Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,758 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili (20975 Views)

The Senate Without Dora Akunyili / Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter / Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by chizillar(m): 8:38am On Nov 17, 2010
[size=25pt]Let stop using that word 'Naija" The minister is right. I love you Ma. Imagine "POWER OF NAIJA" It doesn't even rhyme. I am of different opinion- I don't like it.[/size]
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by 4tune1(m): 8:42am On Nov 17, 2010
If she didn't understand her own song "REBRANDING" Then she should just go back to school.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by JUO(m): 8:45am On Nov 17, 2010
naija is my country madam
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Esinwaju: 8:48am On Nov 17, 2010
Madam minister, what is offensive and should be kicked against, is trying to take away the youth's freedom of expression.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by FBS: 9:01am On Nov 17, 2010
wow wow wow!
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by zylla(m): 9:32am On Nov 17, 2010
If she's complaining Naija what of 9ja.
I beg go do something more tangible.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by tEsLim(m): 9:41am On Nov 17, 2010
She's dumb and stupid!

English = Nigeria
Pidgin / Nigerian Creole = Naija

Stupido insulte. When will we stop putting morons in important positions.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by kellybaba(m): 9:46am On Nov 17, 2010
Sincerely,i think Aunty Dora is being 'quoted out of context' here.This is simply Media conspiracy to bring her to public modicum.She is entitled to her personal opinion as a Naija-rian and i dont see any crime she has committed in expressing that just like you and i are free to express ours too!

Just that she needs some kind of education or rather enligthenment on this colloquial word that has formed a solidarity spirit within us in every bit of our traumatised daily experience as Naija-rians !

It is not and will never be the opinion of Nigerian Government to scrap our unifying word 'naija'.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Roscodaddy(m): 9:48am On Nov 17, 2010
but   wait   why   is   her   name   dora,is   that   not   the   short   form   of   her  name.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 17, 2010
Madam minister is fast becoming irrelevant, I'll advice that she resign like Mrs Iweala in order to retain her dignity.

She should now know from this thread that she's wrong with her view on her assertion about NAIJA instead of Nigeria.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by terryjohn7: 10:15am On Nov 17, 2010
madam you should even try to promote it becos that name is niaja made. this woman self they provoke me
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by ROCKJ1(m): 10:22am On Nov 17, 2010
UK = JAND , US = YANKEE, NIGERIA = NAIJA, NAIJA FOR LIFE
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 17, 2010
Correct me if I'm wrong but 'Naija' is not used in official situations. What exactly is her problem, the use of a slang
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by kcreal(f): 10:50am On Nov 17, 2010
What about your name ma? Dora or Dorathy.

NAIJA 4 LYF. QED.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by tredkiller: 10:58am On Nov 17, 2010
If she had been in position of power when Naija changed her currency from Pounds and Shillings to Naira and Kobo, I bet she wouldn't have allowed it to happen. What an irony, she is the one that appeared to be unpatriotic here. This is the best rebranding that ever happened to Naija. Naija 4 life.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 17, 2010
This is how the country will dismember. Na small small, from name to the real thing.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by obi123: 12:00pm On Nov 17, 2010
two words for u mrs Akunyili aka PR manager

Shut up!
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by kay4fun(m): 12:13pm On Nov 17, 2010
Aunty Dora, don't tell me that this is part of your naija re brand agenda. E no go work.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by ifunayam(f): 12:54pm On Nov 17, 2010
eh yah, na somebody's mama una dey coss like dis, aunty Dorathy sorry, oh.

Boys and Gals dey vex for una (govt and 'so called' leaders) you guys should up your act

9ja for eva!!!
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by sizzlers(m): 1:06pm On Nov 17, 2010
WOMAN GO AND SIT IN THE GUTTERS, AFTER CELEBRATION 9ja at 50 you come here to issue us em! "i dont know what to term it" make she shut up. I love Naija thats all i can say to her.

