Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,220 members, 7,836,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria (83189 Views)

Donte Franklin: White Man Gifts N23m To Nigerian Man Who Treks 17 Miles To Work / Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria / Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by SmartMugu: 11:59am On Mar 07, 2020
Davash222:
As long as they're not begging with gun on my head, that shouldn't be a problem. No matter how you beg, if I no wan give, I no go give.
You definitely will get irritated at some point. Imagine almost missing your flight because someone at the airport is intentionally delaying you because they want to beg.

I've had some of the folks searching through luggage at the airport beg me for my hairclippers cos he saw them in my luggage. I allowed him take it but that stuff will explode as soon as he plugs it at home cos it's meant for 110v the US uses. He didn't even care if I had some type of disease, he just wanted to beg. Imagine dealing with almost 20 begging men and women in uniforms before making it to your gate within the airport. It's irritating.

10 Likes

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by franchasng: 12:01pm On Mar 07, 2020
DNSPro:
See them talking. NIGERIAN PARENTS FAILED THIS COUNTRY. take it or leave it.

No morally upright and well raise person would indulge in this.

Advise: Don't just raise a child lead your family compound, raise them to lead a nation. We are a disgrace and every problem plaguing us stem from home.. from home. fix the home and nation will be fixed.
how many Nigerian children come from a functional family or marriage to start with

Nigeria's problem again is lack of birth control. People marrying without financial direction or preparation for the kids they intend to birth.

People getting married and giving birth to several kids without financial preparation or backup, but hoping on luck, fate and relatives to help them out!

These are the root cause of Nigeria's predicament

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by otokx(m): 12:02pm On Mar 07, 2020
The begging is terrible even inside church; they think you don't have problems of your own. shocked

3 Likes

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by otokx(m): 12:03pm On Mar 07, 2020
franchasng:
how many Nigerian children come from a functional family or marriage to start with

Nigeria's problem again is lack of birth control. People marrying without financial direction or preparation for the kids they intend to birth.

People getting married without financial preparation or backup, but hoping on luck, fate and relatives to help them out!

On point, Nigeria ought to have implemented the 1 child policy like China decades ago.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by franchasng: 12:05pm On Mar 07, 2020
otokx:

On point, Nigeria ought to have implemented the 1 child policy like China decades ago.
Northern Muslims will come out and tell you that its against Islamic religion, and the MUMURIC will support them and Yoruba Muslims will back them up and go all out against Igbos for even thinking of that.

These are some of the numerous reasons Nigeria need to either restructure and go back to regional system of government canceled by Gowon, to enable Nigeria function as a small regional government units with unique regional laws, bilaws, etc to ensure effective governance and performance assessment, or peacefully divide into interested regions that wish to form their own independent nation

6 Likes

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 07, 2020
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Brightest04(m): 12:08pm On Mar 07, 2020
Who cares!If he vowed never to visit Nigeria again watin concerns us.
Actually every human is born with an iota of begging in him.If you don't beg for money you beg for some other things: You beg to have sex,you beg someone to marry you,you beg to be employed, you beg someone to accept your love.You beg someone to help you do one thing or the other.Even churches beg people directly or indirectly to give their lives to Christ and Mosques beg people to follow Prophet Muhammad. Ogboni people beg people to join their cult,it's endless,and the spirit of begging is in everyone either white,black or brown skin.
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by franchasng: 12:09pm On Mar 07, 2020
Brightest04:
Who cares!If he vowed never to visit Nigeria again watin concerns us.
Actually every human is born with an iota of begging in him.If you don't beg for money you beg for some other things: You beg to have sex,you beg someone to marry you,you beg to be employed, you beg someone to accept your love.You beg someone to help you do one thing or the other.Even churches beg people directly or indirectly to give their lives to Christ and Mosques beg people to follow Prophet Muhammad. Ogboni people beg people to join their cult,it's endless,and the spirit of begging is in everyone either white,black or brown skin.
lol another one

3 Likes

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by toprealman: 12:09pm On Mar 07, 2020
Clearly wife is not giving him adequate fruit from her garden. Dear Mr man, you won't be missed!
With cornavirus speading with wanton impunity, he is one less potential carrier to worry about.

