Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group (43570 Views)

Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis / Wike, Sanwoolu And Makinde Conferred With Honorary Doctorate Degrees (Photos) / Chisom Promise Dike Rejects Wike’s SUV Gift, Asks Governor To Repair Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Balogunodua(m): 4:48pm On Dec 08, 2019
Success1020:
Afonjas and division. What is Ikwerre ethnic group? You see them wearing Igbo custome and Igbo unique staff inscribbed "Dike Oha."? Is "Dike Oha" a yoruba phrase to you? Anumanu
Ipob so yoruba gave rivers state people the name ikwerre, take am eazy oga. grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
says a guy who may have not been to Delta

Mediator face your tribe for once..habaaa

Until you insulted is that when you go behave yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 08, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Awusa-Afonja respect ur self, remove ur self from igbo matters before u go bananas
I should actually tell you to remove your self from Delta and South South matters

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 08, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Mediator face your tribe for once..habaaa

Until you insulted is that when you go behave yourself.
Delta is my state and you guys are claiming it as an Igbo state. insult is not a new thing. some of you insult even your parents at home

2 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 08, 2019
Advocate500:
guy weed yourself of hate and get a job, weather ikwere is igbo or igbo is not ikwere what difference will it make in ur life ?get busy with ur life man .

Stale

next
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by mercyville: 4:54pm On Dec 08, 2019
Igbos should leave these people .I believe they were Ibos initially(I still think they are Ibos) just like Itshekiris were Yorubas initially but now want to be known as Itshekiri but not forgetting their Yoruba root.Yoruba have lost no sleep or try to force them to be Yorubas by force.There is even a group in IMO state that came from Ife....they were Yorubas from IFE....but are now Igbos as at today. Vanguard carried a story about them once when there was a land dispute.
Some Ikweres will always remember that their root exist in Igboland(some still claimed Bini).
Leave them and they will run back to you Ibos.
It is a matter of time.

4 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Advocate500: 4:56pm On Dec 08, 2019
pazienza:
Please my people should let this slide.
Ikwerre is not Igbo. They are Bini people whose inferiority complex plagued Bini ancestors abandoned their Bini language for Igbo language, which they corrupted and continue to mutilate in the name of forming "Ikwerre language".

These people know they are Bini people. Bini people still exist and Bini language is not a dead language, it's still spoken in Edo state. Instead of disfiguring precious Igbo language in the name of Ikwerre language, why can't Ogbakor(yet another Igbo word) Ikwerre go to University of Bini and employ Bini language lecturers to come to Uniport and teach them Bini language? The Bini language taught Ikwerre professors can then organize workshops and seminars to teach Ikwerre teachers Bini language. The Ikwerre teachers can then be sent to rural villages and communities of Ikwerre to teach the people Bini language, the language of their wandering ancestors.

If this is done, in ten years Ikwerrre would have returned to her original Bini language and stop disfiguring Igbo language. Ogini di. How can they mutilate our beautiful Igbo language like this?
Which one is Dikne, Ohna, Iwhurnohna, instead of Dike, Oha, Ihuoha? What sort of insult is this?
And I hope when they complete this complete reversal to Bini language, they will look for a new Bini name for their ethnic group, as both Ikwerre and Ihu-oha( mutilated to Iwhuruohna), Ogbakor( Igbo word for gathering) are obviously Igbo language derived.

These Bini people should mind themselves. And please Igbos claiming these confused lots should stop it already, you guys are disgracing us. angry
why don't u send them to bini to go and live there with their brothers?I thought they said Lagos is own by bini people too or the yorubas has defeated u people to own Lagos now attention has shifted to rivers state. Every tribe comes from somewhere ,just like the yorubas their origin can be traced to Benin republic, can u say that are not yuroba but Benin?I noticed anything igbo put fear in people like u?
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by ChristineC: 4:57pm On Dec 08, 2019
Gandollaar:
Ikweres are Igbos, whose language do you want them to adopt other than their mother tongue, Dothraki language?