NAIJA   NAIJA   NAIJA   NAIJA   NAIJA   NAIJANAIJA   NAIJA   NAIJA   NAIJA   NAIJA   NAIJA 4 LIFE

Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by RedRiver(m): 1:06pm On Nov 17, 2010
Truth is wherever u are anywhere in the world if u hear Nigeria who somehow feel indifferent and uncertain but if u hear naija u definately have this sense of belonging and pride in a way i cant explain. Infact it is the naija in us that makes us feel proud of nigeria. Its only whenver one is talking naija that one can only be truly nigerian. For me Nigeria is a bad name globally but naija isnt. most of the backwardness, corruption, 419 is associated with nigeria. Naija is known for fun, entertainment, youthfullness etc
so which is better naija or nigeria
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by akbtunes: 1:12pm On Nov 17, 2010
the truth is we, the youth, have lost hope in the Nigerian dream (if there was any in the first place), we have lost hope in the wasted generation (now, they are trying to recycle for 2011, again) Now we have created a Dream for ourselves, a place of opportunities, a place of hope, a place of dreams, It is Naija, Our own Naija!!

Strictly, Arrogantly and Adamantly Naija!
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by sizzlers(m): 1:15pm On Nov 17, 2010
RedRiver:

Truth is wherever u are anywhere in the world if u hear Nigeria who somehow feel indifferent and uncertain but if u hear naija u definately have this sense of belonging and pride in a way i cant explain. Infact it is the naija in us that makes us feel proud of nigeria. Its only whenver one is talking naija that one can only be truly nigerian. For me Nigeria is a bad name globally but naija isnt. most of the backwardness, corruption, 419 is associated with nigeria. Naija is known for fun, entertainment, youthfullness etc
so which is better naija or nigeria
NAIJA IS MORE THAN BETTER
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Donmeca(m): 1:15pm On Nov 17, 2010
Did she suddenly wake up? She received Kevin Pam (spotting NAIJA PIKIN t-shirt) after after winning BBA yet kept quiet. cudn't she av called the 200,000 dollar amn to order then? I bliv she was not leaving abroad when etisalat cam with 0809ja, and even glo's naija sings. She don see small boys and girls wey she go harrass. May be it's because the program is run by NOA under her ministry. She's just covering her padded asss.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by sizzlers(m): 1:18pm On Nov 17, 2010
nigeria is dead but naija is always alive
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 17, 2010
[size=13pt]Tell madam to google "naija" she will get the shocker of her life: 8,730,000 results (0.09 seconds) .
Naija has come to stay![/size]
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by samcc30(m): 1:34pm On Nov 17, 2010
switzerland --  Swiss
ITALY           --  Italo
spain           -- payen
nigeria -- naija
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Bishopking: 1:35pm On Nov 17, 2010
make madam see this video. I dey sure say guys don see am before. E go see say guys get affinity for 'Naija' pass 'Nigeria'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whRRfGivEM8
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by freecocoa(f): 1:41pm On Nov 17, 2010
Ok people,i've been invited by mrs dora to perform on her next buffday and this is the song i'll perform there,i just want you guys to tell how good it is cos i know its good,it goes thus,c,mon 2 fingers air yeah yeah 2x,when i say NAI you say JA 4x,go NAIJA go NAIJA go 4x,DORA u are NAIJA wether you like it not 2x,we stay NAIJA wether you want it or not 2x,inshort make i leave am here cos if write an finish and una read am finish una no go buy the album when i release am,omo shine your eyes na NAIJA we dey.the song sweet abi?
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 17, 2010
i agree with her if this silly trend continues it will get to a stage where our youth wont even know the real name of their own country. as it is many cant even say her official name (the federal repuplic of Nigeria) and cant recite the national antheme nor pledge. it makes us come across as uneducated. imagine telling a foreigner u from "naija" they would be like WTF? and for ur information, Americans dont call their country "yankee" nor do brits call theirs "jand" those are nigerian slangs as well. i once asked a lagos girl what country "jand" was and she had no clue!!! she actually thought that was the name of the country! if we dont stop the madness now, very soon that babe and others round the country would think they are citezens of "naija".
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by aforbaje(m): 2:24pm On Nov 17, 2010
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by mrofficial(m): 2:31pm On Nov 17, 2010
@slyfoxxjoe, I'm siging "saucekid, you don dey mad" to you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Angry Letter To The Nigerian Youth-- Nailed It / An Admirable Virtue Of Dame Patience Jonathan By Florence Ozor / Why Sponsors Of Igbo Quit Notice Were Not Arrested – AGF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.