Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

No Victor No Vanquished - How true? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Victor No Vanquished - How true? (7970 Views)

No Victor No Vanquish / Dollarization Of The APC Primaries: How Amaehi Vanquished Atiku #saibuhari / Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by Seun(m): 11:58pm On Nov 11, 2010
Onlytruth:

Most of the Biafran soldiers were just young men and women (much like you would find in the Super Eagles and Super Falcons today). Nevertheless they stood and fought. They were young lions and lionesses.

If they didn't fight for our defense, we would not be here today. That is why we will NEVER FORGET them and their sacrifice.
What are you talking about?  They lost the war.  If they had not started the war in the first place, or if they had surrendered early instead of waiting for one million people to die, you will be exactly where you are today, except that all those people who died will not have died.  War is stupid.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by Onlytruth(m): 12:01am On Nov 12, 2010
Seun:

What are you talking about?  They lost the war.  I[b]f they had not started the war in the first place,[/b] or if they had surrendered early instead of waiting for one million people to die, you will be exactly where you are today, except that all those people who died will not have died.  War is silly.

You of all persons should know that they DID NOT start the war. They fought in defense after Gowon started his so called police action at Garkem.
Wasn't it your brother who just confessed to killing unarmed Igbo in Modakeke and lying to the police about it?
These things didn't end in Biafra. It continues even today.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by bkbabe97y(m): 12:19am On Nov 12, 2010
Onlytruth:

Most of the Biafran soldiers were just young men and women ([b]much like you would find in the Super Eagles [/b]and Super Falcons today).

What u mean, like 45yr old men claiming to be 19 year old boys?
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by OgidiBoy(m): 12:22am On Nov 12, 2010
I watched the youtube clips of the Biafran war, a lot of the Young Biafran soldiers didn't even have guns, they fought with matched and knifes. And a lot of the long range artillery was made in Biafra from scrap metal. " Igbo ingenuity"

Seriously if some of  us Igbo today had half the courage our fathers and grandfathers had in those days, Igboland would not be part of Nigeria.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by bkbabe97y(m): 12:23am On Nov 12, 2010
EzeUche0:

My father is far from a coward and has been celebrated as a Biafran War hero. He did not run in the face of battle, nor did any of my uncles when faced with the odds of defeat. My father's eldest brother died in that war.

Wutever! Your family stayed and fought yet u support Ojukwu who fled like a lil binch?! Sorry about ur Uncle, but dont u think Ojukwu should be held liable for his death?!
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by fstranger: 12:24am On Nov 12, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Wutever! Your family stayed and fought yet u support Ojukwu who fled like a lil binch?! Sorry about your Uncle, but dont u think Ojukwu should be held liable for his death?!

You are my hero!
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by bkbabe97y(m): 12:25am On Nov 12, 2010
fstranger:

It reminds me of secondary school where we used to beat some of the Igbos and during the Ife-Modakeke war, we killed some of them , and then lied to the cops that they were killed by the Modakekes. Up till today, Nothing has happened.

I hope u joking at the bolded?!
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by T9ksy(m): 12:49am On Nov 12, 2010
Quote from: fstranger on Yesterday at 09:41:23 PM
It reminds me of secondary school where we used to beat some of the Igbos and during the Ife-Modakeke war, we killed some of them , and then lied to the cops that they were killed by the Modakekes. Up till today, Nothing has happened.

Quote from:bk.babe97y
I hope u joking at the bolded?!

I doubt it very much tho' i too would like to believe, he was joking. Anyway, I rest in the knowledge that he (fstranger) does not speak for me and the majority of yorubas. His ilk are an insignificant minority within the yoruba group and as such its adviseable to ignore his recent verbal diahorrea. 
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by vicenzo(m): 12:55am On Nov 12, 2010
Onlytruth was spot on,we wil never forget the courage of the biafra soldiers and the bravery of the young biafra boys who died trying to steal guns and other weapons from the nigerian army to provide the for the biafra army,they didnt sacrifice their lives because they were force by ojukwu but because their loved us and wil rather die than see us annihilated by nigeria,they wrote our history with their blood,their sacrifice wil not be in vain,we wil pass the story of their sacrificfe from generation to generation,as long as the enemy(nigeria) lives and as long as ndi igbo continues to walk the surface of the earth we shall never forget the land of the rising sun.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by DeLaRue: 2:02am On Nov 12, 2010
fstranger:

@MShittu

I think you are taking this NL ethnic banter way too seriously & it is very childish & irresponsible of you to try & fightback with the most gross & hopefully, false account.