3 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by jimyjames(m): 4:59pm On Dec 08, 2019
pazienza:
Please my people should let this slide.
Ikwerre is not Igbo. They are Bini people whose inferiority complex plagued Bini ancestors abandoned their Bini language for Igbo language, which they corrupted and continue to mutilate in the name of forming "Ikwerre language".

These people know they are Bini people. Bini people still exist and Bini language is not a dead language, it's still spoken in Edo state. Instead of disfiguring precious Igbo language in the name of Ikwerre language, why can't Ogbakor(yet another Igbo word) Ikwerre go to University of Bini and employ Bini language lecturers to come to Uniport and teach them Bini language? The Bini language taught Ikwerre professors can then organize workshops and seminars to teach Ikwerre teachers Bini language. The Ikwerre teachers can then be sent to rural villages and communities of Ikwerre to teach the people Bini language, the language of their wandering ancestors.

If this is done, in ten years Ikwerrre would have returned to her original Bini language and stop disfiguring Igbo language. Ogini di. How can they mutilate our beautiful Igbo language like this?
Which one is Dikne, Ohna, Iwhurnohna, instead of Dike, Oha, Ihuoha? What sort of insult is this?
And I hope when they complete this complete reversal to Bini language, they will look for a new Bini name for their ethnic group, as both Ikwerre and Ihu-oha( mutilated to Iwhuruohna), Ogbakor( Igbo word for gathering) are obviously Igbo language derived.

These Bini people should mind themselves. And please Igbos claiming these confused lots should stop it already, you guys are disgracing us. angry

What you wrote here makes no single sense, the ikweres you claim are Bini but abandoned their language for Igbo why? Did Igbo colonize them? Which century did this happen? Igbo as ethnic group has many minority igbiod tribes and ikwere is one of them just like ekpeye Igbo, ika Igbo , anioma Igbo , and the rest of the igbiod tribes in ebonyi and all these tribes speak igbiod dialect, Bini has many dialects tell me which one ikweres belong to? Just because ikweres were politically separated from their igbiod ethnicity doesn't mean they are binis, what's there to proof they are binis , cause there are 90% proof they are Igbo's from the language the tradition and the location and the names of their location

4 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 08, 2019
horsepower101:

Who is forcing who. You keep making very generalized vague statements that has nothing to do with my original comments.

BTW majority of Aniomas have no identity crisis. They know that they are igbos.

Please don’t engage me again.
have you been to Delta once. In school, Anioma and Igbo cultural day were celebrated separately. I even join in celebrating Anioma day back then as I grew up there and speak the Anioma language

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by midnighter(f): 5:01pm On Dec 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
Delta is my state and you guys are claiming it as an Igbo state. insult is not a new thing. some of you insult even your parents at home

Not an Igbo state but a state where indigenous Igbos are found

I am listening to a song by Ali Chukwuma right now. Are you trying to tell me that the name "Ali Chukwuma" is not an Igbo name

4 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by orisa37: 5:07pm On Dec 08, 2019
Ctorch:
Ikwerre Grand Civic Reception: Governors, Lawmakers, Prominent Rivers Politicians and Traditional Rulers Honour Governor Wike

State Governors, Serving and former Federal Lawmakers, Council Administrators, Traditional Rulers and Religious Leaders joined thousands of Ikwerre people on Saturday to celebrate Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike in a Grand Civic Reception organised by the Ogbakor Ikwerre Cultural Organisation Worldwide to recognise the outstanding contributions of the Rivers State Governor to the national development process.

Chairman of Ikwerre Government Recognised Traditional Rulers, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom, Eze Worlu Wodo announced the conferment of the title: "Dike Oha Ikwerre ", covering the entire Ikwerre Ethnic Nationality.

Roughly translated, "Dike Oha Ikwerre" means Hero/Pillar of Ikwerre People.

He said that the title is in recognition of the outstanding contributions of Governor Wike to the Ikwerre Ethnic Nationality and the rest of Rivers State and Nigeria.

