Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,095 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria (83190 Views)

Donte Franklin: White Man Gifts N23m To Nigerian Man Who Treks 17 Miles To Work / Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria / Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by fabienjoe: 12:46pm On Mar 07, 2020
AkolagTech:
White man from where? Hope it's not all these Lebanese, Italian or Chinese oo?

How on Earth is an Italian not a :White Man'? The real white men are the Caucasians and that includes Italians..

4 Likes

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 07, 2020
Liar! liar! i visit Nigeria always, apart from the few people begging here and there. everything else mentioned here are all lies.

2 Likes

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by XANDERBOY85: 12:50pm On Mar 07, 2020
I think it's only a Nigerian that can understand the situation of the people begging and overlook it! I don't see it as a problem whenever i visit, and even feel good about giving something that may mean the difference between someone having food for him and his family or going without! But i can understand how it can be a problem for foreigners.

1 Like

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by enomakos(m): 12:52pm On Mar 07, 2020
lies maybe only at the airport
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by lilyheaven: 12:52pm On Mar 07, 2020
Even Nairaland's members beg, they will form one sickness just to beg, even inside market, they will beg.

2 Likes

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by dalass(f): 12:53pm On Mar 07, 2020
Davash222:
As long as they're not begging with gun on my head, that shouldn't be a problem. No matter how you beg, if I no wan give, I no go give.

Abi o... At least if its not robbery then its okay. You get choice to give or not.. At least he wasn't mugged or kidnapped..
He's just hating
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by ofonimi: 12:53pm On Mar 07, 2020
The attitude of uniform men and women at our airports is very embarrassing. They behave as if they are not receiving salary. They beg shamelessly at every point. Most of these foreigners even video them in the act. The authority should do something about this begging culture among our uniform personnel.

1 Like

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 07, 2020
Openbusiness:
Abegi!!! Asif dem no dey beg for abroad. May we hear word jare. Please, since Coronavirus enter Europe, Bubuhari no gree travel again, oluwa wetin dey occur? grin

No immigration officer, police, custom or any other airport worker will ever harass you for money in the u.s.a

1 Like

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by pacespot(m): 1:00pm On Mar 07, 2020
SassyGem101:
Why is everyone being hypocritical here? Oh....because a white man pointed it out? Mtchewww...

Look...majority of you forming " I don't beg" can lie for Africa.
How many of you can beat your chest and say you have never begged? Some of you whos friends just returned from abroad and you go asking them to drop some dollars or goodies, what do you call that?Begging is begging, forget it. So let's stop this self righteousness.

Even abroad they beg so why are they making it sound like its a new thing?

Maybe its the girls family that used begging to scrape the white man's head and he's now using style to tell her hell never visit their house again and she's coming here to say itd the whole Nigerians that were begging him.
Its simple, if they beg, if you like you give, otherwise forget it. No body will kill you. It only when the wife family beg and you don't give that its a big issue which I'm suspecting is the case here.
Wetin concern Nigerians if you come back or not? Na your wife family get the ishoro.

Stop saying something that is unfounded. Begging in Nigeria is disturbing, unlike begging in other countries, those immigration officers or the police can make your life hell if you refuse to give them the money they are "begging" for. People beg in Nigeria not because of a need they have but because of their obsession with money. And a beggar should not make you feel uneasy, so are you telling me you feel comfortable or safe by the way people around you beg for money in Nigeria?

5 Likes

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by armadeo(m): 1:04pm On Mar 07, 2020
[quote author=joinnow post=87236725][/quote]

This airport begging say dem delay you to miss flight. I honestly dont believe it.

How does that happen.
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by PeaceNexus(m): 1:08pm On Mar 07, 2020
The airport staff disgust me alot with their begging.....after scanning my bags and intestine you turn around to request money for lunch....
bamangar:
What Made A White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vow Never To Visit Nigeria Again

A twitter user @ozorcchristian narrated an incident of a (couple) Nigerian woman married to a white man who visited Nigeria on holiday, the encounter that caused the man to vow never to visit Nigeria again.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ozorcchristian/status/1235892876791418880

3 Likes

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by armadeo(m): 1:11pm On Mar 07, 2020
Davash222:

Chairman comes with a price. You were carried away by that 'chairman' thing. For me, if you call me chairman, I don already decode say na format, so I'll be on guard. One need to be street wise in this present Nigeria.

Hail me chairman, I will hail you chairman back.

