Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,468 members, 7,836,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption (40426 Views)

Surrendered Repentant Boko Haram Terrorists Go On Violent Riot Over Cow Meat / Abdulaziz Nyako: I'm A Herdsman & A Senator, You Must Ban Cow Meat First Before / Herdsmen Attack Uwheru Community, Ban Cow Meat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Zionbel(m): 8:10pm On Feb 24, 2020
"Wow!

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BAN THE SALE OF BEEF because:

Beef is the No. 1 source of meet for the common man (Beef is the cheapest among other source of meat like the goat, chicken and turkey).

If Okowa bans beef, wetin people go chop?

The best thing to do is to create their own Amotekun or ban open grazing. (Even the open grazing no go work)

Thank you.
"

Look at you! Sympathetic to killers because of food.No difference between you and the Israelites of old who rather suffer and die in Egypt because they ate cucumber, carrot, etc there than going to the promised land.
But if you value cow meat over lives, then happy eating. Eat and die. I thought you'll suggest that indigenes should rather rear cattle and ban Fulani herdsmen from rearing cattle in our domain. There are several source of beef which are even cheaper.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by nextstep(m): 8:11pm On Feb 24, 2020
Very good. Let's do it.
Although we should not forget that a lot of the sellers are Deltans...
Also, we should be sure we have enough alternatives (goat, rams, chicken, pork, fish) otherwise the prices will rise astronomically.

I'm in full support... when was saying back in 2018... we should stop eating cow meat (or raise it ourselves) - I was laughed out of the topic. Let's see how this plays out.

Ndi be ayin... this is the time to show us that you're not just talkers.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 24, 2020
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by pk2me: 8:16pm On Feb 24, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:
I don ban beef for my house as my Lenten mortification.

Make Fulani herdsmen chop their beef
start your motification from your username.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by 2shure: 8:24pm On Feb 24, 2020
Time for ogunfe(goat meat)
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Lugianostar(m): 8:25pm On Feb 24, 2020
This is the great news i have ever heard since 1960 sha!!!

Let the process begin please.

We await it's implementation please
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by TIMMZROYAL: 8:29pm On Feb 24, 2020
Sometime we make some moves that are far different from what the people really need, how can u even think of that when u haven’t been able to ban herders in your state first. If not b nonsense wey u Governors are doing why cant u own a ranch and make beaf self sufficient in ur state u are here coming up with laws that will bit ur people we dont train pigs in my village but that doesn’t stop people from buying the meat if seen anywhere. If eh sure for this guy as a Governor he should ban all public grazing and send any noon indigenous herders parking by then we wi know u sabi watin u dey do
dre11:

https://leadership.ng/2020/02/24/delta-govt-plans-law-to-ban-sale-consumption-of-beef/
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by SamOyovwi: 8:34pm On Feb 24, 2020
Why the ban dey pain you. You be like Fulani herdsman o
sapientia:
There you have it.

When I call them clowns, some insult me.

See their solution.

So if rice, beans or fowls farmers start killing people too, you ban the products without going for them abi.

Nonsense and ingredients.

Mitchewww
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Judybash93(m): 8:34pm On Feb 24, 2020
You mean 'beef'
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Chiboto414: 8:41pm On Feb 24, 2020
EdoBoyJazzie:
It should be banned in all the southern states.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Nadio2019: 8:41pm On Feb 24, 2020
Xisnin:
Okowa about to make the most important move of his career.
I have suggested that all states affected by herdsmen crisis ban the buying and selling of beef.
Apart from being dangerous to human health and longevity, it is fueling the killing of innocent people.

There is nothing as effective as an economic blockade since the killers are being protected by federal machinery.
I hope he can see it through.

Myetti Allah needed to know that pork is fast taking the place of beef in southern regions of Nigeria.

Fulani Herdsmen refuse to embrace modern cattle rearing method because of inborn Fulani desires to occupy other people's lands through govt of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by SciLab: 8:41pm On Feb 24, 2020
tsdarkside:
delta should build up their own cow herders....

this northern herdsmen must go....
this clashes is realy gettin too much....

people that rather kill than report if something wrong was done to them must go....

E be like your darling abokkis don kill one of your brothers, this one wey your brain don enter reset mode. grin
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Nadio2019: 8:48pm On Feb 24, 2020
It's only a revisionist who would not go for pork which is cheaper, more nutritious and pig easier to breed, but insist on beef that's less nutritious but more expensive.

