Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,251 members, 7,836,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria (83191 Views)

Donte Franklin: White Man Gifts N23m To Nigerian Man Who Treks 17 Miles To Work / Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria / Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by henryhemon(m): 4:58pm On Mar 07, 2020
bamangar:
What Made A White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vow Never To Visit Nigeria Again

A twitter user @ozorcchristian narrated an incident of a (couple) Nigerian woman married to a white man who visited Nigeria on holiday, the encounter that caused the man to vow never to visit Nigeria again.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ozorcchristian/status/1235892876791418880

I came back from Lagos this morning, the staffs in that airport beg for Africa, every corner like they practical harass you with beggy beggy. I was really annoyed. It is very very bad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Omar09(m): 5:03pm On Mar 07, 2020
franchasng:

Nigeria's problem again is lack of birth control. People marrying without financial direction or preparation for the kids they intend to birth.

People getting married and giving birth to several kids without financial preparation or backup, but hoping on luck, fate and relatives to help them out!

These are the root cause of Nigeria's predicament

Guy you are so on point. I have this neighbor, yes he is of age to get married, but has nothing doing. Just yahoo oh. My guy married a girl or got her pregnant that I don't know but all I know is he's married with a little child and he doesn't have a job or trade he learned just yahoo and low key laundry he's using his apartment to do so that no one will know he's into laundry. He is of age to marry and keep a wife. But financially he's not there yet and he's depending on yahoo to pay him so he can look after his family. Now tell me how that child will have a functioning home?
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by SweetCunt97(f): 5:05pm On Mar 07, 2020
orunmila144:
here is my own experience with beggars, it had become so disturbing to my life that i was willing to leave a house i already paid for in an estate just so i can get away from it, in that estate there are 16 security guards on rotation and they will all ( with the exception of one or 2 of them ) hail you shamelessly so that you can drop something. here is the thread i created when the issue was disturbing my spirit and causing my life discomfort https://www.nairaland.com/5621090/how-deal-all-these-estate
1-everytime i go to the bank the security guard is trying to hit you up for money
2- any fast food restaurant i go there are like 10 beggars outside hitting you up for money
3- i went to eko atlantic city eko pearl restaurant to eat, there was a guy working there who followed us downstairs to ask us for money
4-when i go to prince ebeanos supermarket the security guards are trying to hit you up for money
5-i go to chemist, the secuurity officer is asking for money

IT HAS GOTTEN TO THE POINT WHERE I JUST KEEP MY CAR REALLY DIRTY AND DRESS LIKE A MAD RUFFIAN SO THAT PEOPLE WILL STOP HARRASING ME FOR MONEY BUT EVEN LOOKING LIKE A MAD MAN WITH AN EXTRA DIRTY DUSTY CAR I STILL GET PEOPLE COMING UP TO ME EVERYDAY BUT ITS NOT LIKE IT USED TO BE. IT HAS REDUCED NOW. I JUST DONT LIKE PEOPLE HARRASING ME. IN MY ESTATE TO DRIVE PAST THE SECURITY GUARDS AT THE GATE I WEAR FACE MASKS AND DARK SHADES AND A BASEBALL CAP AND DONT LOOK AT THEM. WHEN THIS CORONA VIIRUS THING CAME OUT I WAS HAPPY BECAUSE THE MASK I USED IT TO HIDE MY FACE FROM SECURITY GUARDS IN MY ESTATE. i have found out you have to take pro-active steps to stop being harrassed by beggars lmaooo.
Seems you ooze of money money money

1 Like

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by AnanseK(m): 5:07pm On Mar 07, 2020
It is a nation of Almajiris. I have noticed that too. Not all carry bowls but 50 % Nigerians are beggars.
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Xclusiveme: 5:19pm On Mar 07, 2020
Nigerians are rated No 1 in terms of Begging. Both offline and online. Lemme not talk of instagram, Shoprite own dey vex me pass
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Hahjascho(m): 5:24pm On Mar 07, 2020
If it pleases you give them and if it doesn't, 'go your way.

