Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Whale In Lagos(with Pics) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Whale In Lagos(with Pics) (64157 Views)

Whale Found @ Agaja Beach, Bonny Island, Rivers State, Nigeria / Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup / Lol:food-hungry Lagosians Hack On Dead, Smelly Whale - Food Is Ready (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by Akainzo(m): 9:50am On Nov 06, 2010
Most replies on this post are quite funny in that they reek of what is inherently wrong with the black man - The black man's stupid idea of seeing himself through the lenses of the white man and always seeking to gain approval from the white man!

The white man sees a beached whale and pushes it back into the water (if it is still alive) but has no qualms shooting ducks out of the skies or the deer in the bushes. But then tells the black man that setting traps to kill bush rats is barbaric!

That the whale is beached (and dead) does not mean that it died of toxic waste, haven't you people heard of natural causes? or did you read it somewhere that whales live forever?

So if the whale should have died of toxic waste, why aren't we abandoning all the fresh fishes we consume in bukas, hotels and restaurants or don't they come from the same Atlantic ocean?

If it makes you feel good and superior when you walk past a $100 bill, all good for you. But don't go mouthing off that its poverty that makes another pick it up. Dude, its common sense!

I am a christian, and the Lord make all animals for my sustainance.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by JUO(m): 9:52am On Nov 06, 2010
poster still waiting for the pic
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by phreakabit(m): 9:53am On Nov 06, 2010

if you are a sensible person, the question you should be asking is "why are the whales turning up in the shore?" rather than "why are people eating the whales"
the most important question is what is causing the whales to die and how to address that problem. infact, it surprised me that most of us were more focused on labeling the nigerians consuming the whale as poverty striken or uncivilized rather than addressing the cause of the death of the whale which should be the more important question.

Organic doesn't mean dead even if its Unprocessed.You want organic food then go set a trap in the bush or something. Thats my take on the issue.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 06, 2010
l̴͖̲̖̱͎͋́̀̏̀͂͜ơ̴̢̘͖͖̟͔̲͉̣̖̒͐̑̑̈́̀̓̆̑͒̏̈́̽̇͌͆̚͘r̴̢̛͕̞̠̼̥͇͙̥̥̗̼͎̰̻̗̩̹̬̰̜̰̪̜̯͈̓̇͆͜ę̴̧̦̩̞̫̬̫͓̫̟̣͖̝̤̩̱̻͌̆̈̅̊̇̈́̄͒͆͂̒̋͗̀́͐̚͜͜m̵̳̬͎̦̼̖͙̻̞̲̳͎͖̤̜͙̞̘̪̥͈̮̲̫̈́̂̑̓̅͌̉̃̄́̎̈́͛̔̃̈͒͛̆̉̉̍̍͌̅̒̿͘͝ͅͅ ̸̨̛̛̮̱͖͇̗͉͙̭͉͕͖̯̼͂̀̆̔̀̽̿̆͐͑͑̀̈́̈͂͒̽̅̒́̒̚͘̚̚̕͝ͅͅͅį̷̨͚̜͖̪̯̦̼̹̤͇̱͕̹̯̓̂̎͊̎͐͊͂̽̈́͊̅̈̏̋͗̀̾̎̂̀̚͝ͅp̵̡͖̱̮̹̫͖̱̺͖͚̙͇̘͈̥̭͎̅̃͗͒̒̐̀̽͑̕̕̕͜͜ş̵̧̛͚͎̘̹̻̩͉̩͕͕͍̲̼̳̲̬͖̟͊̒̽̊͛͂͒̍̇̾̅̀̑̽̆͌̈́͒̀̒́̒̏̚͝͠u̸̧̫̯͉̥̬̗͚̹͙̇̑̾͌̃͌̈́̉̀͛̍̂̄̃̑͝m̵̨̧̛̲̰̰̫̰̖̗̟͉̝͚̯̞̮̪̝͚̯͔̖̻͉͈̫̫̩̞͗̀̈́̅͆̽̆̎͐͂͆̐̾͊̆͝ ̵̛̛̯̮͍͎̜̖̥̫̱͕̥̻̖̮͈̖͎̯͊̒̉̔̔̓̀̍̆̈̊̈́̀͑̓̎̓̄̚͘͜͠͝n̵̟̜̗̩̬̯̫͇̝̙̖̟͋́̒̾̃͒͊̂̇̔͌̎͌̂͠ͅả̸̡͇̟͕̓̾͗̋̄͆̆̒͆̃͐͝i̵̢̧̧̮̞̺̻̝̬̤̲͉̟̟̺̙̣̣̭̘̱̰͇̦̍̌̀̒̎̒͋̊͐̇̿̌͛̓̓͑̆́̉͊͗̿́͘͜͝r̵̻̱̼̣̊̏͂͌̎͊̿̈͂̒͂́̐̔͂̅̅̀͘͝a̵̢͓͉̪̯̯͕̲͔̘͎͓͖̅̄͌̓̈́̒̾̇̀̈́̊̐̋͊̏̎͒̆̊̈̿̑̀͋̒̕̕͠ͅͅl̵̺̩̙̣͉̙͍̱͉͚͖̬̻̮͒̓̄́̀̋̈́͋̈̚͠ḁ̷̛̼̤͔̩̱̜̱̯̦̭̗͓̘͈͔̹̟̥̹̈́̇̔̄̂̀̔͂̏́̆͂̀̀̈́̑͐̇̓͒͊̕̕͝͝n̴̢̛̥͇͇̤̓̎̅̐͑̔͒̐͆͒̾͗̒̓̒́̓̾͗̒͜͝͝ḑ̴̧̨̝̞̦̯̯̠̺̭̭̗̭̱̯͉̹͔̪̦̉͂̋̽̿͑̃̽̐͐͋̌̏͌͑͗̀̎͜͠͠͝͠
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by Akainzo(m): 10:01am On Nov 06, 2010
guddsid:

oyinda
why don't you make a pot full of lizard soup , i mean they are everywhere right ?? come to think of it why are these lizards turning up here grin

So by your own admission then, the Chinese that have brought you the needed advancements and have gone to space are backward and barbaric people seeing as they eat lizards regularly! grin wink smiley grin
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by invisible2(m): 10:06am On Nov 06, 2010
guddsid:

why don't you dress like the ancestors too ,  grin , "ancestorman" lol , please lets stop fooling ourselves with this pro-africanism crap . acting civilized doesn't mean you hate being black and being a bushman doesn't mean you love being black . the world is changing every day , catch up with it or get lost . why are you even using the computer anyway ?? or ancestors didn't use them .  grin
Continue to decieve yourself, just do your follow follow enter grave. A civilization that will stop my freedom to enjoy free meat like it was in the olden days is despicable.

phreakabit:

Dude that was either Fear Factor or Real Man or Chicken? and those are Reality TV shows, meaning those guys get paid to do that, theres nothing wrong in eating Whales, The Japanese almost rendered them extinct. What i find wrong is the fact that this is the second or third time this droppings is repeating itself here. I bet you if this happened in Ghana Angola or SA (at least for Black Africans those are our main competitors) the story would be different, SMH @ this really.

White lie! It was not fear factor. This was a club of men and women who cooked and were eating maggots, worms, .penis of many animals, cockroaches and scorpions all displayed on a banquet table for the members to eat, there was no black man there. All we do on this forum is to condemn everything Nigerian and wish we become whites. It can never happen, be proud of who you are.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by phreakabit(m): 10:09am On Nov 06, 2010
and wish we become whites. It can never happen, be proud of who you are. 

Dude I LOVE BEING BLACK AND AFRICAN, I wouldn't have it any other way, just that we are so backwards in everything it really irks me sometimes!
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by na2day(m): 10:16am On Nov 06, 2010
I love delicacies too, infact, i've eaten whale, shark, frogs as delicacies in an oriental restaurant before, but to descend low and be cutting a rotten carcass by the beach because its free!  undecided
Poverty and long throat no go kill una!
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by phreakabit(m): 10:18am On Nov 06, 2010
I love delicacies too, infact, i've eaten whale, shark, frogs as delicacies in an oriental restaurant before, but to descend low and be cutting a rotten carcass by the beach because its free! Undecided

REAL TALK!!
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by sweetguy10(m): 10:20am On Nov 06, 2010
na2day!:

I love delicacies too, infact, i've eaten whale, shark, frogs as delicacies in an oriental restaurant before, but to descend low and be cutting a rotten carcass by the beach because its free!  undecided

what will you say about the Japanese(with their technology and riches) that has been declared as the biggest threat to whales won't they do the same thing
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by gbishop: 10:25am On Nov 06, 2010
guys lets not argue over this. this is Africa and u can see a sister country of Zimbabwe devour a dead elephant. i hope it wont lead to cholera outbreak in Lagos. Eko oni baje oooooooo
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by oyinda3(f): 10:27am On Nov 06, 2010
phreakabit:

And if you weren't an ugly Bimbo and I dont mean the Yoruba name, searching for a husband on Nairaland,because no one here can see just how wrinkly your face is, you would learn to speak with decency and also that Organic doesn't mean dead even if its Unprocessed.You want organic food then go set a trap in the bush or something. Damn whats the educational standard in Nigeria coming to this days?

