Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,850 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

No Victor No Vanquished - How true? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Victor No Vanquished - How true? (7968 Views)

No Victor No Vanquish / Dollarization Of The APC Primaries: How Amaehi Vanquished Atiku #saibuhari / Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by EzeUche0(m): 9:11pm On Nov 11, 2010
DapoBear:

ANC was able to do that because of an overwhelming black majority, as well as sympathetic neighboring countries. None of your African neighbors really supported you (for obvious reasons). Also, there was no huge majority you can hide in. It isn't as if there were Biafrans also in the North and Southwest populace, they were only in Igbo land.

Finally, in a place like Nigeria, if you try guerrilla warfare, they will just kill everyone in a village/town. Shoot first, ask questions later is the way this country works.

There is already guerrilla warfare occurring in Nigeria. Haven't you heard of MEND and other Niger Deltan militant groups? What do you call these insurgents? The East will forever remain the hotbed of hostility for the Nigerian State. Started by the Ndi Igbo, the mantle has been taken by the Ijaws.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by fstranger: 9:13pm On Nov 11, 2010
EzeUche0:

There is already guerrilla warfare occurring in Nigeria. Haven't you heard of MEND and other Niger Deltan militant groups? What do you call these insurgents? The East will forever remain the hotbed of hostility for the Nigerian State. Started by the Ndi Igbo, the mantle has been taken by the Ijaws.

It is just a matter of time before we deal withyou thoroughly.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 11, 2010
EzeUche0:

Again you need to be careful and not just believe media hype. What do I feel about Mend? They are simply criminal bandits who are using the issues of the Niger Delta to extract criminal gain.
They  ultimately would have to be squarely dealt with by the federal security forces despite the present dangerously misguided appeasement policy.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by EzeUche0(m): 9:22pm On Nov 11, 2010
tensor777:

Again you need to be careful and not just believe media hype. What do I feel about Mend? They are simply criminal bandits who are using the issues of the Niger Delta to extract criminal gain.
They  ultimately would have to be squarely dealt with by the federal security forces despite the present dangerously misguided appeasement policy.

Let me ask you a honest question. Have you ever been to the core Niger Delta areas? Have you interacted with the people who live in the region? If you haven't, I advise you to travel there if you are not scared and then talk to me.

You cannot say that all of the militants are simply "criminal bandits." Some actually believe in the cause. That is why it has been so hard to defeat them.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by DapoBear(m): 9:24pm On Nov 11, 2010
EzeUche0:

Err, they are holding the country hostage because they can strike at oil production. Igbo people cannot do that. If Igbo man causes wahala, who cares? What oil facility is he going to destroy?
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by EzeUche0(m): 9:26pm On Nov 11, 2010
DapoBear:

Err, they are holding the country hostage because they can strike at oil production. Igbo people cannot do that. If Igbo man causes wahala, who cares? What oil facility is he going to destroy?

And the Igbo can't? Do you know how many Igbos reside in the Niger Delta? You better hope the Igbo never get involved, because of our sheer numbers can mean the end of Nigeria as we know.

This also shows your ignorance of the East. You know oil pipelines run throughout Igboland. However, you would not know that, because you were not raised in Nigeria. Do not speak about something you do not know. No one would care if the Yoruba started trouble, because your region offers nothing to Nigeria.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 11, 2010
EzeUche0:

Let me ask you a honest question. Have you ever been to the core Niger Delta areas? Have you interacted with the people who live in the region? If you haven't, I advise you to travel there if you are not scared and then talk to me.

You cannot say that all of the militants are simply "criminal bandits." Some actually believe in the cause. That is why it has been so hard to defeat them.
Yes but what is a man like Okah's main objective of taking up arms. Is it not to make quick money? The same as kidnapper Osisikankwu. undecided
If you say these bandits are concerned about the infrastructure in the Niger Delta why don't they face their governors who are in fact responsible for installing basic physical and social infrastructure in their respective states.
If they are concerned about their environment why do they keep blowing up pipelines and further degrading their area?
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by MShittu: 9:34pm On Nov 11, 2010
I really thing that this South-East issue is a time bomb waiting to explode. The south east receives the least allocation from the FG, has its population counts manipulated and is full of individuals who wish to break off and form Biafra. The FG is real stupid cuz it can't see these issues and so are South Eastern Governors, cuz from what I gather, Igbos are a very united people and push for their development, but some Igbo governors, with theodore orji being the prime example, are extremely selfish and might've been put in power to suppress the Igbo people. I think that if the Biafran war didn't fully quell the Igbo people's ambition, its only going to be a few years before a revolution of sorts goes down in the south east.
That's what I think though,
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by DapoBear(m): 9:34pm On Nov 11, 2010
EzeUche0:

And the Igbo can't? Do you know how many Igbos reside in the Niger Delta? You better hope the Igbo never get involved, because of our sheer numbers can mean the end of Nigeria as we know.

