Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,240 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here (48601 Views)

Exorbitant Estimated Billings: Who Do I Report BEDC To Please? / "No More Estimated Electricity Billing When I Become President'---tinubu / Do You Have Your March Electricity Bill Already (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Psoul(m): 4:31pm On Mar 14, 2020
For a flat.

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Under16: 4:38pm On Mar 14, 2020
Mailthaddeus:

Ur current charge is 18.2k. U have an arrears that is why it's high.

You don't understand those arrears came about due to their over billing system...especially months of epileptic power. There are months there we are served with 17k, 16k, 15 k as in for what? For how many persons? Intact, how much electricity did we use that month for u to be charging such an outrageous amount?

Manager will just sit in his office and tell marketers to double bill amount for the next month. And targets must be met...just like banks phcn operate same way.

2 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Under16: 4:40pm On Mar 14, 2020
I can see some phcn officials are on this thread supporting their daylight robbery. Isn't God that will punch y'all. Nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by emeijeh(m): 4:50pm On Mar 14, 2020
GabinoMarket:

Please how do you do it? My prepaid is 10k per week
Per week??
That's too much.
My 2k takes me into the next month sef.

Snap your model let me see. I will snap mine here too.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by ontolegit(m): 4:51pm On Mar 14, 2020
vincentjk:

The last time I paid was on December 2018, I told them I no longer need their services and I'm making my sales just fine. At home I use a customized prepaid meter whereby only the electric bulbs and fans read in the meter while all switches including fridge, cooking plates, iron, television are connected direct, no matter how they try they wouldn't find out so 2k card last more than a month for us. A quite big house
Pls how can one customise the prepaid meter?
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by vincentjk(m): 5:11pm On Mar 14, 2020
ontolegit:

Pls how can one customise the prepaid meter?

Where's your location?
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Legendguru: 5:18pm On Mar 14, 2020
smiley
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by perfectgen(m): 5:29pm On Mar 14, 2020
Mine was 0 naira. For the first time in my life, I received this kind of bill. I guess it has to do with the faulty transformer, which they are yet to fix.

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by joshyaks3(m): 5:38pm On Mar 14, 2020
My March billing is almost doubled. These companies are theives. We don't see light but we are forced to pay or thay disconnect.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by ArticleBeast: 5:49pm On Mar 14, 2020
Olunmercy56:

No, since I'm the only one living in the house, no AC nor washing machine sad I do off it when I'm going out and on it when I'm back home.
You suppose dey manage this country o
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by luggy(m): 6:33pm On Mar 14, 2020
My was #5400
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Mizwisdom(f): 7:13pm On Mar 14, 2020
Slaquan:

As a foreigner I can now see why Nigeria has such poor power supply. No one pays their bills. Almost everyone who posted a bill had more than 100k in outstanding debt. If that is a common problem how do you all exect the utility companies to run the business?

I don't think you're OK. Who told you people don't pay bills? those bills are exaggerated. Everybody knows this. In my case the bill was stopped at N75K, nobody used the place for more than a year, now that someone entered, the rogues gave her a starting bill of N130K, where did N55K come from?

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Asquare84(m): 7:45pm On Mar 14, 2020
invigilator:

Purchasing the meter is about 51k, if I do that, the current PHED meter no. will be suspended to the prepaid & there will be complications when I decide to relocate( and of cos I will be moving with my meter) .

I bought mine for 40,000 when you are relocating the meter can be reprogram
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by hairyman(m): 8:00pm On Mar 14, 2020
Ladies and gentlemen, do not allow yourself to be cowed by any DISCO.
NERC works, efficiently. What all these DISCOs bank on is your ignorance of that fact and the psychological pulverization they cause by issuing these outlandish bills.

WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?

Write a petition to the business manager of the unit covering your area. The letter must clearly state what you want. Specifically request for the review of your bills starting from a specific month.
Give details of your power supply if you can. Just make everything clear so they cannot deny by virtues of ambiguity. Attach all relevant bills.
When you go to submit the letter, make a photocopy. Demand that they sign "received" on the photocopy. Keep that copy intact!
Give the DISCO 15 working days, then write to NERC forum covering your area.

Again be very precise. Ask for a review and refund of excess bills you have been paying. There is not time limit: you can ask for review for 3 years back onwards.
Attach all the bills, the letter you wrote to the DISCO (remember that signed photocopy?) and any other relevant evidence (in my sojourn at NERC Ibadan against IBEDC, I calculated my normal energy consumption based on average power supply and the gadgets in my apartment and attached it to my letter)
NERC will invite you for arbitration with your DISCO. Be prepared, remember you will be arguing against crooks.
In my case the excessive bills was wiped at NERC Ibadan.