One after the other, Leaders from all walks of life sang the praises of Governor Wike, a leader that has distinguished himself in the service to humanity since 1999.

They spoke at the Civic Reception in honour of Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike by the Ogbakor Ikwerre Cultural Organisation Worldwide at the Elechi Amadi Polytechnic in Port Harcourt on Saturday .

Present at the event were: Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi, Imo State Governor, Emeka Ihedioha, Bauchi State Governor, Senator Bala Mohammed, Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, Benue State Governor, Dr Samuel Ortom, Adamawa State Governor, Ahmadu Fintiri,Sokoto State Governor, Aminu Tambuwal and Taraba State Governor, Dairus Ishaku .

Also present were: Former Anambra State Governor, Peter Obi, Former Rivers State Governor, Dr Peter Odili, Former Rivers State Governor, Sir Celestine Omehia, Former Gombe State Governor, Ibrahim Dankwambo, Former Ekiti State Governor, Ayo Fayose , PDP National Chairman, Prince Uche Secondus, Former Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rt Hon Chibodum Nwuche and Senator Dino Melaye.

Former Rivers State Governor, Dr Peter Odili said Governor Wike has surpassed the achievements of all his predecessors..

He urged the Rivers State Governor to remain focused on God and Rivers people as he will continue to deliver .

He said: "Hold onto God and Rivers people. Keep your focus on the good people of Rivers State. Use your position to unite the people of Rivers State. "

President-General of Ogbakor Ikwerre Cultural Organization Worldwide, Prof Emenike Wami said the organisation is honouring a worthy and deserving leader.

He said: "He is a man with a heart of service for his people. He has distinguished himself as a performer. "

Former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rt Hon Yakubu Dogara said Governor Wike has been honoured because his people trust his ability to lead.

He said: "He is a trustworthy leader. He is a leader whose words you can take to the bank. Appreciation is an application for more. This is a great honour. By this honour, Ikwerre people are applying for more."

Senate Minority Whip, Senator Philip Aduba said that the outstanding performance of Governor Wike is appreciated by the members of the PDP Caucus of the Senate.

Former Anambra State Governor, Mr Peter Obi said that the achievements of Governor Wike are glaring for all to see.

"Everyone is seeing his achievements. We can only urge you to continue to deliver", he said.

He said that Governor Wike's leadership transcends Rivers State as he supports the PDP nationally.

PDP National Chairman, Prince Uche Secondus commended Governor Wike for his commitment to state-wide development. He said that Rivers people are happy with the quality of Wike's leadership.

Former Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rt Hon Austin Opara said this is one way, Ikwerre people are showing that they are happy with Governor Wike for making Ikwerre ethnic Nationality proud.

He informed that Ikwerre Ethnic Nationality with four Local Government Areas, has over 50 percent population of the state and a major voting strength.

He said: "What Rivers State is to Nigeria is what Ikwerre Ethnic Nationality is to Rivers State."

Former NBA President, Chief Onueze Okocha (SAN) said that Governor Wike was recognised at this time because he has performed exceptionally well.

He urged the Rivers State Governor to keep up the good works as the Ikwerre people and other leaders will continue to recognise him.

In her address, Annkio Briggs said that the Rivers State Governor will continue to emerge victorious because Governor Wike works for the people.

Deputy Leader of Non-Indigenes in Rivers State, Obong Godwin said that Governor Wike has provided an inclusive leadership for Rivers people. He said that the non-indigenes have benefited from the outstanding leadership of Governor Wike.

Chairman of the Rivers State Council of Traditional Rulers and Amayanabo of Opobo, King Dandeson Douglas Jaja said since 2015, Governor Wike has done well for Rivers people. He called on the ancestors to continue to bless Governor Wike as he continues to deliver for Rivers people. They assured him of their support.

Speaker of Bayelsa State House of Assembly, Monday Obolo said that the speakers of State Assemblies are appreciative of Governor Wike's efforts at development.

Responding, Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike thanked the leadership of Ikwerre Ethnic Nationality for the honour.