my point = dead whale meat is 100x better than all the processed junk most americans consume. but if we consider phreakabit's mentality, eating 20lbs of twinkies and processed gunk is the height of civilization.

well, you didn't have to tell me that attractive people speak and act decently. i already knew that.  
by the way, will you marry me?

guddsid:

oyinda
why don't you make a pot full of lizard soup , i mean they are everywhere right ?? come to think of it why are these lizards turning up here grin

obviously you didn't understand my question. why are the whales turning up dead on the shore?
if lizards were turning up dead on your doorstep. would you be more concerned about why they are turning up dead on your doorstep or why ants are eating them?
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by phreakabit(m): 10:28am On Nov 06, 2010
what will you say about the Japanese(with their technology and riches) that has been declared as the biggest threat to whales Huh won't they do the same thing Huh

The Japanese Go whale hunting, Not scavenging, that's just animal like.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by phreakabit(m): 10:30am On Nov 06, 2010
my point = dead whale meat is 100x better than all the processed junk most americans consume. but if we consider phreakabit's mentality, eating 20lbs of twinkies and processed gunk is the height of civilization.

well, you didn't have to tell me that attractive people speak and act decently. i already knew that.
by the way, will you marry me?

Sorry about that, was just really pissed at someone else and took it out on you, Just so you know i have edited the post. And i would Marry you if i could , LOL
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by oyinda3(f): 10:32am On Nov 06, 2010
phreakabit:

The Japanese Go whale hunting,  Not scavenging, that's just animal like.

whale hunting indeed.

read this article about whale scavenging in Japan and come back to tell me if Japanese people are still "civilized" or "animal like"
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,461888,00.html

phreakabit:

Sorry about that, was just really pissed at someone else and took it out on you, Just so you know i have edited the post. And i would Marry you if i could , LOL

all the while, i was thinking you were flirting with me.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by Abayomin70(m): 10:36am On Nov 06, 2010
i dont see anytin bad in cuttin d whale or even eatin it once is still very fresh and not smelling some people here for nairaland go jus dey form as if dem no be nigeria
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by phreakabit(m): 10:40am On Nov 06, 2010
all the while, i was thinking you were flirting with me.

You are kidding right?, I actually just started, about a post ago.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by oyinda3(f): 10:42am On Nov 06, 2010
Abayomin70:

i dont see anytin bad in cuttin d whale or even eatin it once is still very fresh and not smelling some people here for nairaland go jus dey form as if dem no be nigeria

thank you. Most human beings (whether barbarian or civilized) know not to eat rotten meat purposely. we are psychologically wired to be turned off by decaying stink etc no matter how poor we are.
the meat must have been freshly dead.
and besides, such things have happened before and the people who ate the meat aren't dead yet!!! even if it carried health risk, my guess is that the risk will be from excessive consumption.

phreakabit:

You are kidding right?,  I actually just started, about a post ago.

no comment
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by phreakabit(m): 10:45am On Nov 06, 2010

no comment

Haha, You are going to play that card now, right? grin wink
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by na2day(m): 10:48am On Nov 06, 2010
oyinda.:

thank you. Most human beings (whether barbarian or civilized) know not to eat rotten meat purposely. we are psychologically wired to be turned off by decaying stink etc. the meat must have been freshly dead.
and besides, such things have happened before and the people who ate the meat aren't dead yet!!! even if it carried health risk, my guess is that the risk will be from excessive consumption.

no comment

Massive Whale Swept Ashore At Seme Border 

By Laide Adekunle

A massive whale was swept ashore yesterday morning at Seme border. [size=13pt]The whale, which was already dead, was swept into the Customs quarters at Seme by the waves of the Atlantic Ocean. Hundreds of people were seen this morning hacking at the fish, which was already smelling badly. But the stench did not deter the emergency butchers who all scrambled for a piece of the action[/size].

As the crowd was becoming uncontrollable, the Customs officers chased everybody out of their quarters and later set the fish ablaze.

Not long ago, a dead whale was also swept ashore at the Lagos Bar Beach. It also attract a huge crowd and some people hacked it to pieces and carried them off despite the odious stench it was emitting.

http://www.thenewsng.com/modules/zmagazine/article.php?articleid=19975
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-88626.0.html#msg1617421

We dont have information about the recent one, but this one is an eye opener!
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by marcus1234: 10:54am On Nov 06, 2010
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by oyinda3(f): 10:58am On Nov 06, 2010
ok that is serious if that news source is true. but i do not think that those people are any less stupid than the rest of us. trust me, most of the food we eat are just as disgusting. we just don't know the process because we buy it from the seller rather than from the butcherer.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by JOKYTECH(f): 10:58am On Nov 06, 2010
na2day!:

phreakabit:

Dude I LOVE BEING BLACK AND AFRICAN, I wouldn't have it any other way, just that we are so backwards in everything it really irks me sometimes!

