Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,215 members, 7,829,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group (43556 Views)

Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis / Wike, Sanwoolu And Makinde Conferred With Honorary Doctorate Degrees (Photos) / Chisom Promise Dike Rejects Wike’s SUV Gift, Asks Governor To Repair Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
that is because you never been to Delta. I can give you the names of about 3 to 5 Igbo speaking town in Delta that claim their ancestors migrated from Benin. Delta is a story that is not easy to understand my brother

Lol

I am very conversant with delta state because I have stayed there for a long time.

So your lies won't hold ..... because I know reality on ground.

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 08, 2019
gido2017:

all these haters and ignorant elements with myopic mentality engulfed with illusions of their inability to access knowledge. May it be known to you that before the civil war there was no titled office in the so called Igbo land.
You guys stole our culture, tradition and titles yet have the guts to say Ikwerre is from Igbo. Nonsense.

It's unfortunate how you try to enforce and enjoin yourselves to people who do not share same aborigine with you just because of selfish attempt to have a share of their God given natural resources, fail fail fail!!!! Fail.

Go and do proper research before you keep proving your selves to be ignorant masturbators of masturbating enslave.
No reasonable literature in the world library will even support your claims yet you keep clamouring. Nonsense

Ikwerre bu otu and no region can divide us.

Lol...

Imagination.

No be only stole your culture.....Lolzzzz

God's given resources...who give a damn about your resources..

Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 08, 2019
pazienza:
Please my people should let this slide.
Ikwerre is not Igbo. They are Bini people whose inferiority complex plagued Bini ancestors abandoned their Bini language for Igbo language, which they corrupted and continue to mutilate in the name of forming "Ikwerre language".

These people know they are Bini people. Bini people still exist and Bini language is not a dead language, it's still spoken in Edo state. Instead of disfiguring precious Igbo language in the name of Ikwerre language, why can't Ogbakor(yet another Igbo word) Ikwerre go to University of Bini and employ Bini language lecturers to come to Uniport and teach them Bini language? The Bini language taught Ikwerre professors can then organize workshops and seminars to teach Ikwerre teachers Bini language. The Ikwerre teachers can then be sent to rural villages and communities of Ikwerre to teach the people Bini language, the language of their wandering ancestors.

If this is done, in ten years Ikwerrre would have returned to her original Bini language and stop disfiguring Igbo language. Ogini di. How can they mutilate our beautiful Igbo language like this?
Which one is Dikne, Ohna, Iwhurnohna, instead of Dike, Oha, Ihuoha? What sort of insult is this?
And I hope when they complete this complete reversal to Bini language, they will look for a new Bini name for their ethnic group, as both Ikwerre and Ihu-oha( mutilated to Iwhuruohna), Ogbakor( Igbo word for gathering) are obviously Igbo language derived.

These Bini people should mind themselves. And please Igbos claiming these confused lots should stop it already, you guys are disgracing us. angry
Stop typing rubbish. Whoever said Ikwerres are Binis is a bloody liar. Do Binis even know their origin? Some books said they fell from the sky while others said they're decendants of Ile Ife. Does that look like a group anyone would want to associate with? FYI, an Ikwerre man sees himself more Igbo than any other Ethnic group. The more reason why 9 out of 10 Ikwerre men are married to Igbo women. They rarely marry themselves. An Ikwerre child will tell you "I am travelling to my maternal home" and on inquiry, you'll find out that it's in the East. You can take my words to the bank as a PH breed.

7 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by JonDon12: 5:41pm On Dec 08, 2019
OP You lie.

Nyesom Wike was made "DIKNE OHNA RUMUINKWERRE" OF the RUMUINKWERRE PEOPLE by the EZNE Ohna Rumuanpara Kingdom. He is not the Dike Oha. The Real Dike Oha is Onyesom Nwaike. Please Be Corrected. Look at his Fan.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10697034_fbimg1575781210724_jpegf65793ab64e06a2ce3b6b7d1322e7b2f

wink

5 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Odingo1: 5:42pm On Dec 08, 2019
OgaBuhari:
please let your nonsense stop at Rivers and your igbos state.

don't dare drag your nonentity to Delta State.
I'm from Asaba and I'm Anioma by tribe.
Igbos do not exists after the River Niger at Onitsha..
Any igbo u see in Delta are settlers and not indigenes..
there are no indigenous Igbos in Delta.
be warned!!!
Yoruba man, be proud of your tribe and stop switching here and there just to make a point. Why always showcasing cowardice.