"I accepted this honour because when I look back from where we are coming from, I am a proud Ikwerre man. I am a Rivers man, but I am come from the Ikwerre Ethnic Nationality", he said.

Governor Wike declared that all Ethnic Nationalities must work together to ensure the emergence of a Rivers Governor that will carry the entire state along.

"We will continue the legacy of Odili. Anyone with the interest of Rivers State will be supported. Wherever you are from, you must show that you are a Rivers man.

"We must work with all Ethnic Nationalities to move Rivers State forward", he said.

He urged Ikwerre people not to be intimidated, saying that there can be no political position without the Ikwerre people playing prominent roles.

He noted that Rivers State remains one United state, where all ethnic groups are important.

He said: "Rivers State is one. Nobody can divide Rivers State. No outsider can be Governor of Rivers State. Let us not allow anyone to divide us.

"If you must be a Governor of Rivers State, you must carry Everyone along. No Ethnic Group can do it alone. Once you say it is your turn, it will not work. When you say it is your turn, you have started failing."

Governor Wike took out time to recognize Rivers and Non Rivers people who have worked over the years to ensure his political growth. He praised Former Rivers State Governor, Peter Odili, Chief Sergeant Awuse, Prince Uche Secondus, Senator Sandy Onoh, Chief Dan Orbih and Alhaji Imam for their contributions.

He said contrary to the claims by some persons, he committed to state-wide development of Rivers State as depicted by his projects.

Governor Wike heightened the celebration as he personally led Ikwerre people on a medley of Traditional Ikwerre songs during the grand Civic Reception.

Traditional Dances and wrestlers also entertained guests at the event.

Ikwerre born musician, Duncan Mighty also performed at the event.

Simeon Nwakaudu,

Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor, Electronic Media.

7th December, 2019.

OYE AMORI O.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by obiekunie2: 5:08pm On Dec 08, 2019
Osagyefo98:

[s]If you are with your senses intact...You won't rush out to disgrace and embarrass yourself..

Education is key to every understanding.

Meanwhile this is the exact words of Wike

"I accepted this honour because when I look back from where we are coming from, I am a proud Ikwerre man. I am a Rivers man, but I am come from the Ikwerre Ethnic Nationality", he said.

Two captains can't be on same ship...Two ethnicities is a conflict....

Next read this message before screenshoting scraps you see in Google.

I have never seen words like DIKNE OHNA..

A good intellectual develops their own language not banking on existing language to bastardized it..

Your Journalism is really called to question this moment young man.[/s]

Oga pls stop this your long grammar!

no body is dragging your ikwerre with you!

all we are asking is - PLEASE DEVELOP YOUR OWN VOWELS AND CONSONANTS AND STOP ADULTERATING AND ABUSING THE IGBO LANGUAGE!

YOU CAN GO TO THE NORTH OR EVEN TO CHAD AND BORROW THEIRS BUT LEAVE THE IGBO VOWELS, CONSONANTS AND DIPHTHONG ALONE!

waka! una no wan waka! comot for road! una no wan comot for road! haba! angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

I don't argue with propagandist because I have never heard what u said.

thanks
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by JonDon12: 5:17pm On Dec 08, 2019
Stanweezy:
It's better they develop their own Language if they are not Igbo and stop bastardizing our precious Igbo Language.

Which one is:

"Dikne Ohna" instead of Dike Oha

"Rumuola" instead of Umuola

"Rumuokoro" instead of Umuokoro

"Oyigbo" instead of Obigbo

Who ever that is thwarting this people brain of believing they are not Igbo should please create a separate language for them.

