Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,230 members, 7,829,401 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That (49439 Views)

Nigerian Lady Face Swells After 6years Relationship Ended / How A Three Weeks Old Relationship Ended Because Of Magzi Shawarma (photos) / RE: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Yinibixema: 8:34am On Nov 04, 2019
wany:

Really sound like a frustrated broke guy ,that lost a girl out of brokeness .
Its well with your soul just double your hustle,then may be the next girl will stay.
He’s right. Receive sense

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by lanibi(f): 8:37am On Nov 04, 2019
pocohantas:

How did you even date for 5 yrs?

When a grown man is ready, he is ready. If he delays for 5yrs- sis, nigga is weighing his options.
You're smart sis. I love you
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by CsRockefeller(m): 8:37am On Nov 04, 2019
TwentyOnePilots:

@ Relationship Scavenger!!! grin grin grin

You a fan of 21 pilots?

2 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Blaze232(m): 8:37am On Nov 04, 2019
Sorry dear. Not all sweet relationship ends up together. Pick up your self and move on

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by yahaya2014(m): 8:38am On Nov 04, 2019
Call me: 08064213970
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Passionate888: 8:39am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

You’re right.
I would like to hear his own version too, to know where I bleeped up.

However, in the mean time, my version is all I have.
Did you try to communicate with him?
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Davesaves(m): 8:41am On Nov 04, 2019
franchasng:
Ladies listen to this guy.

One thing guys consider when choosing a partner is: how supportive you have been to him and his life journey.

If he is a criminal, do you support him becoming the best criminal

If he is a public fund looter like Tinubu and Buhari, do you support him to loot public funds completely without any trace like Buhari

Being supportive to your man will make him consider you top among other ladies he maybe seeing or eyeing.

On matter how rich he is, he still needs your support.

And if he is still coming up financially, he will be considering how supportive you can be to him financially.

Gone are the days guys choose a wife based on physical beauty alone, your big bombom like my own is no longer enough quality to get you a deserving husband today.

Me I get big bombom and plenty other qualities, so you see wink kiss
post a picture from ur waist down.. I want to check something
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by CHoccolaTE: 8:41am On Nov 04, 2019
@ lolaO

Please ignore the insensitive comments by guys on the first few pages, nobody should blame you for what your boyfriend did.

The truth is that males on nairaland far outnumber females and men generally have this habit of supporting each other against women even when they are wrong. That's because many of them are sociopaths. So you see senseless comments on this thread blaming you for your ex bad behaviour and senseless likes accompanying the comments.

Your ex boyfriend was wrong for cutting you off like that especially since parents were involved in the relationship, and he was very rude to promise to call your dad and then fail to do so, he sounds like an immature person that runs away from confrontations and hard situations instead of dealing with them head on. You should probably be glad he such an immature person is no longer dating you. Can you imagine if you were already married and he had to travel abroad for some reason like work then he just ghosts you and your kids the way he is doing now? Wouldn't that be worse than this present situation?

No matter the reason my dear, he should have had the balls to call you and let you know why he is ending a half decade relationship after wasting your youth and your time. He is just an insensitive coward and you should move on from him fast. The men blaming you on this thread and offering idiotic advice would insult any woman that dumps her ex after five years without asking her side of the story so don't take the biased male opinions here seriously.

Even if you did things you think were wrong, a sensible mature adult ought to have called you and let you know what happened instead of just running away like your heartless ex.

Please move on very quickly from that guy, I pray you find another man far better than him in every everyway soon enough. Stop wasting your tears and feeling bad for what your ex did to hurt you.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by micflo28(m): 8:41am On Nov 04, 2019
Transferred is he in the Armed forces or paramilitary. He can work his posting back to your place of residence. Notwithstanding, call him to know why he has failed to reach out to you. Could be he lost his phone and misplaced your number or is still busy settling down to his new place of posting. By the way, I love the un biasness of people here to hear from both sides before concluding
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Davesaves(m): 8:43am On Nov 04, 2019
wany:

Really sound like a frustrated broke guy ,that lost a girl out of brokeness .
Its well with your soul just double your hustle,then may be the next girl will stay.
coming from a suppost feminist who still depend on a guy financially..
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by suremossty(m): 8:44am On Nov 04, 2019
Gaspardd:
I am a nice guy and i live in asaba. Can we hook up?
I mean u come across so many nice guys but i am sure u wud just throw them away.
ole my guy want bleep free rebound puna... Lol
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Samuels90: 8:45am On Nov 04, 2019
How bout you try to convince him to come over, take a trip down there. If he is not responding, just let go.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Minjim: 8:45am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:
My relationship of 5 years ended in the most heartbreaking way.

He got transferred to Asaba from Lagos and months later just stopped talking to me, no communication, no closure, nothing, just like that.
It’s been 5 months now.

This is someone I had planned my whole life around.

Distance does not make the heart go fonder.

I am so hurt, it hurts.

That dude had been looking for opportunities to discharge you.

Cry a little and move on.