Yesterday you are from Ekiti today you are from Delta.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 08, 2019
gregyboy:

Ikewere are edos....
Tell us the meaning of "Dike Oha" in Edo language.
We are waiting. . .

Cc lzaa gmbuharii

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 08, 2019
midnighter:

Itshekiris accept that they are related to Yoruba and Itshekiri language itself is an ancient dialect of Yoruba.

Urhobo/ Isoko dichotomy is an individual political issue; some of them accept that they are the same yet others of them argue vehemently that they are totally different

Is it that they adopted a language similar to Igbo or that they speak Igbo? So where did they get the quasi-Igbo language from?

Igbo people are naturally disparate; we were just unified recently under the umbrella term "Igbo". The Igbo dialects spoken in part of Enugu and Ebonyi states are completely unintelligible to the average Igbo speaker, yet they still accept themselves as Igbo even though going by your logic, they have even more right to claim that they are something else because the language has almost nothing to do with central Igbo.

At school, Anioma and Igbo days are celebrated differently for political reasons that dont hold water. I have met plenty of people from Delta who just call themselves "Delta Igbo" from Ibusa, Ukwuani, Agbor. What is your point exactly
there is no town called ukwuani in Delta. what you call Anioma is now being divided into Ndokwa, ukwuani and Anioma by those trying to trace their root. infact communities in what they call ndokwa and ukwuani now claim their ancestors migrated from Benin. the enugu and ebonyi accept to be Igbo but the Igbo in Delta are not even United. they are already tracing their ancestry

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by gregyboy(m): 5:50pm On Dec 08, 2019
immhotep:

Tell us the meaning of "Dike Oha" in Edo language.
We are waiting. . .

Cc lzaa gmbuharii

Haha....thats is an igbo language they are currently and recently trying to adopt

The ikwerres are originally edos who were later influenced culturally and linguistically by their igbo neighbours...

Ikwrres = i agree
Ikwe( Benin) i agree
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by midnighter(f): 5:51pm On Dec 08, 2019

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by OgaBuhari: 5:51pm On Dec 08, 2019
Odingo1:

Yesterday you are from Ekiti .
show proof or else you gbenu e soun!
Ode!
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Balogunodua(m): 5:53pm On Dec 08, 2019
Odingo1:

Yoruba man, be proud of your tribe and stop switching here and there just to make a point. Why always showcasing cowardice.

Yesterday you are from Ekiti today you are from Delta.
Who told you he is yoruba, ogbeni mind yourself o, stop draging yoruba into this.

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 08, 2019
gregyboy:

Haha....thats is an igbo language they are currently and recently trying to adopt

The ikwerres are originally edos who were later influenced culturally and linguistically by their igbo neighbours...
Rumor mongering grin
And please tell us what "Dike Oha" means in Edo language.

gregyboy:

Ikwrres = i agree
Ikwe( Benin) i agree
Very similar to the Igbo spoken in Delta, Anambra, Imo, Enugu, Abia and Ebonyi grin grin

Igbo amaka.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 08, 2019
OgaBuhari:
show proof or else you gbenu e soun! Ode!

You done speak yoruba by force

Lolxxx
bursted.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by midnighter(f): 5:55pm On Dec 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
there is no town called ukwuani in Delta. what you call Anioma is now being divided into Ndokwa, ukwuani and Anioma by those trying to trace their root. infact communities in what they call ndokwa and ukwuani now claim their ancestors migrated from Benin. the enugu and ebonyi accept to be Igbo but the Igbo in Delta are not even United. they are already tracing their ancestry

I have modified it, that was a mistake.

Tracing their ancestry but do they speak Igbo or not? Considering what I wrote in my last post

What language do those communities speak?
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by gregyboy(m): 5:56pm On Dec 08, 2019
immhotep:

Rumor mongering grin
And please tell us what "Dike Oha" means in Edo language.

