Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,422 members, 7,836,686 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

How Do I Know He Loves Me? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Know He Loves Me? (30408 Views)

He Says He Loves Me, Yet Asked Other Girls Out (photos inside) / He Wants Me To Marry Him Thinking I Didn't Know He's Gay / I don’t mind if my partner cheats, as long as he loves me – Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by Modernist: 6:49pm On Sep 17, 2019
Op seems insecure, the guy loves you if he can't do without telling you his plans, Always makes long term plans that involves you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:50pm On Sep 17, 2019
Madam ever heard of Heisenberg uncertainty principle?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by paddyofboss(m): 6:50pm On Sep 17, 2019
If you didnt state it that you created a new account we won't respond to your post abi? And why do y'all have to start with "SO"...
Date other guys and then weigh your options. All relationship does not lead to the altar some.ends in the 'oza room'
Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by Mariangeles(f): 6:51pm On Sep 17, 2019
iLegendd:
I wish I know.
Aren't you the "acclaimed" love doctor ? undecided
Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by phillipsadeojo(m): 6:51pm On Sep 17, 2019
You are confusing her even me, am totally confused with your grammar!
marvelous000:
I want to be sincere with you as a man; you're in a precarious relationship, and you shouldn't be much emotionally invested in that relationship.
be circumspect with your dealing with him, while trying to make him concede emotionally and commitment wise. if he equivocates, then start making plans to jump ship, while approaching the relationship with stolidity until you see the end.

if it turn out palatable-fine, but if it turn out awry; then you'd be better equipped to handle heartbreak in any form it might rear it head.

because by his demeanor, there isn't a palpable ground to reach a conclusion whether he loves you or not. but there's something surreptitious and oblique about him, which is why you've got to be careful.

Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by ityP(m): 6:51pm On Sep 17, 2019
pocohantas:
Na 26 yrs old guy make you type this epistle?

Hahahahahahaha

I remember one babe my bro dated when he was about that age. Naso them do love ooo, till the girl go marry.

It has been three years and my brother is still doing boyoyo.

Asking me if he should carve his beards like Mario abi na Mayweather.

Na transitional bf be that o.

You have sense. Most men that age never even contemplate marriage. Any lady who is seriously involved with a guy that age is on a long thing. She fit wait tire

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by macfish101(m): 6:51pm On Sep 17, 2019
You can never know. Just enjoy it while it lasts.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 17, 2019
marvelous000:

I'm sorry if i sound obfuscating, but it's my writing proclivity.

please come and teach me how to learn huge vocabulary..what's the best way? How were you able to inculcate it in your daily English-speaking?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by dangoteinlaw: 6:55pm On Sep 17, 2019
DrHoganObi:

Baba u sabi English oo. Great input man. Ur tuition no waste. This is the best input.
and his kind will still come out third class in engineering, there's strength in simplicity, no one cares if u are a genius. State the facts and dump the rest

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by franchasng: 6:56pm On Sep 17, 2019
Purfee:
Good day Nairalanders,

So I had to create another account to share my story.
Please I need sincere counsels from you all.
Now to my story.

I'm in a relationship with a guy for almost a year now. We actually both left previous relationships to be together. In the start of our relationship we were together for few months before it became a distant one.

While we were together I know he loves me but maybe not as much as I would have loved it. We've had issues he has strived to settle and all. When it became distant, he got a job and the relationship got strained cause we weren't communicating as much as we used to. Initially he got a really low paying job but that was in the midst of guys. I still had all the attention. But when he got a job in the midst of plenty females.. Young guys and ladies I felt the relationship strained. I had reasons to accuse him of not loving me. And he says what do I know about guys in love. He loves me and all. Now I feel that I tend to love him a lot. I worry about him being close to other girls at his place of work.

He recently just got a browsing phone and I saw his close conversation with girls at his place of work and he says they are just his friends.

Of a truth all these happening has given me different causes to worry a lot. This is a guy I love so much. We don't even chat much and he doesn't flaunt me on Whatsapp at least. Since he came online he's only uploaded a picture of me once and a picture of us on the day he was traveling abroad.

