Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,039 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria (83188 Views)

Donte Franklin: White Man Gifts N23m To Nigerian Man Who Treks 17 Miles To Work / Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria / Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Iceberg3: 2:11pm On Mar 07, 2020
These security guards,their own na wa!

It's so annoying the way they kinda run after you whenever you are leaving the banking hall, regardless of what you went there to do.
They don't wanna know if you went there to deposit/withdraw your boss's money.
You ain't even spared when making withdrawals from the ATM.
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Ay04z(m): 2:20pm On Mar 07, 2020
Lol. Dis is the reason I Dey always avoid to go bank. To withdraw
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by JaceBlaze: 2:23pm On Mar 07, 2020
If he was from another African country Nigerians would be roasting the guy alive in the comments.The first page would have been "imagine ordinary Ghanaian vexing on Nigeria" cheesy .

3 Likes

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by ajl: 2:24pm On Mar 07, 2020
The way touts, taxi-drivers, money changers come at you aggressively the moment you step out of the airport is crazy. I experienced this few weeks ago. I was intimidated to the point that I stopped and addressed them that "they imagine if I am a foreigner" how I would feel now.
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Coldie(m): 2:29pm On Mar 07, 2020
GenBuhari:
Naija no get tourist centre.

Also problem of begging in airports was indirectly created by white nations who deliberately steal from Africa, causing an uneven distribution of wealth between them and us.

Does the white man think we care what he thinks?. Begging in third world countries will continue for as long as the unfair distribution of wealth among nations persists.
White nations indirectly steal from Africa, please tell me how?
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by ajl: 2:29pm On Mar 07, 2020
orunmila144:
most italians are not white. especially the sicilians etc. only the italians up north in their country close to western europe are white. the ones down south are not white at all. they are like arab looking

You really don't know what you are talking about. You are confusing their Mediterranean features to those of arabs.
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by bigiyaro(m): 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2020
if this story is true, then they should blame themselves for being dumb, you won tour, na naija of all places u go chose?
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by orunmila144: 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2020
ajl:

You really don't know what you are talking about. You are confusing their Mediterranean features to those of arabs.
nah bro southern italians are not white. do your research
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Mistaicey2288: 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2020
Ryan03:
and you successfully avoided the part where they said "every tourist site". You Nigerians are beggers, own it! Stop sidelining it to a particular group. BEGI BEGI

And who are you referring to as a beggar? The fact that i avoided them doesn't mean i support them. Abi didn't you read the part where i said "Especially" the security officers? The truth is, most of these beggars are actually helpless and the economy isn't helping them too. And mind you, beggars are everywhere including abroad. I have personally seen street beggars on street in Atlanta Georgia USA.... But what do we say about the security officers that are supposed to represent the country well and have some dignity? These people are even supposed to be the one curbing the excesses of these street beggars too and make it reduce if they are not really useless.. I wouldn't be surprised if you happen to work as an officer and you actually fall in this category. Your response shows it all... Mtcheeww

3 Likes

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 07, 2020
GboyegaD:
It is well. I still don't understand the begging thing at the airport. I guess it is a culture that has come to stay and would need an entire reorientation to change it.

Its ridiculous, almost as if Everyone traveling is assumed to be rich so they most beg for their share of your richest, they all need a mindset change not everyone who travels is rich, some people sef they sent them message (errant).
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by OChimex: 2:46pm On Mar 07, 2020
ainas247:
cool "Almost every tourist center they went, people walk up to them to beg for money."
thats a lie from the pit of hell... try harder next time.

meanwhile start a niche blog and start getting serious
traffic from Google chat up now.
rank your website on Google fast

I don't think its a lie bro. Try carry a white lady/man with you visit naija, then you go understand. They either beg u directly or indirectly or they try extort you. Or everybody will try to serve u to get money from u.
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Coldie(m): 2:47pm On Mar 07, 2020
DNSPro:
See them talking. NIGERIAN PARENTS FAILED THIS COUNTRY. take it or leave it.

No morally upright and well raise person would indulge in this.

Advise: Don't just raise a child lead your family compound, raise them to lead a nation. We are a disgrace and every problem plaguing us stem from home.. from home. fix the home and nation will be fixed.
You are a disgrace not us
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by nlPoster: 2:49pm On Mar 07, 2020
Papadoh:
Memories bring back, Memories bring back you... Keep commenting and don't mind me, i'm just doing a little singing. Toast to the ones that we got...

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by mastermaestro(m): 3:08pm On Mar 07, 2020
bamangar:
Let me not lie, Lagos Airport is the headquarters of begging in Africa. It has turned to harassment.

Another thing I noticed, when you visit almost every organisation, when their security starts acting funny, know they just want some egunje. Its becoming embarrassing.

Your second point is even worse. I feel embarrassed if I don't drop something for an overly 'respectful' security personnel whenever I visit some organizations. The way they would be act so 'servantly' would force you to drop something. From petrol stations to eateries, banks, supermarkets, schools. In fact I can't name them.
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by shedymaya(m): 3:39pm On Mar 07, 2020
[quote author=bamangar post=87214383]What Made A White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vow Never To Visit Nigeria Again

E NO DEY E NO DEY. WHO NAKED NO DEY SHOOK HAND FOR POCKET OH....
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Dollabiz: 3:43pm On Mar 07, 2020
Ye
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by dasparrow: 3:47pm On Mar 07, 2020
They beg Nigerians too traveling abroad or coming from abroad. I have experienced it too. It is the lack in the country causing it.
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by martinmiller: 3:54pm On Mar 07, 2020
Blogger's and their write ups ! how will you say every body walks up to them to beg for money..

