Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,375 members, 7,836,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption (40423 Views)

Surrendered Repentant Boko Haram Terrorists Go On Violent Riot Over Cow Meat / Abdulaziz Nyako: I'm A Herdsman & A Senator, You Must Ban Cow Meat First Before / Herdsmen Attack Uwheru Community, Ban Cow Meat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by abbey621(m): 7:17pm On Feb 24, 2020
Illiteracy/ignorance is Africa's biggest ailment. Imagine learned and respectable political office holders believing a problem can only be solved by further imposing more restrictions on its citizens. So today it is cow, what tomorrow? Chicken, cars, jean, etc?

3 Likes

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by BanevsJoker(m): 7:17pm On Feb 24, 2020
aremuforlife:

This is not great news most of our people are also doing business in their region.
What if the boycott their business as well?
Of course it had to be an Aremu. Not surprised at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by blackboy(m): 7:18pm On Feb 24, 2020
See anywhere they are selling meat in Delta or Asaba to be precise , crowd go plenty.
Get meat from approved sources . Not banning.
Are there no farms in Delta that have cows or beef producing animals. If not, the commissioner of agriculture should be replaced
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 24, 2020
One of the most useless decision any sitting governor will be taken. What about creating ranches and making herdsmen roaming your state jobless.
What source of animal protein will be available for your people.

1 Like

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by streetsoldier1(m): 7:19pm On Feb 24, 2020
chariisGRACE:
Wow!

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BAN THE SALE OF BEEF because:

Beef is the No. 1 source of meet for the common man (Beef is the cheapest among other source of meat like the goat, chicken and turkey).

If Okowa bans beef, wetin people go chop?

The best thing to do is to create their own Amotekun or ban open grazing. (Even the open grazing no go work)

Thank you.

They are trying to save the lives of the poor, yet they are still the one complaining, if not for security reasons, for sake of health too, it should be banned.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by bmdmixer: 7:19pm On Feb 24, 2020
see foolish idea

1 Like

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Awaja(m): 7:19pm On Feb 24, 2020
The best proactive move so far ,they should not be deterred in its implementation.

3 Likes

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Sokosuji: 7:19pm On Feb 24, 2020
tsdarkside:
delta should build up their own cow herders....

this northern herdsmen must go....
this clashes is realy gettin too much....

people that rather kill than report if something wrong was done to them must go....
you are a terrorist for saying this bad things about baba and his cattlemen..

Python dance fall upon you angry
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by nick50(m): 7:20pm On Feb 24, 2020
Correct governor ..willie obiano please do the needful

2 Likes

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Okoroawusa: 7:20pm On Feb 24, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:
I don ban beef for my house as my Lenten mortification.

Make Fulani herdsmen chop their beef
For your mind you are a Christian abi?
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 24, 2020
Okoroawusa:

For your mind you are a Christian abi?

No Chrislam
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Comedian2019: 7:23pm On Feb 24, 2020
aremuforlife:
What stop the deltans from going into cow rearing business?
Why banning sales of beef in the state?
The Governor should support the indigenes to start cow ranching. That would provide healthy meat and will automatically phase out consumption of sick cows paraded by fulani herders.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Sokosuji: 7:23pm On Feb 24, 2020
aremuforlife:

This is not great news most of our people are also doing business in their region.
your people doing business there are killing and raping with abandon?

1 Like

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by gaddafe(m): 7:23pm On Feb 24, 2020
Malawian:

How is beef the cheapest? Buy 1 full Chicken of 1,500 and beef of 1,500 and the difference will be like 7up.

I full chicken 1500? Na layer or boiler?

Bro cow meat is way cheaper. I've properly investigated this before as I'm into poultry business. The guy is correct. But I wish you were right though
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by CoolAmbience(m): 7:24pm On Feb 24, 2020
Xisnin:

Who is more foolish than a man who values eating beef than saving life?

Please, tell me the part of the world where beef is not eaten.

Have you even seen 'real' beef consumption? How much beef do we even consume in Nigeria?

For a government, this should not be a priority, especially if it is in reaction to acts of extremism and violence by a few unruly herdsmen. It makes no sense at all.

Air pollution kills 7 million people every year, according to UNEP. Nigeria is today Africa's most polluted country, and ranks among the top 10 most polluted countries in the world.

What is Delta state and Nigeria doing about that? There was a proposal to the Delta state governor over two years ago regarding 'Green Cooling' in view of preventing thousands of tons carbon emissions into the atmosphere and enhancing public health. What has the governor done about it? The proposal is wrapped with unique skills training and sustainable jobs for at least 200 youths in Delta state. What has been done about that?