I attended the University of Ife & so have some familiarity with the dynamics between Ife & Modakeke.

For those who do not know, Ife & Modakeke are two relatively sleepy Yoruba towns, with Ife being the larger of the two. These towns have fought several wars between them over several hundred years. During the last war in the 90s, up to 100 people from both sides were believed to have lost their lives.

Like most Yoruba towns, Ife & Modakeke have a fair amount of people from all parts of Nigeria. Unfortunately, when fighting breaks out, the thugs on both sides do not ask about your background - they kill whoever they believe to be/live on the other side - be that person Hausa, Igbo, or Yoruba.

To make matters worse, there is practically no distance between the towns as they have morphed into one.  Also, the largest market in town is sited right on the 'boundary' where the fighting normally starts. As with most markets, there will be a fair number of people from all parts of Nigeria who unfortunately can become victims.

But to suggest that someone was targeted simply for being Igbo, when this particular war has been fought for generations, and has not the slightest relevance to Igbos, is preposterous

In those days, to avoid being part of the collateral damage, whenever there was a threat of new fighting, the University was shut down & the students bailed out of the town in panic - Igbos, Yorubas, Hausas - all of us.

You can throw banter on these ethic threads without making up very upsetting & totally unacceptable stories.

I am all for free speech, but I strongly urge the owners of this site to ban you with immediate effect, though I understand people like you can come back in a different guise.

I am disgusted & I hope you'll have the decency to apologise and tell us if you were merely joking, though a sick joke it would be.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by kettykin: 5:18am On Nov 12, 2010
Is war really silly ?
How come the G20 countries that matter still fight till today .US has always been at war from operation desert storm to afgan war.
Those that are not fighting are constantly polishing and upgrading their military hardware for any eventuality. Some country's defence budget rank higher than their other sectors.

I rather think fighting to loose is silliy and not fighting at all and chickening out before your agressors is even more silly.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by fstranger: 5:40am On Nov 12, 2010
There is a difference between a mental fight and a physical one. The best fights are the ones you avoid because they've already been won psychologically. Yorubas have moved on from the archaic ways of fighting, comprising mainly of physical bloodsheds, to the 21st century method, comprising mostly of psychological warfare. After all, it also written in the bible that our fight is not against flesh and blood but against principalities and demons of all authorities and rankings. As our fight is targeted at demons and principalities, it is not easy to determine.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by Onlytruth(m): 6:01am On Nov 12, 2010
fstranger:

There is a difference between a mental fight and a physical one. The best fights are the ones you avoid because they've already been one psychologically. Yorubas have moved on from the archaic ways of fighting, comprising mainly of physical bloodsheds, to the 21st century method, comprising mostly of psychological warfare. After all, it also written in the bible that our fight is not against flesh and blood but against principalities and demons of all authorities and rankings. As our fight is targeted at demons and principalities, it is not easy to determine.

Look at this psychotic demon quoting the bible! undecided undecided undecided shocked

Anyway, even the devil quoted the bible too.
Good luck with your "war".
You killed unarmed innocent Igbo people and lied to the police about it.
Coward.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by EzeUche0(m): 6:19am On Nov 12, 2010
DeLaRue:

You can throw banter on these ethic threads without making up very upsetting & totally unacceptable stories.

I am all for free speech, but I strongly urge the owners of this site to ban you with immediate effect, though I understand people like you can come back in a different guise.

I am disgusted & I hope you'll have the decency to apologise and tell us if you were merely joking, though a sick joke it would be.

He is even worse than bk.babe. I never seen such PURE HATE coming from a Nigerian. I have seen disparaging remarks, but not to this extreme. He bragged about partaking in the killing of innocent Igbos which is totally unacceptable.

And it is unforgivable. I take that ish personal.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by bkbabe97y(m): 6:45am On Nov 12, 2010
EzeUche0:

He is even worse than bk.babe.

Youve said this like 5 times already!

You know who u should be comparing him to? YOURSELF!!!

No matter what jokes or insults I make of the Ibo, I NEVER ask that they be exterminated! You on the other hand propose tribal cleansing all the time against the Ijaws/Hausas/Yorubas and others. Maybe Fstranger is just taking after u. Thus, u really shouldnt be appalled!
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by bkbabe97y(m): 6:47am On Nov 12, 2010
vicenzo:

we shall never forget the land of the rising sun.

