Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That (49437 Views)

Nigerian Lady Face Swells After 6years Relationship Ended / How A Three Weeks Old Relationship Ended Because Of Magzi Shawarma (photos) / RE: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 04, 2019
Don't waste any tears on him but be thankful. He has cleared the path for someone better to come into your life.

Chin up, girl.

5 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by OLAJADON: 8:08am On Nov 04, 2019
Mcslize:

It's your fault. Most of you ladies like forming champion even when you love a guy, always waiting for the guy to be the one to reach out to you. Common checking on a guy you're in a relationship with, you girls can't reach out to the person you claimed you love. How many times do you reach out to him? How many times do you check on him if he is still alive? Do you know what he has been passing through? Are you aware of his worries? Do you call him to find out how life is treating him?

Relationship is two ways directions. It is reciprocal. Don't always sit on the fence waiting for your man to reach out to you before you reach out to him. Don't always wait for your man to reach out to you before finding out how life is treating him. Majority of you girls don't know how to care for a man. We men want to be shown love too.

The only thing that will make a man to stop talking to you is if you are just there contributing nothing to his life. But you want him to keep chasing you, professing unrealistic love to you while sitting right there folding your hands. No text, no call and you expect the man to waste his time with you. No way.

The only thing that will make someone you've spent 5 years with to stop talking to you is because you as a lady is not playing your role. You are not reaching out to him to check on him as often as you should for someone who truly wants to build a future with a man. He sees that you are just there always wanting him to be the one to do all the communications and building of the relationship. Don't blame the gentle man.

He must have found someone else who is doing all that you are not doing for him. What does it take to communicate with your man and always get involved in his life? It takes nothing - absolutely nothing. But you girls will be feeling like Queens of the coast putting all the work of maintaining a relationship on a man without doing nothing.

Do you truly expect such a man to choose you as a partner? What makes men choose women for wives is how supportive they are to men. Men choose women for life partner based on how supportive they can be to them.

In those days we see supportive fiancées and that makes men take such ladies for wives cuz they are supportive and not parasitics. They give good advice to their men and encourage them to attain higher feats in life. If a man do not see you as the supportive type, he will surely not take you seriously.

Brace yourself up and move on my sister. When you see the next man, learn how to fully get involved in his life. It will make make a man see you as the serious type.
well articulated. you said it all @lolao . this my guy has said enough. this is exactly what is happening to my long distance relationship.

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by LucemFerre: 8:08am On Nov 04, 2019
Rednaxelot:
see this relationship scavenger

Free the guy jor
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by RealityShot: 8:09am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:
My relationship of 5 years ended in the most heartbreaking way.

He got transferred to Asaba from Lagos and months later just stopped talking to me, no communication, no closure, nothing, just like that.
It’s been 5 months now.

This is someone I had planned my whole life around.

Distance does not make the heart go fonder.

I am so hurt, it hurts.
and you never visited him, right?

clearly you dont believe the saying
"ong distance relationship is no relationship"

again, Asaba girls are very fine and know how to get & give me what the want!

sorry eh... Go and visit him.. See if you can still get him back...

its your turn to woo him... Haha!
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by wany(f): 8:09am On Nov 04, 2019
Mcslize:

It's your fault. Most of you ladies like forming champion even when you love a guy, always waiting for the guy to be the one to reach out to you. Common checking on a guy you're in a relationship with, you girls can't reach out to the person you claimed you love. How many times do you reach out to him? How many times do you check on him if he is still alive? Do you know what he has been passing through? Are you aware of his worries? Do you call him to find out how life is treating him?

Relationship is two ways directions. It is reciprocal. Don't always sit on the fence waiting for your man to reach out to you before you reach out to him. Don't always wait for your man to reach out to you before finding out how life is treating him. Majority of you girls don't know how to care for a man. We men want to be shown love too.

The only thing that will make a man to stop talking to you is if you are just there contributing nothing to his life. But you want him to keep chasing you, professing unrealistic love to you while sitting right there folding your hands. No text, no call and you expect the man to waste his time with you. No way.

