pisses em off to see that other people are not like this. black people are inherently vocal people. you know how many black folk have been hauled off to the county jail for having conversations in their own home ? noise ordinances were enacted in america after the black slaves were released as a way to keep them in check. and the ones who disobeyed were either lynched or incarcerated

i don't think noise ordinances are racist.  i see them as necessary.   i personally wouldn't want to be tortured by neighbor blasting gucci mane and waka flock flame all nite long.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Nobody: 3:17am On Oct 28, 2010
bawomolo:

you are waiting for it to fall on your lap? let me guess, you want low taxes too right

Hehehe, what do you mean? grin
So you want me to go to ekiti now, with my ada and cutlass, threatening the GOV for development abi?

buzugee:

can i come with you ? i am a good gardener grin
Una get muscles?

Cuz you won't only be the Gardner, I'll need someone to pound my iyan and cook my egusi, sweep the compound daily[morning/night], wash my clothes and. . . .well that's about it for now.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by buzugee(m): 3:21am On Oct 28, 2010
bawomolo:

you are waiting for it to fall on your lap? let me guess, you want low taxes too right.

i don't think noise ordinances are racist.  i see them as necessary.   i personally wouldn't want to be tortured by neighbor blasting gucci mane and waka flock flame all nite long.  

grin grin grin gucci mane and waka flocka grin grin grin grin
i still think noise ordinances are racist. http://www.topix.com/forum/source/wtvr/T7UJEPKRT6NS74L3B/p2
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by kabukabu50(m): 3:22am On Oct 28, 2010
buzugee:

can i come with you ? i am a good gardener grin

I think you are missing my point,30 minute wait can be the difference between life or death,but I guess you don't understand what I am drawing at there so I will leave it at that.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by buzugee(m): 3:22am On Oct 28, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

So you want me to go to ekiti now, with my ada and cutlass, threatening the GOV for development abi?
Una get muscles?

Cuz you won't only be the Gardner, I'll need someone to pound my iyan and cook my egusi, sweep the compound daily[morning/night], wash my clothes and. . . .well that's about it for now.
you be paraplegic ?
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by bawomolo(m): 3:27am On Oct 28, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Una get muscles?

wouldn't that be a classic case of not reaping what you sow. if you are going to be pro-ekiti or whatever then be active about it rather than waiting for progress on the sideline. did azikwe wait for nigeria's independence in the US?
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by buzugee(m): 3:28am On Oct 28, 2010
kabukabu50:

I think you are missing my point,30 minute wait can be the difference between life or death,but I guess you don't understand what I am drawing at there so I will leave it at that.
i understand what you are talking about. i also understand that you are trying to make a point just to make a point. how many people are rescued by helicopter in america if they are in bad shape ? maybe if you are rich and live in a rich neighborhood. where were the helicopters when thousands needed to be rescued in the poor parts of new orleans during the flood ? do you know that in a nursing home, all 35 people drowned . all old people. you know how much it costs to maintain a copter ? you think helicopters are just used willy nilly ? make you crash for bad neighborhood for atlanta and wait and see if helicopter will come for you. you go wait till angel gabriel go come snatch up ya soul  grin grin carry go o jare
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Nobody: 3:32am On Oct 28, 2010
buzugee:

you be paraplegic ?

LOL. . . .kilode?
I want to live the life nau.

bawomolo:

wouldn't that be a classic case of not reaping what you sow.   if you are going to be pro-ekiti or whatever then be active about it rather than waiting for progress on the sideline.  did azikwe wait for nigeria's independence in the US?
Sigh.
I knew where this was going.
Of course I'm not going to wait till EVERYTHING is alright. . . .charity needs to start from home.
Are YOU going back home? Are YOU going back before you start seeing the positives? undecided
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by buzugee(m): 3:32am On Oct 28, 2010
bawomolo:

wouldn't that be a classic case of not reaping what you sow.   if you are going to be pro-ekiti or whatever then be active about it rather than waiting for progress on the sideline.  did azikwe wait for nigeria's independence in the US?
right right bawomolo  grin grin i guess you told her  grin grin
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Nobody: 3:33am On Oct 28, 2010
buzugee:

right right bawomolo  grin grin i guess you told her  grin grin
shatttap grin
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by buzugee(m): 3:37am On Oct 28, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

shatttap grin
grin grin make me
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by bawomolo(m): 3:38am On Oct 28, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Of course I'm not going to wait till EVERYTHING is alright. . . .charity needs to start from home.
Are YOU going back home? Are YOU going back before you start seeing the positives? undecided

lol home is where you make it but am i the pro-ekiti nationalist here.    It doesn't seem like you to want to fight for what you believe in.  

what does this have to do with me? am i the one who wants a job to fall on his lap
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Nobody: 3:41am On Oct 28, 2010
bawomolo:

lol home is where you make it but am i the pro-ekiti nationalist here.    It doesn't seem like you to want to fight for what you believe in.  

what does this have to do with me?