Now that's another crux of the matter. He travelled after months of we being distant. He says he will come back after a year. He says he's leaving so our lives can get better and we'll achieve our goals.

His friends were telling me he will come back for me. I saw him off to the airport though.

Lemme quickly round up my story here.

I love my boyfriend so much. He says he does too but I'm not feeling it as much. I saw his close conversations and pictures of girls on his phone and he says they are his friends just barely three months of working.

How do I know he loves me as much and how do I put my mind at rest. I know his mum and family members. He knows some of my siblings too. I'm 24 and I hope to get married soon.

He says I crave for attention a lot and I take relationship too personal.
He says he loves me but it doesn't sound weighty too me. And how do I know he'll fulfil all he's promised to fulfil. He's 2yrs older.

I hope y'all can put the tiny bits of my story together and advise me.

Thank you.

Ask questions too I'll be ready to answer.
which country did he travel to Was it the job that took him there or he resigned to travel abroad to seek for greener pastures

How old is he Give me clue about his tribe or state of origin, and also your own tribe, what do you do now, answer my questions honestly and I will tell u what will happen to your relationship.

That's if u answer honestly.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by CirocBoi(m): 6:58pm On Sep 17, 2019
I will advice you to fvckk off now and make yourself a better person..........

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by toseenore(m): 6:58pm On Sep 17, 2019
Like seriously ehn.....
Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by Purfee(f): 6:58pm On Sep 17, 2019
Thank you so much.
I'm rounding up my masters program soon.
Plus I have a business I'm running too. Though there are some challenges now.
I hope to get a job to support my business too.
And I used to have lots of male friends that made him insecure then.
But I'm actually not close to most of them again.
Funny enough I'm not the lovey dovey type.
I just happen to love this guy so much.
I think when I love I love fully, that was the case with my ex before things fell apart.
desvi:
Purfee,

there are no guarantees in life or relationships.
now to your question, how do you know he loves you?
you feel it!
your problem is that you don't feel his love
trust your intuition
if you feel he is withdrawing, then he is
if you want to fix it, leave it alone
don't nag
it's a sure way to push him away more

you MUST focus on yourself if you want this relationship to have a chance
it's your job to be happy regardless of his behavior
love him but ignore him for a while
and focus on being happy
he is focused on himself and his personal and professional growth too
so must you
what goals have you got? what else, other than him, are you passionate about?

pick his calls, reply to his messages, be nice and sweet
but if he doesn't give you his attention, give yourself all the love and attention you want and deserve
prove to yourself that you can be happy regardless of his behavior
and you will have a very happy relationship
with him or someone else
but you will

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by Revolva(m): 6:59pm On Sep 17, 2019
If you ask nairalanders na who we go ask

I remember dat omawunmi song
Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by BarrElChapo(m): 7:00pm On Sep 17, 2019
Oyibo ! grin
marvelous000:
I want to be sincere with you as a man; you're in a precarious relationship, and you shouldn't be much emotionally invested in that relationship.
be circumspect with your dealing with him, while trying to make him concede emotionally and commitment wise. if he equivocates, then start making plans to jump ship, while approaching the relationship with stolidity until you see the end.

if it turn out palatable-fine, but if it turn out awry; then you'd be better equipped to handle heartbreak in any form it might rear it head.

because by his demeanor, there isn't a palpable ground to reach a conclusion whether he loves you or not. but there's something surreptitious and oblique about him, which is why you've got to be careful.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by dview001(m): 7:01pm On Sep 17, 2019
since you've resorted to painting me black on nairaland , you forgot to tell them how i caught you sending n*des pics to Joe on whatsApp

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by manontree: 7:01pm On Sep 17, 2019
This guy is like the wind. You should know this which is why you are writing this. I have always said that it isnt rocket science to know a man that would work and who wouldn't, during courtship.