The only thing that will make someone you've spent 5 years with to stop talking to you is because you as a lady is not playing your role. You are not reaching out to him to check on him as often as you should for someone who truly wants to build a future with a man. He sees that you are just there always wanting him to be the one to do all the communications and building of the relationship. Don't blame the gentle man.

He must have found someone else who is doing all that you are not doing for him. What does it take to communicate with your man and always get involved in his life? It takes nothing - absolutely nothing. But you girls will be feeling like Queens of the coast putting all the work of maintaining a relationship on a man without doing nothing.

Do you truly expect such a man to choose you as a partner? What makes men choose women for wives is how supportive they are to men. Men choose women for life partner based on how supportive they can be to them.

In those days we see supportive fiancées and that makes men take such ladies for wives cuz they are supportive and not parasitics. They give good advice to their men and encourage them to attain higher feats in life. If a man do not see you as the supportive type, he will surely not take you seriously.

Brace yourself up and move on my sister. When you see the next man, learn how to fully get involved in his life. It will make make a man see you as the serious type.

Really sound like a frustrated broke guy ,that lost a girl out of brokeness .
Its well with your soul just double your hustle,then may be the next girl will stay.

4 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Goldencheese(m): 8:10am On Nov 04, 2019
I like this:

Again..some will be ur journey, another ur destination.

fykes:
Well, mine went to Austria for her masters and I must admit, I got tired of the calls and videos and that was it.
Some of us, aren't just made for long distance things.

Again..some will be ur journey, another ur destination.
But u don't get to the destination if u ain't making the journey.
Take d positives... assuming it was a healthy relationship anyway
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by dominique(f): 8:11am On Nov 04, 2019
Mcslize:

It's your fault...

Nonsense and epistles. How do you know it's her fault? Did you live with them for the entire duration of the relationship? How did you know she doesn't call him? How do you know if she was supportive or not? I don't know why you people are quick to heap the fault of a failed relationship or marriage on the woman. Even without knowing what exactly happened, it had to be her fault. Very irritating to say the least

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by cbrass(m): 8:11am On Nov 04, 2019
boiz2men:

Side note..

You look like a yahoo girl oo cheesy

Did you cheat or lied about something in those 5 years?

Chances are he has been resentful towards you if you did.

Was about saying thesame thing
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by IceColdVeins(m): 8:12am On Nov 04, 2019
This was what I did to my ex......She was always thinking she's got the game like she alone was the shiit!!! She ruined my self esteem and abused me verbally, always tryinna making me feel dispensable and replaceable. Damn it was crazy fam, I cant give details! It all changed when I got that job in Lagos. She was still expecting me to chase her a$$ around but life was tough in Lagos then, she didnt give a shit about my welfare, all she wanted was her own mental balance. She broke up as usual, thinking I'd come around making ammends, fvck it!! I upheld the quit like a war flag.... She expected me to come back for about 6 months, then she texted me, tryinna place invalid curses on me.
I came back around town at the end of the year, I tried to see her, damn I could have sworn I almost puked at the sight of the eye-sore that she was.
SEEMED ALL HER CURSES WENT BACK TO HER!!

14 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Airoflaw(m): 8:12am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

He got transferred to Asaba from Lagos and months later just stopped talking to me, no communication, no closure, nothing, just like that.
It’s been 5 months now.

I am so hurt, it hurts.
eyah
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Annie001: 8:15am On Nov 04, 2019
chigoizie7:

You see my dear. There are so many things women do not know about men.

In as much as men want to care for you, do things for you, be there for you. He also desires those things too. 5 years is not 5days.

Most of you women knew when a man is really serious about settling down with you or not, you just live in self denial.

Ask yourself, am I the type of woman I would want my younger brother or my son to bring back home as a wife. If your answer get small coma, then know that you are the cause.

What roles did you play in this guys life?

In marriages , love is never enough.

