Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,509 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Whale In Lagos(with Pics) - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Whale In Lagos(with Pics) (64171 Views)

Whale Found @ Agaja Beach, Bonny Island, Rivers State, Nigeria / Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup / Lol:food-hungry Lagosians Hack On Dead, Smelly Whale - Food Is Ready (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by phreakabit(m): 12:40pm On Nov 06, 2010
So, your problem is nobody is paying them to eat the whale, but if somebody is paying them to eat it then no problem? Huh Huh

1, Dude they got paid  = Its a job, you get paid to do your job,even if its disgusting.

2, Just so you know, Most people in the western world, Including their PRESS, probably due to ignorance or whatsoever dont recognize any country in Africa as a country. when they refer to us they say "African" which clearly entails that they see us all as the same,  and these rotten whale eating guys are all here in Nigeria. Now, What would that make you?
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by johnie: 12:42pm On Nov 06, 2010
BBC is currently showing a documentary of the global corruption and racketeering gradually leading to the extinction of the Blue Fin. There's corruption in the western world but that is not an excuse for us to eat what we are not sure of the cause of death.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by johnie: 12:43pm On Nov 06, 2010
Sorry, I meant Blue Fin Tuna.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by mediatrix8(f): 12:54pm On Nov 06, 2010
shocked shocked shocked Shocking to know this.I never thought Elephants are edible?
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by superboi(m): 12:56pm On Nov 06, 2010
all these talk and yabbing wey una dey yab, we all know say na hunger and lack of self control cause am! but i don also see for one documentry wey dem dey eat rotten shark/orca (killer whale) meat somewhere in the scandinavian region.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by redsun(m): 1:07pm On Nov 06, 2010
Having great understanding of d creatures around us can redeem us from chronic ignorance and lack.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 06, 2010
Nigerians abroad dey miss sth here--rotten whale
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by phreakabit(m): 1:17pm On Nov 06, 2010
all these talk and yabbing wey una dey yab, we all know say na hunger and lack of self control cause am! but i don also see for one documentry wey dem dey eat rotten shark/orca (killer whale) meat somewhere in the scandinavian region.

Guy rotten and ferment are not the same thing, What you are talking about is what they do to Stock fish (Okporoko  grin )

They hand the fish out, to bleed downwards and let natural agents act out on the fish and ferment it,

ROTTEN = maggots and stuff and they might not be visible at the time - Not Niiice
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by Ranoscky(m): 1:22pm On Nov 06, 2010
invisible!:

I hate hypocrisy with a passion, just because this whale turned up free of charge for us to eat and you are annoyed because you paid good money to eat your own whale?
Na bad belle go kill you.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You really got me laffin enuff $$$$$ into my bank account !!! grin

invisible!:

White lie! It was not fear factor. This was a club of men and women who cooked and were eating maggots, worms, .manliness of many animals, cockroaches and scorpions all displayed on a banquet table for the members to eat, there was no black man there.

TRUE !!!

No body should doubt the above for I even have a dvd plate about it here with me right now !!!

Invisible, all what you said was true, yes, i said it. And i gat your back for it b'cos, i have a dvd documentary about it here in my home.

Topic - So long as the article never stated that the Whale has been decomposed, i don't see anything wrong in it !!!
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by redsun(m): 1:23pm On Nov 06, 2010
Seeing a real life whale is once in a life time spectacle.At least d skeleton should ve been preserve for studies and viewing.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by UyiIredia(m): 1:27pm On Nov 06, 2010
@ redsun >>> in Nigeria that would be an aberration. Unfortunately
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by superboi(m): 1:36pm On Nov 06, 2010
guy i watched something you wan tell me wetin i watch? stockfish is made out of cods and it is not fermented. stockfish is basically the stock that remains when the fish have been drain of its' oil,i.e cod liver oil. i saw the documentary on national geographic about exotic cusines around the globe and the scandinavian use to eat rotten shark or orca on one of their ceremonial days to celebrate their ancestors.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by fijiano202(m): 1:43pm On Nov 06, 2010
Na GOD go punish anybody way blame those hunters,Honestly when was the last time you gave an orphanage or charity home money,some are even stingy enuf not to give beggars money,we the level of poverty in nigeria you should always expect this,i thank God they did not butcher or kill themselves,NIGERIANS if Godzilla or Shark commot from the sea,abeg make una butcher,if na King kong from forest,pls slice it.We never preserve human being way dey Nigeria,una dey talk abt Animal,

Whale Hunters or Butcher Pls KILL THEM ALL
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by GBT(m): 1:50pm On Nov 06, 2010
We need a better picture. Something taken with a still camera and not interlaced.