The handwriting is obvious and the distance would worsen it. He would like to have his cake and eat it, by keeping you hanging just in case he needs to go that road someday. It's up to you to decide if this is what you want.

At 26 he is kinda young and would think he should enjoy life to the full. I do not think you are imagining things.

I advise you beat him at his game. Also keep him pending while create alternative opportunities for yourself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 17, 2019
Hanty a bird in hand is worth two in the bush. You better start looking around you for more viable alternatives before yawa go gas.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by franchasng: 7:01pm On Sep 17, 2019
pocohantas:
Na 26 yrs old guy make you type this epistle?

Hahahahahahaha

I remember one babe my bro dated when he was about that age. Naso them do love ooo, till the girl go marry.

It has been three years and my brother is still doing boyoyo.

Asking me if he should carve his beards like Mario abi na Mayweather.

Na transitional bf be that o.
shocked cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by Purfee(f): 7:01pm On Sep 17, 2019
paddyofboss:
If you didnt state it that you created a new account we won't respond to your post abi? And why do y'all have to start with "SO"...
Date other guys and then weigh your options. All relationship does not lead to the altar some.ends in the 'oza room'
Lol I wouldn't know.
If I'd wanted to date ten guys at a time, I would but I'm not so into dating like that. I won't condemn ladies that do that but it's not just my thing.
Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by desvi: 7:02pm On Sep 17, 2019
Purfee:
Thank you so much.
I'm rounding up my masters program soon.
Plus I have a business I'm running too. Though there are some challenges now.
I hope to get a job to support my business too.
And I used to have lots of male friends that made him insecure then.
But I'm actually not close to most of them again.
Funny enough I'm not the lovey dovey type.
I just happen to love this guy so much.
I think when I love I love fully, that was the case with my ex before things fell apart.

you're welcome dear kiss
I know what it feels like to worry about the one you love
been there, done that
it's hard but it will teach you a lot
you have it going on though
you are educated and ambitious and hard working
what about your free time activities?
have you got good friends?
is your social life fulfilling?
what do you enjoy doing?
do anything to distract yourself
I know it is not easy but you can
and if you can't, just love him
and nourish the good memories
but stop depending on him for your happiness
if you can do that, it will set you free
and make every relationship, with him or not, easier
and trust that everything will work out how it's supposed to
you can't fall deeper than in God's hands smiley wink kiss

it is well dear

@bold
that's wonderful wink
but you have to love yourself first

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by XklusivGistBlog(m): 7:02pm On Sep 17, 2019
Purfee:
Good day Nairalanders,

So I had to create another account to share my story.
Please I need sincere counsels from you all.
Now to my story.

I'm in a relationship with a guy for almost a year now. We actually both left previous relationships to be together. In the start of our relationship we were together for few months before it became a distant one.

While we were together I know he loves me but maybe not as much as I would have loved it. We've had issues he has strived to settle and all. When it became distant, he got a job and the relationship got strained cause we weren't communicating as much as we used to. Initially he got a really low paying job but that was in the midst of guys. I still had all the attention. But when he got a job in the midst of plenty females.. Young guys and ladies I felt the relationship strained. I had reasons to accuse him of not loving me. And he says what do I know about guys in love. He loves me and all. Now I feel that I tend to love him a lot. I worry about him being close to other girls at his place of work.

He recently just got a browsing phone and I saw his close conversation with girls at his place of work and he says they are just his friends.

Of a truth all these happening has given me different causes to worry a lot. This is a guy I love so much. We don't even chat much and he doesn't flaunt me on Whatsapp at least. Since he came online he's only uploaded a picture of me once and a picture of us on the day he was traveling abroad.

Now that's another crux of the matter. He travelled after months of we being distant. He says he will come back after a year. He says he's leaving so our lives can get better and we'll achieve our goals.

His friends were telling me he will come back for me. I saw him off to the airport though.

Lemme quickly round up my story here.

I love my boyfriend so much. He says he does too but I'm not feeling it as much. I saw his close conversations and pictures of girls on his phone and he says they are his friends just barely three months of working.