The bad one there is that of security men harassing people just for illegal money.

Them go still they prove point like say na dere right .
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by safarigirl(f): 5:38pm On Mar 07, 2020
Farki:

Abi you don't go out?

At a restaurant to buy food security will ask for money, if you want to park your car at a show, young men will crowd asking 'anything for boys'? Just last week a dozen men were crowding a car leaving a hotel waiting to receive something for the boys.

Even when you travel the first thing people ask you is 'what did you bring for me?', doesn't matter if they haven't seen you in 3 years they will still ask.

Even as a child I couldn't can't eat food without someone asking for a sip or a bite, the same person already had food and like the adults forgets about you once they have what they want.

I can't remember the last time I was harassed in such a manner, and I was at a restaurant twice today. Perhaps location matters

1 Like

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Blakjewelry(m): 5:43pm On Mar 07, 2020
Danzakidakura:
oga linus mba, are you related to liar mohammed
mumu you think say everybody na fool like you?
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by ZooOga: 5:51pm On Mar 07, 2020
my earlier post gone o. grin

let me try again with anoda theme that seems to be void in the consciousness, souls, and spirits of the great unwashed masses wink

'It's better to give than to receive' is from the Bible, Acts 20:35

1 Like

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Farki: 5:59pm On Mar 07, 2020
safarigirl:

I can't remember the last time I was harassed in such a manner, and I was at a restaurant twice today. Perhaps location matters

I stay in Lagos and see this almost every day. I have also seen non teaching staff of Universities ask students for money in other states.

If you don't look like the high brow type you won't be accosted but those who appear to be big men or those travelling out will be constantly harassed.

Simply driving into another state reveals checkpoints full of police/military who are only there to ask for money.

1 Like

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by joinnow: 6:20pm On Mar 07, 2020
armadeo:

This airport begging say dem delay you to miss flight. I honestly dont believe it.

How does that happen.

do you know they have to stamp seen on departure on your passport.
since its virgin passport they will be asking u stupid question
hope you are not running away from Nigeria
bla bla bla

what of custom and how much do u have with you to declare?
want to seize and collect your native food stuff. it is better i give N200 than to leave my ogbonu worth 2k.
what of they intend to count the cryfish in your luggage one by one
then you miss your flight

1 Like

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Omoapena(m): 6:26pm On Mar 07, 2020
GboyegaD:
It is well. I still don't understand the begging thing at the airport. I guess it is a culture that has come to stay and would need an entire reorientation to change it.

Believe me, if you found out what they are paying those guys, you wouldn't blame them for the begging habit.

Many of them are surviving daily with the little they get from people.
Tho I'm not in support of it but those people needs to be well paid then the system will change.

2 Likes

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by GboyegaD(m): 6:37pm On Mar 07, 2020
Omoapena:

Believe me, if you found out what they are paying those guys, you wouldn't blame them for the begging habit.

Many of them are surviving daily with the little they get from people.
Tho I'm not in support of it but those people needs to be well paid then the system will change.

Some people earn less yet, they do not beg. This excuse of yours only helps in justifying their acts and bring disregard to their occupation.

1 Like

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 07, 2020
eduman365:
The begging being perpetrated by NIS officials at MMIA is crazy. Before you leave the country, they'll beg for dollars, when you're coming back they'll beg for money... shocked

This is why tourists and foreigners will never respect us in the country, cos the people representing us at the airports and borders are fantastically and shamelessly corrupt.

Under this Anti-kwarruption government ??
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 07, 2020
Naughtysite:

Under this Anti-kwarruption government ??