This also shows your ignorance of the East. You know oil pipelines run throughout Igboland. However, you would not know that, because you were not raised in Nigeria. Do not speak about something you do not know. No one would care if the Yoruba started trouble, because your region offers nothing to Nigeria.

Oil pipelines running from the SS to Igboland. If they are attacked, then you just starve your own people of oil.

In which ND city are there lots of Igbo? Like, a plurality that could support a movement like MEND? Warri, and that is pretty much it, right?
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by EzeUche0(m): 9:40pm On Nov 11, 2010
DapoBear:

Oil pipelines running from the SS to Igboland. If they are attacked, then you just starve your own people of oil.

In which ND city are there lots of Igbo? Like, a plurality that could support a movement like MEND? Warri, and that is pretty much it, right?

Your first statement makes no sense.

And have you heard of Port Harcourt (Igwe Ocha). The most important city in the Niger Delta. This city is Igbo dominated and has a high Igbo population. I was actually raised in that town.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by fstranger: 9:41pm On Nov 11, 2010
@MShittu

My brother, Nothing is going to happen. Those imbeciles can't do anything. If they try to start something, I will personally lead a battalion to stop any trouble they may want to start.

It reminds me of secondary school where we used to beat some of the Igbos and during the Ife-Modakeke war, we killed some of them , and then lied to the cops that they were killed by the Modakekes. Up till today, Nothing has happened.

Forget about anything they say, talk is cheap.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 11, 2010
MShittu:

I really thing that this South-East issue is a time bomb waiting to explode. The south east receives the least allocation from the FG, has its population counts manipulated and is full of individuals who wish to break off and form Biafra. The FG is real silly cuz it can't see these issues and so are South Eastern Governors, cuz from what I gather, Igbos are a very united people and push for their development, but some Igbo governors, with theodore orji being the prime example, are extremely selfish and might've been put in power to suppress the Igbo people. I think that if the Biafran war didn't fully quell the Igbo people's ambition, its only going to be a few years before a revolution of sorts goes down in the south east.
On what is this your rantings based. Is it by posts from Nigerian diasporans in Nairaland? However at the end of the day the real issues of the SouthEast are not abstract issues like census or mundane issues like federal allocation but simply basic good governance. In other words they need governors that wouldwork for the overall benefit of their people instead of for the benefit of  notorious political racketeers.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by MShittu: 9:44pm On Nov 11, 2010
fstranger:

@MShittu

My brother, Nothing is going to happen. Those imbeciles can't do anything. If they try to start something, I will personally lead a battalion to stop any trouble they may want to start.

It reminds me of secondary school where we used to beat some of the Igbos and during the Ife-Modakeke war, we killed some of them , and then lied to the cops that they were killed by the Modakekes. Up till today, Nothing has happened.

Igbos aren't imbeciles,
And wasn't killing them cruel? I mean what did they do?
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by chyz1: 9:49pm On Nov 11, 2010
fstranger:

@MShittu

Those must have been Igbo classmates that were fuccking your mama. Reminds me of 8 mile. Must have been real embarrassing.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 11, 2010
fstranger:

It reminds me of secondary school where[b] we used to beat some of the Igbos and during the Ife-Modakeke war, we killed some of them [/b] , and then lied to the cops that they were killed by the Modakekes. Up till today, Nothing has happened.
But what possesed you to commit murder? However you are kidding yourself if you think you won't face the consequences of your actions.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by EzeUche0(m): 9:59pm On Nov 11, 2010
MShittu:

I really thing that this South-East issue is a time bomb waiting to explode. The south east receives the least allocation from the FG, has its population counts manipulated and is full of individuals who wish to break off and form Biafra. The FG is real silly cuz it can't see these issues and so are South Eastern Governors, cuz from what I gather, Igbos are a very united people and push for their development, but some Igbo governors, with theodore orji being the prime example, are extremely selfish and might've been put in power to suppress the Igbo people. I think that if the Biafran war didn't fully quell the Igbo people's ambition, its only going to be a few years before a revolution of sorts goes down in the south east.