3 Likes

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by centboy123456(m): 1:19pm On Mar 07, 2020
AkolagTech:
White man from where? Hope it's not all these Lebanese, Italian or Chinese oo?

u go school at all

Italian are white people if u don't know

1 Like

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by armadeo(m): 1:20pm On Mar 07, 2020
Jaspernubi:
Recently I visited one African country in East Africa Just to see if they are as crude as We are in Nigeria, I was ashamed of my Nationality flagging the Nigerian Passport when from the Airport, you find Young men un-attracted to your Purse or bag but simply doing their Jobs with due diligence, I walked around the country going from place to place for my activities, I saw foreigners comfortable and relaxed, they walked about without fear of being harassed by Locals, the Locals are no threat to them

I remember Nigeria with Pain

foreigners, They have business and walk or drive about even at night, the streets were lighted
On returning to my Base, I was asked at the Airport, why did you visits?
I looked into the attendant's face who saw my profile online from the documents in his possession
I replied with shame and regret with these words, "I visited because it was an escape for me from the bribery collectors at the airport in my country"
You wont collect bribe from me for nothing as they do in Nigeria, I said

He smiled and replied,
We wont collect bribe for anything, Here it is a crime
I cringed to hear an African with dignity when i remembered the expired old men in Nigeria who build edifice with proceed of fraud

Nigeria is a dangerous place to think, and a risky place to argue

This your last statement burnt me to my soul. It encapsulates everything Nigeria is for the common man.

1 Like

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by orunmila144: 1:23pm On Mar 07, 2020
fabienjoe:

How on Earth is an Italian not a :White Man'? The real white men are the Caucasians and that includes Italians..
most italians are not white. especially the sicilians etc. only the italians up north in their country close to western europe are white. the ones down south are not white at all. they are like arab looking
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by ArcToyin(m): 1:24pm On Mar 07, 2020
Davash222:
As long as they're not begging with gun on my head, that shouldn't be a problem. No matter how you beg, if I no wan give, I no go give.

It is an ignoble act, period!!
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Autotech312(m): 1:26pm On Mar 07, 2020
backnbeta:
Begi begiundecided

You park at designated parking spot, they beg for money

Even on nairaland here...begi begi no get part two.
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by TruthinAction: 1:35pm On Mar 07, 2020
There is severe hunger in the land. You will not understand if you have not been there. There are people and family looking for just 100 naira to drink garri in a day. Some of them I know are ready to work but there is no work anywhere. This government has failed. But they keep squandering the nation's wealth in billions of naira.
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by orunmila144: 1:36pm On Mar 07, 2020
here is my own experience with beggars, it had become so disturbing to my life that i was willing to leave a house i already paid for in an estate just so i can get away from it, in that estate there are 16 security guards on rotation and they will all ( with the exception of one or 2 of them ) hail you shamelessly so that you can drop something. here is the thread i created when the issue was disturbing my spirit and causing my life discomfort https://www.nairaland.com/5621090/how-deal-all-these-estate
1-everytime i go to the bank the security guard is trying to hit you up for money
2- any fast food restaurant i go there are like 10 beggars outside hitting you up for money
3- i went to eko atlantic city eko pearl restaurant to eat, there was a guy working there who followed us downstairs to ask us for money
4-when i go to prince ebeanos supermarket the security guards are trying to hit you up for money
5-i go to chemist, the secuurity officer is asking for money

IT HAS GOTTEN TO THE POINT WHERE I JUST KEEP MY CAR REALLY DIRTY AND DRESS LIKE A MAD RUFFIAN SO THAT PEOPLE WILL STOP HARRASING ME FOR MONEY BUT EVEN LOOKING LIKE A MAD MAN WITH AN EXTRA DIRTY DUSTY CAR I STILL GET PEOPLE COMING UP TO ME EVERYDAY BUT ITS NOT LIKE IT USED TO BE. IT HAS REDUCED NOW. I JUST DONT LIKE PEOPLE HARRASING ME. IN MY ESTATE TO DRIVE PAST THE SECURITY GUARDS AT THE GATE I WEAR FACE MASKS AND DARK SHADES AND A BASEBALL CAP AND DONT LOOK AT THEM. WHEN THIS CORONA VIIRUS THING CAME OUT I WAS HAPPY BECAUSE THE MASK I USED IT TO HIDE MY FACE FROM SECURITY GUARDS IN MY ESTATE. i have found out you have to take pro-active steps to stop being harrassed by beggars lmaooo.

3 Likes

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by meeky007(m): 1:37pm On Mar 07, 2020
Petyprincess:
No wonder my baby is scared to visit here embarassed Bt honestly even Nigerians experience this especially when you traveling for the first time everyone will want to scam you in one way or the other! You just have to be smart nd self conscious!
pls send me money
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 07, 2020
pacespot:

Stop saying something that is unfounded. Begging in Nigeria is disturbing, unlike begging in other countries, those immigration officers or the police can make your life hell if you refuse to give them the money they are "begging" for. People beg in Nigeria not because of a need they have but because of their obsession with money. And a beggar should not make you feel uneasy, so are you telling me you feel comfortable or safe by the way people around you beg for money in Nigeria?