Biafra is Japan?!
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by DapoBear(m): 6:48am On Nov 12, 2010
@fstranger: Just as a word of advice, even if that event really did occur, you generally don't want to mention that sort of thing online. IP addresses are logged on this site and can be use to find you, if necessary (unless you are careful enough to use some sort of web anonymizer.)

Also, I'm assuming you are joking about what you did. Murdering innocent people due to their ethnicity is quite literally genocide, dude. Not really something to joke about.

@EzeUche0: The only SS or SE ethnic group imo who can make more than empty threats are the Ijaws. They've shown a willingness to sacrifice a lot for their cause. Biafrans have not. Moreover, as someone else said in this thread, if there is any chaos in Nigeria, it hurts the Igboman far more than anyone else. After all, most of us live in our home regions. You guys do not.

To be quite honest, unless you guys are willing to strap bombs to your chest, then I don't really find your threats credible.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by DapoBear(m): 6:49am On Nov 12, 2010
fstranger:

There is a difference between a mental fight and a physical one. The best fights are the ones you avoid because they've already been one psychologically. Yorubas have moved on from the archaic ways of fighting, comprising mainly of physical bloodsheds, to the 21st century method, comprising mostly of psychological warfare.

This is fstranger's way of admitting that he was kidding, just FYI.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by EzeUche0(m): 7:00am On Nov 12, 2010
DapoBear:

@EzeUche0: The only SS or SE ethnic group imo who can make more than empty threats are the Ijaws. They've shown a willingness to sacrifice a lot for their cause. Biafrans have not. Moreover, as someone else said in this thread, if there is any chaos in Nigeria, it hurts the Igboman far more than anyone else. After all, most of us live in our home regions. You guys do not.

To be quite honest, unless you guys are willing to strap bombs to your chest, then I don't really find your threats credible.

What are you talking about? The Igbos can mobilize themselves in any minute. We did it before, we can do it again. We are the only group, besides our allies the Ibibio and Ogoni who battled the Nigerian military in open warfare. No other group can say this. And we are the only people who can destroy Nigeria. Without the East, Nigeria is nothing.

I can see you do not know the dynamics of the East. We Igbos make up 75% of the entire population of the entire region East of the River Niger. We are found throughout the South-South. Especially in Rivers and Delta State with some communities in Bayelsa.

The Ijaws learned from the Igbo and any person who says that the Igbo have not shown that we have the ability to fight is seriously deluded.

You insult 30+ million Igbos in Nigeria with your assertion.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by fstranger: 7:05am On Nov 12, 2010
EzeUche0:

He is even worse than bk.babe. I never seen such PURE HATE coming from a Nigerian. I have seen disparaging remarks, but not to this extreme. He bragged about partaking in the killing of innocent Igbos which is totally unacceptable.

And it is unforgivable. I take that ish personal.

Point of correction .  .   . I am not a Nigerian! I am a confirmed citizen of Oodualand, an unapologetic follower of Awo, a chest thumping Igbo wife beater and an unrepentant Conqueror of the Biafrans. Best get that into your tiny brain.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by EzeUche0(m): 7:11am On Nov 12, 2010
fstranger:

Point of correction .  .   . I am not a Nigerian! I am a confirmed citizen of Oodualand, an unapologetic follower of Awo, a chest thumping Igbo wife beater and an unrepentant Conqueror of the Biafrans. Best get that into your tiny brain.

I could have figured you are an Awoist. That explains everything. My Awolowo thread must have awaken you.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by DapoBear(m): 7:12am On Nov 12, 2010
EzeUche0:

What are you talking about? The Igbos can mobilize themselves in any minute. We did it before, we can do it again. We are the only group, besides our allies the Ibibio and Ogoni who battled the Nigerian military in open warfare. No other group can say this. And we are the only people who can destroy Nigeria. Without the East, Nigeria is nothing.

I can see you do not know the dynamics of the East. We Igbos make up 75% of the entire population of the entire region East of the River Niger. We are found throughout the South-South. Especially in Rivers and Delta State with some communities in Bayelsa.

The Ijaws learned from the Igbo and any person who says that the Igbo have not shown that we have the ability to fight is seriously deluded.

You insult 30+ million Igbos in Nigeria with your assertion.

I'm just being honest, man. That is my feeling. I am very concerned about the Nigerian military (Hausa owned), a bit concerned about the Delta militants, don't give a damn about Boko Haram, and don't give a damn about Biafran militants.