I love my Delta, u can't see village name bastardized like this. Onicha ugbo is Onicha ugbo and not Rumuonicha or Rumugbo

Daalu so Nwannem

2 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Balogunodua(m): 5:17pm On Dec 08, 2019
Advocate500:
why don't u send them to bini to go and live there with their brothers?I thought they said Lagos is own by bini people too or the yorubas has defeated u people to own Lagos now attention has shifted to rivers state. Every tribe comes from somewhere ,just like the yorubas their origin can be traced to Benin republic, can u say that are not yuroba but Benin?I noticed anything igbo put fear in people like u?
Oga there was no day yoruba trace their origin to any benin or benin republic, if you don't know about yoruba history just keep your mouth shut

2 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by obiekunie2: 5:19pm On Dec 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
[s]you guys should stop forcing those those who don't want to be part of you .if the Anioma or ikwere man says he is not Igbo, let him be. you guys should stop claiming my Delta as Igbo state because of a few migrants[/s]

VERY CONFUSED SET OF PEOPLE!

SAME DELTA THAT IS THE CAUSE OF THE CIVIL WAR THAT THE IGBOS BEAR THE BRUNT FOR 3 YEAR!

AMADIOHA GBA GBUE UNU THERE! angry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 08, 2019
midnighter:

Not an Igbo state but a state where indigenous Igbos are found

I am listening to a song by Ali Chukwuma right now. Are you trying to tell me that the name "Ali Chukwuma" is not an Igbo name

the Itshekiri uses Yoruba name. Isoko and Urhobo sometimes use Yoruba/Benin names. the Isoko and Urhobo language are similar but both claim different ethnic group. If you read the history of most towns in Delta you will understand what I am saying. I can give you the names of 3 to 5 town in Anioma who trace their ancestry to the Benin kingdom. some of them claim their ancestors migrated from Benin. that they adopted a similar language to the Igbo does not mean they are Igbo.

at school , Anioma and Igbo cultural day are celebrated separately

3 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 08, 2019
obiekunie2:

VERY CONFUSED SET OF PEOPLE!

SAME DELTA THAT IS THE CAUSE OF THE CIVIL WAR THAT THE IGBOS BEAR THE BRUNT FOR 3 YEAR!

AMADIOHA GBA GBUE UNU THERE! angry
Igbo in Asaba not Delta. not a single gunshot was fired in most part of Delta
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by CHIDOHSKI: 5:24pm On Dec 08, 2019
[Langauge is from God. Igbos are not begging for membership. Ur stupidity will always compel u to tribalise anything .quote author=Osagyefo98 post=84724707]Ikwerre ethnic nationality should bring their intellectuals and well versed linguistics and develop a highly structured language for themselves....

They should seat and fathom out a standard, structured and well organized Ikwerre language devoid of any form of Igbo language....

By so doing the sweetness of the language will be explored and transported worldwide to who cares to Listen....

We have has so many scholars who developed languages and the languages are still in use today because even before it gets to the 12th generation the language will be fully assimilated.

For Instance DIKE can be rephrased in Ikwerre language as HAJE........but not banking on already existing Dike to bastardized it as DIKNE...This is purely rubbish and timidly done, so the intellectual needs to step up their games...

Meanwhile Congratulations on your new title as your project speaks boldly for you.....but projects without the people is useless...
[/quote]
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Odinaka00(m): 5:24pm On Dec 08, 2019
They speak Igbo... They write Igbo... They understand Igbo and even sing Igbo but they 're not Igbos.... Hmmm Nothing wey boko haram nor go see for Sambisa forest sha

4 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
Igbo in Asaba not Delta. not a single gunshot was fired in most part of Delta

Continue lying to those whose cares to listen.

Anioma is an acronym.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by BULLIONVAN4(m): 5:26pm On Dec 08, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Stale

next
Assuming someone bearing "chibuike amadi" is convicted in fraud, will you say he is ikwerre or igbo(assuming his state/lga of origin is not mentioned)

2 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by gido2017: 5:27pm On Dec 08, 2019
alfasexy:
If Ikwere is not Igbo, why do they insist on speaking Igbo?

all these haters and ignorant elements with myopic mentality engulfed with illusions of their inability to access knowledge. May it be known to you that before the civil war there was no titled office in the so called Igbo land.
You guys stole our culture, tradition and titles yet have the guts to say Ikwerre is from Igbo. Nonsense.

It's unfortunate how you try to enforce and enjoin yourselves to people who do not share same aborigine with you just because of selfish attempt to have a share of their God given natural resources, fail fail fail!!!! Fail.

