Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,478 members, 7,836,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

How Do I Know He Loves Me? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Know He Loves Me? (30410 Views)

He Says He Loves Me, Yet Asked Other Girls Out (photos inside) / He Wants Me To Marry Him Thinking I Didn't Know He's Gay / I don’t mind if my partner cheats, as long as he loves me – Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by DarlingEmojist(m): 9:33am On Sep 18, 2019
Ahh..
This one na case oh,the thing is that do you always call him almost everyday?
And frame up something like ... 'You have start buying some wedding materials (then hear his reply).

I also have my own to share
Can I go on?
Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by DenreleDave(m): 9:33am On Sep 18, 2019
Purfee:

I know right.
I couldn't have explained beyond that. Its no more about my previous relationship but my present relationship.

I kinda dislike a lady that has too many males friends. Cox I'm a guy and I no the kinda thought dos guys may be entertaining if they get any chance to be with you alone..

A lady I currently like, though she is not my GF but I just told her my intentions... The problem is that she keeps to many male friends, too much that she is distracted even when we dey talk.. We done get too much issues even as friends sef on top say we never date ooo. She's gonna be 22(second year) and I'm 26 (finals) .

Purfee, honestly for my mind. I have planned to do same on her if she agrees to be mine, I cud be wrong though Cox it's her life and we are not dating. It does mean that I don't love her but wud just love to let her see how it feels too. I love her so much but I just let her experience what I experience too

Funny enough she told me that not even her husband can't stop her from male friends and besties, I was shocked. Then I asked her, can your husband keep a female bestie, she said God forbid, she wud never allow such..
U see how life and women are... They love to be at advantage

So it's happen like dt sumtyms sha..
Urs is different coz u guys were dating and u were keeping male friends, so this is time for payback which explain why he is also flirting with so many ladies too as a payback.. Just take heart like he did in ur own
Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by KingKayxCee11(m): 9:39am On Sep 18, 2019
EphraimBoat:

If you were the guy in question and they were advising your girl like that, will you like it? This is a very defining moment for the guy in question, changing countries, job and all and yet still expected to make it to come back and marry her. His mind might be preoccupied. Please cut him some slack.

Girl, if you are reading this. Love him right, give him his moment, dialogue with him. Once you start to fear and doubt, it will be what will actually spoil the relationship.

I can act distant with a girl, doesn't mean I have any other girl around. There are things to be thinking of than girls na.

Thank you

ur last paragraph says it all. Alot of young guys are mostly of that nature.
But in her case, she has had a little experience of having ladies around him in his former workplace; and that fact and attitude she got is giving her serious worries, plus the little/zero attention she tends to get.

Finally sis, hold the forth, your guy may be roaming or flirting, it's something that comes with that age range. But he'll come back to you.
Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by farady(m): 9:39am On Sep 18, 2019
Laugh wan kill me with the kind of comments wey i dey read.

@marvelous000 your tuition no loss.

Sometime last year or so, a colleague who just resumed after wedding on stepping into our office was hailed by another colleague, extending his hand to shake him, saying "welcome to prison"! Everyone busted into laughter cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy for a long time. Continuing, his colleague added "yes, na prison you just enter so" and the laugh continued. Months after when that occasion, I will just be laughing when I remember what the guy said. Maybe due to his own sad experience since he was married for just under 4 years before being separated from his wife.

The point I am trying to make is that marriage is a serious business. From the man's perspective, it's not what he would just jump into. At 26, I don't think he wants to go into marriage, notwithstanding whether he has a very good job or not. Guy man want to still enjoy himself (not necessarily frolicking with other girls). He will need to prepare himself emotionally and psychologically.

Again that both of you are into something does not mean he should be displaying your 'pinture' like signboard 'everywhere he goes'. Infact one the contrary some guys would prefer to keep such ladies in one reserved corner. I don't know why sha. No be say dem no love u oh or say dem dey ashame of u oh, ehen.

A lady at 24, already out of school with even a masters is ready to take the important step in her life which is marriage whereas a guy man like I stated above is not ready. Very few guys will want to. I for one would have love to get married at 26, but at that time I was way far from it and my fiancee who was 24 was ready emotionally and psychologically. For my side bread-wise (financially). Due to strike and extra year I was just preparing to go for youth service. My brethren, that time during service our telephone calls that time (Nitel era) dey give me pains. She always pop up the question "when are we getting married" and I go just weak. I did not find it funny at all. Finally we got married 3 years after my service at the age of 30 and she, 28. In total we were in the relationship for about 9 years. It was a long one really and long distant for a period of 6-7years of the entire 9 years.

