Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,149 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili (20972 Views)

The Senate Without Dora Akunyili / Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter / Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Kx: 1:39pm On Nov 16, 2010
[size=14pt]Is Dora not the abbreviation of Dorherty?[/size]
why dont she bear her full name,not abbrv b4 asking 9jarians to stop saying naija?
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by na2day1: 1:42pm On Nov 16, 2010
lets leave her alone, she's to be pitied, was wondering how her end will be?
An overambitious, serpentine opportunist! when Adedibu was complaining about, u all were shouting in her favour,
now the smoke had been blown away to reveal the caricature!
Imagine her temerity saying NAIJA shouldnt be used!
angry  angry  angry
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Beaf: 1:46pm On Nov 16, 2010
[size=33pt]9ja![/size]
[size=33pt]Naija![/size]
[size=33pt]9ja![/size]
[size=33pt]Naija![/size]
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Ezequeen: 1:59pm On Nov 16, 2010
she isn't serious cos if she wants to travel to the US or UK, she'll be proud to say am going to the
US or UK. So, y not be proud and pet Nigeria with naija
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by osifred(m): 2:06pm On Nov 16, 2010
[b][/b]the madam made a strong point if u read inbetween d line
she is saying it is nt appopriate to use naija instead of nigeria for official context
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by thosedays: 2:07pm On Nov 16, 2010
[.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by KnowAll(m): 2:10pm On Nov 16, 2010
[size=20pt]Welcome to Naija Republeek !!!![/size] cool cool cool
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by kildran: 2:13pm On Nov 16, 2010
@Topic
Not is support aor against the idea, but I remember Reuben Abati (Whose insight on issues is revered in Nigeria) made a similar statement some months back. I am of the opinion that the people making this allusions should school us better as to why they have this opinion. Not in support of it!
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by MaiSuya(m): 2:15pm On Nov 16, 2010
Oh Dora. . .what really happening to her? cry
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by paulmamud(m): 2:16pm On Nov 16, 2010
it all comes down to this, NAIJA NO DEY CARRY LAST!!!!! nufff said
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by lordvamon(m): 2:27pm On Nov 16, 2010
nobody can stop the use of the word :-NAIJA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kiss tongue
not even mr and mrs minister
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by oriname(m): 2:27pm On Nov 16, 2010
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]I GUESS DORA IS HAPPY THAT SHE IS TRENDING ON NAIRALAND. PUB STUNT LOL[/size][/size][/size][/size]
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by jerahd: 2:32pm On Nov 16, 2010
KUDOS TO MADAM MINISTER,
NAIJA AT 50 and the first thing you want to work on is a slang!!!
a well deserving KUDOS KUDOS KUDOS
am sure madam minister wont regret that statement after she goes through all this comment
NAIJA TILL I DIE cool cool cool

Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by KnowAll(m): 2:32pm On Nov 16, 2010
Not is support aor against the idea, but I remember Reuben Abati (Whose insight on issues is revered in Nigeria) made a similar statement some months back. I am of the opinion that the people making this allusions should school us better as to why they have this opinion. Not in support of it!

[size=14pt]The Diasporas has no other home other than Naija, it encompasses every single town in Nigeria, it also covers the six geo-political zones, you don't have to tell someone abroad that I am going to Enugu or Lagos, Naija is enough, Sadly it also covers an utopian land devoid of the calamity on the ground, an idea held in high esteem. Someone living in Nigeria cannot grasp the erroneous howler masseurs Akunyuli has commited, you need to be in our shoes to grasped the magnanimity of these proclamation.

In effect she is making the Diasporas stateless, by passing this fiat , stripping 20 million Nigerians of their citizenship.[/size]
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by jaybee3(m): 2:33pm On Nov 16, 2010
^^^^
Why must you use large fonts?
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by SSaemoenl(m): 3:10pm On Nov 16, 2010
embarassed Dora of when to inform us not to use that word, NAIJA, Abag pass jor, What happened to ur all ministries to have website and good people bad government projects. Go and sleep jor tongue
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by olaolabiy: 3:12pm On Nov 16, 2010
It seems membership of the Federal Excutive Council is the sure-fire way to gett indoctrinated into the ranks of the S.TUPID.

Dora, wetin dey happen? E be like sey u better pass dis before.

Myriad of problems dey, na Naija dey worry una. O ga oo.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Kilode1: 3:13pm On Nov 16, 2010
There are too many ways to describe the stupi.dity of this pronouncement, don't know where to start from.

SMH at Dora, she's getting senile at such a young age.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by DapoBear(m): 3:16pm On Nov 16, 2010
Kilode?!:

SMH at Dora, she's getting senile at such a young age.

Lol, this had me rollin
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 16, 2010
bloody criminals on this thread - i am reporting ll of you to efcc, nigerian police , sss, civil defence corps, ndlea and every law enforcement body in this great nation of ours. what devious effontery

how dare you tarnish the name of this nation by reducing it to meaningless slang.

we shall sue all of you and send each and everyone of you warning letters

useless malcontents, reversing all the fine work dora achieved with district 9 and sony.

perhaps you don't realize that the reason why nigeria is not respected in the comity of nations is because so many of us refer to it as naija

i hope fashola takes a leaf from doras book - anyone referring to lagos as las gidi - deport them with immediate effect!!!

next we will take on those maulers of the english language - anyone using the word swagga shall be arrested

it's a  new day. zero tolerance to abuse of the word nigeria in particular and the english language in general
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Pk001(m): 3:23pm On Nov 16, 2010
She lost it on this one!

