Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,041 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption (40428 Views)

Surrendered Repentant Boko Haram Terrorists Go On Violent Riot Over Cow Meat / Abdulaziz Nyako: I'm A Herdsman & A Senator, You Must Ban Cow Meat First Before / Herdsmen Attack Uwheru Community, Ban Cow Meat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by MisterGrace: 2:41am On Feb 25, 2020
chariisGRACE:
Wow!

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BAN THE SALE OF BEEF because:

Beef is the No. 1 source of meet for the common man (Beef is the cheapest among other source of meat like the goat, chicken and turkey).

If Okowa bans beef, wetin people go chop?

The best thing to do is to create their own Amotekun or ban open grazing. (Even the open grazing no go work)

Thank you.

How old are you?
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by MisterGrace: 2:43am On Feb 25, 2020
agabusta:
This seems too extreme.

Banning eating of meat is infringing on people's fundamental rights.

Why not just ban open grazing? And then follow it up to the letter?

Don't let your meat addiction blind you. This plan is also futuristic.

Not for kids comprehension at the moment.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by MetaPhysical: 2:52am On Feb 25, 2020
Xisnin:
Okowa about to make the most important move of his career.
I have suggested that all states affected by herdsmen crisis ban the buying and selling of beef.
Apart from being dangerous to human health and longevity, it is fueling the killing of innocent people.

There is nothing as effective as an economic blockade since the killers are being protected by federal machinery.
I hope he can see it through.

I support Delta State's move. I agree with your input.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Chicastle: 3:41am On Feb 25, 2020
A prominent cattle rearar meaning he loves Cow than human
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Vado(m): 3:43am On Feb 25, 2020
Desperate times require desperate measures.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Chicastle: 3:44am On Feb 25, 2020
Governor Ezenwo Nyesom wike should follow up as well. To hit the bar
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by favour32(m): 4:47am On Feb 25, 2020
fineboynl:
goat meat is cheaper than beef. a kilo of frozen chicken is also cheaper, fish also cheaper
Nor say frozen chicken cheap o.
Frozen chicken na poison.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by yommen: 5:40am On Feb 25, 2020
chariisGRACE:
Wow!

Beef is the No. 1 source of meet for the common man (Beef is the cheapest among other source of meat like the goat, chicken and turkey).

The best thing to do is to create their own Amotekun or ban open grazing. (Even the open grazing no go work)

Thank you.

Why do you think like this? Isn't the safety of the people the most important first of all? By the time they kill all of the people self, who will be left to eat the meat or any food at all?
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Carioca: 6:22am On Feb 25, 2020
Juliusmalema:
Over to Deltans

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by chariisGRACE(m): 6:28am On Feb 25, 2020
MisterGrace:

How old are you?
I am 12 years old
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Yujin(m): 7:18am On Feb 25, 2020
Southerners are so funny. The Hausa/fulanis are daring you to do your worst yet you're looking for the weak man's response. It's a shame that you'll have to stop the livelihood of plenty of your people just at the attempt to discourage fulani militia from the brazen attacks on Southerners. What happens to all southern governors having a meeting where the issue is discussed and all herdsmen are asked to leave? I know the polity will be heated up. In the course of that, make laws that will keep the herdsmen away from your people. As a single block of Southern governors, whatever decision you make will be strong and difficult to challenge. These terrorist herdsmen are encouraged to kill our people recklessly by their sponsors. Why should we be passive in dealing with them? Fulani herdsmen don't spend a dime on food or water; most times they get these things at the expense of their host communities yet they still have the temerity to rob, rape and even kill people of those communities. Can't we see that we're at war with them? Shame on all Southerners supporting this boycott. It still won't solve the problem. Mark this my post. It's common knowledge that the Nigerian security apparatus protect them instead of arresting them yet, we don't sense any systemic conquest on-going. Are we bewitched? Are we lily-livered? What will it take before we face this issue head on?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by VEE2010(m): 8:34am On Feb 25, 2020
I think the government should think of a PP project of having a standard ranch rather than banning cow meat.
The northern herdsmen has no monopoly to sell cow meat.
They should adopt a viable model from south America to remedy this situation
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by asksteve(m): 8:40am On Feb 25, 2020
chariisGRACE:
Wow!

Thank you.

Did our fathers and grand fathers eat cow meat?
No, yet they live longer and remained healthier.

If removing cow meat from our cuisine will save the lives of our people, then what are the waiting for, let them bring it on.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by omoharry(f): 9:05am On Feb 25, 2020
dre11:

https://leadership.ng/2020/02/24/delta-govt-plans-law-to-ban-sale-consumption-of-beef/
Okowa is a coward..instead of him to think of how to enact laws in place in other to curb these beast in human skin skin, he is looking for weak way out that will not have any positive impact. Protection of lives and properties is his number one responsibilities. He so scared of the federal might that is why he does not want to come down hard on these Fulani heads men.
Oyo state is about to pass her anti grazing law in other to protect its citizens from these Fulani murderers but our coward leader Gov. Okowa does not have the liver to do that..Yeye governor...
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Xisnin(m): 9:13am On Feb 25, 2020
AnanseK:

Rubbish. This cannot be a substitute to the development that Delta State desperately needs but doesn’t have despite the billions of Naira the Governor collects monthly from oil revenue.
I will consider him a serious person if establishes dairy farms and beef canning factories for export from Delta State and managed by well trained Delta indigenes.
It will be rubbish to you because you don't value human lives.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Xisnin(m): 9:15am On Feb 25, 2020
adonismuller:
Do you know how many families that make a living by selling beef? Do you think everyone has money to buy turkey and bush meat? Learn to be rational in thinking!
SARS officers' families make a living from their extortion and torture.
Some families make a living packing sound from rivers which in turn leads to environmental problems.
Some even make a living kidnapping on highways.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Ladycewhy(f): 9:23am On Feb 25, 2020
Kubernetes:

I think it's because of the open hatred he has for hausa Fulani.
If not how can a sane person think in such an imaginable way.
so Hausa Fulanis have love for Deltans and the only way to show it is by killing Deltans abi? Corona virus kill you there angry
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Erastuslove: 9:25am On Feb 25, 2020
Okowa now getting more security conscious for his people before its too late......
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by guychidile: 10:32am On Feb 25, 2020
if u c as n do it,fine. thumbs up for you.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by maasoap(m): 10:38am On Feb 25, 2020
lastmessenger:
look at you and your Hippocratic reasoning. How many deltans will die for you and your likes will feel happy?

You are not getting my point. You can chase away all the herdsmen in Delta, that's not my problem. But no governor or any president has absolute power to legally stop people from eating meat. It will be classified as human rights abuse, simple. You can only call for boycott, appeal to residents or citizens.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by maasoap(m): 10:41am On Feb 25, 2020
lastmessenger:
look at you and your Hippocratic reasoning. How many deltans will die for you and your likes will feel happy?

You are getting my point. You can chase away all the herdsmen in Delta, that's not my problem. But no governor or any president has absolute power to legally stop people from eating meat. It will be classified as human rights abuse, simple. You can only call for boycott, appeal to residents or citizens.

Xisnin:

Don't compare Buhari with Okowa who is trying to legally solve a perennial problem.
I will not buy not eat beef while pretending to hate beef-related killings.
Neither will I oppose those trying to solve the problem while providing no viable alternative.

Legally? Don't make me laugh here. There is no way that can be made legal. He has choice to do what Benue state governor did. But can't legally stop the residents from eating meat. He can appeal to them to voluntarily stop eating meat
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by adeade83: 10:44am On Feb 25, 2020
dre11:

https://leadership.ng/2020/02/24/delta-govt-plans-law-to-ban-sale-consumption-of-beef/

I am full support of the total ban of the consumption of cow meat in the whole of SS, SW and SE. This crisis will cease if such an order is put in place.
The Southerners are the major consumer of this meat. More than 97% of this cow meat is consumed in Southern Nigeria. If it is banned, they will come for negotiation and the South will give them stiff conditions.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by lastmessenger: 10:53am On Feb 25, 2020
maasoap:

You are getting my point. You can chase away all the herdsmen in Delta, that's not my problem. But no governor or any president has absolute power to legally stop people from eating meat. It will be classified as human rights abuse, simple. You can only call for boycott, appeal to residents or citizens.
yes they don't have the power to stop people from eating cow meat but you all should remember that government have banned alcohol, stop okada and keke and they have reason,they want to better the life of their people. When human life is involved I think they can go the extreme and explore all options.
How can you possibly ask the governor to chase all Fulani's away from delta when we know that the army are ever ready to protect when they refuse to leave the state. Have herdsmen left Benue state?
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by maasoap(m): 11:13am On Feb 25, 2020
fineboynl:
you haven't been eating goat and chicken meat.

Goat meat is even considered "premium".
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Hasjam(m): 11:41am On Feb 25, 2020
that is what hatred does to someone, it beclouds their sense of reasoning without them noticing it. Otherwise how can banning the sale of beaf solve

the Farmers - Herders problem

1 Like

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Kubernetes: 1:31pm On Feb 25, 2020
executive12:

So you are ok with the killings and the fact that the Fulani killers are sponsored and protected by Buhari? What do you suggest that the Deltans do?

They should ban grazing but should not stop sale of cow meat.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by CoolAmbience(m): 1:41pm On Feb 25, 2020
dake40:

You are still struggling to make any sense. Insurgencies are happening all over the country and it's people like you who would raise foul voice on goverment, now a clever idea to combat this issue and all you can come about is this unsound piece you wrote.

Listen mate, when Government pass some laws, some people will be affected, and it's for the betterment of all.

Those affected should find a solution.....

Lgos banned Keke, does that stop people from living?

I am not surprised that your low IQ has failed you again.

What is complex about what I submitted earlier?

Why are you deviating to the Lagos issue? Besides, the ban on keke and okada in Lagos is limited to a few areas. Don't come here to misrepresent facts. There isn't a total ban of keke and okada in Lagos. As a matter of fact, there are significantly more areas where they can carryout their operations than where they cannot.