Even the Bible says "beggars shall never cease in the land" so Drop this issue already.
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by centboy123456(m): 1:42pm On Mar 07, 2020
GamalNasser:
But Nigerians beg too much ..I have stopped answering greetings of workers in my estate because everytime they greet you and you answer the next time they see you is to give you a bill for that greeting . Some weeks ago when I was heading out for a Jog one of the guys at the estate gate greeted me and I gave him 2k cos I was in a good mood only for him to block me on my way back and start telling me he needed money for house rent and I just got confused ..Nigerians beg too much

seriously

what did you tell him
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Ten06(m): 1:43pm On Mar 07, 2020
There is hardly no office you will enter in this country that they will not demand for bribe before they render service to you

1 Like

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by ogbonti: 1:46pm On Mar 07, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

You tipped government officers in Europe? Strange. I never have. I would probably get arrested if I tried it.

Tipping is mainly a US culture, not really European or Asian. But even in the parts of Europe where it is required, i[b]t is a service charge for lower cadre service providers like bellhops and waitresses[/b]. You already know which establishments it is expected and that it is a part of the bill so you budget accordingly. In Nigeria, they expect money even when they provide no service, and no establishment is exempt.

same with US - you tip bar tenders and waitresses - if you attempt tipping a police man to gain some favor - you will be in soup

now if you see a police officer and you do not need a favor from them - and you say, i just want to appreciate the work you people do bla bla bla and you decide to give him say $100 - he will direct you to go the FOP (FRATERNAL ORDER OF POLICE) website to make that donation, as simple as ABC

1 Like

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by orunmila144: 1:48pm On Mar 07, 2020
i even get nigerians begging me to do astrology readings for them for free. niggas want everything for free. they want free money and free service. its incredible grin grin
listen the only way to keep your sanity in nigeria is to stay away from people. thats the only way. although i have to say from this nairaland i have gotten 5 paying customers for my astrology readings so not all nigerians are bad. there are a few good ones.

2 Likes

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by melviniyke2002(m): 1:49pm On Mar 07, 2020
bamangar:
Let me not lie, Lagos Airport is the headquarters of begging in Africa. It has turned to harassment.

Another thing I noticed, when you visit almost every organisation, when their security starts acting funny, know they just want some egunje. Its becoming embarrassing.
even MTN office...
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by lepasharon(f): 1:51pm On Mar 07, 2020
grin
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by madridsta007(m): 1:51pm On Mar 07, 2020
bamangar:
Let me not lie, Lagos Airport is the headquarters of begging in Africa. It has turned to harassment.

Another thing I noticed, when you visit almost every organisation, when their security starts acting funny, know they just want some egunje. Its becoming embarrassing.

LOL.
When you are about boarding they will tell you, "Oga just give me the rest of the Naira you get, you no go use am for anything..."

Literal beggars. They beg anyone.

3 Likes

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Ryan03(f): 1:54pm On Mar 07, 2020
Mistaicey2288:
Hmmm this is what these stupid people have reduced us to. It's really sad i must say, especially that of security officers. You need to see the way these idiots beg and harass people because of money at the Airport. The last time i was traveling, a stupid man almost stopped me from boarding my flight all because i refused to bribe him. Of which, before i even got to him, i had sorted some people already at that same Airport and he was the last one i met and i needed him ti clear me to go. It took the intervention of someone i contacted before he released me to go. Samw thin when i was returning too, you'll see the idiots asking what you brought for them from abroad. Same thing with the stupid police officers too... Last time i traveled to IB from Osogbo, on my both trips (To and Fro) the bus drivers met at least 10 checkpoints each on their ways and the drivers sorted the Police 50Naira at each checkpoint... All these nonsense are happening and nothing is being done about it.. These are the idiots that paint the country bad to the outsiders...
and you successfully avoided the part where they said "every tourist site". You Nigerians are beggers, own it! Stop sidelining it to a particular group. BEGI BEGI
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Rossinnki: 2:02pm On Mar 07, 2020
PURE Exaggeration. i don't believe them. They are liars.
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Staro: 2:02pm On Mar 07, 2020
Aidejay:
Na Lagos.
Always Lagos no disrespect but can Lagos also be referred to as the begging capital of Nigeria.
Yes it can.

My dear, Lagos is the begging capital
of the world

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Visa Free Countries With The Nigerian Passport / ₦360billion, Inside The World's Most Expensive Embassy(Photos) / Working Legally In Austria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.