Very similar to the Igbo spoken in Delta, Anambra, Imo, Enugu, Abia and Ebonyi grin grin

Igbo amaka.

Benin ruled and influence the igbos too
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by OgaBuhari: 5:56pm On Dec 08, 2019
midnighter:

[s]
Even if they are migrants, they are still Igbo and still speak Igbo so people saying that there are no Igbo towns in Delta state are a bunch of liars
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 08, 2019
gregyboy:

please tell us what "Dike Oha" means in Bini language.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by midnighter(f): 5:58pm On Dec 08, 2019
OgaBuhari:
[s]Even if they are migrants, they are still Igbo and still speak Igbo so people saying that there are no Igbo towns in Delta state are a bunch of liars[/s]

Thank you for confirming that my assertion was correct.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 08, 2019
gregyboy:

Take your time and stop writing Nonsense.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 08, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Lol

I am very conversant with delta state because I have stayed there for a long time.

So your lies won't hold ..... because I know reality on ground.
you guys call Anioma but the Igbo speaking group in Delta are busy dividing themselves into Anioma, ndokwa and ukwuani. that you have stayed in Delta does not mean you get involved in traditional activities and history. even some of those you call Igbo trace their ancestry to Benin, guy Delta is a complex story you should research about

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by OgaBuhari: 6:03pm On Dec 08, 2019
[s]
midnighter:

Thank you for confirming that my assertion was correct.
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by midnighter(f): 6:04pm On Dec 08, 2019
OgaBuhari:
[s] Thank you for confirming that my assertion was correct. [/s]

Sosongo eti eti
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by gregyboy(m): 6:05pm On Dec 08, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Take your time and stop writing Nonsense.

You see your name sound edo

Osa=( benin) god
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by OgaBuhari: 6:05pm On Dec 08, 2019
midnighter:

Sosongo eti eti
I don't understand the gibberish u put up there, perhaps that's an igbo language that we Anioma in Delta State can't comprehend.
I'm Anioma from Delta State and I'm not igbo neither do we relate in any way.

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
you guys call Anioma but the Igbo speaking group in Delta are busy dividing themselves into Anioma, ndokwa and ukwuani. that you have stayed in Delta does not mean you get involved in traditional activities and history. even some of those you call Igbo trace their ancestry to Benin, guy Delta is a complex story you should research about

Pure lies and all lies....Stop lying because is already telling on you.

As am speaking Anioma unity cup is ongoing...

No division..They are one with their block votes.

Your lie leaks
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:06pm On Dec 08, 2019
immhotep:

Here is Rotimi Amaechi hustling to claim his Igbo heritage. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yriYzb61PEM

Cc lzaa gmbuharii afamed helinues greenback metaphysical imiski

Politics is your eg of Amechi claiming Igbo ? Ndo. And when they go to their villages for proper cultural rites, what you hear is Ikwerre ethnic group. What does that tell you ?
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Odingo1: 6:08pm On Dec 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
If they like let them keep on dividing theirselves, people will only take them serious when they start speaking Bini language instead of Igbo. Then stop giving their children Igbo names but rather Bini names.

9 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by midnighter(f): 6:11pm On Dec 08, 2019
OgaBuhari:
I don't understand the gibberish u put up there, perhaps that's an igbo language that we Anioma in Delta State can't comprehend.
I'm Anioma from Delta State and I'm not igbo neither do we relate in any way.

cheesy
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 08, 2019
gregyboy:

You see your name sound edo

Osa=( benin) god

I said take time.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Odingo1: 6:12pm On Dec 08, 2019
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Politics is your eg of Amechi claiming Igbo ? Ndo. And when they go to their villages for proper cultural rites, what you hear is Ikwerre ethnic group. What does that tell you ?
Nobody is dragging wether Ikwerre is an ethnic group or not, what is on the table is that the language which they called Ikwerre, which they speak is an Igbo language.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Muhammad Ibrahim Is Dead (Planned Parenthood Executive Director) / 2 Sons Of CJN Tanko Win PDP & APC National Assembly Tickets / Xenophobia: FG Gives Loan, 9GB Data, N40,000 Airtime To South African Returnees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.