You are speaking the truth. May God bless your lineage.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by EzeUche0(m): 10:02pm On Nov 11, 2010
tensor777:

On what is this your rantings based. Is it by posts from Nigerian diasporans in Nairaland? However at the end of the day the real issues of the SouthEast are not abstract issues like census or mundane issues like federal allocation but simply basic good governance. In other words they need governors that wouldwork for the overall benefit of their people instead of for the benefit of  notorious political racketeers.

You do know, that I live in Nigeria? I only stay in the U.S. when school is in session. There are grumblings in the East. Some of our lads have turned to kidnapping, but how long do you think it will take until they start targeting FG officials? The East is a hotbed of militancy. Many Igbos are sympathetic to the plight of the Niger Deltan minorities.

If it wasn't for the face of Edwin Clark belittling the Igbos and some mistrust of the Ijaws by the wider Igbo, we would have joined forces with them already.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by jason12345: 10:03pm On Nov 11, 2010
fstranger:

@MShittu

oh boy, shut up if you don't know what to say!!!

who is the slowpoke? you or them?

you are a disgrace to the yorubas! haba, so if ezeuche has annoyed you it mean you should type rubbish!!!

YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO THE YORUBAS!!!!!!
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by EzeUche0(m): 10:05pm On Nov 11, 2010
Yorubas you better call back you wayward brother fstranger. What do you think is going to happen to this thread once my Igbo brothers come to this page? I tried warning him, but I cannot hold off the hordes of my brothers who will see his post.

You think we are happy to see a Yoruba bragging about Igbos that he supposedly killed?
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by jason12345: 10:09pm On Nov 11, 2010
EzeUche0:

Yorubas you better call back you wayward brother fstranger. What do you think is going to happen to this thread once my Igbo brothers come to this page? I tried warning him, but I cannot hold off the hordes of my brothers who will see his post.

You think we are happy to see a Yoruba bragging about Igbos that he supposedly killed?

HE DID NOT KILL ANYONE!

he is just an slowpoke

btw, what is the warning for?
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 11, 2010
EzeUche0:

You do know, that I live in Nigeria? I only stay in the U.S. when school is in session. There are grumblings in the East. Some of our lads have turned to kidnapping, but how long do you think it will take until they start targeting FG officials? The East is a hotbed of militancy. Many Igbos are sympathetic to the plight of the Niger Deltan minorities.
If it wasn't for the face of Edwin Clark belittling the Igbos and some mistrust of the Ijaws by the wider Igbo, we would have joined forces with them already.
I didn't know that. However you are based in the USA. Staying in Nigeria over the summer hols is not the same as living in Nigeria tear in year out though.
Definitely banditry in the east can be linked to the desire of jobless young men to make quick money and the state of the NPF.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 11, 2010
jason12345:

HE DID NOT KILL ANYONE!

he is just an slowpoke

Well he said so although that is doubtful in that he writes like a teenager whereas the Ife Modakeke conflict was ages ago.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by fstranger: 10:18pm On Nov 11, 2010
tensor777:

Well he said so although that is doubtful in that he writes like a teenager whereas the Ife Modakeke conflict was ages ago.

I was talking about the most recent conflict, that started in 96/97.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by EzeUche0(m): 10:19pm On Nov 11, 2010
tensor777:

I didn't know that. However you are based in the USA. Staying in Nigeria over the summer hols is not the same as living in Nigeria tear in year out though.
Definitely banditry in the east can be linked to the desire of jobless young men to make quick money and the state of the NPF.

I have ears on the ground. My parents and my siblings reside in Nigeria. I think I know my homeland of the East very well. The East is a very combustible situation. It is like a powder keg that can blow at any time. All it needs is a spark. 2011 will be an eventful year. I can assure you of that.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by fstranger: 10:22pm On Nov 11, 2010
Nothing Nothing. Those are mere rants. Come 2011, nothing will happen. If at all anything is going to happen, it is going to be mass burial of your kith and kins. Gbagaun!
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by kettykin: 10:40pm On Nov 11, 2010
From the post and comments of people in this forum , I have analysed and can confirm that yorubas are suffering from an incurable acute ibo complex , I don't know if it inferiority or superiority complex.

