Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:08 AM

Whale In Lagos(with Pics) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Whale In Lagos(with Pics) (63811 Views)

Whale Found @ Agaja Beach, Bonny Island, Rivers State, Nigeria / Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup / Lol:food-hungry Lagosians Hack On Dead, Smelly Whale - Food Is Ready (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by tpia5: 4:40am On Nov 06, 2010
na2day!:

your post above has just reconfirmed the poverty mindset!
So, u will take it and give testimony in d church next sunday, abi?  undecided
u know what happens picking money in the middle of the road, right? AWUFF dey kill o!

^^so if you're in nigeria and you see this

you'll drive into the bush to avoid hitting it.

or if peradventure you do hit it, you'll say multiple prayers for the repose of it's soul, and give it a five cannon burial complete with headstone and a short eulogy.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by na2day(m): 4:44am On Nov 06, 2010
@ tpia
its no use arguing wit u,
anyways don't pick money in d middle of the road o, American drivers don't like using their brake much o!  grin
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by tpia5: 4:45am On Nov 06, 2010
^^it was a question I asked you.

if you see $100 floating around, you no go grab am?
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by na2day(m): 4:47am On Nov 06, 2010
I'm a xtian, i dont grab such grin grin grin
U can turn to a tuber of yam, u know! grin
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by slap1(m): 4:50am On Nov 06, 2010
na2day!:

I'm a xtian, i dont grab such grin grin grin
U can turn to a tuber of yam, u know! grin
Lol, are these words not contradictory?
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by slap1(m): 4:52am On Nov 06, 2010
. . . .Give us this day, our daily bread. . .
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by na2day(m): 4:54am On Nov 06, 2010
slap1:

Lol, are these words not contradictory?

grin  grin  grin
My point exactly, the fear of the repercussion ought to slap you into shape!   grin  grin  grin
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by tpia5: 4:59am On Nov 06, 2010
^^no problem nah.

at least, the pigeons in trafalgar square are safe thanks to people like you. wink

likewise all the squirrels frolicking around america.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by supereagle(m): 5:06am On Nov 06, 2010
An oyinbo saw a dying whale at the beach , he pushed back it back into the sea. The same event happened in Nigeria about 2005, Nigerians made pepersoup out of the dead whale.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by Nobody: 5:09am On Nov 06, 2010
supereagle:

An oyinbo saw a dying whale at the beach , he pushed back it back into the sea. The same event happened in Nigeria about 2005, Nigerians made pepersoup out of the dead whale.

ROTFL. grin

Dem no dey even fear if the thing dey still alive. Well next time, whales go even fear Nigerian shores.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by Rastamann: 5:35am On Nov 06, 2010
Poverty!
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by beespak7(m): 6:32am On Nov 06, 2010
In the abudance of water the fool has always been thirsty!!!! NAIJA with all its oil wealth and money , instead of people standing up to fight for their rights to live standard world class lives they are busy fighting for the cadavar of a rotten whale loooooooong hisssssssss nonsensical
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by beespak7(m): 6:37am On Nov 06, 2010
In the abudance of water the fool has always been thirsty!!!! NAIJA with all its oil wealth and money , instead of people  standing up to fight for their rights to live standard world class lives they are busy fighting for the cadavar of a rotten whale loooooooong hisssssssss nonsensical.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by edoyad(m): 6:42am On Nov 06, 2010
Poverty!

Which poverty ? While i'm not denying the state of poverty in our land, i doubt that's the only reason that whale was dismembered so quickly. Afterall Japan is the second wealthiest nation on this globe and i'm sure same would have happened there.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by rasputinn(m): 8:02am On Nov 06, 2010
[size=16pt]Where's the picture[/size] angry
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by johnie: 8:03am On Nov 06, 2010
Where's the LASG ministry of waterfront development in all this?

They warned Lagosians of a rise in water levels about three months ago - good job!

Alpha Beach was flooded - not a word from them. Bad!

A whale gets beached. Scavengers descend on it. Not a word from the ministry or the ministry of health currently battling striking doctors - Bad!

Silverbird TV reporter, Vivian Irikefe last night highlighted medical implications of coming in direct contact with the carcass- good job!

Lesson: govt will warn you of impeding danger. After that, you are on your own!
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by fASHCEO(m): 8:14am On Nov 06, 2010
This won't change until our standard of living is raised and people become more enlightened. To all who criticize these scavengers, start enlightening people or create awareness so that these scavengers can know better.

