Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,345 members, 7,836,415 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption (40420 Views)

Surrendered Repentant Boko Haram Terrorists Go On Violent Riot Over Cow Meat / Abdulaziz Nyako: I'm A Herdsman & A Senator, You Must Ban Cow Meat First Before / Herdsmen Attack Uwheru Community, Ban Cow Meat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by dake40(m): 11:14am On Mar 01, 2020
CoolAmbience:

Free yourself from ethic bias.

Amokekun was not created to address insecurity by a particular ethnic group, but to stem insecurity in general terms, by complementing the efforts of security agencies in the Southwest.

You people must stop living the delusion that all crimes committed across the country are by herdsmen. I have lived in every part of this country, and I travel across the country regularly. What about ritual and cult-related violence and killings, armed robbery, assassination, human trafficking, child theft as well as kidnapping?

Recall the killing of Rev. Fr. Paul Offu in Awgu, Enugu state. It was blamed on herdsmen until some persons were apprehended. I want to ask, were they herdsmen or even from the North afterall? Please, research and give me the names of the suspects, since I have given you background information. I can give you more of such cases.

I am from the Southeast if you care to know. Crime has nothing to do with ethnicity. Are you trying to say that herdsmen are not being killed by farmers, ethnic militias and local vigilantes; or that they are immune to death?

Five months before Rev. Fr. Offu's gruesome murder, the parish priest of St. Mark's Catholic Church in Obinofia Ndiuno in Ezeagu LGA of Enugu state was killed.

While I can admit anywhere that there are some mindless herdsmen who hide under the guise of cattle herding to commit different crimes, I would never concede to the idea of giving ethnic colouration to crime.

Also, I am not surprised that despite your acclaimed 'superior' IQ, you see herdsmen killings as insurgency. While farmers-herdsmen crisis has lingered for decades, and has produced graver consequences for Nigeria, it is not the same as insurgency.

On the issue of ban by Lagos state, I think your suggestion that certain fundamental rights of humans could be overlooked or trampled in pursuit of development clearly confirms how 'high' your IQ is.

I'm not a tribal bigot nor biased. I'm pouring out my mind based on recent happenings and you can choose to disagree.

Everybody knows the primary reason that led to the creation of Amotekun, you should believe whatever you want.

Crime has nothing to do with ethnicity and again, I can't figure where I mentioned otherwise.

On Farmers -Herdsmen.

I bet you have no idea how it feels to watch your labour go in vain. I do not support the killing of Herdsmen or farmer or anybody, in most cases, these farmers are at self defense. Cattles feed on these people's labour in this harsh economy for God sake.

If you still can't comprehend that, let it slide.

Yes. Some Countries or regions withdraw some human rights for social and economic development (as they claimed)

China introduced "The 2 children policy " due to many reasons

1... To curb their population
2. Reduce government spendings. And many more

If you ask me, it's clearly against the rights and interests of the people.

Even without you calling someone a low IQ, you should know that in some cases , if tempering on Fundamental rights would be the last resort to solving problems, the Government won't think twice.

Peace
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by GEJDHERO: 11:59am On Mar 01, 2020
fineboynl:
goat meat is cheaper than beef. a kilo of frozen chicken is also cheaper, fish also cheaper
says who.,.....goat is not cheaper
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by Floyd45(m): 9:42am On Feb 05, 2021
GEJDHERO:

Sup man, did your guy make it out with the Solomon Island passport

1 Like

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by BastardWike: 10:07am On Feb 05, 2021
aremuforlife:

This is not great news most of our people are also doing business in their region.
What if the boycott their business as well?

In as much as I won't like to call you a coward, but this your post is so disgusting.

Are you aware that production, sale and consumption of beer and alcoholic beverages are legal in Nigeria and endorsed by the constitution? Yet beer and other alcoholic beverages owned by Southerners doing business in the North are daily destroyed by their state governments?!

I mean, beer that is legal, locally produced by companies and legally being sold by Nigerians with heavy tax and VAT paid to the federal government yet Northern governors will forcefully confiscate it from sellers and openly destroy them because of THEIR OWN RELIGIOUS BELIEF!!

Because of inferiority complex, you haven't seen that as a serious crime against humanity, but a governor decides to ban the sell of "blood meat" that has directly caused the loss of lives and properties, you start lamenting??

You need help.

1 Like

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by BastardWike: 10:11am On Feb 05, 2021
GEJDHERO:

Whether goat meat is cheaper or not is immaterial. Southern governors should ban the sale of "blood meat" now, same way the international community banned the sale of "blood diamonds" from Sierra Leone in the 1990's.

Anyone who can't afford to buy alternative meat sources like goat, chicken etc. should forget it.

1 Like

Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by nabiz(m): 10:13am On Feb 05, 2021
agabusta:
This seems too extreme.

Banning eating of meat is infringing on people's fundamental rights.

Why not just ban open grazing? And then follow it up to the letter?
what about banning of alcohol
Re: Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption by PHijo(m): 7:41pm On Feb 05, 2021
Coming too late! This is long overdue. State governments should ban cow meat entirely.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Be Africa's First Global Superpower - Report / APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster / IMF: Nigerian Economy May Collapse If…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.