Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated (10654 Views)

Understanding The Gang Up Against Akanu Ibiam Intl Airport Enugu / APC Is A Gang-up - Ekweremadu (Deputy Senate President) / Government To Investigate Emeagwali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by Environer: 1:11am On Nov 13, 2010
nwaikpete:

PLEASE, I AM IBO MAN LIVING IN AMERICA. HE IS A CRIMINAL, 419ER NAME IT. U GUYS STOP THIS IBO,YORUBA AND HAUSA BIGOTRY, MY MOTHER IN LAW IS FULANI THAT MARRIED A DELTA MAN A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN KIND  HEARTED, MEEK AND GENTLE. WE NEED TO UNITE OURSELVES TO FIGHT THE OLIGARCHS, STOP HATING YOURSELVES BECAUSE A HOUSE DIVIDED AGAINST ITSELF CAN STAND. AND FOR THE SAKE OF PEACE BE YOUR BROADS KEEPER. THANKS, NWAEZE

I am also a white man. I am sure you are either the criminal here or you do not know the meaning of the word criminal. You are indeed an ''Ibo'' man. Ibo man ko, Ogoni man ni!
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by Abagworo(m): 1:20am On Nov 13, 2010
This issue is too obvious.Emeagwali is not a fraud.I think praises for his little achievement was over blown by the media.From all indications,it is a Nigerian of Yoruba extraction that is fighting tooth and nail to bring Emeagwali down.We should not let ethnic hatred or whatsoever lead us into betraying our own brother in another man's land.Especially if his name is recorded in Gold.
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by jason12345: 1:42am On Nov 13, 2010
Abagworo:

This issue is too obvious.Emeagwali is not a fraud.I think praises for his little achievement was over blown by the media.From all indications,it is a Nigerian of Yoruba extraction that is fighting tooth and nail to bring Emeagwali down.We should not let ethnic hatred or whatsoever lead us into betraying our own brother in another man's land.Especially if his name is recorded in Gold.

the so called people in government that are trying to bring him down are not even yoruba (dora,jonathan).during a so called yoruba's era (obj), did you hear anything about emeagwali??
pls don't add tribal sentiment because of your preconception about yorubas.please

Environer:

I am also a white man. I am sure you are either the criminal here or you do not know the meaning of the word criminal. You are indeed an ''Ibo'' man. Ibo man ko, Ogoni man ni!

the man maybe igbo as akin-egba is yoruba. you may never know! people just want to know the truth. although, investigating him would not be good for our nation. i have always seen emeagwali as my hero and i am sure many young nigerians see him as such.
but you need to look past tribal sentiment. it hinders the progress of our nation!

ONE LOVE WAZOBIA AND ALL THE OTHER GROUPS smiley
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by Princek12(m): 3:58pm On Nov 13, 2010
jason12345:

the so called people in government that are trying to bring him down are not even yoruba (dora,jonathan).during a so called yoruba's era (obj), did you hear anything about emeagwali??
pls don't add tribal sentiment because of your preconception about yorubas.please

the man maybe igbo as akin-egba is yoruba. you may never know! people just want to know the truth. although, i[b]nvestigating him would not be good for our nation[/b]. i have always seen emeagwali as my hero and i am sure many young nigerians see him as such.
but you need to look past tribal sentiment. it hinders the progress of our nation!

how so? and does the same standard apply to 419ers and thieving politicians?
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by jason12345: 4:09pm On Nov 13, 2010
Princek12:

how so? and does the same standard apply to 419ers and thieving politicians?

he is seen as a role model for many youths to build their confidence upon and that includes me. how can we justify the investigation that would only paint our image bad to the world? we have to start learn how to promote our people not demote them. if the world sees him as a good scientist, then let it be so!