I will fight for what belongs to me and my ppl. But I will not go home blindly, anticipating on fighting with nothing.
When I see that something has started, then I'll join in to move a NATION [yes, nation] of good people.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by bawomolo(m): 3:43am On Oct 28, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I will fight for what belongs to me and my ppl. But I will not go home blindly, anticipating on fighting with nothing.
When I see that something has started, then I'll join in to move a NATION [yes, nation] of good people.

most of the work would be done by the time there is constant electricity, water, jobs and the likes for you.    you basically want to ride the bandwagon and not exactly fight for what belongs to you.   nothing wrong with that, who doesn't like better thing.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Nobody: 3:49am On Oct 28, 2010
bawomolo:

most of the work would be done by the time there is constant electricity, water, jobs and the likes for you.    you basically want to ride the bandwagon and not exactly fight for what belongs to you.   nothing wrong with that, who doesn't like better thing.

What are you talking about? Don't make unjustified assumption.
Who are you to tell me that I will not fight?
If I am not the commander, why should I blindly lead a battle ?
There's something called smart thinking.
I don't sit here thinking my ppl at home are not doing anything, I don't sit here thinking I am better than them that can get the job down. I know if my people at home knew the next time, they'd have done it. I do not have the powers to get rid of bad governance that plagues my state. We're closely watching Fayemi and his next step. . . . we're praying that he's not "another one". If he shows signs of that, then he better be ready to be gone.

When my people at home, since they're at home and know how things goes, start making a positive move, then with all the power invested in me, I am ready to move.

Going home without knowing nothing, thinking my money is going to make a change is making a blind move!
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by bawomolo(m): 3:53am On Oct 28, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

We're closely watching Fayemi and his next step. . . . we're praying that he's not "another one". If he shows signs of that, then he better be ready to be gone.

yeah that always works
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Nobody: 3:54am On Oct 28, 2010
bawomolo:

yeah that always works
Like I said after that. . . . if he's not meant to be, he's not meant to stay cool cool
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by bawomolo(m): 3:56am On Oct 28, 2010
and would prayer impeach him? make i go sleep jare
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Nobody: 4:02am On Oct 28, 2010
bawomolo:

and would prayer impeach him? make i go sleep jare

You know how we did it this time. . . . we'll do the same again. cool
I never said prayer would impeach him, I siad we pray he performs better. Understand the difference? good.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by neowelsh(m): 8:00am On Oct 28, 2010
Nigeria can only be built by Nigerians, but lets be sincere 2ourselves, no Young Nigerian brought up in dis country would want 2come back until he/she is 40-50 years old.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by InkedNerd(f): 8:20am On Oct 28, 2010
@OP: I wouldn't mind. I wanna help build my country.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by atampakoeg(f): 8:45am On Oct 28, 2010
^^^^^

Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 28, 2010
@ Ileke-IdI , you will raher fight ur husband or bf. Hahaha No one fights jack here!
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by ceasyc(f): 9:31am On Oct 28, 2010
with enuf dough i most def will move bk home
home is home even if na rubbish 9ja
grin
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by dustydee: 9:33am On Oct 28, 2010
I love my country, no be lie, how about visiting other countries of the world,go shopping in the US, holiday in the Bahamas and stop over to see the queen on my way back to naija. grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by dustydee: 9:36am On Oct 28, 2010
For those that left cos of malaria, good luck to u. Had malaria like 3 times in the last 2 years,don't use a net(cos I don't need to) treated myself(no need to see a doctor to treat malaria) and how much did it cost me?No you got it wrong. cost me less than N1000. grin
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by InkedNerd(f): 9:46am On Oct 28, 2010
atampakoeg:

^^^^^

Hehehe, thanks grin

ceasyc:

home is home even if na rubbish9ja grin

Yupp
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by kulutempa: 10:01am On Oct 28, 2010
You guys would do well to draw insipiration from this young lady doctor who left behind a comfortable life in England to blaze the trail in Nigeria with an innovative air ambulance service. As they say, some can talk the talk, and some can walk and work the talk.

Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Meldrick(m): 11:02am On Oct 28, 2010
neo_welsh:

Nigeria can only be built by Nigerians, but lets be sincere 2ourselves, no Young Nigerian brought up in dis country would want 2come back until he/she is 40-50 years old.
Your opinion.
Lots are coming back.

You want to wait till you are almost a liability b4 u come home. We sure will kick u back.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by atampakoeg(f): 11:10am On Oct 28, 2010
we dont want people who are just coming to add to the number but people coming with their experience and resources to make a difference.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by 190: 11:13am On Oct 28, 2010
ceasyc:

home is home even if na rubbish 9ja
grin

same thing wiv me!! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man dies in an accident, a day to his wife’s burial in Uyo / Bus Conveying Mourners To Burial Kills Old Man Riding Bicycle In Borno (Graphic) / Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.