For my Lagos apartment, I got a refund of about 250k after i wrote for a review and refund of 6 months bill or thereabout.

Note that it is a continuous struggle. Even after NERC has ruled in your favour the DISCO will act reasonable for a while then return to the exhortionist billing (a crook will always be a crook). Dont worry, give it time to make the fight worth your while then start over again, you will get your refund.

How fast NERC attends to your petition depends on the work load. In Lagos, it took almost 5 months, while at Ibadan, it was just 3 weeks.
But both times I got my money either back or debt deleted.

PLEASE SPREAD THIS MESSAGE EVERYWHERE.

WE NEED TO MAKE DISCOS responsible by showing them that they are wasting their time.

P.S: Thinking about it now, my petition to NERC Lagos took about 3 months to achieve an effect, not 5 months.
I wrote in February 2019 and the issue was resolved before the May bill (April energy consumption) was delivered.
Period reviewed extended from November 2018 (my specific request)

PPS: The extortionist billing started after about 2 months. I have been paying it because it has not been worthwhile petitioning against.
It has been 10 months now and the amount has become worth fighting for so I have begun another process with the submission of the petition to EKEDC.
Counting down to 15 days!

2 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by luluosas(m): 8:05pm On Mar 14, 2020
D
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by luluosas(m): 8:10pm On Mar 14, 2020
Story. I had copied nerc forum, nerc itself, ministry of power, against bedc and no single response.
hairyman:
NERC works, efficiently. What all these DISCOs bank on is your ignorance of that fact and the psychological pulverization they cause by issuing these outlandish bills.

WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?

Write a petition to the business manager of the unit covering your area. The letter must clearly state what you want. Specifically request for the review of your bills starting from a specific month.
Give details of your power supply if you can. Just make everything clear so they cannot deny by virtues of ambiguity. Attach all relevant bills.
When you go to submit the letter, make a photocopy. Demand that they sign "received" on the photocopy. Keep that copy intact!

Again be very precise. Ask for a review and refund of excess bills you have been paying. There is not time limit: you can ask for review for 3 years back onwards.
Attach all the bills and any other relevant evidence (in my sojourn at NERC Ibadan against IBEDC, I calculated my normal energy consumption based on average power supply and the gadgets in my apartment and attached it to my letter)
NERC will invite you for arbitration with your DISCO. Be prepared, remember you will be arguing against crooks.

For my Lagos apartment, I got a refund of 104k after i wrote for a review and refund of 6 months bill or thereabout.

Note that it is a continuous struggle. Even after NERC has ruled in your favour the DISCO will act reasonable for a while then return to the exhortionist billing (a crook will always be a crook). Dont worry, give it time to make the fight worth your while then start over again, you will get your refund.

How fast NERC attends to your petition depends on the work load. In Lagos, it took almost 5 months, while at Ibadan, it was just 3 weeks.

WE NEED TO MAKE DISCOS responsible by showing them that they are wasting their time.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by hairyman(m): 8:21pm On Mar 14, 2020
Note in the attached bills that in April my bill was 141k (with arrears) by August EKEDC was owing me 14k.
NERC reviewed the bills same April and by the next billing time, which I cannot locate, I had 104k CR. That means I got a refund of about 250k

NERC WORKS!!!
USE NERC PROPERLY!!!

You may disregard anyone who claims otherwise. The person is either a DISCO agent or someone who did not follow due process.

When I return to Abeokuta, I will get the NERCIbadan judgement and post too.

hairyman:

WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?

Attach all the bills and any other relevant evidence (in my sojourn at NERC Ibadan against IBEDC, I calculated my normal energy consumption based on average power supply and the gadgets in my apartment and attached it to my letter)

For my Lagos apartment, I got a refund of 104k after i wrote for a review and refund of 6 months bill or thereabout.

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by ddestiny20(m): 8:29pm On Mar 14, 2020
ehmmmmmm
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by DPricey1(f): 8:41pm On Mar 14, 2020
we were billed 15k, let them come and cut the light. we are not doing again.

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by adanny01(m): 9:09pm On Mar 14, 2020
luluosas:
Story. I had copied nerc forum, nerc itself, ministry of power, against bedc and no single response.