Basically, I don't think you can win a war against me when all of your wealth is in my hands. Hausa man doesn't have his weath in Yorubaland, Igboman does. It really is that simple.

BTW, this is why the Ijaw are so relatively powerful, all of the nations oil wealth can be easily attacked by them.

Again, it is not meant as an insult. I just don't think you guys are a credible threat. I could be wrong, but this is my analysis.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by EzeUche0(m): 7:20am On Nov 12, 2010
DapoBear:

I'm just being honest, man. That is my feeling. I am very concerned about the Nigerian military (Hausa owned), a bit concerned about the Delta militants, don't give a damn about Boko Haram, and don't give a damn about Biafran militants.

Basically, I don't think you can win a war against me when all of your wealth is in my hands. Hausa man doesn't have his weath in Yorubaland, Igboman does. It really is that simple.

BTW, this is why the Ijaw are so relatively powerful, all of the nations oil wealth can be easily attacked by them.

Again, it is not meant as an insult. I just don't think you guys are a credible threat. I could be wrong, but this is my analysis.

The fact in the matter is that there are not any Biafran "militants." All we have is peaceful demonstrators in the form of MASSOB. Igbos haven't turned to violence since Biafra, but that can always change. That is why I stated you better hope that Igbos do not look to violence to solve our problems.

Igbos invest everywhere. We can lose our property in Lagos, we can lose our property in Abuja, as long as we have our jewel Enugu and Port Harcourt, we will be ok. Igbos who invest in another man's land desserves to lose their wealth. It serves them right. My family invested in Igboland and we are doing fine. Business is good, so it will not be any loss to us.

And you do know oil can be found throughout Eastern Nigeria? Crude light flows throughout the East from Rivers State to Imo and Abia State. There is also a presence of oil in Anambra State. The fact in the matter is that oil has not been tapped in Igboland, because we Igbos have seen the exploitation of the Ijaws and other minority groups. The FG wouldn't dare tap into the oil in Igboland.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by DapoBear(m): 7:28am On Nov 12, 2010
EzeUche0:

The fact in the matter is that there are not any Biafran "militants." All we have is peaceful demonstrators in the form of MASSOB. Igbos haven't turned to violence since Biafra, but that can always change. That is why I stated you better hope that Igbos do not look to violence to solve our problems.
Look, from my analysis, all I care about is violence and threats to Yorubaland. if you guys riot or become militants in the Delta or Igboland, I don't really care. I do not think you guys can successfully try violence in Yorubaland. There are simply too many Yoruba people in Lagos. And not only that, what is the amount of time it takes to drive from Ekiti to Lagos, 3-4 hours? So if there is violence, we can quite rapidly increase the number of Yoruba to fight anywhere in Yorubaland. Our forces and wealth are concentrated in a small amount of territory, not widely dispersed. This imo is a huge advantage tactically.

Igbos invest everywhere. We can lose our property in Lagos, we can lose our property in Abuja, as long as we have our jewel Enugu and Port Harcourt, we will be ok. Igbos who invest in another man's land desserves to lose their wealth. It serves them right. My family invested in Igboland and we are doing fine. Business is good, so it will not be any loss to us.
That is not how I think about things. Again, a lot of this stuff is localized force. Property and investments owned by a Yorubaman in Alaska are of no use in helping him fight a hypothetical war in Yorubaland. So it really, truly is a disadvantage to battle when your assets are spread, as in the case of Igbo people.

And you do know oil can be found throughout Eastern Nigeria? Crude light flows throughout the East from Rivers State to Imo and Abia State. There is also a presence of oil in Anambra State. The fact in the matter is that oil has not been tapped in Igboland, because we Igbos have seen the exploitation of the Ijaws and other minority groups. The FG wouldn't dare tap into the oil in Igboland.
That is fine, but I'm not sure how it is relevant to this discussion.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by Onlytruth(m): 7:30am On Nov 12, 2010
DapoBear:

This is fstranger's way of admitting that he was kidding, just FYI.

Lame spin!
Your Yoruba brother admitted to murder and is unapologetic about it. So please spare us the bullc%^P.

Here is the man in his own words:

fstranger:

Only that he is still a coward though. lol!  grin grin grin cheesy grin
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by DapoBear(m): 7:34am On Nov 12, 2010
Onlytruth:

Lame spin!
Your Yoruba brother admitted to murder and is unapologetic about it. So please spare us the bullc%^P.
What lame spin? This is my interpretation. For all I know, he truly did commit murder, and that comment about "psychological" stuff is his way to make people like me think he is retracting his statement and joking. But for sure he isn't going to say, "Sorry guys, I was just kidding."