If the country blows up, the ibos would be the biggest loosers.
Their 75 % property in abuja will either become abandoned property or will be torched and their shops and goods in lagos will be looted.

If the ibos were not naïve , the recent wide spread importation of arms in the country would have given them cuase for concern.
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by jason12345: 10:50pm On Nov 11, 2010
kettykin:

From the post and comments of people in this forum , I have analysed and can confirm that yorubas are suffering from an incurable acute ibo complex , I don't know if it inferiority or superiority complex.

If the country blows up, the ibos would be the biggest loosers.
Their 75 % property in abuja will either become abandoned property or will be torched and their shops and goods in lagos will be looted.

If the ibos were not naïve , the recent wide spread importation of arms in the country would have given them cuase for concern.
. how? did we not condemn the ONE YORUBA PERSON? HOW DID YOU REACH SUCH A CONCLUSION
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by Onlytruth(m): 11:24pm On Nov 11, 2010
fstranger:

@MShittu

It reminds me of secondary school where we used to beat some of the Igbos and [size=16pt]during the Ife-Modakeke war, we killed some of them (Igbos), and then lied to the cops that they were killed by the Modakekes[/size]. Up till today, Nothing has happened.

I'm laughing. . .
I remember the advice by one nairalander ( I can't recall his name) for Ndigbo to become heavily armed in all their areas of domicile in Nigeria. I wouldn't live in any part of Nigeria outside the East without going by that advice.

Yorubas are cowards, and cowards love to kill unarmed people. It happened before and it will happen again if we don't learn from the past.

Thanks fstranger for helping the world to understand the Yoruba and Nigeria more.  cool
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by 2good(m): 11:39pm On Nov 11, 2010
Guys go to youtube. There are several videos of the Nigerian civil war and the Biafran army was defeated hands down by the federal trop partly because of their better size and they also had support from the British. Infact during the last months of the fighting the British prime minister increased the arm supply to Nigeria by five times and the Biafran army were blocked on all sides from both land and sea and had to get relief through the air.
I'm just saying this for educational purpose so that the people that believed that the igbo surrendered conditionally can know their true history.
A little educational research rather than propaganda will do you a lot of good because you can be confident of what you say in the public
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by Onlytruth(m): 11:49pm On Nov 11, 2010
2good:

Guys go to youtube. There are several videos of the Nigerian civil war and the Biafran army was defeated hands down by the federal trop partly because of their better size and they also had support from the British. Infact during the last months of the fighting the British prime minister increased the arm supply to Nigeria by five times and the Biafran army were blocked on all sides from both land and sea and had to get relief through the air.
I'm just saying this for educational purpose so that the people that believed that the igbo surrendered conditionally can know their true history.
A little educational research rather than propaganda will do you a lot of good because you can be confident of what you say in the public

Most of the Biafran soldiers were just young men and women (much like you would find in the Super Eagles and Super Falcons today). Nevertheless they stood and fought. They were young lions and lionesses.

If they didn't fight for our defense, we would not be here today. That is why we will NEVER FORGET them and their sacrifice.

Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by fstranger: 11:53pm On Nov 11, 2010
Onlytruth:

Most of the Biafran soldiers were just young men and women (much like you would find in the Super Eagles and Super Falcons today). Nevertheless they stood and fought. They were young lions and lionesses.

If they didn't fight for our defense, we would not be here today. That is why we will NEVER FORGET them and their sacrifice.

That soldier looks like a chicken!
Re: No Victor No Vanquished - How true? by Onlytruth(m): 11:56pm On Nov 11, 2010
fstranger:

That soldier looks like a chicken!

Chicken run away. They don't stage ambushes in war. The soldier looked 17 - 20 year old.
Your father in his 60s calling himself a general knelt down and pissed his pants before a mere Hausa Captain.
Big difference. We fight, you talk and run away. COWARD.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Katsina Deputy Speaker Resigns / Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity / The Man Patrick Ifeanyi Uba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.