You probably didn't follow the procedure.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Under16: 9:13pm On Mar 14, 2020
Babakent:
Why is nobody talking about numerous people who have prepaid meters and have by passed their meter?

That's a topic for another day. We are talking abt estimated billing and meeting of targets by disco marketers. There jobs are at stake. If targets ain't met no salary or probably half payment.

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 14, 2020
tope777:
Prepaid meter,3 Bedroom, 23hrs/day light...average 9k per month, No Generator since 2009.woji -Portharcourt Nigeria grin
enjoy while it last. nothing lasts forever.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by sleeknaija(m): 9:52pm On Mar 14, 2020
vincentjk:

The last time I paid was on December 2018, I told them I no longer need their services and I'm making my sales just fine. At home I use a customized prepaid meter whereby only the electric bulbs and fans read in the meter while all switches including fridge, cooking plates, iron, television are connected direct, no matter how they try they wouldn't find out so 2k card last more than a month for us. A quite big house

U are a thief and fraudster.. I pray u will be caught very soon and u will spend some months behind bar sad grin

3 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by sleeknaija(m): 10:01pm On Mar 14, 2020
Babakent:
Why is nobody talking about numerous people who have prepaid meters and have by passed their meter?

They wont talk about it cos out of 100 about to be metered customers, 99 of them is already thinking of how to steal by bypassing their prepare meters.. cheesy grin
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by paix(m): 10:16pm On Mar 14, 2020
overdrive:
Is this bill for an estate
You don't know the kind of gadgets and accessories he has in his house. These are the VIP customers.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by dangoteinlaw: 10:56pm On Mar 14, 2020
BrainArk:
Wow, seems the senator that proposed the bill to ban the use of generator has share in the electricity industry. The plan is to ban the use of generator leaving people with no choice than to pay for light that they even get to see.....
see enemy of progress oo, that senator is trying for fight for you, to force the govt to take power supply more serious and you are here talking nonsense,, madness dey your brain
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Mcslize: 11:00pm On Mar 14, 2020
Olunmercy56:

I got it 3 years ago, the guy gave it to me after two working days.. The one we ordered for in my shop is yet to be given to us since almost a year sad

That's serious. Prepaid meters were only easy to get when they first came out. When they first came out, they were even begging people to get theirs. But some persons broke out the rumour that one will spend heavily on light bill with a prepaid meter than those without prepaid meters. That rumour put uncertainties on a lot of persons and prevented so many persons from getting at the early stage.

Now, it's very difficult to get one even if you pay for it, unless one has long legs.

You are lucky.

2 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by dangoteinlaw: 11:02pm On Mar 14, 2020
Slaquan:

As a foreigner I can now see why Nigeria has such poor power supply. No one pays their bills. Almost everyone who posted a bill had more than 100k in outstanding debt. If that is a common problem how do you all expect the utility companies to run the business?
u must be mad or your brain is being coronalized, how do you pay for something yiu didnt use? If you didn't use electricity for business where will the return come from??

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by fapcrook(m): 11:05pm On Mar 14, 2020
Thank God no disco light for our house. Na solar panel and generator sure pass. Generator is just 3 hours a day for the freezer and solar for other things

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Mcslize: 11:06pm On Mar 14, 2020
emmanuelpopson:

its a lie.. I registered, pay for my prepaid meter without knowning anybody.. its all about patient.are you under ikeja electric? its a systematic thing. so easy like a pack of cards... you register, they confirmed your payment.. they they come for inspection at your vicinity to know to know the kinda meter you gonna need ..single phase or three phases.. Afterwards they will message you on the amount to pay and the banks to make payment to...all these are done via e-mail... I did same to my apartment and three prepaid meters are paid for now... one was installed last week March 3... though I paid February 12.. you see. its simple. I only know of Ikeja electric ooo..dunno about other discos

Wow, wonderful! Will look into that as soon as possible.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by Mcslize: 11:07pm On Mar 14, 2020
OrangeDream:
Actually true this days. I worked with them in 2010. So, it was easy to connect with one of my boss to get one.

Exactly.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here by LTRAVIS(m): 12:08am On Mar 15, 2020
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

Me too same woji-port Harcourt 6k a month 23hrs light a day.

Prepaid is bea

To see house in woji na problem...been looking for house in that area for a while,

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Doyin Okupe Embarrasses GEJ On Twitter / Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) / Hunters Kill 80 Insurgents, Reclaim Mahia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.