although, i must stress that if he has nothing to hide then there should be no problem.
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by nadneth: 5:37pm On Nov 13, 2010
Until those institutions/bodies that awarded Emeagwali those degrees/awards strip him of such only then will i take this story serious. That report 'bout him might have been written by one Idowu in Ibadan or one Emeka in Enugu just to tarnish or discredit Emeagwali's work. But Nigerians,when would we recognise,celebrate and identify with one of our own who has excelled in his or her field irrespective of where he/she comes from? This is the same reason why our country will not develop unless we stop thinking like our grand parents did and realise that we are a new generation of Nigerians. The Oyibo man doesn't know who's an igbo,yoruba,hausa,ijaw,efik,ibibio,urhobo man,what they know is that we are Nigerians.Pls,lets see ourselves as one. I'm outta here!
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by jason12345: 5:44pm On Nov 13, 2010
nadneth:

Until those institutions/bodies that awarded Emeagwali those degrees/awards strip him of such only then will i take this story serious. That report 'bout him might have been written by one Idowu in Ibadan or one Emeka in Enugu just to tarnish or discredit Emeagwali's work. But Nigerians,when would we recognise,celebrate and identify with one of our own who has excelled in his or her field irrespective of where he/she comes from? This is the same reason why our country will not develop unless we stop thinking like our grand parents did and realise that we are a new generation of Nigerians. The Oyibo man doesn't know who's an igbo,yoruba,hausa,ijaw,efik,ibibio,urhobo man,what they know is that we are Nigerians.Pls,lets see ourselves as one. I'm outta here!

BELIEVE ME, ITS NOT ETHNIC RELATED. obj never planned to investigate emegwali. is dora and gj yoruba? no. so its not ethnic related
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by nadneth: 9:42pm On Nov 13, 2010
jason12345:

BELIEVE ME, ITS NOT ETHNIC RELATED. obj never planned to investigate emegwali. is dora and gj yoruba? no. so its not ethnic related
Neither did Dora nor GJ planned to investigate him. I'm not saying the report is ethnic related and at the same time i'm not ruling out the possibility of ethnic hatred by the people castigating Phillip Emeagwali. Lets learn how to live as one in Nigeria. I'm an Igbo man in diaspora,but what i'm carrying is Nigerian passport and not igbo passport. The same thing applies to my yoruba friends here. That u're a yoruba man will not make a Sean in New York or Miguel in Lisbon treat you better than other Nigerians neither will a Jim in London or Wilheim in Frankfurt be 'nicer' to me as an Igbo man. All they know is that we are Nigerians. When you see our brothers from Ghana,dont you just call them ghanains? How many times have you asked a ghanaian if he is Ashanti, Ga, or Ewe. Please for our own good,lets stop these ethnic bashing and behave civilised. This is 21st century for God's sake.
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by jason12345: 10:01pm On Nov 13, 2010
nadneth:

Neither did Dora nor GJ planned to investigate him. I'm not saying the report is ethnic related and at the same time i'm not ruling out the possibility of ethnic hatred by the people castigating Phillip Emeagwali. Lets learn how to live as one in Nigeria. I'm an Igbo man in diaspora,but what i'm carrying is Nigerian passport and not igbo passport. The same thing applies to my yoruba friends here. That u're a yoruba man will not make a Sean in New York or Miguel in Lisbon treat you better than other Nigerians neither will a Jim in London or Wilheim in Frankfurt be 'nicer' to me as an Igbo man. All they know is that we are Nigerians. When you see our brothers from Ghana,dont you just call them ghanains? How many times have you asked a ghanaian if he is Ashanti, Ga, or Ewe. Please for our own good,lets stop these ethnic bashing and behave civilised. This is 21st century for God's sake.

i support you. thats why i joined NL at the first place! my campaign is to unite us. but if we keep going back to what our fathers did in the past, we cannot move forward. i am itsekiri by birth but i am more inclined to yoruba and i see what you are saying. i would not be seen as a yoruba or itsekiri by an outsider. i would be seen as a nigerian.

trying to unite us cannot be done by me alone, it has to be a collective effort.
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by nadneth: 10:52pm On Nov 13, 2010
@jason12345. Yeah bro it cannot be done by you and me alone. Lets come together and forget about what our parents (most of them are the architect of our problems today) told us about the other tribes and build our country. One luv. Naija for life.
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by jason12345: 11:00pm On Nov 13, 2010
nadneth:

@jason12345. Yeah bro it cannot be done by you and me alone. Lets come together and forget about what our parents (most of them are the architect of our problems today) told us about the other tribes and build our country. One luv. Naija for life.

amen ooo!

as i told my igbo friends and as they have told me, " we were born nigerians, not as igbos or as yorubas". peace. smiley
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by fstranger: 11:02pm On Nov 13, 2010
jason12345:

amen ooo!

as i told my igbo friends and as they have told me, " we were born nigerians, not as igbos or as yorubas". peace. smiley

Yeah right!
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by Nimshi: 5:15am On Nov 14, 2010
jason12345:

amen ooo!