If you don't buy it, don't buy it, I don't care either way. But I don't think he is moronic enough to admit to murder online, and I believe that he was joking (of course, a very tasteless and poor joke.)

Then again, who really knows? We are all just speculating.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by EzeUche0(m): 7:46am On Nov 12, 2010
DapoBear,

You have a lot to learn about Nigerian politics. Let me tell you something. Learn about the East, before you comment on it. However, I have noticed this amongst your people. Ignorance of others.

We Igbos are so widely traveled throughout Nigeria, we know a lot about other groups. We have Igbos who speak hundreds of different tongues. Lived and was raised amongst those people. Some can even pass for members of that group. It would be beneficial for us since we will understand our enemies.

When the time is right, we will call for our kin and these far flung areas.

If we can compete economically [/b]in hostile areas, I am pretty sure we can compete [b]militarily.

The Igbos economic acumen is known far and wide, it is time to show our military prowess.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by DapoBear(m): 8:04am On Nov 12, 2010
EzeUche0:

DapoBear,

You have a lot to learn about Nigerian politics. Let me tell you something. Learn about the East, before you comment on it. However, I have noticed this amongst your people. Ignorance of others.
You might be right. I don't understand your culture as well as you do. Maybe there is some hidden advantage that will allow you guys to defeat what seem like the harsh realities of logistics.

We Igbos are so widely traveled throughout Nigeria, we know a lot about other groups. We have Igbos who speak hundreds of different tongues. Lived and was raised amongst those people. Some can even pass for members of that group. It would be beneficial for us since we will understand our enemies.

When the time is right, we will call for our kin and these far flung areas.

If we can compete economically [/b]in hostile areas, I am pretty sure we can compete [b]militarily.

The Igbos economic acumen is known far and wide, it is time to show our military prowess.
Perhaps. Maybe sometime in the future we shall see. I still think logistics is a huge part of fighting a war. The simple matter of converting assets (homes, cars, stock, bonds) into weapons is very important, for example. Shipping is important. Agriculture is important (or rather, the ability to rapidly ramp up food production) is important. Distances and time required to get from Point A to Point B is important. Having a decent number of coethnics in the neighboring country and a relatively porous border with that country (Benin Republic) seems like a nice thing to have. Overall, I like how these dynamics work out for my people, and am somewhat skeptical of how they'll play out for yours. But who knows, I could be be wrong. I'm not some sort of military strategist or expert.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 12, 2010
DapoBear:

@fstranger: Just as a word of advice, even if that event really did occur, you generally don't want to mention that sort of thing online. IP addresses are logged on this site and can be use to find you, if necessary (unless you are careful enough to use some sort of web anonymizer.)
Also, I'm assuming you are joking about what you did. Murdering innocent people due to their ethnicity is quite literally genocide, dude. Not really something to joke about.
Well definitely Seun needs to do something about this seemingly deranged fstranger guy. Yes it is not likely he could have carried out the murders in that he talks like a 15 year old and the ife modakeke civil disturbance ended all of 13 years ago when he purports that he was in secondary schoo,l making him now a fully grown man in his late twenties!
However what he has posted is incitement to murder and genoicide and should ensure that he is promptly arrested and charged.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by jason12345: 1:03pm On Nov 12, 2010
tensor777:

Well definitely Seun needs to do something about this seemingly deranged fstranger guy. Yes it is not likely he could have carried out the murders in that he talks like a 15 year old and the ife modakeke civil disturbance ended all of 13 years ago when he purports that he was in secondary schoo,l making him now a fully grown man in his late twenties!
However what he has posted is incitement to murder and genoicide and should ensure that he is promptly arrested and charged.

GBAM!!!

@ Dapobear

igbo communities know how to mobilise themselves in case of any violence in any region of the country but it usually turns out deadly for Both groups.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by fstranger: 1:19pm On Nov 12, 2010
tensor777:

I concur!
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by isalegan2: 6:21pm On Nov 12, 2010
fstranger:

Poster is on a wum.  Not sure he/she is Yoruba either.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Man Patrick Ifeanyi Uba / Governor Okowa Praises His Wife On Their 35th Wedding Anniversary / Soludo Recieves UN Resident Co-ordinator, Marthias Schmale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.