Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,467 members, 7,836,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption (40425 Views)

Surrendered Repentant Boko Haram Terrorists Go On Violent Riot Over Cow Meat / Abdulaziz Nyako: I'm A Herdsman & A Senator, You Must Ban Cow Meat First Before / Herdsmen Attack Uwheru Community, Ban Cow Meat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by gwinaB(m): 7:36pm On Feb 24, 2020
chariisGRACE:
Wow!

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BAN THE SALE OF BEEF because:

Beef is the No. 1 source of meet for the common man (Beef is the cheapest among other source of meat like the goat, chicken and turkey).

If Okowa bans beef, wetin people go chop?

The best thing to do is to create their own Amotekun or ban open grazing. (Even the open grazing no go work)

Thank you.

Only those alive can eat meat, if banning it means less violent death through activities of herdsmen, then it's a good decision until something is done by those saddle with security responsibility.

2 Likes

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Truthbites: 7:39pm On Feb 24, 2020
Fulanis should go to the north with their cow. Fish is enough for Deltans

3 Likes

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Ojiofor: 7:40pm On Feb 24, 2020
Injera:

Fulani's are claiming ownership of Nigeria and are ready to finish what uthman Dan fodio started

They intend to conquer southern Nigeria using cow as a weapon. Its left for us to allow them in like Hausa did.

3 Likes

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by friday2011(m): 7:40pm On Feb 24, 2020
dre11:

https://leadership.ng/2020/02/24/delta-govt-plans-law-to-ban-sale-consumption-of-beef/

But something is not clear to me ooo,

I leave in lagos, the cow meat we eat im lagos are being transported on a daily basis into lagos from the norh, cant other states find a way like that or close to that, me i dont support banning of cow meat consumption...

That will be too extreme.

This fulanis seff... There own too much, make buhari do something naa... Its so obvious that he cant do anything about them...

2023 don reach finish sha, it will be on record as the worst insensitive president Nigeria will ever have.

1 Like

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by dake40(m): 7:45pm On Feb 24, 2020
CoolAmbience:

Please, tell me the part of the world where beef is not eaten.

Have you even seen 'real' beef consumption? How much beef do we even consume in Nigeria?

For a government, this should not be a priority, especially if it is in reaction to acts of extremism and violence by a few unruly herdsmen. It makes no sense at all.

Air pollution kills 7 million people every year, according to UNEP. Nigeria is today Africa's most polluted country, and ranks among the top 10 most polluted countries in the world.

What is Delta state and Nigeria doing about that? There was a proposal to the Delta state governor over two years ago regarding 'Green Cooling' in view of preventing thousands of tons carbon emissions into the atmosphere and enhancing public health. What has the governor done about it? The proposal is wrapped with unique skills training and sustainable jobs for at least 200 youths in Delta state. What has been done about that?

Na beef be their problem...abeg, make dem shift!

You are still struggling to make any sense. Insurgencies are happening all over the country and it's people like you who would raise foul voice on goverment, now a clever idea to combat this issue and all you can come about is this unsound piece you wrote.

Listen mate, when Government pass some laws, some people will be affected, and it's for the betterment of all.

Those affected should find a solution.....

Lgos banned Keke, does that stop people from living?

3 Likes

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by lastmessenger: 7:46pm On Feb 24, 2020
agabusta:
This seems too extreme.

Banning eating of meat is infringing on people's fundamental rights.

Why not just ban open grazing? And then follow it up to the letter?
but we have alcohol banned in Muslim north and heaven did not fall.

4 Likes

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by klax(m): 7:46pm On Feb 24, 2020
I have said this long ago there are many alternative to cow meat people still consume it because its not yet ban if its ban people will have no choice than to take alternative better meat.

If these useless fula herds are not not economically rejected their brain will not reset well. The most strangeful thing is the Fula don't eat cow meat then why selling it to people and what is the secret behind their non consumption of cow meat

Lets everybody stop buying or consuming cow meat simple as that all their nasty flexing and killing of human in the name of grazing will shrink. Fula Herdsmen are crimiinals they can damn go to hell with their demonic cow meat.