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Skyfornia(m): 8:46am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

He got transferred to Asaba from Lagos and months later just stopped talking to me, no communication, no closure, nothing, just like that.
It’s been 5 months now.

I am so hurt, it hurts.

Asaba girls don kolobi him... I'll help you out
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by kevotek1000(m): 8:50am On Nov 04, 2019
I can't judge from one side... There's always a two side to a story.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Barondval: 8:51am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

It’s been 5 months now.

Wait..did u say 5years?mehn,datz way too much..my dear,I'm married 4 4years nw!he wasn't planning to hv future with u while u were busy building castle on air!i dated my man 4 4 months,had our courtship just for 3 months n then tied d knot!we r still dating even as we re married with 2 kids (boys)...my dear,u no plan ursef well,sorry!

I am so hurt, it hurts.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by LolaO(f): 8:53am On Nov 04, 2019
Originalsly:
Hmmm....5 years... you had plans to marry him.... did he had plans to marry you? Whether you did or not..... has your guy ever accused you of cheating? If yes... then from that day his trust has gone .... and when trust goes so does love. It may be for other reasons.... but as I see it... the relationship was long over as far as he was concerned. He only remained to keep up appearances to keep peace in both his and your families. Who knows... maybe he saw relocating as his way out of the relationship and to avoid face to face interrogations from both families. But then again.... it may very well be he found someone else... very sexciting and of wife material... a heart snatcher... and more likely...he is living with her The DO NOT DISTURB sign is up.

I never cheated.

3 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Beat123(f): 8:55am On Nov 04, 2019
He wasn’t really in love with you. Sorry
LolaO:

It’s been 5 months now.

I am so hurt, it hurts.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Offpoint: 8:55am On Nov 04, 2019
RealityShot:
life is VERY LONG O!

just stay in one place and watch the time like prisoners..you will learn how long 1 wk is and then 1 year and then 20years!
You might get hit by a bus when going to sort for your breakfast....

Brotherly, life's too short. You can die of heart attack while watching that clock ticking.

2 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by LolaO(f): 8:55am On Nov 04, 2019
CHoccolaTE:
@ lolaO

Please ignore the insensitive comments by guys on the first day we pages, nobody should blame you for what your boyfriend did.

The truth is that males on nairaland far outnumber females and men generally have this habit of supporting each other against women even when they are wrong. That's because many of them are sociopaths. So you see senseless comments on this thread blaming you for your ex bad behaviour and senseless likes accompanying the comments.

Your ex boyfriend was wrong for cutting you off like that especially since parents were involved in the relationship, and he was very rude to promise to call your dad and then fail to do so, he sounds like an immature person that runs away from confrontations and hard situations instead of dealing with them head on. You should probably be glad he such an immature person is no longer dating you. Can you imagine if you were already married and he had to travel abroad for some reason like work then he just ghosts you and your kids the way he is doing now? Wouldn't that be worse than this present situation?

No matter the reason my dear, he should have had the balls to call you and let you know why he is ending a half decade relationship after wasting your youth and your time. He is just an insensitive coward and you should move on from him fast. The men blaming you on this thread and offering idiotic advice would insult any woman that dumps her ex after five years without asking her side of the story so don't take the biased male opinions here seriously.

Even if you did things you think were wrong, a sensible mature adult ought to have called you and let you know what happened instead of just running away like your heartless ex.

Please move on very quickly from that guy, I pray you find another man far better than him in every everyway soon enough. Stop wasting your tears and feeling bad for what your ex did to hurt you.

Thank you for this @CHoccolaTE.
My mum said the exact same thing highlighted above.
You just summarized most of the issues we've been having without me having to. I didn't say much about what had been going on prior to this total cut-off, but you understood perfectly.

I already decided to move on.

11 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by PeacenLove2: 8:56am On Nov 04, 2019
CHoccolaTE:
@ lolaO

Please ignore the insensitive comments by guys on the first day we pages, nobody should blame you for what your boyfriend did.

Word.

7 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by chinchonglee(m): 9:00am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

It’s been 5 months now.

I am so hurt, it hurts.
Re u sure he is alive?

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by ESE234(m): 9:01am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

It’s been 5 months now.

I am so hurt, it hurts.

I'm so sorry about what happened.

Most of us here might not really understand what she's going through.

Although, I feel there's still more we need to know, we can't judge the man just like that.

But, I feel for both of you to come this far, then, it was something special.

Just try and keep an open mind.

What will be, will be.

You don't have to force it or push it.

When he eventually picks your call, just make him understand you needed to know where you went wrong and all.

But, if he still insists he isn't interested in the relationship, then, let him go so as to avoid "pity pity" relationship.

You'll be fine.

The most important thing is to try and be happy to avoid depression, because if not handled properly, it could lead to one.

5 years is really long, and if this is the first time this is happening, then, he might be going through some stuffs he feels should be handled by him, and him alone.

Or on the other hand, he's having a rethink.

Just be calm, try as much as possible not to lose concentration on whatever you've in your hands currently, like a job or something.