1 Like

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Jefferyhi86(m): 12:10pm On Mar 07, 2020
Av u tried using the toilet at the airport especially when ur about boarding, u need to see d cleaner how they disturb with begging, u will feel irritated by it..
eduman365:
The begging being perpetrated by NIS officials at MMIA is crazy. Before you leave the country, they'll beg for dollars, when you're coming back they'll beg for money... shocked

This is why tourists and foreigners will never respect us in the country, cos the people representing us at the airports and borders are fantastically and shamelessly corrupt.
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by toprealman: 12:14pm On Mar 07, 2020
otokx:

Wont solve the problem. That one child can still turn to a global beggar........like our political leaders if s/he lacks the basic orientation.
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Skillsnigeria: 12:15pm On Mar 07, 2020
No be their fault,na poverty cause it.we told them say, nothing dey this ogba eranko (zoo),but Dem no go hear.make una enjoy una one fraudgeria in peace
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 07, 2020
salbis:
Agreed, some Nigerians begging attitudes can be annoying. But I think the exaggeration is way too much.

It is not over exaggerated. It is only because you may have lived in Nigeria for very long periods of time that you don't notice it. If you travel for sometime then come back, it will be very annoying; until you get used to it again.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Realfrankie(m): 12:17pm On Mar 07, 2020
GboyegaD:
It is well. I still don't understand the begging thing at the airport. I guess it is a culture that has come to stay and would need an entire reorientation to change it.

My brother,
The airport begging is constant.

1 Like

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by L1lma(f): 12:17pm On Mar 07, 2020
Y him dey vex na sumtin wit Europe na deir own is tip
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Nasir123(m): 12:18pm On Mar 07, 2020
Mistaicey2288:
Hmmm this is what these stupid people have reduced us to. It's really sad i must say, especially that of security officers. You need to see the way these idiots beg and harass people because of money at the Airport. The last time i was traveling, a stupid man almost stopped me from boarding my flight all because i refused to bribe him. Of which, before i even got to him, i had sorted some people already at that same Airport and he was the last one i met and i needed him ti clear me to go. It took the intervention of someone i contacted before he released me to go. Samw thin when i was returning too, you'll see the idiots asking what you brought for them from abroad. Same thing with the stupid police officers too... Last time i traveled to IB from Osogbo, on my both trips (To and Fro) the bus drivers met at least 10 checkpoints each on their ways and the drivers sorted the Police 50Naira at each checkpoint... All these nonsense are happening and nothing is being done about it.. These are the idiots that paint the country bad to the outsiders...

This is my main reason of disliking Buhari.
We shouldn't be having a president when the Police will still be allow to be collecting money from motorists on a broad day light, on Daily basis .
I never believed a President like Buhari would have tolerate all this kind of madness. And it has to stop.
Because if you really want a better Country this is one first thing you shouldn't tolerate.

5 Likes

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by kweensheba: 12:21pm On Mar 07, 2020
Begging attitude is repulsive. If Kano state can ban almajiri, it shows how offensive the idea and practice is. Nigeria should take a cue from Germany which banned begging.

2 Likes

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Jaspernubi: 12:22pm On Mar 07, 2020
Recently I visited one African country in East Africa Just to see if they are as crude as We are in Nigeria, I was ashamed of my Nationality flagging the Nigerian Passport when from the Airport, you find Young men un-attracted to your Purse or bag but simply doing their Jobs with due diligence, I walked around the country going from place to place for my activities, I saw foreigners comfortable and relaxed, they walked about without fear of being harassed by Locals, the Locals are no threat to them

I remember Nigeria with Pain

foreigners, They have business and walk or drive about even at night, the streets were lighted
On returning to my Base, I was asked at the Airport, why did you visits?
I looked into the attendant's face who saw my profile online from the documents in his possession
I replied with shame and regret with these words, "I visited because it was an escape for me from the bribery collectors at the airport in my country"
You wont collect bribe from me for nothing as they do in Nigeria, I said

He smiled and replied,
We wont collect bribe for anything, Here it is a crime
I cringed to hear an African with dignity when i remembered the expired old men in Nigeria who build edifice with proceed of fraud

Nigeria is a dangerous place to think, and a risky place to argue

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Mistaicey2288: 12:24pm On Mar 07, 2020
Nasir123:

This is my main reason of disliking Buhari.
We shouldn't be having a president when the Police will still be allow to be collecting money from motorists on a broad day light, on Daily basis .
I never believed a President like Buhari would have tolerate all this kind of madness. And it has to stop.
Because if you really want a better Country this is one first thing you shouldn't tolerate.

Honestly you've said it all. These people do anything they like because there's no one putting them in checks. If the Useless President had put effective measures in place to curb the shameful activities of these people, it wouldn't have gotten this bad now...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by ridbell01(m): 12:27pm On Mar 07, 2020
Aidejay:
Na Lagos.
Always Lagos no disrespect but can Lagos also be referred to as the begging capital of Nigeria.
Yes it can.
my oga i agree with you some people have turned begging to their daily job,

1 Like

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 07, 2020
L1lma:
Y him dey vex na sumtin wit Europe na deir own is tip

You tipped government officers in Europe? Strange. I never have. I would probably get arrested if I tried it.

