Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,115 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili (20970 Views)

The Senate Without Dora Akunyili / Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter / Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by lilEazy: 10:40pm On Nov 16, 2010
she was high, maybe on sm cush,
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by chiegemba(f): 10:44pm On Nov 16, 2010
hahahahahahahahahaha!!!! omg!!! "9ja/Naija" person no go die grin grin grin
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by sunboy(m): 10:48pm On Nov 16, 2010
She's only publishing her self interest, just like posting on FB status.
Now, Nigerian Police go start dey make money with Naija , lol i trust then.
Waste of time and resources,
God Bless Las gidi, God Bless Naija!!!
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by xandy84: 10:56pm On Nov 16, 2010
THIS WOMAN IS SO STUPID AND FOOLISH, THOUSAND OF GRADUATE IS OUT THERE WITHOUT NO JOB AND THE ONLY THING SHE HAS INTEREST IN IS NAIJA, AM SICK OF THIS COUNTRY FOR GOOD AND AM GOING TO GHANA FOR GOOD
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by TayoD1(m): 10:56pm On Nov 16, 2010
#topic,

Naija is an affectionate term for Nigeria used by people who love the country.  I wonder, will the honorable Minister take exception to it if her husband calls her sweety, or honey? Afterall, the name her Papa named her is Dora (the Explorer)?  grin
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by ragdollz: 10:57pm On Nov 16, 2010
Nothing for her to say again, yeye. Naija as a label is the least of our worries right now. Other African countries wish they had such a funky alias. Anyway me too I'm thinking of naturalising to a more favourable climate as others are threatening to do.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by superstar1(m): 11:00pm On Nov 16, 2010
Is the name NAIJA not bringing more patriotism to the country that the name nigeria and the youths are identifying more with the true nigerian spirit and imbibing the ideologies of patriotism and dedication. the woman should not rubbish her good works by dealing in petty issues when there are more 1million and 1 state issues to be attended to. she should also realise that she is not a commissioner of information in one obscured state and she can lean on the back of her chair and be giving myopic opinion on issues she has not done research on, I beg jare, NAIJA FOR LIFE and NAIJA TILL I KPAI,

Next tym she go tolk say mo we no dey speak pidgin again, lol
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Amhatu(m): 11:00pm On Nov 16, 2010
If anyone is intrested read what this Nigerian Professional,Obi Asika, says about the Naija concept in Allure.

( http://www.vanguardngr.com/allure/2010/november/14112010/pageflip.html )
http://www.vanguardngr.com/allure/2010/november/14112010/pageflip.html
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by morpheus24: 11:21pm On Nov 16, 2010
These so called politicians need to register for continued education on how to run a government because the old farts are really clueless!!!

I BE NAIJA FOR LIFE,
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Seaen(m): 11:25pm On Nov 16, 2010
NAIJA 4 LIFE. We too much. Luv. cheesy
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by lilEazy: 11:35pm On Nov 16, 2010
@xandy 84, i skul here in ghana, aint no better,
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by freakyd5: 11:39pm On Nov 16, 2010
We will vote for only candidates that use the word "NAIJA!"

Dora can go and hang herself for all we care, hissssss,

Our leaders should be ashamed of even opening their smelling mouths in this decadence! hissss! useless Dora! useless PDP! useless GEJ!

my vote will definitely not be for u charlatans! hisssss again!
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 17, 2010
Dora akuntuli obviously has no agenda what has Naija got to do with anything, i guess thats the new tactic go around tackling trivial matters.NAIJA for Life Naija to Death u don't like it, Go hug transformer
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by trekkie: 12:03am On Nov 17, 2010
i wish i had something to add but i think everyone has expressed everything i wanted to say.
but you guys bad o!. i have been laughing so hard my sides hurt, grin grin grin grin grin grin

@ edoyad long time. still writing any stories?
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by esuaitken: 12:49am On Nov 17, 2010
After these riffraffs have stolen the country blind they think that Naija's problems lie in what it's being called? What cheek? What is offensive is the funds being siphoned away by the ruling kleptocracy in broad daylight. Give us a break Puuhleez !!!!!

We have Nigerian legislators fighting during sessions at the House of Representatives Chamber and she has the gall to try and define what can be deemed 'offensive'? The governance of Naija as a whole is offensive.

Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Pafuri(m): 12:58am On Nov 17, 2010
"I want them to go back and remove that word". Arrogant stupidity. angry angry angry angry angry angry Where does she think she is, in her kitchen? We THE PEOPLE will determine how and what we want to be called. As a matter of fact, lets adopt NAIJA as Nigeria's new name. Afterall, she, and her thieving colleagues (alive and dead) have caused irreparable damage to NIGERIA.

NAIJA FOREVER. You don't like it, resign or drop dead!
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by sholar70(m): 1:30am On Nov 17, 2010
This woman should just stop ranting and go back to Mr. Akunyili's kitchen if she can't find something else reasonable to do, Idiot, 9ja/NAIJA I remain till death,
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by olaadegoke(m): 1:35am On Nov 17, 2010
Dis[/b]honorable minister of [b]mis[/b]information Dora Akunyili  i beg mke we hear word, [b]NIA[b]JA[/b] na my Country, Lagigi be the city while Lere be the town. cool
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Elprinz(m): 2:01am On Nov 17, 2010
we dey pledge to Naija we country
To dey faithful loyal and honest
To dey serve Naija with all we strength
we go carry her Honour and Glory go up
abeg baba God helep us

NAIJA 4 eva
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by mrofficial(m): 2:22am On Nov 17, 2010
^^^^ cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nice one! grin grin grin
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by agabaI23(m): 2:32am On Nov 17, 2010
El prinz:

we dey pledge to Naija we country
To dey faithful loyal and honest
To dey serve Naija with all we strength
we go carry her Honour and Glory go up
abeg baba God helep us

NAIJA 4 eva

E be like say you wan make naija break? You no wan defend her unity?
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Nobody: 3:49am On Nov 17, 2010
I used to hav some respect 4 nairalanders until nw. People like it or not NIGERIA is d name not 9ja or whatever. For pete's sake i wud rather bear a name frm some british woman dan some arab piece of shit. Etisalat has a lot to do wit dis useless name. Nigeria is our effin identity. Rhodesia to ZIMBABWE
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by adconline(m): 4:17am On Nov 17, 2010
This Woman doesnt have better things to do? Naija politicians always choose the silliest thing to do.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by kaykaodili: 4:23am On Nov 17, 2010
this thing we she talk the vex me bad bad grin grin grin 100% NAIJA smiley smiley smiley
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Meristem: 4:30am On Nov 17, 2010
Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija
Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija Naija FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grin grin
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Meristem: 4:38am On Nov 17, 2010
This woman lost our respect when she said she was REBRANDING Nigeria, sorry, NAIJA.
I no dey hear her rebranding mumbo jumbo again after the CABAL INCIDENT!!!!
Laugh wan kill me die. This[size=14pt] NAIJA [/size] sef
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by roymary: 5:34am On Nov 17, 2010
Darthmaul:

I used to hav some respect 4 nairalanders until nw. People like it or not NIGERIA is d name not 9ja or whatever. For pete's sake i wud rather bear a name frm some british woman dan some arab piece of poo. Etisalat has a lot to do wit dis useless name. Nigeria is our effin identity. Rhodesia to ZIMBABWE

Get a life or something close to it; You are not wiser than most of us here.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by beejay247: 5:51am On Nov 17, 2010
Wetin dey worry dat woman self, she no just get work
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by sulad82i(m): 5:57am On Nov 17, 2010
Make I say those words again, NAIJA
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Ranoscky(m): 7:27am On Nov 17, 2010
Boring.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by usbcable(m): 7:28am On Nov 17, 2010
Darthmaul:

I used to hav some respect 4 nairalanders until nw. People like it or not NIGERIA is d name not 9ja or whatever. For pete's sake i wud rather bear a name frm some british woman dan some arab piece of poo. Etisalat has a lot to do wit dis useless name. Nigeria is our effin identity. Rhodesia to ZIMBABWE
na wa 4 u o.
soo na etisalat coined ''naija''.you must be 2 years old not to know that even before GSM technology was born the word had existed. Worse still you prefer being a colonial slave and a racist than being your own self in name and identity.
would like to know what you think about 'Glo Naija sings' programme. Abi na arab get Glo too.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by nic121: 7:30am On Nov 17, 2010
now this is getting to far. She should make a thorough research of the meaning of naija. It does not connote negativity, instead it connotes patriotism, solidarity, perseverance e.t.c. you dont just announce to the media whatever you think is right. This is really getting me pissed. She should rebrand the name Nigeria before going to naija that is where it all started from

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Alhassan Rejects Taraba Governorship Election Results, Calls It Daylight Robbery / #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin / Court Stops The Swearing In Of Victoria Nyeche - See Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.