Importantly too, and for your clarification, insurgency is not all over Nigeria. While no one desires insurgency, no matter how small the area concerned is, I can boldly tell you that the area under substantial threat by insurgents is less than 2% the total land area of Nigeria.

Nobody is contending about government laws and all what not. We are talking about collective priorities, objectivity and socioeconomic impact of laws within the context of rights to legitimate livelihood, peaceful and harmonious existence.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by biggy26: 2:18pm On Feb 25, 2020
chariisGRACE:
Wow!

Thank you.
Is cattle farming only for fulani's? what they should do, is encourage their businessmen to go into ranching and support them. That's all.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by dake40(m): 3:17pm On Feb 25, 2020
CoolAmbience:

I am not surprised that your low IQ has failed you again.

What is complex about what I submitted earlier?

Why are you deviating to the Lagos issue? Besides, the ban on keke and okada in Lagos is limited to a few areas. Don't come here to misrepresent facts. There isn't a total ban of keke and okada in Lagos. As a matter of fact, there are significantly more areas where they can carryout their operations than where they cannot.

Importantly too, and for your clarification, insurgency is not all over Nigeria. While no one desires insurgency, no matter how small the area concerned is, I can boldly tell you that the area under substantial threat by insurgents is less than 2% the total land area of Nigeria.

Nobody is contending about government laws and all what not. We are talking about collective priorities, objectivity and socioeconomic impact of laws within the context of rights to legitimate livelihood, peaceful and harmonious existence.

Man, you are still contradicting yourself and you got the lowest IQ here (I never meant to be disrespectful but you deserved it)

. Did you travel to Mars when Herdsmen killed Farmers in Delta state?.

What led to the Creation of Amoketun in the south west?

So insurgencies happens in not more than 2 percent of total land area in Nigeria. Where did you get that from?

With the issues on ground, who knows their next plan?

The Herdsmen killing in almost all the 6 giopolitical zones of the federal are they from heaven?

The ban on okada does not affect all Lagos areas and I can't find any foul play in my comment.

To think of it, Are the people living in the affected locations not living their lifes after the ban?

Some times, some fundamental human rights are looked down upon if it will pave way for development.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by adonismuller(m): 8:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
Xisnin:

SARS officers' families make a living from their extortion and torture.
Some families make a living packing sound from rivers which in turn leads to environmental problems.
Some even make a living kidnapping on highways.
you are not SOUND!
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by AnanseK(m): 9:54pm On Feb 25, 2020
Most unintelligent and wrongly targeted response to the Herdsmen phenomenon. Impossible to enforce even if Delta State has a serious Government.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by CoolAmbience(m): 9:44am On Mar 01, 2020
dake40:

Man, you are still contradicting yourself and you got the lowest IQ here (I never meant to be disrespectful but you deserved it)

. Did you travel to Mars when Herdsmen killed Farmers in Delta state?.

What led to the Creation of Amoketun in the south west?

So insurgencies happens in not more than 2 percent of total land area in Nigeria. Where did you get that from?

With the issues on ground, who knows their next plan?

The Herdsmen killing in almost all the 6 giopolitical zones of the federal are they from heaven?

The ban on okada does not affect all Lagos areas and I can't find any foul play in my comment.

To think of it, Are the people living in the affected locations not living their lifes after the ban?

Some times, some fundamental human rights are looked down upon if it will pave way for development.

Free yourself from ethic bias.

Amokekun was not created to address insecurity by a particular ethnic group, but to stem insecurity in general terms, by complementing the efforts of security agencies in the Southwest.

You people must stop living the delusion that all crimes committed across the country are by herdsmen. I have lived in every part of this country, and I travel across the country regularly. What about ritual and cult-related violence and killings, armed robbery, assassination, human trafficking, child theft as well as kidnapping?

Recall the killing of Rev. Fr. Paul Offu in Awgu, Enugu state. It was blamed on herdsmen until some persons were apprehended. I want to ask, were they herdsmen or even from the North afterall? Please, research and give me the names of the suspects, since I have given you background information. I can give you more of such cases.

I am from the Southeast if you care to know. Crime has nothing to do with ethnicity. Are you trying to say that herdsmen are not being killed by farmers, ethnic militias and local vigilantes; or that they are immune to death?

Five months before Rev. Fr. Offu's gruesome murder, the parish priest of St. Mark's Catholic Church in Obinofia Ndiuno in Ezeagu LGA of Enugu state was killed.

While I can admit anywhere that there are some mindless herdsmen who hide under the guise of cattle herding to commit different crimes, I would never concede to the idea of giving ethnic colouration to crime.

Also, I am not surprised that despite your acclaimed 'superior' IQ, you see herdsmen killings as insurgency. While farmers-herdsmen crisis has lingered for decades, and has produced graver consequences for Nigeria, it is not the same as insurgency.

On the issue of ban by Lagos state, I think your suggestion that certain fundamental rights of humans could be overlooked or trampled in pursuit of development clearly confirms how 'high' your IQ is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

People's Reactions As Buhari Receives His WAEC Certificate (Memes) / Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week / Taraba Bye-Election Results In Takum 1 - House Of Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.