Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum (53862 Views)

Lockdown: Buhari Meets Task Force, Keeps Mum On Extension / Hope Uzodinma’s Travel Ban, N4.3bn Fraud Case: FG Keeps Mum / Jonathan Keeps Mum After Meeting With Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum by chibaby1985(f): 11:32pm On Dec 26, 2019
Army keeps mum as ISWAP executes 11 Christian captives in North East

THE Nigerian Army has maintained sealed lips hours after reports emerged that 11 captives in the den of Islamic State of West Africa Province, (ISWAP) were executed on Christmas Day.

Neither the Defence Headquarters (DHQ) nor the Nigerian Army could react to the development when Vanguard sought their reactions on Thursday.

The acting Director of Defence Information, Brig. Onyema Nwachukwu, while responding to Vanguard’s inquiry on the veracity or otherwise of the report, referred the matter to the Nigerian Army, saying it was the army’s place to react.

But several calls made to the known mobile phone line of the acting Director of Army Public Relations, Col. Sagir Musa, were not answered.
A follow-up text message sent to the number was yet to be responded to at the time of filing this report.

The ISWAP fighters were reported to have executed 11 captives in its den on Christmas Day.

Ahmad Salkida, a conflict journalist renowned for his monitoring of terrorist activities in Nigeria’s northeast, had said the captives were executed on Christmas Day.

According to Salkida, who disclosed this in his website @ salkida.com, said ISWAP claimed the captives were executed “as a revenge for the killings of our leaders, including Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and Abul-Hasan Al-Muhajir in Iraq and Syria.”

“But conflict journalists and researchers, including Jacob Zenn, said ‘it is possible ISIS ordered ISWAP to kill them’ as it had intervened in other hostage situations,” he said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/12/army-keeps-mum-as-iswap-executes-11-christian-captives-in-north-east/?fbclid=IwAR0kOPl7wsEk72ISGDDLf_St1j-zAl9Lqxb2-X_BBqL6LQ57NtCB3AjG9-4

4 Likes

Re: ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum by GamalNasser: 11:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
Whether we like it or there is a Jihad currently going on in Nigeria and the FG is in cahoots

354 Likes 23 Shares

Re: ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum by chibaby1985(f): 11:39pm On Dec 26, 2019
He, however, debunked claims by the terror group that all the victims are Christians.

“Not all 11 of the victims are Christians as claimed by the group, there were three Muslims and 10 Christians that appeared in the captured video on the 17th December,” Salkida said in a post on his website.

“The terrorist group claimed that they spared the lives of two persons that appeared in the earlier video, but did not give their names.

“However, a careful assessment of the video revealed that Suwaiba Kashimu from Nasarawa state, and one other male, were apparently not amongst those killed on Christmas,” Salkida wrote.

“The decision to execute the captives was rather swift, abrupt and shocking. ISWAP had reportedly opened a window of negotiations ostensibly to exchange the freedom of the captives with those of its members in government custody but the Nigerian government failed to take the offer.”

The killing comes few hours after Boko Haram jihadists killed seven people on Christmas Eve in a raid on a Christian village near the town of Chibok in Borno State.

Dozens of fighters driving trucks and motorcycles stormed into Kwarangulum late Tuesday, shot fleeing residents and burnt homes after looting food supplies.

Boko Haram and its IS-affiliated Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) faction have recently stepped up attacks on military and civilian targets.

Fiery PICTURES here, viewers discretion advised:

https://ebeanonews..com/2019/12/army-keeps-mum-as-iswap-executes-11.html?m=1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum by SadiqBabaSani: 12:01am On Dec 27, 2019
Hmm

1 Like

Re: ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum by unity004(m): 1:09am On Dec 27, 2019
fake News grin Bloggers at work

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum by tollyboy5(m): 1:13am On Dec 27, 2019
we need to edit the Quran and Bible to accept common sense moral value. these two books has contributed more harm to common sense! angry

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum by Kingspin(m): 3:20am On Dec 27, 2019
I don't know why terrorism exists in a particular religion.