I will tell you something, I dated a girl, I loved her, she did loved me too or so I taught. I started loosing interests in her because i never tasted her food. I mean the food she cooked. Before you get me wrong, I am the type of guy who doesn’t believe that my clothes are clean enough unless I do the washing myself. That will go a long way to tell you that I do not allow people do things for me. We sleep, wake up, I dress the bed, why? Because I believe that I do it better, so for that reason, I never had problems with her not dressing the bed, I wash my clothes, I can virtually do anything. But I begged her to cook for me, she never wanted to, not because she doesn’t know how to. But because she thinks that she is only my babe and should be pampered. That singular act alone made me loose interest. Some people might say I am petty, but I am not, because till this day she regrets it even though she is married now.

My point is, if you are that girl your guy wouldn’t want to miss talking to any day. You will know, if you are that girl who can be in the same room and on the same bed with your guy and wouldn’t think of sex for days but will always have something to be talking about. Then your guy wouldn’t wait for 5 years to marry you once I he is financially capable.

She is married and you think she still regrets it
If you guys are still together would you have married her by now.
She is married that justifies her happiness
Nice write up though

10 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by OLAJADON: 8:15am On Nov 04, 2019
boiz2men:

Side note..

another good point, there is something lolao probably did, a guy don't just change like that.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by nigeriagospel(m): 8:15am On Nov 04, 2019
franchasng:
He has been tired of you since and was looking for a way to escape and the transfer made things easy for him.

Girls should learn to love like guys. Until you are married officially, sister you are single. stop turning other guys down because of one guy you call boyfriend, whom you don't even know how many other girlfriends he has and maybe planning to marry. If he wants you to be his and his alone, let him go and pay your dowry and marry you officially.

While dating any guy, please give other guys a chance of friendship, if your so called boyfriend complains, tell him to go and pay your dowry or quit if he cannot stay.

If you have side boyfriends, it won't hurt you much when one boyfriend breaks your heart, you will just shift your attention to the next most qualified guy asking you out, that's how guys do.

Ladies grow up!! Threatening a guy for dumping you or quitting relationship with you is stupidity, move on to the next guy asap!
very wrong alot of girls lost their chance with a man that's suppose to wife them playing such games, to the woman she is trying not to put all her eggs in one basket, but if the man finds out its cheating, which will make many thinks she will still cheat with those her boyfriend when married. Its not a one cap fit all thing.

2 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by heniford2: 8:15am On Nov 04, 2019
Hmmm
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

Thank you.

I'm fine health-wise...
Plus, I've not seen him in going to 2 years, we just talk on phone before the disappearance.

Would I take him back if he comes back? No

I'm glad to hear this... keep your head-up and the bad taste will leave and your pallet will be clear for the right man... I think the relationship was lip service for the last 2 years. This experience is loaded hun and you will be a better person for it... Have a fab week ahead. smiley
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by giftedben: 8:18am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

That sometimes he just wants to be left alone, because he is an only child. And I should understand.

He’d get in touch when he’s out of his lone state.

This is someone I’ve known for 5 years, and suddenly he wants to be left alone?

If he’s going through stuff, shouldn’t I know? If there’s a secret he’s hiding, shouldn’t I know?

Too many questions...

Your relationship is finished. Once your partner decides to display that kind of attitude it means he has found another person and probably got that person pregnant. Get over it and move on.

5 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by iLegendd(m): 8:18am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

He did the right thing. Move on.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:18am On Nov 04, 2019
I will only say something when I hear
the guys version.For now move on. In life,shits happens.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Airoflaw(m): 8:19am On Nov 04, 2019
Mcslize:

that was epic

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by fxx2: 8:20am On Nov 04, 2019
Gaspardd:
I am a nice guy and i live in asaba. Can we hook up?
I mean u come across so many nice guys but i am sure u wud just throw them away.

It seems you did not pass your Comprehension Test while in school. Otherwise, you would have comprehended that the writer (lady) is in Lagos while the man is the one in Asaba presently.