It is well.

You'll be fine.

Do have a great day.

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Passionate888: 9:02am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

I have called countless times, sent messages on Whatsapp, no response, no replies.

My dad called, he picked, told him he’d call back, but never did.

He is not ill, neither is he dead, I know this because his mum still talks to me, and at this point I’m cutting her off.

I wish I knew what the problem is or what I did wrong, he is not a bad person, loved me while he was in Lagos, his family adores me, and mine adores him as well.

I wish I knew what I did wrong, but it is what it is.

I just saw this.. What was your relationship like when he first relocated to Asaba? Where you guys having any minor issues when he was in the same state with you?
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by SendAbroad: 9:04am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

I have called countless times, sent messages on Whatsapp, no response, no replies.

He is not ill, neither is he dead, I know this because his mum still talks to me, and at this point I’m cutting her off.

I wish I knew what the problem is or what I did wrong, he is not a bad person, loved me while he was in Lagos, his family adores me, and mine adores him as well.

If his mum talks to you, then go and meet his mum, explain what you have written above and plead with the mum to call him in your presence and sort it out once and for all so you can move forward without looking back.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Wiifesnatcher(m): 9:05am On Nov 04, 2019
why would he treat you like that, there are many guy like us hoping for a stable lady and someone is here abusing it

if you're still single then let me have my shot

2 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Teerach: 9:07am On Nov 04, 2019
Yen yen yen.... People saying the gal is at fault. I laugh... I've been there. Not five years though. But almost a year..... People saying she should be calling n caring instead of leaving everything to a guy. Y'all know that ladies call more than guys in relationship. So y do u think she's not calling. She obviously cares bout him too for her to even bring it online.
Bae, my advice is move on. There are millions of good men out there. Better than ur ex. Don't allow anyone or the internet tell u it's not possible to get a better person. It's all within. He's probably left u for a liability, let him go. Forgive him from within cos that's the only way u forgive yourself. Release him (if u understand LOA). Better days ahead. I wish u the very best life has to offer.

6 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by RealityShot: 9:07am On Nov 04, 2019
Offpoint:

You might get hit by a bus when going to sort for your breakfast....

Brotherly, life's too short. You can die of heart attack while watching that clock ticking.
and how long has it been since you were born?

not long?

even if you are 7yrs...its been a long life.

you may say, "the future is uncertain" but not "life is too short".
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by mechanics(m): 9:08am On Nov 04, 2019
So sorry, maybe it's the will of God for you not to be with him.

2 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 04, 2019
Mcslize:

It's your fault. Most of you ladies like forming champion even when you love a guy, always waiting for the guy to be the one to reach out to you. Common checking on a guy you're in a relationship with, you girls can't reach out to the person you claimed you love. How many times do you reach out to him? How many times do you check on him if he is still alive? Do you know what he has been passing through? Are you aware of his worries? Do you call him to find out how life is treating him?

Relationship is two ways directions. It is reciprocal. Don't always sit on the fence waiting for your man to reach out to you before you reach out to him. Don't always wait for your man to reach out to you before finding out how life is treating him. Majority of you girls don't know how to care for a man. We men want to be shown love too.

The only thing that will make a man to stop talking to you is if you are just there contributing nothing to his life. But you want him to keep chasing you, professing unrealistic love to you while sitting right there folding your hands. No text, no call and you expect the man to waste his time with you. No way.

The only thing that will make someone you've spent 5 years with to stop talking to you is because you as a lady is not playing your role. You are not reaching out to him to check on him as often as you should for someone who truly wants to build a future with a man. He sees that you are just there always wanting him to be the one to do all the communications and building of the relationship. Don't blame the gentle man.

He must have found someone else who is doing all that you are not doing for him. What does it take to communicate with your man and always get involved in his life? It takes nothing - absolutely nothing. But you girls will be feeling like Queens of the coast putting all the work of maintaining a relationship on a man without doing nothing.

Do you truly expect such a man to choose you as a partner? What makes men choose women for wives is how supportive they are to men. Men choose women for life partner based on how supportive they can be to them.

In those days we see supportive fiancées and that makes men take such ladies for wives cuz they are supportive and not parasitics. They give good advice to their men and encourage them to attain higher feats in life. If a man do not see you as the supportive type, he will surely not take you seriously.

Brace yourself up and move on my sister. When you see the next man, learn how to fully get involved in his life. It will make make a man see you as the serious type.

This is lovely
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by buoye1(m): 9:10am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

so after reading this,all i have to say is for you to move on!i know it is easier said than done but you've tried your best and obviously he isn't for you may God bring you your own man,

3 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by dnawah(m): 9:10am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

It’s been 5 months now.

I am so hurt, it hurts.
he is yours,pray for God 4 yours.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Infinix Rewards Man Who Kissed His Wife On Social Media With N300k For Valentine / I'm Afraid Of My Girlfriend / Evangelist And Medical Doctor Get Married After 10 Years Of Dating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.