3 Likes

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by upower123(m): 7:48pm On Feb 24, 2020
fineboynl:
goat meat is cheaper than beef. a kilo of frozen chicken is also cheaper, fish also cheaper
God bless you.. Nor mind them

1 Like

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by anonymous96: 7:48pm On Feb 24, 2020
sexiestharam:

They would eat fish. Many people actually hate beef and do not eat it. e.g, me.
Some people*..
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by OmoEpe(m): 7:51pm On Feb 24, 2020
If Nothern states can place a ban on sales of alcohol in their states without regards for the beer loving multitude in their states nothing stops delta from banning sales of beef within it's confines

Honestly this seems the best way to go

3 Likes

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by SaintNemesis(f): 7:51pm On Feb 24, 2020
So Hausa Fulani is synonymous with cows. Is Hausa-Fulani same as cows. I don't eat cows for health benefits but you should know we also have our own local ranchers too in Delta state. So instead of banning cow sales, he should ban herders from roaming about in the state, if you must engage in cattle rearing buy land and establish a ranch.
However, Whatever can stop these primitive murderous herdsmen in my state is welcome.
Recently Fulani herdsmen killed a rancher in a community in Delta state.

Kubernetes:

I think it's because of the open hatred he has for hausa Fulani.
If not how can a sane person think in such an imaginable way.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by felixedet(m): 7:51pm On Feb 24, 2020
Ojiofor:
Why can't local businessmen from every state buy cows directly from the North and sale to consumers in their various states . Let the Fulanis keep their cows in their home states.

I know you are not aware that Fulanis are strangers in NIGERIA.....

Uthman Dan Fodio came into Nigeria in 1809 AD killing, raping, burnning and conquering good and peaceful people.

Fulanis have no state in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Chimgoziem217(m): 7:51pm On Feb 24, 2020
The entity called Nigeria is at the edge of collapsing! May God help his people
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Izigha(m): 7:51pm On Feb 24, 2020
A full ban will be too hard on both business and diet. It will also create a lot of criminals as alot of folks will go into smuggling beef from other state. I think a ban on open grazing will be the more better option
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by dake40(m): 7:52pm On Feb 24, 2020
maoolakanm:
One of the most useless decision any sitting governor will be taken. What about creating ranches and making herdsmen roaming your state jobless.
What source of animal protein will be available for your people.

Before you even thing about this, He (the Gov) must have thought about it.. I think the governemt want a total eradication of herdsmen and the best and simple way to go about is what he had done.

If he creates ranches, herdsmen might still apply and get away with their evil plans...

The governement plan sounds foolish, but i support him on this.

2 Likes

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by maasoap(m): 7:53pm On Feb 24, 2020
Xisnin:
Okowa about to make the most important move of his career.
I have suggested that all states affected by herdsmen crisis ban the buying and selling of beef.

Apart from being dangerous to human health and longevity, it is fueling the killing of innocent people.

There is nothing as effective as an economic blockade since the killers are being protected by federal machinery.
I hope he can see it through.

If this was coming from Buhari, you all would have been shouting "dictator"! No matter how any sane person looks at it, it still remains human right abuse. It can't stand and can't come alive in any state. Beheading is not a cure for headache
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by dake40(m): 7:54pm On Feb 24, 2020
SaintNemesis:
So Hausa Fulani is synonymous with cows. Is Hausa-Fulani same as cows. I don't eat cows for health benefits but you should know we also have our own local ranchers too in Delta state. So instead of banning cow sales, he should ban herders from roaming about in the state, [s]if you must engage in cattle rearing buy land and establish a ranch[/s].

Herdsmen will still apply to own ranches and they will be granted. (Na naija we dey)
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by maasoap(m): 7:55pm On Feb 24, 2020
fineboynl:
goat meat is cheaper than beef. a kilo of frozen chicken is also cheaper, fish also cheaper

Liar! None of the above mentioned items is cheaper than meat.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Johnboom: 7:56pm On Feb 24, 2020
agabusta:
This seems too extreme.