Go and do proper research before you keep proving your selves to be ignorant masturbators of masturbating enslave.
No reasonable literature in the world library will even support your claims yet you keep clamouring. Nonsense

Ikwerre bu otu and no region can divide us.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 08, 2019
Osagyefo98:

I don't argue with propagandist because I have never heard what u said.

thanks
that is because you never been to Delta. I can give you the names of about 3 to 5 Igbo speaking town in Delta that claim their ancestors migrated from Benin. Delta is a story that is not easy to understand my brother

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by gido2017: 5:29pm On Dec 08, 2019
alfasexy:
If Ikwere is not Igbo, why do they insist on speaking Igbo?

all these haters and ignorant elements with myopic mentality engulfed with illusions of their inability to access knowledge. May it be known to you that before the civil war there was no titled office in the so called Igbo land.
You guys stole our culture, tradition and titles yet have the guts to say Ikwerre is from Igbo. Nonsense.

It's unfortunate how you try to enforce and enjoin yourselves to people who do not share same aborigine with you just because of selfish attempt to have a share of their God given natural resources, fail fail fail!!!! Fail.

Go and do proper research before you keep proving your selves to be ignorant masturbators of masturbating enslave.
No reasonable literature in the world library will even support your claims yet you keep clamouring. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by OgaBuhari: 5:31pm On Dec 08, 2019
midnighter:

Not an Igbo state but [s] a state where indigenous Igbos are found [/s] where igbos in the state are migrants
fixed
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Guyman02: 5:31pm On Dec 08, 2019
allcomage:
While dike oha?It should have been rDIKE rOHA. Because dike oha is Igbo na.
No, it should be RumuDike RumuOha grin
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 08, 2019
gido2017:

lol. this is what I have been trying to explain to them about the Anioma in Delta. some of the ethnic groups in Nigeria are not what you can just understand because of similar language. you need proper research but the Igbo's on nairaland think any tribe who speaks something similar to Igbo should become Igbo

2 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by gregyboy(m): 5:32pm On Dec 08, 2019
immhotep:

Bros this is not Domination.
Ikwerre is Igbo.
Igbo is Ikwerre.

Igbo amaka.

Cc lzaa gmbuharii

Ikewere are edos....

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by midnighter(f): 5:33pm On Dec 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

the Itshekiri uses Yoruba name. Isoko and Urhobo sometimes use Yoruba/Benin names. the Isoko and Urhobo language are similar but both claim different ethnic group.

Itshekiris accept that they are related to Yoruba and Itshekiri language itself is an ancient dialect of Yoruba.

Urhobo/ Isoko dichotomy is an individual political issue; some of them accept that they are the same yet others argue vehemently that they are totally different

niaralandtopuser:
If you read the history of most towns in Delta you will understand what I am saying. I can give you the names of 3 to 5 town in Anioma who trace their ancestry to the Benin kingdom. some of them claim their ancestors migrated from Benin. that they adopted a similar language to the Igbo does not mean they are Igbo. at school , Anioma and Igbo cultural day are celebrated separately

Is it that they adopted a language similar to Igbo or that they speak Igbo? So where did they get the quasi-Igbo language from?

Igbo people are naturally disparate; we were just unified recently under the umbrella term "Igbo". The Igbo dialects spoken in part of Enugu and Ebonyi states are completely unintelligible to the average Igbo speaker, yet they still accept themselves as Igbo even though going by your logic, they have even more right to claim that they are something else because the language has almost nothing to do with central Igbo.

At school, Anioma and Igbo days are celebrated differently for political reasons that dont hold water. I have met plenty of people from Delta who just call themselves "Delta Igbo" from Ibusa, Kwale, Agbor. What is your point exactly

3 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 08, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Continue lying to those whose cares to listen.

Anioma is an acronym.
some Anioma towns trace their ancestry to Benin. how many towns in Delta State actually suffered from the civil war

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari / Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flower To Queen Elizabeth In 1956 / Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.