",  born Nigerians, " what a joke!

This lie is what's contributed to the rot in that geographical space called Nigeria. Could you tell what attributes of culture and language, say, that are distinctly Nigerian? You're first a member of your ethnic nation before you're "Nigerian"; there's nothing important that's "Nigerian".
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by Nimshi: 5:19am On Nov 14, 2010
jason12345:

i support you. thats why i joined NL at the first place! my campaign is to unite us. but if we keep going back to what our fathers did in the past, we cannot move forward. i am itsekiri by birth but i am more inclined to yoruba and i see what you are saying. i would not be seen as a yoruba or itsekiri by an outsider. i would be seen as a nigerian.

trying to unite us cannot be done by me alone, it has to be a collective effort.

A "campaign to unite", under what umbrella? The Itsekiri & Yoruba are close enough . . . And what an "outsider" thinks is irrelevant. Would you try something common with your "fellow countryman" from the North in Sokoto, say? What have you in common? What basis for unity? Invading Europeans made this geographical space called Nigeria; it is a curse to continue that failed project. This attempt to force unity has already failed; there's no nation, only a space called Nigeria.
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by Nimshi: 5:26am On Nov 14, 2010

This is a lie.
The most effective exposé of this fraud called Phllip Emeagwali came from the Igbo.
The media didn't 'overblow' his 'achievement', he did himself.
He's lied his way to fame; it's payback time.
The man is a consumate fraud, a criminal, and a shameless pseudo-intellectual.
He has no PhD, he has no patents, he's got no technical papers; he's a liar and a fraud.
He's earned all the grief he's getting.

http://www.boutell.com/newfaq/history/emeagwali.html
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by nellaluv(f): 5:40am On Nov 14, 2010
jason12345:

amen ooo!

fstranger:

Yeah right!

lol, sad but true.
Yeah right
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by abagoro(m): 10:42am On Nov 14, 2010
Nimshi:

This is a lie.
The most effective exposé of this fraud called Phllip Emeagwali came from the Igbo.
The media didn't 'overblow' his 'achievement', he did himself.
He's lied his way to fame; it's payback time.
The man is a consumate fraud, a criminal, and a shameless pseudo-intellectual.
He has no PhD, he has no patents, he's got to technical papers; he's a liar and a fraud.
He's earned all the grief he's getting.

http://www.boutell.com/newfaq/history/emeagwali.html

Curled from saharareporters

Only recently, the USAfricadialogue googlegroups listserv managed by Professor Toyin Falola of the University of Texas hosted a discussion on Philip Emeagwali’s vast fraud. Participants in the discussion included Nigerian and African intellectuals,
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by profibadan: 5:16pm On Nov 14, 2010
My people stop being tribalistic. Lagos zoned a political office to the Ibos, there is no talk of tribalism. The man with the third largest votes in the last gubernatorial election in Lagos was an Ibo man. The Yorubas were not tribalistic then. Name one public state secondary school in the East with a Yoruba man as principal. My former principal at Orishigun High School was Ibo. Was It was Yoruba who asked the Biafrans to come to Ore during the Civil War. Is Ore an Igbo Community? Please let Emeagwali face the music if he deceived us. We celebrated Achebe and Soyinka, please let us stop ethnic Bashing. The largest critic of Obasanjos were Yorubas. Emeagwali is not the father of the internet. Period. The Bell prize is not equal with the Nobel Prize
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by jason12345: 6:09pm On Nov 14, 2010
Nimshi:

This lie is what's contributed to the rot in that geographical space called Nigeria. Could you tell what attributes of culture and language, say, that are distinctly Nigerian? You're first a member of your ethnic nation before you're "Nigerian"; there's nothing important that's "Nigerian".