Taah! If I hear say dem no corrupt cheesy grin
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by nedekid: 6:41pm On Mar 07, 2020
Mistaicey2288:
Hmmm this is what these stupid people have reduced us to. It's really sad i must say, especially that of security officers. You need to see the way these idiots beg and harass people because of money at the Airport. The last time i was traveling, a stupid man almost stopped me from boarding my flight all because i refused to bribe him. Of which, before i even got to him, i had sorted some people already at that same Airport and he was the last one i met and i needed him ti clear me to go. It took the intervention of someone i contacted before he released me to go. Samw thin when i was returning too, you'll see the idiots asking what you brought for them from abroad. Same thing with the stupid police officers too... Last time i traveled to IB from Osogbo, on my both trips (To and Fro) the bus drivers met at least 10 checkpoints each on their ways and the drivers sorted the Police 50Naira at each checkpoint... All these nonsense are happening and nothing is being done about it.. These are the idiots that paint the country bad to the outsiders...
What happened to you at the airport must have been what mopha experienced. Probably his refusal to part with more money made officials at the airport decide to deal with him.
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by DNSPro: 6:51pm On Mar 07, 2020
Coldie:

You are a disgrace not us
continue living in denial... after all, aren't you all "DNAnified" to do that? rubbish!
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 07, 2020
eduman365:

Taah! If I hear say dem no corrupt cheesy grin

If to say nah only corrupt APC be, I for happy.

They just spread hunger everywhere
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Mistaicey2288: 7:13pm On Mar 07, 2020
nedekid:

What happened to you at the airport must have been what mopha experienced. Probably his refusal to part with more money made officials at the airport decide to deal with him.

Lol.. You know i wasn't thinking in that direction ooo. You might actually be right on this..

1 Like

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by safarigirl(f): 7:14pm On Mar 07, 2020
Farki:

I stay in Lagos and see this almost every day. I have also seen non teaching staff of Universities ask students for money in other states.

If you don't look like the high brow type you won't be accosted but those who appear to be big men or those travelling out will be constantly harassed.

Simply driving into another state reveals checkpoints full of police/military who are only there to ask for money.

You don't mean it. I walk around looking raggedy enough, so, I don't get accosted the way some of you do.

I actually look like a teenager, and most people confuse me as such, so, I rarely get accosted, also, it is not likely that a woman will be accosted as much as men, because Nigerians are convinced men are the ones with the money. It is the same way, if you were walking down the street with a white man, he would probably be accosted before you, no matter how blinged out you are. In fact, you would be summarily ignored by a group of police officers, if you were with a white man, even if you're his boss.

This is not about 'looking like the highbrow type' like you so erroneously, and quite insultingly, may I add, assume. It is about people's general perception in the society

On the list, you have:

White men
White women
Other races of men
Other races of women
Black men
Black women
Young adults/teens

Also, I reiterate, location matters. I'm in Abuja, and we do not get accosted half as much. In fact, if a security man in a restaurant accosted a customer, he would be risking his job, because residents of Abuja are not as sympathetic as those in Lagos. So, while the random almajiri and some others may actually walk up to you, and a few service providers would expect a tip, for the most part, people are not being hounded to part with their cash here.

You should try living in a highbrow place, Lagos is a bit wild undecided
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Nobody: 7:15pm On Mar 07, 2020
Naughtysite:

If to say nah only corrupt APC be, I for happy.

They just spread hunger everywhere

Naija has always been like that. Some feed fat under some government, some get hungry under some others....

May God satisfy our mouths...
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by armadeo(m): 7:24pm On Mar 07, 2020
joinnow:

do you know they have to stamp seen on departure on your passport.
since its virgin passport they will be asking u stupid question
hope you are not running away from Nigeria
bla bla bla

what of custom and how much do u have with you to declare?
want to seize and collect your native food stuff. it is better i give N200 than to leave my ogbonu worth 2k.
what of they intend to count the cryfish in your luggage one by one
then you miss your flight

Oga the very first time I travelled nobody asked me anything just passport and waka pass.

Maybe because my passport isnt virgin anymore so I dont experience this.

Only once have I been begged and the guy was cool about it. No forcefulness. I gave him small tin.

2 Likes

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Dizzyrascal(m): 7:51pm On Mar 07, 2020
darlenese:
l

don't mind them, they are sounding as of Nigerian are meeting the oyibo for the first time .
rubbish nonsense
if you know how many people they beg me every now and then for road you will be surprised. Some people will just stand on the roadside and beg passerby....it is becoming too much.
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Dizzyrascal(m): 7:54pm On Mar 07, 2020
safarigirl:

You don't mean it. I walk around looking raggedy enough, so, I don't get accosted the way some of you do.