Meanwhile, I did not see the post as if she is complaining (to you). She just found herself in a situation where she need to pour out her feeling. I don't think she need someone like you but I believe God will surely heal her and provide the right man for her at the right time.

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by greypencils: 8:21am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

Thank you.

I'm fine health-wise...
Plus, I've not seen him in going to 2 years, we just talk on phone before the disappearance.

Would I take him back if he comes back? No
Red flag. You've not seen him for two years? Are you both in Nigeria? Even if you are not, You claim to be in a relationship with someone you've not seen for two years? really? I am going to cut your man some slack. You both have crazy work schedules that doesn't give you time for each other. That's a disaster waiting to happen. Your man simply got tired of being alone.

6 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:21am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

It’s been 5 months now.

I am so hurt, it hurts.
Because he didn't call u for 5 months u hv concluded already, have you tried calling him.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by fxx2: 8:22am On Nov 04, 2019
theButterfly:
Don't waste any tears on him but be thankful. He has cleared the path for someone better to come into your life.

Chin up, girl.

You have said it all.

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by RealityShot: 8:24am On Nov 04, 2019
Offpoint:
Listen to "Dear Anne" by Lil Wayne or "Something you forgot"

Out of sight, out of mind.

As for your relationship, I don't know how the whole shît started neither am I interested in why it ended... either ways, life continues.

Not every relationship will result to marriage, it's better a broken relationship than a broken marriage.

Life's too short to worry about who wants us and who doesn't....

My motto: "Fùck everybody exempt nobody, life's too short"

We met, we love, we laugh, we #*&*
It wen sour, we cry, we miss, we move on.
life's too short
life is VERY LONG O!

just stay in one place and watch the time like prisoners..you will learn how long 1 wk is and then 1 year and then 20years!

5 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by midnighter(f): 8:25am On Nov 04, 2019
Sorry dear.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by OLAJADON: 8:25am On Nov 04, 2019
Annie001:

She is married and you think she still regrets it
If you guys are still together would you have married her by now.
She is married that justifies her happiness
Nice write up though
sometimes women don't marry for love, I know of some women who didn't marry the guy they truly love they just settle with someone available.

7 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by adedayourt(m): 8:28am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

It’s been 5 months now.

I am so hurt, it hurts.

So what do you want nairaland to do about this information?
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by alizma: 8:29am On Nov 04, 2019
Rednaxelot:
see this relationship scavenger
He didn't even understand the necessary details. The girl is actually in lagos
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by KaptainAfrika: 8:31am On Nov 04, 2019
QUICKLY GO AND APPLY FOR YOUR PENSION, ITS YOUR RIGHT.

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by LolaO(f): 8:31am On Nov 04, 2019
boiz2men:

Side note..

Lol...Thank you for making me laugh

8 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Originalsly: 8:32am On Nov 04, 2019
Hmmm....5 years... you had plans to marry him.... did he had plans to marry you? Whether you did or not..... has your guy ever accused you of cheating? If yes... then from that day his trust has gone .... and when trust goes so does love. It may be for other reasons.... but as I see it... the relationship was long over as far as he was concerned. He only remained to keep up appearances to keep peace in both his and your families. Who knows... maybe he saw relocating as his way out of the relationship and to avoid face to face interrogations from both families. But then again.... it may very well be he found someone else... very sexciting and of wife material... a heart snatcher... and more likely...he is living with her The DO NOT DISTURB sign is up.

3 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nobleking2000(m): 8:34am On Nov 04, 2019
Mcslize:

What you said was really 100% correct most of them dont care to know how the person they call their boyfriend is doing all they want is the attention you give and the chase. My own girlfriend can stay for long without giving you even a missed call when you call her she will complain you dont care about her. But i have gone for nearly two months without calling her and.she has never cared to call me to check on me. Deep down me i have ended the relationship and move on so she can continue with her life.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Infinix Rewards Man Who Kissed His Wife On Social Media With N300k For Valentine / I'm Afraid Of My Girlfriend / Evangelist And Medical Doctor Get Married After 10 Years Of Dating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.