WHERE THE PICTURES AT NOW?
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by redsun(m): 2:09pm On Nov 06, 2010
Only a foolish dog barks at a flying bird. Peeps like Invisible are so cnnsumed in niperian ills,they don't see anything worthwhile in making efforts for a change and for posterity.Talking to them is like a foolish dog barking at a fying bird.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by fuke(m): 2:19pm On Nov 06, 2010
This is a bad omen. Regular readers of Snooper, that highly
cerebral columnist of The Nation on Sundays will bear out.

A couple of years ago, he wrote something about a big whale
being washed ashore in VI. Within hours more dead whales
 were washed ashore. Like it is happening  now,everybody
went for knives and cutlasses for their share. It ended in disaster.

A couple of weeks ago the article was reprinted.

I am aware he was speaking in parable;e. But for a whale to
be washed ashore  life just like that as he wrote, I am a bit afraid.

I know writers are like prophets sometimes. They write from inspiration.
I remember, Ray Ekpu wrote an article on inferno consuming a legacy
in early eighties. A couple of days later, NITEL building was on fire .
He was promptly picked up.

How I wish we have leaders with brain.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by buzugee(m): 2:23pm On Nov 06, 2010
primitive archaic stone age and barbaric mindset. i believe this is a class issue not a poverty issue. i dont care how hungry i am, i am not eating a dead whale, a dead racoon hit by a car, or anything of that nature. hell, i am trying to be a vegetarian as it is, if not for the occasional beef. some humans are just gross like that. nasty people.
and i say this is not really a poverty issue but a greed issue. free meat, whoahhhhhhh lets quickly grab it and cut slices for ourselves. eewwwwwww
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by buzugee(m): 2:44pm On Nov 06, 2010
and to the guy who says he resents being african, dude this happens alot in those backward towns in america. places like iowa, texas etc. these white rednecks collide with a deer with their pickup truck. then they quickly disembark and grab their basin and knife at the back of the truck, and scrape the dead animal of the street. they call it road-kill. then they go make bbq with it.
in every society, culture, race in the world, there are still a sizeable amount of people with this kind of stone age mindset. i guess maybe they have more testosterone than normal or whatever it is that makes em do these things
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by Ranoscky(m): 2:54pm On Nov 06, 2010
Next. . . .
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by phreakabit(m): 2:56pm On Nov 06, 2010
Topic - So long as the article never stated that the Whale has been decomposed, i don't see anything wrong in it !!!

Most likely because u aren't going to eat from it.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by phreakabit(m): 3:02pm On Nov 06, 2010
primitive archaic stone age and barbaric mindset. i believe this is a class issue not a poverty issue. i dont care how hungry i am, i am not eating a dead whale, a dead racoon hit by a car, or anything of that nature. hell, i am trying to be a vegetarian as it is, if not for the occasional beef. some humans are just gross like that. nasty people.
and i say this is not really a poverty issue but a greed issue. free meat, whoahhhhhhh lets quickly grab it and cut slices for ourselves. eewwwwwww

Can I say case closed? You just nailed it.

and to the guy who says he resents being african, dude this happens alot in those backward towns in america. places like iowa, texas etc. these white rednecks collide with a deer with their pickup truck. then they quickly disemabark and grab their basin and knife at the back of the truck, and scrape the dead animal of the street. they call it road-kill. then they go make bbq with it.
in every society, culture, race in the world, there are still a sizeable amount of people with this kind of stone age mindset. i guess maybe they have more testosterone than normal or whatever it is that makes em do these things

Never said being black,  I said sometimes i just feel, like i resent being African (I actually love it,but sometimes the thought just comes to mind), for goodness sake we are the most "backwardestest" continent ever, to the extent that we now even have aliases like the dark continent and the a.s.s part of the world  shocked ( a.s.s for goodness sake ) even in football self we still dey carry last, It just pisses me off, Honestly!
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by adconline(m): 3:05pm On Nov 06, 2010
Quite scared how Naija brain works: so a dead/infected/rotten whale washes ashore in Nigeria, uninformed people jump on it for poison food, and here an "educated" Nigeria is blaming a Spanish judge somewhere in far away Europe for everything  
Me, I no understand-o

Japanese brains are also included because they feast on whales washed ashore.  If there were no biological or scientific examinations, how did you reach the conclusion that the whale was infected?
I bet you have not been to a local meat  market and see  how meat is prepared? Most of those places are filthy like trash dumps. Cow dung, human feaces, urine and burnt tires . I bet you have never considered the health implication of eating meat that might have been charred with toxic tires and all other rubber materials?
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by buzugee(m): 3:26pm On Nov 06, 2010
phreakabit:

Can I say case closed? You just nailed it.