Tipping is mainly a US culture, not really European or Asian. But even in the parts of Europe where it is required, it is a service charge for lower cadre service providers like bellhops and waitresses. You already know which establishments it is expected and that it is a part of the bill so you budget accordingly. In Nigeria, they expect money even when they provide no service, and no establishment is exempt.

5 Likes

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by pacespot(m): 12:29pm On Mar 07, 2020
When the current British prime minister Boris Johnson made a report about Nigerian obsession with money, people tagged him racist, then he was a journalist. We are allergic to someone who says the truth as it is. It is a culture of obsession with money that is translating to the begging that we see in those public places, not poverty as some will say. Nigerian obsession with money is known all over the world and is now being used as an adjective to describe others who show similar trait.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by DNSPro: 12:30pm On Mar 07, 2020
franchasng:

People getting married and giving birth to several kids without financial preparation or backup, but hoping on luck, fate and relatives to help them out!

we are saying the same thing. Where does birth control start from? na home na. They fork anyhow and give birth anyhow. When you think of the "go and marry crew" those ones are fan base.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by ArticleBeast: 12:31pm On Mar 07, 2020
ainas247:
cool "Almost every tourist center they went, people walk up to them to beg for money."
thats a lie from the pit of hell... try harder next time.

meanwhile start a niche blog and start getting serious
traffic from Google chat up now.
rank your website on Google fast
I bet you are not rich or appear rich. What the man said is the truth. If you look rich, forget it you go taya for anything for the boiz or chief ur boy dey greet o

3 Likes

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by DNSPro: 12:31pm On Mar 07, 2020
pacespot:
When the current British prime minister Boris Johnson made a report about Nigerian obsession with money, people tagged him racist, then he was a journalist. We are allergic to someone who says the truth as it is. It is a culture of obsession with money that is translating to the begging that we see in those public places, not poverty as some will say. Nigerian obsession with money is known all over the world and is now being used as an adjective to describe others who show similar trait.

Nigerians, most of them, have their selfesteem built on money. Take away money and you see a timid legion of confused species.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Hotspotbro(m): 12:37pm On Mar 07, 2020
Jaspernubi:
Recently I visited one African country in East Africa Just to see if they are as crude as We are in Nigeria, I was ashamed of my Nationality flagging the Nigerian Passport when from the Airport, you find Young men un-attracted to your Purse or bag but simply doing their Jobs with due diligence, I walked around the country going from place to place for my activities, I saw foreigners comfortable and relaxed, they walked about without fear of being harassed by Locals, the Locals are no threat to them

I remember Nigeria with Pain

foreigners, They have business and walk or drive about even at night, the streets were lighted
On returning to my Base, I was asked at the Airport, why did you visits?
I looked into the attendant's face who saw my profile online from the documents in his possession
I replied with shame and regret with these words, "I visited because it was an escape for me from the bribery collectors at the airport in my country"
You wont collect bribe from me for nothing as they do in Nigeria, I said

He smiled and replied,
We wont collect bribe for anything, Here it is a crime
I cringed to hear an African with dignity when i remembered the expired old men in Nigeria who build edifice with proceed of fraud

Nigeria is a dangerous place to think, and a risky place to argue
bravo

1 Like

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 07, 2020
Jefferyhi86:
Av u tried using the toilet at the airport especially when ur about boarding, u need to see d cleaner how they disturb with begging, u will feel irritated by it..

The toilet itself isn't even clean enough... undecided

1 Like

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by lilyheaven: 12:42pm On Mar 07, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
Let's blame our governments for this cheesy oyinbo no vex o, na next level Nigerians dey experience.. everybody don almost turn beggars but wait beggars dey obodo oyinbo too na abi what is he saying ...my encounter with a cooperate beggar
Guyman: bros good afternoon
Me: afternoon o
Guyman: Bros I need just N200 for transport
Me: looked at him and I saw he's well dressed
Me: I be like, Bros na my transport money dey my hand
Guyman: Bros give me out of it
Me: straight face
Guyman: na wa o , na give I sey make u give me small change . See am sef stingy man.
Me: I like giving but not people like u
The guy was so mean as if e wan beat me
We are not blaming Government in this.
The begger, even called you stingy, as if he gave you money to keep for him.

1 Like

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 07, 2020
DNSPro:

Nigerians, most of them, have their selfesteem built on money. Take away money and you see a timid legion of confused species.
kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Visa Free Countries With The Nigerian Passport / ₦360billion, Inside The World's Most Expensive Embassy(Photos) / Working Legally In Austria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.