How do I know he loves me as much and how do I put my mind at rest. I know his mum and family members. He knows some of my siblings too. I'm 24 and I hope to get married soon.

He says I crave for attention a lot and I take relationship too personal.
He says he loves me but it doesn't sound weighty too me. And how do I know he'll fulfil all he's promised to fulfil. He's 2yrs older.

I hope y'all can put the tiny bits of my story together and advise me.

Thank you.

Ask questions too I'll be ready to answer.

Sis, if he has traveled out of the country, just forget it. I tell you the truth. He can't flaunt you on social media, his next aim is to be come a citizen, and shame on you for quitting your relationship for a guy. He will never value you. You don't know how guys reason o. All the best sha.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by troy20(m): 7:04pm On Sep 17, 2019
Well most 26year olds want to enjoy bachelorhood so thats something to worry about and you at 24 is still young so you needn't stress it. You seem too negative. It depends on his maturity of mind at the moment. Your guts about where his mind is at may be right. Keep the communication very active to get clarity. Don't be too hasty with any of your decisions
Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 17, 2019
marvelous000:

I'm sorry if i sound obfuscating, but it's my writing proclivity.

Ewo... shocked. We didn't understand the first one. Is it this one we will now understand

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by desvi: 7:05pm On Sep 17, 2019
XklusivGistBlog:

Sis, if he has traveled out of the country, just forget it. I tell you the truth. He can't flaunt you on social media, his next aim is to be come a citizen, and shame on you for quitting your relationship for a guy. He will never value you. You don't know how guys reason o. All the best sha.

bla bla bla
don't bring your personal pain into this

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by israelmao(m): 7:05pm On Sep 17, 2019
The fact is,right now you're not getting the same amount of love you have for this guy in return ,that is how someone feels when love returned fails to measure up to love given or it could be you're so obsessed with him while all he could reciprocate is true love.Now does he call and send you text messages often?.Does he feel like seeing you or does he miss you?Does he care about your career or well-being?If these are to the contrary he might have someone in his life right now that he feels she benefits his present status.Where true love exists time and distance are no barriers.
Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by desvi: 7:05pm On Sep 17, 2019
sedutrice:

Ewo... shocked. We didn't understand the first one. Is it this one we will now understand

grin
Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by Purfee(f): 7:06pm On Sep 17, 2019
XklusivGistBlog:

I didn't quit my relationship. I wouldn't have. It was due to an unresolvable issue between me and my former guy.
I appreciate very contribution.
Thank you.
Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by XklusivGistBlog(m): 7:06pm On Sep 17, 2019
desvi:

bla bla bla
don't bring your personal pain into this

You dey find free toto. Ozuor undecided
Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by Wiifesnatcher(m): 7:06pm On Sep 17, 2019
don't put your relationship in public please, different opinion can poison your mind..there are guys who use soft heart in a relationship but that doesn't mean they don't care

not all guys likes attention, I used to be a lonely person, hate public gathering until my girl blend me which take many years. if it's possible to crosscheck heart, the guy love for you might supersede your own

lemme ask you this QST, has he take you home? show you to Any of his siblings? did he know any of your family member within the year you've been dating? if No, then why take the relationship serious. if a guy had get thru yr pant and don't know any of your family member and is not even making move to, My dear you're not in any relationship

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by nextstep(m): 7:06pm On Sep 17, 2019
Honestly, you can't know.

I do know four things:

1. Actions speak louder than words
2. You can't force anybody to feel anything
3. Feelings can change in a heartbeat
4. Which is why women constantly need assurance.

In summary, love is not something you put in a box, self-assured that it will never change. Best you can do is put your best efforts into the relationship, but be sure he is also putting his best efforts. It's a continuous process, made stronger with ups and downs.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

From Shiloh To Wedding: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple Who Met At Shiloh 2013 / Ideal Man (for the women) / Man Narrates Why His Female Best Friend Blocked Him On Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.