RUGA, CJN, Boko Haram etc. The energy they are using to promote killing if they can use them and go into the manufacture of plane, car or put them into the farming business.

Nigeria would have been great long ago.

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum by ogbuefi677(m): 5:52am On Dec 27, 2019
tollyboy5:
we need to edit the Quran and Bible to accept common sense moral value. these two books has contributed more harm to common sense! angry
Be courageous and tell us the Quran is a terror manual.
Remove the bible from your talk

389 Likes 39 Shares

Re: ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum by Sirjamo: 6:25am On Dec 27, 2019
ogbuefi677:

Be courageous and tell us the Quran is a terror manual.
Remove the bible from your talk
"I tell you that to everyone who has, more shall be given, but from the one who does not have, even what he does have, more shall be taken away. BUT THESE ENEMIES OF MINE WHO DOES NOT WANT ME TO REIGN OVER THEM, BRING THEM BEFORE ME AND SLAY THEM" (Luke 19: 26 - 27)
That was Jesus speaking in the new testament, asking his deciples to " bring my enemies before me and slay them." Many Christians had used such verses in the Bible against other faith adherents before: The crusaders used it against Muslims and Jews, the Nazies used it against Jews, recently, the Bosnian Christians used it against Bosnian Muslims.

Of course, I took the verse out of it historical context, and that is what every Muslim terrorists also do with the Quran, they single out the part that suite there lunacy and used it as justification for there madness.

94 Likes 15 Shares

Re: ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum by Racoon(m): 6:34am On Dec 27, 2019
This was the correct assertion of the American govt as they have sufficient intel.Meanwhile no reasonable Nigerian need this to know that islamic jihad is ongoing.

And some gullible Nigerians don't believe that a systematic genocide & destruction of the Military(esp. Southern Christains) is actively ongoing under this satanic government?

Imagine the swiftness these terrorists use in senselessly executing our poor military & civilians alike, yet the same govt of Maj.Gen.Buhari(Rtd) is lying to this nation with all manners of rhetoric that this terrorist network have long been defeated.

Meanwhile, they are paying them staggering ransom, releasing them as "repented,rehabilitated &deradicalized" BH members?? Giving terrorists unparalleled luxury? sad
The only good terrorist is a dead terrorist.

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum by helinues: 6:45am On Dec 27, 2019
ISWAP have been feeling the heat from our Army lately, hence the propaganda videos.

There days are numbered..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum by Nobody: 6:56am On Dec 27, 2019
shocked

Burutai nd Gen. Biu should call his Kanuri terrorist brothers to order.
Keshim Shettima nd Ali Modu Sheriff will never die a peaceful death
If Governor Zullum was governor when Shettima was governor Boko Haram would have been forgotten by now.

10 Likes

Re: ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 7:42am On Dec 27, 2019
The world will have peace when Islam is eradicated

69 Likes 11 Shares

Re: ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:46am On Dec 27, 2019
embarassed Too bad.

[b]One of my kinsman was amongst those abducted. A very nice man who sells hair attachment at Monday market here in Maiduguri.

May God give his family the strength to bear this irreparable loss.

But Buhari why can't you sack all your service chiefs including security Advisers.

Funnily enough some of these service chiefs and security advisers are from Borno and most of them can never visit their villages embarassed

Buhari ISWAP controls several LGAs here in Borno oooooooh. Creating a military base in the headquaters of a Local government does not mean the military controls that LGA, there are several villages in that LGA where ISWAP are breeding. ISWAP dont sleep in the open or under the trees ooooh.

I work in Monguno my President and just 3kilometers outskirts of this town towards Marte LGA is a death sentence. Should i mention Kukawa and Cross? Should i mention the Headquarters Gudzamala LGA? I dont want to even mention Baga, Doron Baga and even the Dreaded Doron naira Island.