What is the difference? because u did not go there to butcher the whale urself means that the whale u ate is healthy and u are not poor but because others went there and had their share then they are poor and the animal is diseased.
Do u know if the one u ate at the restaurant was gotten from a place like this? grin
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by JOKYTECH(f): 11:00am On Nov 06, 2010
@ phreakabit not quoting u
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by oyinda3(f): 11:03am On Nov 06, 2010
JOKYTECH:

Do u know if the one u ate at the restaurant was gotten from a place like this? grin

that's what i'm trying to say!!!
most of us don't know the source of our food that's why it's easy to criticize these people.
if we knew the source of some of our food, we would be very disgusted.

do we know about all the pesticides and chemicals that are being sprayed on our food? all the disgusting condition the animals grow up in? where the butcherer leave the meat before selling it to the middle man who sells it to you? etc
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 06, 2010
i was amazed at reuben abati's write up, here's a guy who patronises a peppersoup joint and has never for once asked how the fish came into his plate and make so much noise about how the whale came into the scavengers basins, hahaha nigerian's and their hypocrisy, why doesn't he do a write up on how his peppersoup fishes are caught, how they are preserved and the rest, or how his goat meat in the peppersoup is processd, talking about toxic crap and the rest has he bothered finding out that there are more toxic materials in his goat meat peppersoup that's burnt with tires that have high concentration of lead, cadmuim and other heavy metals in them, he wouldn't but he'd open his wide mouth and consume a lot of it, my guess he wouldn't even let go of the bones, has he ever researched and found out that some of those fishes in his peppersoup were killed with dynamites and these also contain heavy metals in them, has he ever bothered writing about animals being killed with bullets by local hunters that contain lead and sold as bush meat for peppersoup which i guess he patronises by his write-up, when he as an intellectual doesn't know that he feels the illiterate scavengers who don't earn as much as he does would give a hoot about that, Rubbish . And for all those making so much noise here visit any abattoir in Nigeria which i believe most of you get your meat from and learn about TOXIC 101.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by invisible2(m): 11:48am On Nov 06, 2010
na2day!:

I hate hypocrisy with a passion, just because this whale turned up free of charge for us to eat and you are annoyed because you paid good money to eat your own whale?
Na bad belle go kill you.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by na2day(m): 12:17pm On Nov 06, 2010
JOKYTECH:

What is the difference? because u did not go there to butcher the whale urself means that the whale u ate is healthy and u are not poor but because others went there and had their share then they are poor and the animal is diseased.
Your reasoning is very flawed!
Do you go and drink water from d gutter because u dont know whether the tap water u're drinking is piped directly from the gutter?  undecided
I'm simply amazed at the backward thinking of some people on this board! 

invisible!:

I hate hypocrisy with a passion, just because this whale turned up free of charge for us to eat and you are annoyed because you paid good money to eat your own whale?
Na bad belle go kill you.

[img]http://arrestedworld.files./2010/11/whale1.jpg[/img]

i'm sure u're dat boy grinning like an i.d.iot, hope the osofree will not become a bone in your scrawny throat!
My concern basically is d health implication anyway.
And dis is my final post on dis issue, eat whatever makes u happy, even if its harmful to your health!
As for me i value my well being alot cool
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by phreakabit(m): 12:30pm On Nov 06, 2010
@ phreakabit not quoting u
LOL, Hell No I cant eat Whale meat gotten from that kind of place, even if i did not have to go there , Secondly the poor darn thing was rotting shocked puke,
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by agitator: 12:34pm On Nov 06, 2010
phreakabit:

Dude that was either Fear Factor or Real Man or Chicken? and those are Reality TV shows, meaning those guys get paid to do that

So, your problem is nobody is paying them to eat the whale, but if somebody is paying them to eat it then no problem?
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by phreakabit(m): 12:35pm On Nov 06, 2010
[img]http://arrestedworld.files./2010/11/whale1.jpg[/img]

This guy is definitely demented.
Is he celebrating for rotten meat BBC and the Infamous Al-Jezera go finish us today.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by Mbeki: 12:37pm On Nov 06, 2010
Animal Rights Abuse, that's what I've been campaigning for all these while. Now it's happening and people are here blabbing there mouths screaming blue murder!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Black Spaghetti. This Is What It Looks Like. Can You Eat This? / Soldier, Faith Ogochukwu Kills African Civet In Her Farm (Photos) / How We Killed A Big Python With TEREX (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.