its because of people like you nigeria cannot work! if you are not willing to sacrifice and work hard for the unity of this country, then it cannot work. if you go to "western nigeria" igbos own businesses all over. do you hear of yoruba killing igbos? NO.

if you go to northern nigeria the same can be said except the leaders who use religion as a reason to kill.

why do you think the rest of the country is scared to invest in the east? the eastern people do not like to mix with anyone let alone marry out of their state.

you have to face the reality, which is nigeria will not spilt any time soon! if it does, its the igbos that will bear the consequences the most. also, there is no way a split would happen without a war (a very deadly war!). moreover, our individual economies would be insufficient to make an impact in the world stage, fact!

when we use ethnicity to cloud our judgement and human reasoning, then the result will be the nigeria of today. we are 50 years into this marriage and no one is happy but we have no choice!

i have a question, where do you want the mixed children to go?.
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by KnowAll(m): 6:10pm On Nov 14, 2010
It would appear all attempts by the Igbo's in looking for a legitimate  hero seems to be hitting a brick-wall, first it was THE absconding commander-in-chief of Biafra, his hurried depature from Biafra during the heat of battle whilst at the same time emptying the Biafran treasury of any legal Nigerian Currency LEAVING behind his own Biafran currency for his co-conspirators convincing them that it is legal tender in France, was and has  met with displeasure by many igbo intelligenstsia who saw Ojukwu as an opportunitist, and a cheap rogue at a time when many grown up men where in the dark ages. If it were today the likes of Ojukwu would not get a look-in.

No sooner getting over the hang-over of the Ojukwu saga(although Ojukwu still have remenants of supporters but they are not only powerless but they are also voiceless in Igboland of today they are the butts of jokes which is understandable) than the Emeagwali supposedly heroic exploit in America hit the air waves, the story made many Igbo sons and daughters dance to the relisation that they have found a true hero and a geniue antecedant to be proud of, but members of this fraudster's family in no other person than his blood sister initiated to the world that the man has been a liar from the womb. Another burst to the higly inflated ego of the igbos.  undecided

I think it is high time we borrow these hero starve tribe one of our many glorius sons in Yorubaland, they can have their pick in any of the above, is it the ingenious Fela they would like or, the Nobel Winning Soyinka, or better still ready to die with my boss Fajuyi, what of philantrophic Abiola, or good governance Fashola, or no-nosense BANJO who fought with igbo's and died with them or even Gani,  at least he was a man of the people,  and can pass for any down and trodden Nigeria, borrowing any of these guys out to our brothers in the east would be a welcome unity pact between the Yorubas and the Igbos.

AWOLOWO IS A NO GO AREA THUS NOT TO BE BORROWED
. undecided
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by jason12345: 6:16pm On Nov 14, 2010
@ nimshi,

hausas kill yorubas ( especially during the jos crisis) and yorubas kill hausas (the riot in lagos 2002-3) but do you hear any of them crying that they want to leave the country? NO!!! AND THATS WHAT THEY CALL SELF-SACRIFICE FOR THE GREATER GOOD OF THE COUNTRY. not when any small thing happens like the investigation of emegwali by non-yorubas, you will start saying it ethnic motivated.
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by aljharem(m): 6:19pm On Nov 14, 2010
jason12345:

its because of people like you nigeria cannot work! if you are not willing to sacrifice and work hard for the unity of this country, then it cannot work. if you go to "western nigeria" igbos own businesses all over. do you hear of yoruba killing igbos? NO.

if you go to northern nigeria the same can be said except the leaders who use religion as a reason to kill.

why do you think the rest of the country is scared to invest in the east? the eastern people do not like to mix with anyone let alone marry out of their state.

you have to face the reality, which is nigeria will not spilt any time soon! if it does, its the igbos that will bear the consequences the most. also, there is no way a split would happen without a war (a very deadly war!). moreover, our individual economies would be insufficient to make an impact in the world stage, fact!

when we use ethnicity to cloud our judgement and human reasoning, then the result will be the nigeria of today.  we are 50 years into this marriage and no one is happy but we have no choice!