My President do something

[/b]

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum by GamalNasser: 7:51am On Dec 27, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:
embarassed Too bad.

One of my kinsman was amongst those abducted. A very nice man who sells hair attachment at Monday market here in Maiduguri.

May God give his family the strength to bear this irreparable loss.

Ohh that must be the Mr Okoye I saw in the list ..

So sad

4 Likes

Re: ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum by GamalNasser: 7:52am On Dec 27, 2019
helinues:
ISWAP have been feeling the heat from our Army lately, hence the propaganda videos.

Shut up

40 Likes

Re: ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:01am On Dec 27, 2019
helinues:

Heat? grin

Make i keep mum.

20 Likes

Re: ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:04am On Dec 27, 2019
According to Salkida, who disclosed this in his website @ salkida.com, said ISWAP claimed the captives were executed “as a revenge for the killings of our leaders, including Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and Abul-Hasan Al-Muhajir in Iraq and Syria.”

“But conflict journalists and researchers, including Jacob Zenn, said ‘it is possible ISIS ordered ISWAP to kill them’ as it had intervened in other hostage situations,” he said.
This need to be properly investigated.
We need to know more.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum by Patrioticman007(m): 8:04am On Dec 27, 2019
What an evil set militants/terrorists, these animals have been killing thousands of innocent Muslims, without media attentions they crave, however with the killings of innocent Christians victims they are now competing with Al bagdadi led Isis & Joseph Kone led Lord Resistance Army Christian terrorist group. These murderers are now international. May Allah grant the victims family, the fortitude to bear the loss & Nigerian government needs to up its security counter measures.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:04am On Dec 27, 2019
NimrodEndOfDays:
The world will have peace when Islam is eradicated
Respect the religion of others.

That is the way Christ taught us!

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum by Flamzey00(m): 8:04am On Dec 27, 2019
SOooo what should we do now about it? Start finding ways to eradicate islam.... i don't understand Oooo but i know that Muslims are useless

6 Likes

GamalNasser:
Whether we like it or there is a Jihad currently going on in Nigeria and the FG is aware
...guess it is only going on in your Compound.
Let's see what jihad looks like in pictures please Mr Gama!

Una go just open mouth dey yarn nonsense from on top una mat for village.

You will see jihad and be able to type from your hut.
Rubbish!

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum by Humphrizy(m): 8:04am On Dec 27, 2019
All dx terrorists no wan gree make person drink water keep cup in dx country.

One thing is sure... There shall be no peace for the wicked

4 Likes

Re: ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum by TechCapon(m): 8:05am On Dec 27, 2019
unity004:
fake News grin Bloggers at work
mumu. So vanguard is a blogger

21 Likes

Re: ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum by visijo(m): 8:05am On Dec 27, 2019
Oh no what a sad news!

1 Like

Re: ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 27, 2019
GamalNasser:
Whether we like it or there is a Jihad currently going on in Nigeria and the FG is aware

Jihad?

1 Like

Re: ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum by sotall(m): 8:06am On Dec 27, 2019
RIP to the dead
Re: ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum by Omololu001: 8:06am On Dec 27, 2019
kiss
Re: ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum by RichBoy247: 8:07am On Dec 27, 2019
GamalNasser:

Yes, the same one that is going on in US that is making Al-Qaeda and ISIS kill every now and then.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum by Roon9(m): 8:08am On Dec 27, 2019
It is well... I shar know it won't end here on earth
Re: ISWAP Executes 11 Christian Captives On Christmas Day In North, Army Keeps Mum by Subzero047: 8:08am On Dec 27, 2019
helinues:

Propaganda videos??

They killed 13 people in the video, are you okay?

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Aba Made Bullet Proof Vest (Photos) / APC Governors, Fayose Meet With Wike In Port Harcourt (More Pictures) / Yinka Ayefele's Building Demolition: Atiku Abubakar Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.