What of banning of Okada
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by maasoap(m): 7:58pm On Feb 24, 2020
Badmod:
That dosen't sound good to me.
The state can make it compulsory to obtain a license before starting livestock or cattle rearing biz,you just legitimately give out license to only Deltans...

It would take just any willing person in the state to approach the court and enforce his or her fundamental human right.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by AkupeMBANO(m): 7:58pm On Feb 24, 2020
chariisGRACE:
Wow!

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BAN THE SALE OF BEEF because:

Beef is the No. 1 source of meet for the common man (Beef is the cheapest among other source of meat like the goat, chicken and turkey).

If Okowa bans beef, wetin people go chop?

The best thing to do is to create their own Amotekun or ban open grazing. (Even the open grazing no go work)

Thank you.
trash!!

1 Like

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by guru90: 8:00pm On Feb 24, 2020
They are still planning!!!
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by lastmessenger: 8:01pm On Feb 24, 2020
Kubernetes:

I think it's because of the open hatred he has for hausa Fulani.
If not how can a sane person think in such an imaginable way.
what else do you want him to do? Build Ruga for Fulani right ?
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by golddare: 8:01pm On Feb 24, 2020
dre11:

https://leadership.ng/2020/02/24/delta-govt-plans-law-to-ban-sale-consumption-of-beef/

If people decides not to consume cow for a month these incessant killings in the farmland by alleged herdsmen will reduce.
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Turantula(m): 8:02pm On Feb 24, 2020
aremuforlife:

This is not great news most of our people are also doing business in their region.
What if the boycott their business as well?
Youth, fulani has no region except futa jallon
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by lastmessenger: 8:02pm On Feb 24, 2020
maasoap:

If this was coming from Buhari, you all would have been shouting "dictator"! No matter how any sane person looks at it, it still remains human right abuse. It can't stand and can't come alive in any state. Beheading is not a cure for headache
look at you and your Hippocratic reasoning. How many deltans will die for you and your likes will feel happy?
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by guass(m): 8:04pm On Feb 24, 2020
Xisnin:
Okowa about to make the most important move of his career.
I have suggested that all states affected by herdsmen crisis ban the buying and selling of beef.
Apart from being dangerous to human health and longevity, it is fueling the killing of innocent people.

There is nothing as effective as an economic blockade since the killers are being protected by federal machinery.
I hope he can see it through.

Personally, apart from the Nigerian border closure, this happens to be the second best law from the wise ones in Nigeria quite more effective than the ' Amotekun.' Obviously,because of BUHARI we cannot stop the herdsmen from killing, kidnapping and rapping but we can discourage them from crime by massively PROHIBITING cow meet.
Buhari has invited other Non-Nigerian Fulanis from other countries with free visa on arrival.
Nigerians should wise up!
Other States should follow suite.

2 Likes

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by GamalNasser: 8:06pm On Feb 24, 2020
agabusta:
This seems too extreme.

The only way to put herdsmen in check is too ban beef sale

1 Like

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by SyrusdeHansome(m): 8:06pm On Feb 24, 2020
abbey621:
Illiteracy/ignorance is Africa's biggest ailment. Imagine learned and respectable political office holders believing a problem can only be solved by further imposing more restrictions on its citizens. So today it is cow, what tomorrow? Chicken, cars, jean, etc?

Get out!

1 Like

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Goalnaldo(m): 8:07pm On Feb 24, 2020
maoolakanm:
One of the most useless decision any sitting governor will be taken. What about creating ranches and making herdsmen roaming your state jobless.
What source of animal protein will be available for your people.
oga we have pork, goat, chicken, fish and even snake meat. Carry your cow to your region tongue

1 Like

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by jaybanky(m): 8:08pm On Feb 24, 2020
Okowa for president.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Governor Rauf Aregbesola's Road Network In Osun (Photos) / Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling / Tinubu Arrives For His Presidential Primary Screening (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.