Na beef be their problem...abeg, make dem shift!
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Aladdin1(m): 7:24pm On Feb 24, 2020
YES!! Delta is my state and i support the ban of fulani semen-infested cowmeatHighly commendable and long overdue.ban the smelling and poisonous fulani semen- infested and overfucked nonsense cow meat.see how the demonic fulani herdsmen are ravaging everywhere in nigeria.destroying peoples farms and livelihood,raping women and killing and maiming people anyhow.ban the cows that the fulanis have overraped and they would kill that same ritual meat to sell to our people to eat.WHAT ABOMINATION!!!

3 Likes

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by vincentjk(m): 7:24pm On Feb 24, 2020
sapientia:
There you have it.

When I call them clown, some insult me.

See their solution.

So if rice, beans or fowls farmers start killing people too, you ban the products without going for them abi.

Nonsense and ingredients.

Mitchewww

Stop running your mouth and provide a solution since you're condemning them oga

1 Like

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 24, 2020
agabusta:
This seems too extreme.

Banning eating of meat is infringing on people's fundamental rights.

Why not just ban open grazing? And then follow it up to the letter?
This is war and rights are bendable in times like this. I hope you have been observing the nation lately. Even the constitution is powerless.

3 Likes

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Rapmoney(m): 7:25pm On Feb 24, 2020
aremuforlife:

'Most of our people?' Who be 'our people?' Speak for yourself because I'm very sure you are not a Deltan, neither are you from South-South!

1 Like

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Ramsak1: 7:26pm On Feb 24, 2020
Xoo aw will ur swears help anytin nw...make ur own reasonable contribution if u av one to make nd if not you move on[quoRomante author=sapientia post=86924151]There you have it.

When I call them clown, some insult me.

See their solution.

So if rice, beans or fowls farmers start killing people too, you ban the products without going for them abi.

Nonsense and ingredients.

Mitchewww[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by CanadaOrBust: 7:28pm On Feb 24, 2020
VERY GOOD!!!

The whole South should follow suit!

It causes cancer anyway

4 Likes

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by antibullshit: 7:28pm On Feb 24, 2020
its about fucking time! I boycotted beef 2 years ago,

3 Likes

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by wiseoneking: 7:28pm On Feb 24, 2020
chariisGRACE:
Wow!

Beef is the No. 1 source of meet for the common man (Beef is the cheapest among other source of meat like the goat, chicken and turkey).

The best thing to do is to create their own Amotekun or ban open grazing. (Even the open grazing no go work)

Thank you.
Amotekun is the solution to everything in Nigeria. Amotekun will stop herdsman killing, bokoharam and poverty to some extent. Amotekun should also be extended to other west Africa countries as well as in Europe and America to deal with Terrorism. Amotekun has come to stay. Amotekun could be adopted be UNITED NATIONS
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by fidebaby(f): 7:28pm On Feb 24, 2020
Cow meat that is too sweet e think say e easy
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Reference(m): 7:29pm On Feb 24, 2020
chariisGRACE:
Wow!

Thank you.

Beef is not cheap anywhere in the south. By the way goat meat it healthier.... but I simply cannot stand the gamey aroma and will not touch it except the meat is heavily sedated... Sorry spiced...

Okowa should drive the state to massive animal husbandry since these herdsmen refuse to become cowboys and ranch their beasts.

3 Likes

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by obailala(m): 7:30pm On Feb 24, 2020
Sometimes I wonder why governors in the south are too scared to make statements like this or to take a stand. Kudos to Okowa for taking a stand and speaking out!

3 Likes

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Comedian2019: 7:33pm On Feb 24, 2020
antibullshit:
its about fucking time! I boycotted beef 2 years ago,
Same here. I realize that chicken is even cheaper and healthier.

1 Like

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Reference(m): 7:33pm On Feb 24, 2020
Comedian2019:

The Governor should support the indigenes to start cow ranching. That would provide healthy meat and will automatically phase out consumption of sick cows paraded by fulani herders.

A better option. I am not a fan of blanket bans. The State can support investors to raise cattle the civilised way and the herdsmenace will.die naturally.

1 Like

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Okoroawusa: 7:34pm On Feb 24, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

No Chrislam
Betty for you
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Comedian2019: 7:35pm On Feb 24, 2020
Reference:

A better option. I am not a fan of blanket bans. The State can support investors to raise cattle the civilised way and the herdsmenace will.die naturally.
Exactly
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by naijafun: 7:35pm On Feb 24, 2020
For your projects and Assignments...connect with me on whassap....08135939991.....
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by AreaFada2: 7:36pm On Feb 24, 2020
Let's see how it goes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter / Tambuwal Commissions Rumalogu-Alakahia Road Wike Built (Pics) / Michael Arowosaiye Suicide: Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To Death Of RCCG Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.