Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,385 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption (40418 Views)

Surrendered Repentant Boko Haram Terrorists Go On Violent Riot Over Cow Meat / Abdulaziz Nyako: I'm A Herdsman & A Senator, You Must Ban Cow Meat First Before / Herdsmen Attack Uwheru Community, Ban Cow Meat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 24, 2020
Over to Deltans
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by gozzlin: 7:04pm On Feb 24, 2020
grin
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by CoolAmbience(m): 7:04pm On Feb 24, 2020
Xisnin:
Okowa about to make the most important move of his career.
I have suggested that all states affected by herdsmen crisis ban the buying and selling of beef.
Apart from being dangerous to human health and longevity, it is fueling the killing of innocent people.

There is nothing as effective as an economic blockade since the killers are being protected by federal machinery.
I hope he can see it through.

Both you and the government of Delta state are unserious.

Make una carry una foolishness go abeg!

4 Likes

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 24, 2020
Herders really unleashed terror in the delta community, killing many. Their excesses are getting out of hand. Buhari their brothers can't be in power forever

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Kubernetes: 7:07pm On Feb 24, 2020
agabusta:
This seems too extreme.

Banning eating of meat is infringing on people's fundamental rights.

Why not just ban open grazing? And then follow it up to the letter?

I think it's because of the open hatred he has for hausa Fulani.
If not how can a sane person think in such an imaginable way.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Renforce: 7:07pm On Feb 24, 2020
chariisGRACE:
Wow!

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BAN THE SALE OF BEEF because:

Beef is the No. 1 source of meet for the common man (Beef is the cheapest among other source of meat like the goat, chicken and turkey).

If Okowa bans beef, wetin people go chop?

The best thing to do is to create their own Amotekun or ban open grazing. (Even the open grazing no go work)

Thank you.

To hell with beef. Pork is there

3 Likes

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Xano(m): 7:08pm On Feb 24, 2020
chariisGRACE:
Wow!

Beef is the No. 1 source of meet for the common man (Beef is the cheapest among other source of meat like the goat, chicken and turkey).

The best thing to do is to create their own Amotekun or ban open grazing. (Even the open grazing no go work)

Thank you.

There is goat and ram meat

2 Likes

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by sexiestharam(f): 7:08pm On Feb 24, 2020
chariisGRACE:
Wow!

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by yeyeosoronga: 7:08pm On Feb 24, 2020
Interesting...
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Xisnin(m): 7:08pm On Feb 24, 2020
CoolAmbience:

Both you and the government of Delta state are unserious.

Make una carry una foolish go Abeg!

Who is more foolish than a man who values eating beef than saving life?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Subzero047: 7:08pm On Feb 24, 2020
chariisGRACE:
Wow!

Thank you.

Delta is a riverine area they will chop plenty of fish

Besides what is a poor man's business with meat?

1 Like

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:09pm On Feb 24, 2020
chariisGRACE:
Wow!

Thank you.
Pork is the cheapest meat please and not beef and it's way tastier and healthier.

2 Likes

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Xano(m): 7:10pm On Feb 24, 2020
agabusta:
This seems too extreme.

Banning eating of meat is infringing on people's fundamental rights.

Why not just ban open grazing? And then follow it up to the letter?

I kindly ask you not to say such to families who were attacked, fathers, mothers, daughters and sons killed.

2 Likes

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by CHIDOHSKI: 7:11pm On Feb 24, 2020
chariisGRACE:
Wow!

Thank you.
Amotekun has not done any job or had an encounter with herdsmen for us to know whether it is the way to go.

7 Likes

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by itsme01: 7:11pm On Feb 24, 2020
cool

Fulani are pushing people to react and when they react they start criticizing the reaction, if you cant sell your meat in peace, then you are making it important for alternatives like poultry and fish to be adopted and used to substitute beef

2 Likes

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Amatrillion: 7:11pm On Feb 24, 2020
This is a welcome development. A very creative and proactive idea.