The word Naija speaks good about Nigeria not evil.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by OffDat: 3:26pm On Nov 16, 2010
Please! Please! am i missing something here. I mean i love the word "NAIJA". To me and a whole lots of other good law abiding loving "NAIJARIAN" it means our place, our domain, our root and everything associated to our country.  New Zealand is refered to as "Kiwi", Australia "Aussie" even Enugu State is called "Coal City". So whats wrong with NAIJA. Its not like it has this degrading history associated with it, or is she mistaking it with the real N word.
Mrs Prof of Information or whatever you call yourself, your rebranding of NAIJA is a fluke. You  need to start your rebranding from the President to theLocal councillors past and present who have failed utterlly in doing anything positive for NAIJA. Stop wasting your time on trivial and irrelevant matters like the great word "NAIJA" and focus on the real problem of the country. "NAIJA FOR LIFE" NAIJA FOR LIFE"
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by KnowAll(m): 3:30pm On Nov 16, 2010
Senator Kanti Bello and Turai would be happy that Dora is having some gruelling in NL, from hero to zero.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by SmashingM(f): 3:31pm On Nov 16, 2010
Let madam go and hug transformer, NAIJA FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by oriname(m): 3:36pm On Nov 16, 2010
in reply to oyb. i guess u r lost. what do new yorkers call dem selves? yankees. calling nigeria naija doest make politicians to steal money and stash them abroad. how come u r just *****. u cant make fashola to stop us from callin lagos lasgidi. if u want cheap pub u can do dt anyway. naija for life. stop calling web bloggers criminals. go kiss transformer if u cant find better things to do. rubbish
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Slyr0x: 3:39pm On Nov 16, 2010
SmashingM:

[size=16pt]Let madam go and hug transformer, NAIJA FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

+1.

[size=16pt]RUBBISH.! Yeye Woman don chop belleful, na to dey shook eyes inside irrelevancies remain.

NAIJA FOR LIFE JOR.!
[/size]
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by MaiSuya(m): 3:48pm On Nov 16, 2010
Ok ok enuf children!!! angry angry angry Mama Dora has spoken, so obey simple instruction and stop behaving like spoiled brats. hmm?

[size=15pt]No more NAIJA! [/size]
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Bishopking: 4:10pm On Nov 16, 2010
KnowAll:

The Diasporas has no other home other than Naija, it encompasses every single town in Nigeria, it also covers the six geo-political zones, you don't have to tell someone abroad that
I am going to Enugu or Lagos
. Naija is enough, Sadly it also covers an utopian land devoid of the calamity on the ground, an idea held in high esteem. Someone living in Nigeria cannot grasp the erroneous howler masseurs Akunyuli has commited, you need to be in our shoes to grasped the magnanimity of these proclamation.

In effect she is making the Diasporas stateless, by passing this fiat , stripping 20 million Nigerians of their citizenship.[/size]

@ knowall, [b]please pay attention to your sentences:
The diaspora? I would say 'The Diaspora Nigerian (or Naija)
Every single town? I would say every town
masseurs?  check the definition please!
To grasped? To grasp is the correct one!
'Magnanimity of these proclamation'? Do you mean to say the 'magnitude of these proclamation'?
[/b]
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Abayomin70(m): 4:41pm On Nov 16, 2010
she is rreally seriously mad my school are on strike she no talk dat one na useless tin she dey talk go go punish all her family and gbenga daniel family dey will neva hav peace but will have plenty money
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Kilode1: 4:44pm On Nov 16, 2010
oriname:

in reply to oyb. i guess u r lost. what do new yorkers call dem selves? yankees. calling nigeria naija doest make politicians to steal money and stash them abroad. how come u r just *****. u cant make fashola to stop us from callin lagos lasgidi. if u want cheap pub u can do dt anyway. naija for life. stop calling web bloggers criminals. go kiss transformer if u cant find better things to do. rubbish

ever heard of , erm SARCASM?
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Obiagu1(m): 4:47pm On Nov 16, 2010
Nigeria has 3 syllables whereas Naija has 2, so Naija is easier to use among Nigerians when referring to our country.
I don't see anything wrong with Naija.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by MurphyG1(m): 4:54pm On Nov 16, 2010
NAIJA

What is wrong with this woman sef? I dont think she has anywork to do. She must be crazy or something.
NAIJA! NAIJA!! NAIJA!!! NAIJA!!!! NAIJA!!!!!
What the hell is wrong with NAIJA. Infact I prefer NAIJA to Nigeria (the thing hard to pronounce ma sef).
Very soon this Dora Akunsilly will stop us from speaking pidgin English in the name of rebranding.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari / Ebonyi's 30,000 Capacity International Stadium Nears Completion / I Want To Go To London… To See Buhari — Reuben Abati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.