Never said being black,  I said sometimes i just feel, like i resent being African (I actually love it,but sometimes the thought just comes to mind), for goodness sake we are the most "backwardestest" continent ever, to the extent that we now even have aliases like the dark continent and the a.s.s part of the world  shocked ( a.s.s for goodness sake ) even in fo
otball self we still dey carry last, It just pisses me off, Honestly!
i totally understand where you are coming from. but you have to have an inclusive mindset as a blackman. i dont only count black africans as my kinfolk, i count every black person in this world as my african brother and sister. i am proud to have the same skin color as obama, oprah, denzel washington, barry white (RIP), mandela, fela, micheal jordan, kobe bryant, seal, etc etc. i see myself as a member of the earths black family. hence so i do not see the failures. just setbacks in some factions. the greatest artform (hip-hop) in the past few decades was created by our african brothers in america grin
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by buzugee(m): 3:31pm On Nov 06, 2010
Ranoscky:

Next. . . .
grin wetin be 'next'
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by phreakabit(m): 3:43pm On Nov 06, 2010
african brothers in america  Grin

Brothers you say, but those guys dont feel the way about us Africans
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by buzugee(m): 4:01pm On Nov 06, 2010
phreakabit:

Brothers you say, but those guys dont feel the way about us Africans
does not matter what they feel. it is what you feel. having said that, i have met enough enlightened african americans who love africa and have relocated to africa. in ghana there is a city full of black americans who have relocated and now have their own communities and are even trying to get into govt in ghana.
maya angelou lived in ghana for a long time
W E B du bois lived in ghana until his death
Isiah washington has recently being given a sierra leone passport and he spends most of his time in sierra leone developing the country
THE BOYS all live in gambia and have lived there for over a decade http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boys_(band)
bobby womack lives in zambia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Womack

my point being, the african americans that matter all embrace africa.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by phreakabit(m): 4:04pm On Nov 06, 2010
does not matter what they feel. it is what you feel. having said that, i have met enough enlightened african americans who love africa and have relocated to africa. in ghana there is a city full of black americans who have relocated and now have their own communities and are even trying to get into govt in ghana.
maya angelou lived in ghana for a long time
W E B du bois lived in ghana until his death
Isiah washington has recently being given a sierra leone passport and he spends most of his time in sierra leone developing the country

my point being, the african americans that matter all embrace africa.

Quite true, but there is also a bunch of illiterate, Africa hating ones too.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by buzugee(m): 4:08pm On Nov 06, 2010
phreakabit:

Quite true, but there is also a bunch of illiterate, Africa hating ones too.
why bother with the illiterate haters ? we also do have tribalism in africa too ya know ?
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by buzugee(m): 4:15pm On Nov 06, 2010
http://www.sierraexpressmedia.com/archives/8771 this guy is bringing billion dollars of investments into sierra leone after he discovered that he had sierra leone heritage. he is a chief in sierra leone too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vPt0SDw-8c
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by Ranoscky(m): 4:20pm On Nov 06, 2010
buzugee:

grin wetin be 'next'

My broda, me sef i no know oo. undecided

I no just know wetin to write, and na the thing wey enter my mind be dat, so i just stone am enter dia lyk dat !!!
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by buzugee(m): 4:29pm On Nov 06, 2010
Ranoscky:

My broda, me sef i no know oo. undecided

I no just know wetin to write, and na the thing wey enter my mind be dat, so i just stone am enter dia lyk dat !!!
hehe i hear ya ranoscky. grin
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 06, 2010

/\
                      i
                      i
http://www.daylife.com/photo/0dYkeqbfmnem6 . . . that's part tail of a baby whale from 2008 in Lagos

In the comforts of your homes where u can get three square meal a day plus extra . . . . pray you neva kno the meanin of poverty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Black Spaghetti. This Is What It Looks Like. Can You Eat This? / Soldier, Faith Ogochukwu Kills African Civet In Her Farm (Photos) / How We Killed A Big Python With TEREX (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.