I actually look like a teenager, and most people confuse me as such, so, I rarely get accosted, also, it is not likely that a woman will be accosted as much as men, because Nigerians are convinced men are the ones with the money. It is the same way, if you were walking down the street with a white man, he would probably be accosted before you, no matter how blinged out you are. In fact, you would be summarily ignored by a group of police officers, if you were with a white man, even if you're his boss.

This is not about 'looking like the highbrow type' like you so erroneously, and quite insultingly, may I add, assume. It is about people's general perception in the society

On the list, you have:

White men
White women
Other races of men
Other races of women
Black men
Black women
Young adults/teens

Also, I reiterate, location matters. I'm in Abuja, and we do not get accosted half as much. In fact, if a security man in a restaurant accosted a customer, he would be risking his job, because residents of Abuja are not as sympathetic as those in Lagos. So, while the random almajiri and some others may actually walk up to you, and a few service providers would expect a tip, for the most part, people are not being hounded to part with their cash here.

exactly!!!

1 Like

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Farki: 7:54pm On Mar 07, 2020
safarigirl:

On the list, you have:

White men
White women
Other races of men
Other races of women
Black men
Black women
Young adults/teens

You're even agreeing with me so why are you taking it personally? grin

Like I said there is no place where people don't beg for money in Nigeria, in Lagos you will get hounded more because obviously there are more people around. Lagos isn't a place for soft people. grin
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by franchasng: 7:56pm On Mar 07, 2020
Omar09:

Guy you are so on point. I have this neighbor, yes he is of age to get married, but has nothing doing. Just yahoo oh. My guy married a girl or got her pregnant that I don't know but all I know is he's married with a little child and he doesn't have a job or trade he learned just yahoo and low key laundry he's using his apartment to do so that no one will know he's into laundry. He is of age to marry and keep a wife. But financially he's not there yet and he's depending on yahoo to pay him so he can look after his family. Now tell me how that child will have a functioning home?
cry cry cry
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Litmus: 8:05pm On Mar 07, 2020
gypsey:
Liar! liar! i visit Nigeria always, apart from the few people begging here and there. everything else mentioned here are all lies.

Don’t be surprised if majority of those making these comments have never visited Nigeria. undecided People can blow lies, my god!.
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Litmus: 8:16pm On Mar 07, 2020
Perhaps they want to tarnish Nigeria since begging is a huge problem in Ghana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z2fNKpU3aU
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Origin(f): 8:32pm On Mar 07, 2020
I used to hate this attitude of personal wanting a tip to do their job but I just learnt last week that most security personnel jobs are outsourced and the outsourcing companies end up paying peanuts.

I heard some even get paid lower than N20k per month.

The first thought that entered my head was;

It's like you people don't want to be secured!!!!!!
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Raalsalghul: 8:47pm On Mar 07, 2020
franchasng:
how many Nigerian children come from a functional family or marriage to start with

Nigeria's problem again is lack of birth control. People marrying without financial direction or preparation for the kids they intend to birth.

People getting married and giving birth to several kids without financial preparation or backup, but hoping on luck, fate and relatives to help them out!

These are the root cause of Nigeria's predicament

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Nasir123(m): 8:55pm On Mar 07, 2020
Farki:

Buhari scammed y'all. His proposed war against corruption was simply a movement to arrest his political opponents and shield the corrupt ones in his party.

Buhari is worse than an absentee father because the rot of his household is happening right under his nose. When soldiers were exposed by none other than the Governor of Borno for extorting motorists and subsequently left their posts Buhari did nothing.
The man is more of the same, empty promises and no action, these elderly politicians from the military era should go and sleep they have done enough.

I'm telling you!
The way they're running this government is looking so Pathetic.

What a shame!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Visa Free Countries With The Nigerian Passport / ₦360billion, Inside The World's Most Expensive Embassy(Photos) / Working Legally In Austria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.