For phones, computers, ipods & other electronics, Check out Sales-Inland with the link below;
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by oyinda3(f): 8:27am On Nov 06, 2010
I really honestly do not see anything wrong in what these people are doing.

edoyad:

Which poverty ? While i'm not denying the state of poverty in our land, i doubt that's the only reason that whale was dismembered so quickly. Afterall Japan is the second wealthiest nation on this globe and i'm sure same would have happened there.

thank you.
the main issue is definitely not poverty. the same would happen in the US if people were more in tune with the source of their foods. most americans are scared of touching a chicken and cannot tell a cock from a hen because they are not exposed to animals as source of food. (the only animals they know are pets like cats and dogs) even though americans consume more meat than any other country. the US food regulations have made it so. food processing is limited to a few corporations and we are left in the dark about the disgusting facts of where our meat come from before it arrives at the supermarket or fast food restaurant in freshly packaged shape.

in fact, this beached whale is probably 10x healthier and fresher than what you get in american macdonalds!!!
and it's FREE.  i would go for it as well.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by invisible2(m): 8:50am On Nov 06, 2010
I will eat a dead or living whale or elephant anyday, we are eating a big snake for fun this morning (wish I can upload pictures of the 2 meter snake) we killed it around 11pm yesterday on our way back from a party. See as my guys here are waiting for the rare delicacy.
The fact is that we are all tired of beef, I have more than ten kilos of assorted beef, chicken and goat in the freezer but we need the rare,occasional bushmeat and big snakes, whales and elephants will fill that need. Hang yourself if you dont like what am saying.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by gyde(m): 8:52am On Nov 06, 2010
Chai!,these people aren't even afraid of food poisoning!
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 06, 2010
invisible!:

I will eat a dead or living whale or elephant anyday, we are eating a big snake for fun this morning (wish I can upload pictures of the 2 meter snake) we killed it around 11pm yesterday on our way back from a party. See as my guys here are waiting for the rare delicacy.
The fact is that we are all tired of beef, I have more than ten kilos of assorted beef, chicken and goat in the freezer but we need the rare,occasional bushmeat and big snakes, whales and elephants will fill that need. Hang yourself if you dont like what am saying.

I've ate snake \. We caught it on our farm, best day ever! It was actually good, ate it with ogbona and iyan kiss kiss
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by invisible2(m): 9:14am On Nov 06, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I've ate snake \. We caught it on our farm, best day ever! It was actually good, ate it with ogbona and iyan kiss kiss
Nothing beats the aroma of a well cooked, garnished snake. The taste is in a class of its own. Now let me go and monitor these guys before they short my ration, see more guys coming into the backyard! All the pretenders to whale meat should go and rest.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 06, 2010
l̴͖̲̖̱͎͋́̀̏̀͂͜ơ̴̢̘͖͖̟͔̲͉̣̖̒͐̑̑̈́̀̓̆̑͒̏̈́̽̇͌͆̚͘r̴̢̛͕̞̠̼̥͇͙̥̥̗̼͎̰̻̗̩̹̬̰̜̰̪̜̯͈̓̇͆͜ę̴̧̦̩̞̫̬̫͓̫̟̣͖̝̤̩̱̻͌̆̈̅̊̇̈́̄͒͆͂̒̋͗̀́͐̚͜͜m̵̳̬͎̦̼̖͙̻̞̲̳͎͖̤̜͙̞̘̪̥͈̮̲̫̈́̂̑̓̅͌̉̃̄́̎̈́͛̔̃̈͒͛̆̉̉̍̍͌̅̒̿͘͝ͅͅ ̸̨̛̛̮̱͖͇̗͉͙̭͉͕͖̯̼͂̀̆̔̀̽̿̆͐͑͑̀̈́̈͂͒̽̅̒́̒̚͘̚̚̕͝ͅͅͅį̷̨͚̜͖̪̯̦̼̹̤͇̱͕̹̯̓̂̎͊̎͐͊͂̽̈́͊̅̈̏̋͗̀̾̎̂̀̚͝ͅp̵̡͖̱̮̹̫͖̱̺͖͚̙͇̘͈̥̭͎̅̃͗͒̒̐̀̽͑̕̕̕͜͜ş̵̧̛͚͎̘̹̻̩͉̩͕͕͍̲̼̳̲̬͖̟͊̒̽̊͛͂͒̍̇̾̅̀̑̽̆͌̈́͒̀̒́̒̏̚͝͠u̸̧̫̯͉̥̬̗͚̹͙̇̑̾͌̃͌̈́̉̀͛̍̂̄̃̑͝m̵̨̧̛̲̰̰̫̰̖̗̟͉̝͚̯̞̮̪̝͚̯͔̖̻͉͈̫̫̩̞͗̀̈́̅͆̽̆̎͐͂͆̐̾͊̆͝ ̵̛̛̯̮͍͎̜̖̥̫̱͕̥̻̖̮͈̖͎̯͊̒̉̔̔̓̀̍̆̈̊̈́̀͑̓̎̓̄̚͘͜͠͝n̵̟̜̗̩̬̯̫͇̝̙̖̟͋́̒̾̃͒͊̂̇̔͌̎͌̂͠ͅả̸̡͇̟͕̓̾͗̋̄͆̆̒͆̃͐͝i̵̢̧̧̮̞̺̻̝̬̤̲͉̟̟̺̙̣̣̭̘̱̰͇̦̍̌̀̒̎̒͋̊͐̇̿̌͛̓̓͑̆́̉͊͗̿́͘͜͝r̵̻̱̼̣̊̏͂͌̎͊̿̈͂̒͂́̐̔͂̅̅̀͘͝a̵̢͓͉̪̯̯͕̲͔̘͎͓͖̅̄͌̓̈́̒̾̇̀̈́̊̐̋͊̏̎͒̆̊̈̿̑̀͋̒̕̕͠ͅͅl̵̺̩̙̣͉̙͍̱͉͚͖̬̻̮͒̓̄́̀̋̈́͋̈̚͠ḁ̷̛̼̤͔̩̱̜̱̯̦̭̗͓̘͈͔̹̟̥̹̈́̇̔̄̂̀̔͂̏́̆͂̀̀̈́̑͐̇̓͒͊̕̕͝͝n̴̢̛̥͇͇̤̓̎̅̐͑̔͒̐͆͒̾͗̒̓̒́̓̾͗̒͜͝͝ḑ̴̧̨̝̞̦̯̯̠̺̭̭̗̭̱̯͉̹͔̪̦̉͂̋̽̿͑̃̽̐͐͋̌̏͌͑͗̀̎͜͠͠͝͠
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by invisible2(m): 9:18am On Nov 06, 2010
gyde:

Chai!,these people aren't even afraid of food poisoning!

Dont cry for me if I die.
guddsid:

bush people  angry
Township people.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by phreakabit(m): 9:21am On Nov 06, 2010
Things like this sometimes make me resent being African,not Black, but African! This is what makes the Western world and even "those" upcoming Hispanic,Asian and even black Americans look down on us,  We sometimes act like animals,and to think that they where actually young guys in LAGOS for God sake!!!
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 06, 2010
l̴͖̲̖̱͎͋́̀̏̀͂͜ơ̴̢̘͖͖̟͔̲͉̣̖̒͐̑̑̈́̀̓̆̑͒̏̈́̽̇͌͆̚͘r̴̢̛͕̞̠̼̥͇͙̥̥̗̼͎̰̻̗̩̹̬̰̜̰̪̜̯͈̓̇͆͜ę̴̧̦̩̞̫̬̫͓̫̟̣͖̝̤̩̱̻͌̆̈̅̊̇̈́̄͒͆͂̒̋͗̀́͐̚͜͜m̵̳̬͎̦̼̖͙̻̞̲̳͎͖̤̜͙̞̘̪̥͈̮̲̫̈́̂̑̓̅͌̉̃̄́̎̈́͛̔̃̈͒͛̆̉̉̍̍͌̅̒̿͘͝ͅͅ ̸̨̛̛̮̱͖͇̗͉͙̭͉͕͖̯̼͂̀̆̔̀̽̿̆͐͑͑̀̈́̈͂͒̽̅̒́̒̚͘̚̚̕͝ͅͅͅį̷̨͚̜͖̪̯̦̼̹̤͇̱͕̹̯̓̂̎͊̎͐͊͂̽̈́͊̅̈̏̋͗̀̾̎̂̀̚͝ͅp̵̡͖̱̮̹̫͖̱̺͖͚̙͇̘͈̥̭͎̅̃͗͒̒̐̀̽͑̕̕̕͜͜ş̵̧̛͚͎̘̹̻̩͉̩͕͕͍̲̼̳̲̬͖̟͊̒̽̊͛͂͒̍̇̾̅̀̑̽̆͌̈́͒̀̒́̒̏̚͝͠u̸̧̫̯͉̥̬̗͚̹͙̇̑̾͌̃͌̈́̉̀͛̍̂̄̃̑͝m̵̨̧̛̲̰̰̫̰̖̗̟͉̝͚̯̞̮̪̝͚̯͔̖̻͉͈̫̫̩̞͗̀̈́̅͆̽̆̎͐͂͆̐̾͊̆͝ ̵̛̛̯̮͍͎̜̖̥̫̱͕̥̻̖̮͈̖͎̯͊̒̉̔̔̓̀̍̆̈̊̈́̀͑̓̎̓̄̚͘͜͠͝n̵̟̜̗̩̬̯̫͇̝̙̖̟͋́̒̾̃͒͊̂̇̔͌̎͌̂͠ͅả̸̡͇̟͕̓̾͗̋̄͆̆̒͆̃͐͝i̵̢̧̧̮̞̺̻̝̬̤̲͉̟̟̺̙̣̣̭̘̱̰͇̦̍̌̀̒̎̒͋̊͐̇̿̌͛̓̓͑̆́̉͊͗̿́͘͜͝r̵̻̱̼̣̊̏͂͌̎͊̿̈͂̒͂́̐̔͂̅̅̀͘͝a̵̢͓͉̪̯̯͕̲͔̘͎͓͖̅̄͌̓̈́̒̾̇̀̈́̊̐̋͊̏̎͒̆̊̈̿̑̀͋̒̕̕͠ͅͅl̵̺̩̙̣͉̙͍̱͉͚͖̬̻̮͒̓̄́̀̋̈́͋̈̚͠ḁ̷̛̼̤͔̩̱̜̱̯̦̭̗͓̘͈͔̹̟̥̹̈́̇̔̄̂̀̔͂̏́̆͂̀̀̈́̑͐̇̓͒͊̕̕͝͝n̴̢̛̥͇͇̤̓̎̅̐͑̔͒̐͆͒̾͗̒̓̒́̓̾͗̒͜͝͝ḑ̴̧̨̝̞̦̯̯̠̺̭̭̗̭̱̯͉̹͔̪̦̉͂̋̽̿͑̃̽̐͐͋̌̏͌͑͗̀̎͜͠͠͝͠
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by invisible2(m): 9:28am On Nov 06, 2010
guddsid:

best post so far . na wa my brother . the next thing go be rat and cockroach soup embarassed
There was this programme I watched in National Geographic, white men were eating live worms, millipede, spiders, rat pe.ni.is, tarantulas, houseflies and yes, cockroaches, you have been brainwashed to believe they are better than you. Poor black man!
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by invisible2(m): 9:34am On Nov 06, 2010
phreakabit:

Things like this sometimes make me resent being African,not Black, but African! This is what makes the Western world and even "those" upcoming Hispanic,Asian and even black Americans look down on us,  We sometimes act like animals,and to think that they where actually young guys in LAGOS for God sake!!!
You can despice being a black man all you like, but you can never become white either, so deal with it. Be a 'real' African and eat what your ancestors ate of be a laughable caricature of a cross-bred white/black/hispanic/yellow skin/arab creature. You are a confused specie!
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by oyinda3(f): 9:36am On Nov 06, 2010
invisible!:

There was this programme I watched in National Geographic, white men were eating live worms, millipede, spiders, rat pe.ni.is, tarantulas, houseflies and yes, cockroaches, you have been brainwashed to believe they are better than you. Poor black man!

GBAM!!! this whole thread reeks of inferiority complex and colomentality.
whine whine. . what would westerners think of us if they see us eating whale meat. blah blah blah
mtcheww. better eat your whale meat proudly. better than all the crappy processed junk food high fructose corn syrup they are gulping down everyday.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 06, 2010
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by phreakabit(m): 9:40am On Nov 06, 2010
best post so far . na wa my brother . the next thing go be rat and cockroach soup  Embarrassed

Dude that was either Fear Factor or Real Man or Chicken? and those are Reality TV shows, meaning those guys get paid to do that, theres nothing wrong in eating Whales, The Japanese almost rendered them extinct. What i find wrong is the fact that this is the second or third time this droppings is repeating itself here. I bet you if this happened in Ghana Angola or SA (at least for Black Africans those are our main competitors) the story would be different, SMH @ this really.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by oyinda3(f): 9:47am On Nov 06, 2010
invisible!:

You can despice being a black man all you like, but you can never become white either, so deal with it. [b]Be a 'real' African and eat what your ancestors ate [/b]of be a laughable caricature of a cross-bred white/black/hispanic/yellow skin/arab creature. You are a confused specie!

hahaha I love your post.

even the educated white people are starting to eat "organic"
organic = 100% natural.  cool how "civilized" is that?

phreakabit:

Dude that was either Fear Factor or Real Man or Chicken? and those are Reality TV shows, meaning those guys get paid to do that, theres nothing wrong in eating Whales, The Japanese almost rendered them extinct. What i find wrong is the fact that this is the second or third time this droppings is repeating itself here. I bet you if this happened in Ghana Angola or SA (at least for Black Africans those are our main competitors) the story would be different, SMH @ this really.

if you are a sensible person, the question you should be asking is "why are the whales turning up in the shore?" rather than "why are people eating the whales"
the most important question is what is causing the whales to die and how to address that ecological/environmental problem. infact, it surprised me that most of us were more focused on labeling the nigerians consuming the whale as poverty striken or uncivilized rather than addressing the cause of the death of the whale which should be the more important question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Black Spaghetti. This Is What It Looks Like. Can You Eat This? / You Can Eat Only One Thing From This Plate / Soldier, Faith Ogochukwu Kills African Civet In Her Farm (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.