2 Likes

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Xisnin(m): 7:11pm On Feb 24, 2020
chariisGRACE:
Wow!

Thank you.
Anything can be banned!
Beef is not food and is a dangerous addition to people's diets.
From obesity to high blood pressure, beef is the cause.
People who wants to live long are avoiding beef.

3 Likes

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by MoIbrahim: 7:11pm On Feb 24, 2020
Trying to cut the nose to spite the face grin
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Sonnobax15(m): 7:11pm On Feb 24, 2020
sapientia:
There you have it.

When I call them clown, some insult me.

See their solution.

So if rice, beans or fowls farmers start killing people too, you ban the products without going for them abi.

Nonsense and ingredients.

Mitchewww
Aboki,can u listen to yourself...easy to say trash because u aren't affected?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by chewwie(m): 7:12pm On Feb 24, 2020
Is that the road Okowa is supposed to construct for us?
Instead of putting thousands of women out of jobs, the government should rear her own cattle and sell to the people.

2 Likes

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by charles614: 7:12pm On Feb 24, 2020
Fulani herders right now

1 Like

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Alabasidi9: 7:12pm On Feb 24, 2020
[s]
itsme01:
cool

Fulani are pushing people to react and when they react they start criticizing the reaction, if you cant sell your meat in peace, then you are making it important for alternative like poultry and fish to be adopted and used to substitute beef

[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Injera(f): 7:13pm On Feb 24, 2020
Ojiofor:
Why can't local businessmen from every state buy cows directly from the North and sale to consumers in their various states . Let the Fulanis keep their cows in their home states.
Fulani's are claiming ownership of Nigeria and are ready to finish what uthman Dan fodio started
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Enice(m): 7:13pm On Feb 24, 2020
Xisnin:
I have suggested that all states affected by herdsmen crisis ban the buying and selling of beef.
Apart from being dangerous to human health and longevity, it is fueling the killing of innocent people.

There is nothing as effective as an economic blockade since the killers are being protected by federal machinery.

trash. nobody, not even the FG can ban the sale and consumption of cow meat. it is part of ones fundamental right to eat whatever one chooses so long as it can be bought legally from the market.

2 Likes

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by 0taPiaPia(m): 7:14pm On Feb 24, 2020
A policy like this should be heavily followed up by serious investment in alternatives like insentives for poultry, goat and pig farming... Watch how that industry would blossom in no time.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by hope4nigeria(m): 7:14pm On Feb 24, 2020
Xisnin:

and the most funniest thing is, Christians who are victims are the once consuming cow meet most.

3 Likes

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Agwoden(m): 7:14pm On Feb 24, 2020
chariisGRACE:
Wow!

Thank you.
Is it not someone that is alive that eat meat?. I rather stay alive without meat than...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by hisgrace090: 7:14pm On Feb 24, 2020
Ojiofor:
Why can't local businessmen from every state buy cows directly from the North and sale to consumers in their various states . Let the Fulanis keep their cows in their home states.

Supported!
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by JubrinElSudan: 7:16pm On Feb 24, 2020
The issue is how to relocate the herdsmen that are already domiciled in Delta bushes if the ban comes into play
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Asour: 7:17pm On Feb 24, 2020
Xisnin:

How's meat dangerous to human health?

You do know that not all humans are above 45/50 yrs with cholesterol related health challenges right?

Young humans need meat too.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Keenmind2019(m): 7:17pm On Feb 24, 2020
Badmod:
That dosen't sound good to me.
The state can make it compulsory to obtain a license before starting livestock or cattle rearing biz,you just legitimately give out license to only Deltans...
Smart
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 24, 2020
I don ban beef for my house as my Lenten mortification.

Make Fulani herdsmen chop their beef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos: Senators Chris Ngige, Ararume Visit To Congratulate Rochas / President Buhari Arrives Lagos State (Photos) / Nigeria Will Be Africa's First Global Superpower - Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.