jason once agin u are right

very clever

this people are the reason nigeria is not where it is meant to be

this igbos on this forum are so silly and dumb that they do not reason before they talk

it is a shame

i mean what is the meaning of "the Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated" it is just stupid and inferiority complex that is affect the sense of reasoning.
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by aljharem(m): 6:22pm On Nov 14, 2010
Nimshi:

u are a very dumb person

just stay in dispora and do not come back to the country u do not believe in, ok

ethnocentric person angry angry
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by aljharem(m): 6:25pm On Nov 14, 2010
KnowAll:

It would appear all attempts by the Igbo's in looking for a legitimate  hero seems to be hitting a brick-wall, first it was THE absconding commander-in-chief of Biafra, his hurried depature from Biafra during the heat of battle whilst at the same time emptying the Biafran treasury of any legal Nigerian Currency LEAVING behind his own Biafran currency for his co-conspirators convincing them that it is legal tender in France, was and has  met with displeasure by many igbo intelligenstsia who saw Ojukwu as an opportunitist, and a cheap rogue at a time when many grown up men where in the dark ages. If it were today the likes of Ojukwu would not get a look-in.

No sooner getting over the hang-over of the Ojukwu saga(although Ojukwu still have remenants of supporters but they are not only powerless but they are also voiceless in Igboland of today they are the butts of jokes which is understandable) than the Emeagwali supposedly heroic exploit in America hit the air waves, the story made many Igbo sons and daughters dance to the relisation that they have found a true hero and a geniue antecedant to be proud of, but members of this fraudster's family in no other person than his blood sister initiated to the world that the man has been a liar from the womb. Another burst to the higly inflated ego of the igbos.  undecided

[s]I think it is high time we borrow these hero starve tribe one of our many glorius sons in Yorubaland, they can have their pick in any of the above, is it the ingenious Fela they would like or, the Nobel Winning Soyinka, or better still ready to die with my boss Fajuyi, what of philantrophic Abiola, or good governance Fashola, or no-nosense BANJO who fought with igbo's and died with them or even Gani,  at least he was a man of the people,  and can pass for any down and trodden Nigeria, borrowing any of these guys out to our brothers in the east would be a welcome unity pact between the Yorubas and the Igbos.

AWOLOWO IS A NO GO AREA THUS NOT TO BE BORROWED
. undecided
[/s]

u started well but ended with pride, why na undecided
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by KnowAll(m): 6:34pm On Nov 14, 2010
u started well but ended with pride, why na

I am only helping the thread starter to answer a question that it is not ethnically motivated by reminding the poster of the emotional roller-coster igbo sons have made their tribesmen go through over the years perharps another tribesman might help heal their heart aches. undecided
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by Nimshi: 6:39pm On Nov 14, 2010
alj harem:

u are a very dumb person

just stay in dispora and do not come back to the country u do not believe in, ok

ethnocentric person angry angry

Very interesting response from a "Nigerian".

And, er, how would you figure I don't live in the geographical space called Nigeria?

And, how're those enslaved in your harem doing?

Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by Nimshi: 6:49pm On Nov 14, 2010
jason12345:

its because of people like you nigeria cannot work! if you are not willing to sacrifice and work hard for the unity of this country, then it cannot work. if you go to "western nigeria" igbos own businesses all over. do you hear of yoruba killing igbos? NO,

- Nigeria has not worked for the last 50 years; what makes you think things can begin to change now?
- Right from independence, from the first development plan, it was clear this forced marriage will not work
- Every ethnic nation have their own "national" character: ask the British who forced Nigeria on us
- Don't blame the Easterners; they've got their reasons; and no, you're wrong, Easterners do marry outside too
- Nigeria does not need to split now, but the current federal arrangement is a failure
- Remove Niger Delta oil revenues, then you'll see the true colour of so-called "Nigerians"
- "Mixed children"? You're confusing things: demanding for separate territories, or at least, separately administered territories, with a weak centre, isn't the same as asking others of different ethnic nationalities to leave. . .
- Sorry, but the British & German have more in common than a South-Easterner & a North-North Northerner, say: not the language, not the culture, not the orientation. What's the justification for corcing these people into one country
- You keep mentioning "unity"; what does that mean?
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by jason12345: 6:54pm On Nov 14, 2010
Nimshi:

- Nigeria has not worked for the last 50 years; what makes you think things can begin to change now?
- Right from independence, from the first development plan, it was clear this forced marriage will not work
- Every ethnic nation have their own "national" character: ask the British who forced Nigeria on us
- Don't blame the Easterners; they've got their reasons; and no, you're wrong, Easterners do marry outside too
- Nigeria does not need to split now, but the current federal arrangement is a failure
- Remove Niger Delta oil revenues, then you'll see the true colour of so-called "Nigerians
"
- "Mixed children"? You're confusing things: demanding for separate territories, or at least, separately administered territories, with a weak centre, isn't the same as asking others of different ethnic nationalities to leave. . .
- Sorry, but the British & German have more in common than a South-Easterner & a North-North Northerner, say: not the language, not the culture, not the orientation. What's the justification for corcing these people into one country
- You keep mentioning "unity"; what does that mean?

i do agree that the current federal structure is not working and that we over depend on oil. so with that i support federalism.

what i mean by unity is for us to come together regardless of the ethnic background, and promote the greater good of nigeria.
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by Nimshi: 6:57pm On Nov 14, 2010
jason12345:

- first: there's no "nation", only a country, a geographical space called Nigeria

- second: what do mean "WAZOBIA AND ALL THE OTHER GROUPS"? (Emphasis added). This highlights the fakeness of this thing called "Nigeria": direct reference to supposedly the three largest - by population - ethnic nationalities, and the lumping of the others, no matter that the "small" others are the lifeblood of this disgraceful arrangement? Niger Delta oil will provide the solution to this "Nigeria". It's a house of cards, Nigeria, an arrangement based on predatory/oppressive relationships.
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by Nimshi: 7:02pm On Nov 14, 2010
jason12345:

i do agree that the current federal structure is not working and that we over depend on oil. so with that i support federalism.

what i mean by unity is for us to come together regardless of the ethnic background, and promote the greater good of nigeria.

- what is this "greater good of Nigeria"? Could you get specific?

Too tired of this embrace-and-be-one sentiment. What's the good of Nigeria? A senate where no one takes responsibility for anything? A House of Reps where they only share public funds? Reduce this behemoth to bits, let the centre be weak. . . this current arrangement will perpetuate the interests of those who've seized the means of resources; the country, the experiment, has failed. "This house has fallen".
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by abagoro(m): 7:34pm On Nov 14, 2010
Nimshi:

- what is this "greater good of Nigeria"? Could you get specific?

Too tired of this embrace-and-be-one sentiment. What's the good of Nigeria? A senate where no one takes responsibility for anything? A House of Reps where they only share public funds? Reduce this behemoth to bits, let the centre be weak. . . this arrangement will perpetuate the interests of those who've seized the means of resources; the country, the experiment, has failed. "This house has fallen".

Thats the only thing that will avert this looming crisis.
Re: The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated by kettykin: 8:02pm On Nov 14, 2010
Some yorubas and ethnic chauvinism
I kept wondering if Bill Gates and Larry Ellison were both Nigerians and probably ibo. Both men would have been declared fraud , futher work would have been stopped on Microsoft windows and in Oracle .
Both men would have been facing EFCC or some antifraud body for being fraud.
And the world would have been deprived of the greatest operating system and database software of all time because of a few tribal warlords
Fraud because they don't even have a degree and they don't have patents.

Please can someone update the new defnition of a fraud on britannica .

Little wonder smart people can only make it in America.
Since when did fraud become equal to lack of certificates ( worthless certificates at that )

My problem with Emeagwali is that he stopped innovating in 1989 , if he went ahead to even build a business out of his achievement ( may be he didn't have capital and OBJ could have closed his Business if based in Nigeria) or done more innovation ( Nigerian ethnic jingoist could have called him a bigger fraud) then all this would not have happened.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador / Breaking President Of Gabon Spotted In Nigeria Civil War Pics As A Starvin Child / Ismaila Yakubu Agba Killed In Kogi (APC Youth Leader)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.