Op remember your question was if he really loves you, but along along the line marriage things come enter. My advice is just keep an open mind, get yourself busy, thank God you said you have a business you want to run. You did not state if both of you have talked marriage. If not, both of you need to define your relationship and where both of you want it to lead to. If yes, please give him some space and pray for him and for yourself. If he is not coming out straight, please move on, no hard feelings.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by SouthSouth1914: 9:42am On Sep 18, 2019
mrblessed:
I thought I was the only one who noticed the unpardonable grammatical boo boos and unnecessary use of words in that post. The fact that such a post was cheerfully received without noting some defects in it by many members, shows how bad and broken our educational system is. On the flip side, however, the young man possesses all the attributes of a budding writer, but he must always proofread his work to weed out errors.

Rightly said! He could as well attribute the mistakes to typos or English isn’t his first language and still get away.. grin
Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by Fantazy(m): 9:48am On Sep 18, 2019
marvelous000:
I'm sorry if i sound obfuscating, but it's my writing proclivity.
LOLZ
Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by Fantazy(m): 9:49am On Sep 18, 2019
marvelous000:
Lolz
Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by BRATISLAVA: 10:04am On Sep 18, 2019
dview001:
since you've resorted to painting me black on nairaland , you forgot to tell them how i caught you sending n*des pics to Joe on whatsApp
Lol. We were waiting for you
Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by mrblessed(m): 10:08am On Sep 18, 2019
SouthSouth1914:

Rightly said! He could as well attribute the mistakes to typos or English isn’t his first language and still get away.. grin
That would be prevaricating at best and lame at worst. Learning never ends. However, only those who recognize and accept their susceptibility to error, continue to learn everyday. Whenever I read an English text, I am always looking out for ways to improve my proficiency of the language.There is no excuse for failure, but accepting a mistake is a symbol of strength, not weakness.

This post is sadly replete with a lot of grammatical bloopers: beginning from the Op who claims to be doing a masters programme, and a raft of self-awarded "grammarians," whose posts are riddled with kindergarten errors.For example, one of the rib-tickling remarks of the Op which I cherish the most, is the gratuitous retort that she isn't "writing a formal letter," as an excuse to ignore (perhaps mitigate) her obviously poor language skills.
Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by lyndaway(f): 10:32am On Sep 18, 2019
marvelous000:
form one grammar to an other please oh some of us are still learning
Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by Purfee(f): 11:19am On Sep 18, 2019
farady:

Sometime last year or so, a colleague who just resumed after wedding on stepping into our office was hailed by another colleague, extending his hand to shake him, saying "welcome to prison"! Everyone busted into laughter cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy for a long time. Continuing, his colleague added "yes, na prison you just enter so" and the laugh continued. Months after when that occasion, I will just be laughing when I remember what the guy said. Maybe due to his own sad experience since he was married for just under 4 years before being separated from his wife.

The point I am trying to make is that marriage is a serious business. From the man's perspective, it's not what he would just jump into. At 26, I don't think he wants to go into marriage, notwithstanding whether he has a very good job or not. Guy man want to still enjoy himself (not necessarily frolicking with other girls). He will need to prepare himself emotionally and psychologically.

Again that both of you are into something does not mean he should be displaying your 'pinture' like signboard 'everywhere he goes'. Infact one the contrary some guys would prefer to keep such ladies in one reserved corner. I don't know why sha. No be say dem no love u oh or say dem dey ashame of u oh, ehen.

A lady at 24, already out of school with even a masters is ready to take the important step in her life which is marriage whereas a guy man like I stated above is not ready. Very few guys will want to. I for one would have love to get married at 26, but at that time I was way far from it and my fiancee who was 24 was ready emotionally and psychologically. For my side bread-wise (financially). Due to strike and extra year I was just preparing to go for youth service. My brethren, that time during service our telephone calls that time (Nitel era) dey give me pains. She always pop up the question "when are we getting married" and I go just weak. I did not find it funny at all. Finally we got married 3 years after my service at the age of 30 and she, 28. In total we were in the relationship for about 9 years. It was a long one really and long distant for a period of 6-7years of the entire 9 years.

Op remember your question was if he really loves you, but along along the line marriage things come enter. My advice is just keep an open mind, get yourself busy, thank God you said you have a business you want to run. You did not state if both of you have talked marriage. If not, both of you need to define your relationship and where both of you want it to lead to. If yes, please give him some space and pray for him and for yourself. If he is not coming out straight, please move on, no hard feelings.
Thank you so much.
I understand you perfectly
Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by Purfee(f): 11:44am On Sep 18, 2019
farady:

Thank you.. I appreciate your contribution.
Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by IamPlato(m): 12:51pm On Sep 18, 2019
Lamanii22:

What's your major? Like you speak or type amazingly well... Like I'm tripping.. For real ..
do not victimize yourself

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by Phenomenal16(f): 2:03pm On Sep 18, 2019
Pennyways:
taaaa get ur smelling pussy out of here, you are an illiterate
... Fool get ur rotten ass off here.... Hu even invited u..... Mumu ode
Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by Phenomenal16(f): 2:05pm On Sep 18, 2019
Pennyways:
taaaa get ur smelling pussy out of here, you are an illiterate
.. M ready for u

Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by Phenomenal16(f): 2:07pm On Sep 18, 2019
Pauldollars:
Have you even prayed to know if he is the will of God for your life? Do you know if you're compatible spiritually, physically and medically. You're just thinking of marriage, marriage, marriage. My sister, pray first. If he is God's will for you, he will be interested in you.
A woman doesn't have to struggle for a man to marry her. Quit struggling and Pray
.... Best advice so far... U need to take me this serious

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by BobiNick(m): 7:49pm On Sep 18, 2019
desvi:
Purfee,

there are no guarantees in life or relationships.
now to your question, how do you know he loves you?
you feel it!
your problem is that you don't feel his love
trust your intuition
if you feel he is withdrawing, then he is
if you want to fix it, leave it alone
don't nag
it's a sure way to push him away more

you MUST focus on yourself if you want this relationship to have a chance
it's your job to be happy regardless of his behavior
love him but ignore him for a while
and focus on being happy
he is focused on himself and his personal and professional growth too
so must you
what goals have you got? what else, other than him, are you passionate about?

pick his calls, reply to his messages, be nice and sweet
but if he doesn't give you his attention, give yourself all the love and attention you want and deserve
prove to yourself that you can be happy regardless of his behavior
and you will have a very happy relationship
with him or someone else
but you will

Chaaiiiiii see the kind wife I dey find. A teacher to the teachless lol...
Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by Pennyways: 9:40pm On Sep 18, 2019
Phenomenal16:
.. M ready for u

grin grin mgbeke u too fine
Carry ur own go biko

If you are ready for me I go come pay ur bride price carry u comot 4 Enugu befor red earth and dust finish u for this upcoming harmattan.

What a beautiful babe kiss
Biko drop ur contact
Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by Phenomenal16(f): 9:42pm On Sep 18, 2019
BobiNick:

Chaaiiiiii see the kind wife I dey find. A teacher to the teachless lol...
... TEACHLESS...... No bi small thing
Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by BobiNick(m): 5:50am On Sep 19, 2019
Phenomenal16:
... TEACHLESS...... No bi small thing

Correct babe....
Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by Blissbath(f): 7:05am On Sep 19, 2019
Funny
cenaman:
Bros why? she just told u ur grammer need a dictionary for her to comprehend ur write up, and here u trow another bomb without letting the first bomb to explode properly.
Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by EphraimBoat: 7:36am On Sep 19, 2019
KingKayxCee11:

ur last paragraph says it all. Alot of young guys are mostly of that nature.
But in her case, she has had a little experience of having ladies around him in his former workplace; and that fact and attitude she got is giving her serious worries, plus the little/zero attention she tends to get.

Finally sis, hold the forth, your guy may be roaming or flirting, it's something that comes with that age range. But he'll come back to you.

Exactly! Bless you bro. We always do.
Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by MiseryHimself: 11:15am On Sep 20, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
He is just 26. He's still a growing adult. If you're looking to settling down soon, date mature men from 30 and above. I wonder what I'll be doing with kids of that age range. Don't just waste your time, dear. He isn't getting married anytime soon. He hasn't experienced 'life' at all.

Switch levels already!

We (men) are not a monolith. She's just 20 - 24; she's only out for your money (not really interested in marriage). Hey, buddy, don't just waste your precious time, go for the late 20s or 30s. Women in that bracket are desperate. I think that makes sense?
Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by MiseryHimself: 11:18am On Sep 20, 2019
olabrinks:
At 26 that guy still wants to live his life and build himself financially.

Men are not a hive mind, sister. There are still men who want to get married below that age sef. Don't dismiss the guy solely for that reason.
Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me? by Brunosamel(m): 2:02pm On Sep 20, 2019
What you are doing is exactly what my girlfriend did, seeking 100% attention but my own case doesn't have anything to do with women but rather money...

I don't see any reason for you to be panicking when he has already let his intentions known....
You shouldn't be wondering whether he loves me but rather you should you asking yourself how can become a better person, find my purpose in life, build a happy life outside of your relationship, improve yourself and allow things to flow definitely if you get too attech to him you might end up losing him to another girls...
Don't be a nice girl but rather be a bitch, do things your way when you guys are together enjoy fun and stay away from his phone
If he doesn't call you frequently like he used to start calling him to let him know that you care irrespective he is giving attention or not. He must not always be the person to initiate things start doing things he used to do for you to him....
I believe you boyfriend is on his peek of his career building his empire, there must be temporary temptation unless you want to be a temporary girlfriend... Stay focus and stop seeking to much attention what is yours is yours.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ideal Man (for the women) / From Shiloh To Wedding: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple Who Met At Shiloh 2013 / Man Narrates Why His Female Best Friend Blocked Him On Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.