I can say for a fact that many Nigerians have this sense of entitlement to any thing, about a week ago a neighbor came to visit, whom I offered a glass of juice. He told me he will drink it later after eating, I'm like, did I offer you a food ! he begs for food but then he does he's own systematically with a sense of he is entitled to it.

Beggars are everywhere, just that we have them in thousands here in Nigeria. only Nigerians are their problems and the solutions lies within the citizens ..

bamangar:
What Made A White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vow Never To Visit Nigeria Again

A twitter user @ozorcchristian narrated an incident of a (couple) Nigerian woman married to a white man who visited Nigeria on holiday, the encounter that caused the man to vow never to visit Nigeria again.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ozorcchristian/status/1235892876791418880
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by franchasng: 3:54pm On Mar 07, 2020
DNSPro:
we are saying the same thing. Where does birth control start from? na home na. They fork anyhow and give birth anyhow. When you think of the "go and marry crew" those ones are fan base
better supporters club grin
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by kunletexs: 3:57pm On Mar 07, 2020
darlenese:
in other words Nigerians are beggars abi?

poverty stricken suffer head oyibo .

this bull shit is a silly exaggeration

Sir, it not exaggerated. If you go out on foot, you would see enough. At airport, ikeja branch, you need to see the police officers stationed at the door and see begging from every body with luggage. Not to talk of the ones checking you in. Now a white man, wow that triple the demand. It sad what Nigerians have turned to.
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by ablejesus26(m): 4:00pm On Mar 07, 2020
radarada
instead of thanking God he was not kidnapped he is there talking rubbish
and btw who him epp
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by NgwalandAbia(m): 4:11pm On Mar 07, 2020
Openbusiness:
Abegi!!! Asif dem no dey beg for abroad. May we hearrd jare. Please, since Coronavirus enter Europe, Bubuhari no gree travel again, oluwa wetin dey occur? grin
shut up its your type disgracing us beggers
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by RaptorX: 4:13pm On Mar 07, 2020
Went to a wedding in Lagos couple of years ago and went outside the hall to catch some fresh air. Within minutes all this young men in uniform contracted to serve drinks almost 10 of them surrounded me begging for money, I had to tell them I had no money. This country is sitting on a keg of gunpowder.

1 Like

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by MarvelousMe: 4:23pm On Mar 07, 2020
DNSPro:

Nigerians, most of them, have their selfesteem built on money. Take away money and you see a timid legion of confused species.

I wish I could like this more than once

A truer observation of the modern Nigerian has never been made

1 Like

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Ianmaduka(m): 4:26pm On Mar 07, 2020
From my own experience and understanding it’s been a culture.here in Europe 80% of Naija people beg ❗️
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:31pm On Mar 07, 2020
Twitter user is a liar. How could people in the street beg oyinbo money when they don't know him from Adam. lies everywhere
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Farki: 4:41pm On Mar 07, 2020
safarigirl:
Where did they go that all these people were begging them?

There are hundreds of white men in Nigeria, some married here and some were born here, there are hundreds of Chinese as well, living in places many would call 'rural', and we haven't heard these complaints

Even Nwanyioma all the way from Sweden, doesn't have such complaints. Where did she take her husband to?

Abi you don't go out?

At a restaurant to buy food security will ask for money, if you want to park your car at a show, young men will crowd asking 'anything for boys'? Just last week a dozen men were crowding a car leaving a hotel waiting to receive something for the boys.

Even when you travel the first thing people ask you is 'what did you bring for me?', doesn't matter if they haven't seen you in 3 years they will still ask.

Even as a child I couldn't can't eat food without someone asking for a sip or a bite, the same person already had food and like the adults forgets about you once they have what they want.
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Farki: 4:47pm On Mar 07, 2020
Jefferyhi86:
Av u tried using the toilet at the airport especially when ur about boarding, u need to see d cleaner how they disturb with begging, u will feel irritated by it..

Upon all that the same toilet is not clean, all manner of diseases foreign and local can be gotten from simply walking inside.
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Farki: 4:55pm On Mar 07, 2020
Nasir123:

This is my main reason of disliking Buhari.
We shouldn't be having a president when the Police will still be allow to be collecting money from motorists on a broad day light, on Daily basis .
I never believed a President like Buhari would have tolerate all this kind of madness. And it has to stop.
Because if you really want a better Country this is one first thing you shouldn't tolerate.

Buhari scammed y'all. His proposed war against corruption was simply a movement to arrest his political opponents and shield the corrupt ones in his party.

Buhari is worse than an absentee father because the rot of his household is happening right under his nose. When soldiers were exposed by none other than the Governor of Borno for extorting motorists and subsequently left their posts Buhari did nothing.
The man is more of the same, empty promises and no action, these elderly politicians from the military era should go and sleep they have done enough.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Visa Free Countries With The Nigerian Passport / ₦360billion, Inside The World's Most Expensive Embassy(Photos) / Working Legally In Austria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.