Moslems don't eat pork because they believe it contains more fats than beef owing to the heat in Arabian peninsula which does not support fatty foods.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by ozoebuka1(m): 8:49pm On Feb 24, 2020
fineboynl:
goat meat is cheaper than beef. a kilo of frozen chicken is also cheaper, fish also cheaper
How much is a kilo of chicken, i want to check something?
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by starz100: 8:55pm On Feb 24, 2020
Badmod:
That dosen't sound good to me.
The state can make it compulsory to obtain a license before starting livestock or cattle rearing biz,you just legitimately give out license to only Deltans...
banning is the first step. How do you send them packing at first? Before you ever start giving licence to Deltans you must have considerably expelled them

1 Like

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by xaggar(m): 8:55pm On Feb 24, 2020
Would it really put an end to kidnapping carried out by these people?

I feel the Fulani that engage in kidnapping don't rear cattle.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by aspirebig: 8:56pm On Feb 24, 2020
I feel the country is not truly independent.

Until, the people are truly free. People getting killed daily and kidnapped. Imagine.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Ojiofor: 9:05pm On Feb 24, 2020
felixedet:

I know you are not aware that Fulanis are strangers in NIGERIA.....

Uthman Dan Fodio came into Nigeria in 1809 AD killing, raping, burnning and conquering good and peaceful people.

Fulanis have no state in Nigeria.

They own Hausa land by conquest.Fulani are governors of most of Northwest and Northeast states, common,even your president is Fulani and if we allow them they will soon own southern Nigeria through conquest.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Kuficking: 9:12pm On Feb 24, 2020
Wow
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by xpool(m): 9:12pm On Feb 24, 2020
chariisGRACE:
Wow!

Beef is the No. 1 source of meet for the common man (Beef is the cheapest among other source of meat like the goat, chicken and turkey).

The best thing to do is to create their own Amotekun or ban open grazing. (Even the open grazing no go work)

Thank you.
It is achievable, we have our own native breed of cattle.
You can choose between your life and cow.meet
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Kez11: 9:13pm On Feb 24, 2020
sapientia:
There you have it.

When I call them clowns, some insult me.

See their solution.

So if rice, beans or fowls farmers start killing people too, you ban the products without going for them abi.

Nonsense and ingredients.

Mitchewww

How would farming rice, beans and fowls result in killing people? Abi dem dey graze rice, beans n fowl?

Moreover, the intended barn on cow meat is because there are many cheap, healthier close substitute to cow meat
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Kuficking: 9:14pm On Feb 24, 2020
Wow

Sodomy is worse than White Supremacy
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by xpool(m): 9:16pm On Feb 24, 2020
aremuforlife:

This is not great news most of our people are also doing business in their region.
What if the boycott their business as well?
We don't care!
Let them ban crude-oil/petroleum in their area.
Who cares
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Tuuns: 9:30pm On Feb 24, 2020
Most Deltans eat pigs

chariisGRACE:
Wow!

Thank you.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by petitejolie(f): 9:37pm On Feb 24, 2020
Good move.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by AfroKnight: 9:39pm On Feb 24, 2020
Kubernetes:

I think it's because of the open hatred he has for hausa Fulani.
If not how can a sane person think in such an imaginable way.

He has effectively controlled the movement of killer herdsmen.

If cow meat is illegal then herdsmen (the sellers) have no business in the state.

Other Fulanis can do their normal businesses, just not herdsmen who are killing people with impunity.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by AnanseK(m): 9:48pm On Feb 24, 2020
Xisnin:
I have suggested that all states affected by herdsmen crisis ban the buying and selling of beef.
Apart from being dangerous to human health and longevity, it is fueling the killing of innocent people.

There is nothing as effective as an economic blockade since the killers are being protected by federal machinery.

Rubbish. This cannot be a substitute to the development that Delta State desperately needs but doesn’t have despite the billions of Naira the Governor collects monthly from oil revenue.
I will consider him a serious person if establishes dairy farms and beef canning factories for export from Delta State and managed by well trained Delta indigenes.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by adonismuller(m): 9:50pm On Feb 24, 2020
Xisnin:

Do you know how many families that make a living by selling beef? Do you think everyone has money to buy turkey and bush meat? Learn to be rational in thinking!
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Reptyle(m): 9:58pm On Feb 24, 2020
dre11:

https://leadership.ng/2020/02/24/delta-govt-plans-law-to-ban-sale-consumption-of-beef/

Why don't we enact a law to behead everyone that has a headache or gut everyone that has a stomach ache while we are at it. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by abbey621(m): 10:01pm On Feb 24, 2020
SyrusdeHansome:

Get out!

Get in!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling / Tinubu Arrives For His Presidential Primary Screening (Video) / Taraba Bye-Election Results In Takum 1 - House Of Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.